PDA

View Full Version : Warning light for bulb failure, but can't find a blown bulb?

ukexposed
15th September 2007, 13:47
Although I am sure they were working yesterday (although, you never can be 100% sure), today the "bulb failure" light has illuminated on the dash - but the only bulbs (yes, both of them) that I can find not working by walking round the car are the reversing lights.

BUT! According to the manual, this illumnated warning doesn't tell you that the reversing lights are out - they aren't included in the check - so can anyone suggest what other problem I might have!? :shrug:

Many thanks,
D.

Christopher
15th September 2007, 13:50
Try one of the number plate lights

GreyGhost
15th September 2007, 14:24
Check also brake lights are not covering the rear side lights. They run at low power if a rear side light is out to make sure you have lighting.

Dacman
15th September 2007, 15:22
Ill shadow what GG said. I had the bulb failiure message and could find which was blown. Ended up removing both rear light clusters and noticed a brake light covering for another which had blown.

Taking of blown bulbs had a brake light pop so replaced it and snapped the ruddy lugs of the black plastic trim that covers the boot locking plate :mad:

hope it helps

dac

pondweed
15th September 2007, 20:23
check chafing wiring to the front lighting looms on the front crossmembers - mine was coming and going for a while as the wires gradually broke and giving interesting information on the display...

chris slack
15th September 2007, 20:33
had same problem on my rover 75 and could,nt see a blown bulb but one of the stop/tail bulbs was black and the filament in it looked dodgy so replaced both stoptail bulbs and been fine since appx 12 wks ago