PDA

View Full Version : Window chrome finishing strips - removal

Simon
21st November 2006, 21:12
On your average 75, you get the chrome strips that surround the windows. One piece is screwed directly to the roof on either side of the car - this is simple to remove as is the piece on the rear three-quater section. However, how do you remove the strips running along under the windows? Is it a simple case of "pull and see what happens" ? :confused:

If this is the case then how about the two small strips (one on either side of the car) that run underneath the wing mirror mounts. These are the hardest to get at. Are these to a push/pull fit? :confused:

(I'm hoping neither of these need to have the door cards removed. If they do then I'm gonna cry. Lots.)

Thanks in advance!

Alex30013k
22nd November 2006, 04:57
well i do know to get the chrome strips off from the front doors its mirror off! and that means door card off!

But as for the main part above the doors it just pops off after you have taken the screws each end out?

Simon
22nd November 2006, 07:17
Yeah, agree with you on the upper strips - they're easy.

It's the lower ones that will prove a problem i think. Espescialy the ones under the mirrors... :flame:

I'll have to think on this one...

lildevil
22nd November 2006, 15:12
Hi

I am sorry but I am unable to help. However why would you want to remove the chrome strips? I think that the chrome strips are one of the things that define the car and make it look at little bit extra special.

Regards
Tom

Alex30013k
22nd November 2006, 17:16
Hi

I am sorry but I am unable to help. However why would you want to remove the chrome strips? I think that the chrome strips are one of the things that define the car and make it look at little bit extra special.

Regards
Tom

Well i see that he drives a mg?

Maybe he wants to add the chrome....

lildevil
22nd November 2006, 19:58
Hi

Regards
Tom

Hi

Following my above post I have now realised after Alex told me....you are driving a MG ZT, I now understand why you may want to remove the chrome.

Regards
Tom

Simon
22nd November 2006, 22:58
Actually, its to remove the black trim and add chrome, just as Alex has said.

I think it will finish the car off quite nicely - along with some chrome mirror covers! :D