PDA

View Full Version : MGZT CDti Analogue clock help please

Fraser
17th September 2007, 20:11
Hi, I know its not the most pressing problem but any help would be much appreciated. Bought my mg from new and reg jan 07 with 28 miles on it. The car has literally been faultless for 7,500 miles. not one minor quibble - nothing. I took my car in for its first service and no problem but the clock doesn't work. The mechanic can't seem to find the fuse under the glove compartment and all the pictures of the fuses don't seem to have a picture of the clock. There is absolutely nothing wrong with any other electric. Any ideas?

JohnDotCom
17th September 2007, 20:13
Other than a Faulty Clock (they do appear on EBay),
or loose wiring cannot think of anything.
Does the clock light up with lights on?

Mike
17th September 2007, 20:15
The clock is Fuse F3 on the fusebox under the glovebox - Should be bottom row 3rd from left. This fuse covers the diag socket, clock and memory seats. 5A fuse

JohnDotCom
17th September 2007, 20:51
I forgot to add that Mike, I even got out the Handbook. Thanks.
My excuse today is its been a Hell of a day, now we have Gale force winds and rain that is so heavy just not soaking into the Ground but trying to make new lakes. http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif
The sea is very high tonight with seahorses and waves hitting over the sea wall.
Here we go again.
Right back to thread.............

Fraser
18th September 2007, 11:31
Hi,
Thank you very much for your replies. They are much appreciated. Fraser

Moonstone
18th September 2007, 16:42
The clock is Fuse F3 on the fusebox under the glovebox - Should be bottom row 3rd from left. This fuse covers the diag socket, clock and memory seats. 5A fuse

A previous clock failure reported here was caused by a short on the diagnostic socket, when someone attempted to reset the service interval. Could have been the mechanic.

JOHN STRANG
20th September 2007, 18:20
Fraser,
I blew the fuse when resetting the Service Schedule. On my ZT-T CDTi the fuse was the top fuse in row one, you really have to get your head in close to see it. I missed it at the first time of looking for the fault.

Fuse layout not the same as in the handbook.
Good luck.
J

Fraser
22nd September 2007, 16:39
Thank you for your help and comments