PDA

View Full Version : Nob problems

JP53
22nd November 2006, 12:19
My wife keeps getting the nob come off in her hand. Any ideas how I can fix it to the stick? It has a tendancy to happen on fast rear changes. Thanks John.

loupus666
22nd November 2006, 12:31
Hi John, a bit of silicone squirted in before pushing back on.....then leave for a day while silicone goes off, worked for me.
Mark

JP53
22nd November 2006, 12:34
Hi John, a bit of silicone squirted in before pushing back on.....then leave for a day while silicone goes off, worked for me.
Mark

Thanks Mark, sounds like a first thing Sunday morning job then. :D

GreyGhost
22nd November 2006, 12:51
Thanks Mark, sounds like a first thing Sunday morning job then. :D

Hi John

The gear knob is held in place by 2 sprung clips on the stick that locate in a groove within the handle.. Try smacking the knob firmly down onto the stick to ensure it is properly located. I would advise a rolled towel or similar and a wooden mallet. Make sure there is plenty of cushioning between Knob and mallet.
If it is fully located then revert to what Mark has advised. Silicone sealer will fully cure in 24 hours if exposed to air.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=177

JP53
22nd November 2006, 15:58
Hi John

The gear knob is held in place by 2 sprung clips on the stick that locate in a groove within the handle.. Try smacking the knob firmly down onto the stick to ensure it is properly located. I would advise a rolled towel or similar and a wooden mallet. Make sure there is plenty of cushioning between Knob and mallet.
If it is fully located then revert to what Mark has advised. Silicone sealer will fully cure in 24 hours if exposed to air.

Thats one of the things I love about this forum, instant problem solving :D

Zeb
22nd November 2006, 16:02
Hi John

I hate to think what doing this might do to your gear selectors!

JP53
22nd November 2006, 16:08

Not as much damage as Sues style of gear change thats for sure. :rofl: closely followed by :hurt:

GreyGhost
22nd November 2006, 16:41
Thats one of the things I love about this forum, instant problem solving :D

Yep, hit with a big hammer, doesn't matter what it is or what's wrong with it. The Irish screwdriver solves all problems. :) I am Irish before we get any complaints :)

GreyGhost
22nd November 2006, 16:43

Not that hard, a sharp tap would do the job, mallet and rolled towel to prevent damage to half timbered knob.

Roverron
22nd November 2006, 17:34
And not an inuendo in sight...

Boring!

GreyGhost
22nd November 2006, 18:07

Boring!

We were all to polite say that the the first post by John referring to a member of the nobility coming off in his wifes hand, put everybody off making comments. :D

There you go Ron, better now? :D :D :D

JP53
22nd November 2006, 19:22
We were all to polite say that the the first post by John referring to a member of the nobility coming off in his wifes hand, put everybody off making comments. :D

Now I had not noticed how very very rude the original post could look ;) (yeah right :rolleyes: )

Roverron
23rd November 2006, 13:53

Shows how sophisticated my sense of humour is!

Now where did I put that Chubby Brown DVD....?

Ron

Who's not heard of him?

Mike
23rd November 2006, 14:07

Ron

Who's not heard of him?

My 9 year old hasn't (yet!) Thank God ;)

maxi_crawf
23rd November 2006, 14:23

Boring!

Ditto!!:cool:

JP53
23rd November 2006, 20:16
Shows how sophisticated my sense of humour is!

Ron

Who's not heard of him?

I've heard of him, he's good but I prefer Jethro. :D

Simon
23rd November 2006, 20:54
I've heard of him, he's good but I prefer Jethro. :D

Jethro... Jethro... (racks head...)

Ahh! I know! Wasn't he some dude that helped shape agricultural engineering and machinery in the 13th and 14th century?! :confused: ;) :rolleyes: :rofl:

JP53
23rd November 2006, 21:12
Jethro... Jethro... (racks head...)

Ahh! I know! Wasn't he some dude that helped shape agricultural engineering and machinery in the 13th and 14th century?! :confused: ;) :rolleyes: :rofl:

That and formed a pop group :D

Simon
23rd November 2006, 21:47
That and formed a pop group :D

Hasn't he been a busy boy then... ;) :rofl:

Makes you wonder how he manages to fit it all in. Also could be proof that all these anti-ageing creams etc around at the moment do actually work! :eek: :rolleyes: