PDA

View Full Version : My trip computer works fine except for.......

Roger
18th September 2007, 10:50
My R75 cdti trip computer works fine except for the Range display. If I travel up a long hill, say, the fuel consumption naturally increases, and the Range shown decreases. Good.
However, when I resume travelling on the flat, the Range shown increases only VERY slowly. The display refreshes every thirty seconds or so, and only increases by 1 kilometre EVERY refresh. It takes an AWFUL long time to settle down to a meaningful range, again. I'm sure it used to be a bit more responsive, and settle down after about ten or so refreshes. Subsequent refreshes were just fine tuning.
Is there a reset button in the system? I've tried depressing the end of the selector stick thingee. Everything else resets fine.
This is no big deal, but it would be nice..............

T-Cut
18th September 2007, 16:43
It's working correctly, as far as my own observations go. If you make a dramatic change to the consumption data as you did, subsequent 'normal' driving will require a lot of fresh data points to get the figures back on 'normal' track. It's like the average speed calculation. If you do 60MPH for an hour, then stop for 10 minutes, your average speed is. . . . well you work it out. It's surprisingly low. Another way to get it back slightly quicker is to reset the computer while you are driving 'normally'. When the system has been collecting data for along time, it updates less often. All the data points it receives after the reset will be 'normal' so the results stabilise faster.

EDIT: Holding the stalk button in while the trip computer is on the display should reset it.

TC