PDA

View Full Version : How to Remove a DD unit

Dominic22
2nd November 2011, 11:55
I bought Graham's (Gra123) rover 75, I want to remove the DD unit and reversing camera in there and get the car back to original. Is there a how to anywhere. The car once fixed it going to my Dad and he will not be able to work it so have the Symphony unit to go back in, just need the CD changer. The car has HK set up also if that makes any difference.

I might put it in the V8 for a while but more than likely will get the new android later as I think it suits the car better.

Thanks

Thorfin
2nd November 2011, 13:19
Swadlincote is a few hours drive from here (Portsmouth way) but if you happen to be on the south coast at all drop me a PM I'll happily help fit for you - Might even offer to buy the DD :D

Rev Jules
2nd November 2011, 13:32
Swadlincote is a few hours drive from here (Portsmouth way) but if you happen to be on the south coast at all drop me a PM I'll happily help fit for you - Might even offer to buy the DD :D

Are you able to fit one of Radioguy,s units when it arrives.

Cheers.

Julien(Rover75 Diesel Connie)

Thorfin
2nd November 2011, 14:54
Are you able to fit one of Radioguy,s units when it arrives.

Cheers.

Julien(Rover75 Diesel Connie)

I removed one from a ZT the other day and refitted with the steering wheel controls (and fixed the power to the TV unit) :) - I'm happy to help fit if your stuck? :) If its a stock unit in the car at the moment there may be a trip to the local factors to pick up an adaptor... but without seeing the car I couldn't confirm or deny that :)

Rev Jules
8th November 2011, 15:12
I removed one from a ZT the other day and refitted with the steering wheel controls (and fixed the power to the TV unit) :) - I'm happy to help fit if your stuck? :) If its a stock unit in the car at the moment there may be a trip to the local factors to pick up an adaptor... but without seeing the car I couldn't confirm or deny that :)

So sorry I have not got back to you, at the moment I have a highline/satnav fitted Radioguy just says plug and play with running the aerial fromthe boot to the dash. not got the unit yet when it comes would you help If I asked.
Its just I really dont have the confidence to do this job (sad really).

Many thanks for your offer.!!

Julien (Rover 75 Diesel Connie)

Thorfin
8th November 2011, 17:17
So sorry I have not got back to you, at the moment I have a highline/satnav fitted Radioguy just says plug and play with running the aerial fromthe boot to the dash. not got the unit yet when it comes would you help If I asked.
Its just I really dont have the confidence to do this job (sad really).

Many thanks for your offer.!!

Julien (Rover 75 Diesel Connie)

I would suggest that its likely that you have the BMW loom, therefore will need an adaptor (I happen to have a spare one here if necessary) and then its just connecting up the steering wheel controls and all ancillaries (TV Ariel and Camera etc)

Yes, by all means give me a shout when you need a hand :)

Rev Jules
8th November 2011, 22:02
I would suggest that its likely that you have the BMW loom, therefore will need an adaptor (I happen to have a spare one here if necessary) and then its just connecting up the steering wheel controls and all ancillaries (TV Ariel and Camera etc)

Yes, by all means give me a shout when you need a hand :)

Many thanks will look forward to meeting you .

Julien