PDA

View Full Version : R75 CDTi with Manual Gearbox - gear selection failure

Rosebank
17th September 2007, 11:34
Hi all
Yesterday when I got into the car, I started the engine, selected reverse to pull away from my garage and sensed something not quite right :( . So I placed the lever in neutral again and then selected reverse again, released the clutch, and NOTHING!! Tried First gear and again nothing. I fear that the selector mechanism is at fault :confused: .

Does anyone have any suggestions or had similar faults, who might be able to suggest whether there is a simple solution .... or not?

My major fear is not being able to attend the Holker Hall meeting in my Tourer but rather my Wife's Fiesta! Embarassment :o or what?

glad of any advice,
Regards
Rosebank

kaiser
17th September 2007, 14:42
If you look at some of the earlier postings, there are a few regarding the cable linkages, sounds to me as if that could be an option, provided you are sure nobody nicked your box!!!
Ah, the pleasure of an automatic!

amableson
17th September 2007, 15:50
Have a look at this link it will all become clear.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=9428

stevemull
17th September 2007, 19:54
So, others have similar problems ??
This evning i was going to post, "Gearlever problems" yet others have beaten me to it!!

I have noticed recently that if my (75, 1.8 manual 38k mileage) car is driven locally, there isnt a problem, but after a very brisk drive from portsmouth to my abode ( 70 ish miles) by the time i got home, gear selection was a bit of an effort, as the lever did not want to move, yet at cold the lever is quite sloppy

have i got cable problems looming ??

regards

steve