PDA

View Full Version : Front ashtray illuminated?

tdi90
13th November 2011, 17:19
Hiya

As per title, is the front ashtray in a 2003 ZT supposed to be illuminated?
Cos mine aint and its blooming annoying :mad:

T-Cut
13th November 2011, 17:30
Nope. Not even as an optional extra.
You could wire in a small LED I guess.

TC

tdi90
13th November 2011, 17:40
Nope. Not even as an optional extra.
You could wire in a small LED I guess.

TC

Thanks, I'll have to have a play and rig something up.

Canonite
13th November 2011, 19:02
Thanks, I'll have to have a play and rig something up.

You smoke in the car?? :O

MangoMan
13th November 2011, 19:32
Why should you automatically think that someone smokes in their car? ('their' being the operative word), when really I would consider it needing being lit because you want to retrieve something that one has put in there, and I'm not talking about a dog-end either!
I'm a 'non-smoker' but that doesn't stop me respecting other peoples wishes to do with, or in 'their' property that they wish to!
Not only that I HATE the anti-smoking lobby!!! (and almost as much as 'self-righteous' doctors)!

suffolk boy
13th November 2011, 19:37
i smoke in mine and no it does not smell as it gets a full clean every week.but the absence of a light in the ashtray is annoying i was thinking of using one of those map reading light things.

suzublu
13th November 2011, 19:37
Think it was tongue in cheek Bill ;)

MangoMan
13th November 2011, 19:50
With 'anti-smokers' it's never tongue-in-cheek....... Have you been in a pub recently? I hate it as I'm usually the one left at the bar looking after the drinks while they, (my mates) have to go outside!

suzublu
13th November 2011, 19:51
No,i'm like a pilot light Bill, i never go out:shrug: ;)

MangoMan
13th November 2011, 19:54
no,i'm like a pilot light bill, i never go out:shrug: ;) lol...... Like it! :D

bl52krz
13th November 2011, 20:07
Why should you automatically think that someone smokes in their car? ('their' being the operative word), when really I would consider it needing being lit because you want to retrieve something that one has put in there, and I'm not talking about a dog-end either!
I'm a 'non-smoker' but that doesn't stop me respecting other peoples wishes to do with, or in 'their' property that they wish to!
Not only that I HATE the anti-smoking lobby!!! (and almost as much as 'self-righteous' doctors)!
Hi. I also do not smoke, but have an "suicide drawer" in my Rover 75 cdt. I do not mind anyone smoking in their car if they want.But what a stink when you are a non smoker, when you get in a vehicle that is smoked in.. Smokin!!! Yes. I used to smoke, 80 a day about 40 years ago, and then i watched a programme on the "box", that showed you a lung from a person who smoked, and one from a person who did not. I packed it up the next day.Am i "anti smoking"? No, certainly not. Let them carry on smoking and paying the tax on them, that should keep my tax's down on my hobbie.

Mike Noc
13th November 2011, 20:30
Well luckily I gave up smoking years ago when the kids were born, which is just as well, as it is now illegal for me to smoke in my own car as I drive more miles on business than privately. Crazy or what?

If I did still smoke I'd be fuming! :mad:

Mike

danmayberry
14th November 2011, 07:19
With 'anti-smokers' it's never tongue-in-cheek....... Have you been in a pub recently? I hate it as I'm usually the one left at the bar looking after the drinks while they, (my mates) have to go outside!
if you are so pro-smoking why dont you take it up then??

MangoMan
14th November 2011, 08:06
if you are so pro-smoking why dont you take it up then??

I'm not so much 'Pro-Smoking' as Pro Freedom of Choice! I stopped being a child a long time ago, but it seems a great many haven't and feel the need to be told what to do. - If it's that bad why don't they outlaw it, oh no, they can't do that it'll be too much tax revenue lost...... Hypocrites!

And hey Dan, what would you prefer to do, sit in a room with 5 people smoking or in a room with a V8 idling? I suppose a V8 idling....... Carry on......lol...lol...

Canonite
14th November 2011, 11:32
....oh for christ sake!

danmayberry
14th November 2011, 13:09
I have never smoked,but in my experience most of the smokers I knew were/are selfish and smoked in confined places,and didn't give a stuff whether non smokers were there,best thing ever banning it in public places,only thing they need now is fag litter penalties

kissifer1972
14th November 2011, 13:27
Think this thread may have gone a little off topic........ :getmecoat:

tdi90
14th November 2011, 14:10
wow! seemed to have stirred up a hornets nest here lol

Yes I smoke in the car, my car my choice. Stopped going to pubs and clubs unless its for a reason (party etc) because of the smoking ban.
Pee'd off about lack of freedom? not really, why should people who dont smoke have to inhale mine?

Anyway, the ashtray needs a light and it'll get one when I get round to it :D

Canonite
14th November 2011, 14:35
Anyway, the ashtray needs a light and it'll get one when I get round to it :D

LEDs :D
Everywhere.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=87372&highlight=marmite+lighting