PDA

View Full Version : anyway of testing slave once its outta cae

connyv6
14th November 2011, 15:48
Strange query I know but I have a slave cylinder here and hoping to put in freebie ads is there any way off testing it or looking for something to give me peace of mind before handing it over thanks in advance

Simon.h
14th November 2011, 16:31
No!
If you could, you still would not get the same pressure as if its pushing the clutch.

I would not buy as 2nd hand slave, as a new one may only last 50k.

COLVERT
14th November 2011, 17:11
It would be a total NO NO for anybody to fit a second hand slave due to the high cost of replacing it if it goes belly up !!!!!

Chuck it and don't risk upsetting someone by giving it away.

Colvert. :getmecoat::getmecoat::getmecoat:

connyv6
14th November 2011, 18:05
only thought to try and benefit someone else not looking for any gain .
shall leave back on shelf then:cool:

Mike Noc
14th November 2011, 19:19
Conny take Colvert's advice and bin it, unless you want to fit a used one. I know I wouldn't even if it was on the shelf! ;)

Mike

connyv6
14th November 2011, 19:48
dont get me wrong what you guys have said is fair point, it just seems a waste i would like to be helpful and contribute on here. slave been binned dont worry i do listen it would be a waste of time joining these forums if you werent prepared to listen.
i am going to have a premature spring clean in workshop and garages soon and see if anyone is interested in any of my clutter, call it xmas spirit:D:D
thanks for your input fellas i would have felt bad if i had caused bigger headaches for someone
side topic mr colvert what bike you got there , im a bit of an amatuer tinkerer with bikes i got about 15 im working on at the minute, but then again i remember when bikes where bikes...pm me if you like would be interested what a fellow r75 driver is using for fun

Mike Noc
14th November 2011, 20:05
15 bikes- what have you got? No need for PM's - don't think you can be had up for hijacking your own thread. I still get out on my trusty old Norton Commando every now and again.

Just realised I still have my old slave and master cylinder from the last clutch change, along with loads of other junk. Must have a clear out.

Mike

connyv6
14th November 2011, 20:33
suzuki gsx-f1100
suzuki 600 bandit
yamaha fz600
yamaha gpz550
yamaha gpz1100
yamaha gpz900 !!
honda vfr400
honda cb750
bsa bantam d1
bsa beagle
royal enfield (old n british)
royal enfield (new n indian)
gs850
suzuki burgman125
marauder 125
zzr600
bmwk1100lt
and....
iveco daily swb hi-top
swb pug boxer low top
vauxhall sintra 3.0v6
my baby, 75 conny v6 w plate
morris minor 1000
autin meastro 1300
I basically buy spares or repairs or knackers and enjoy my spare time stripping them down and rebuilding im gonna have sell some nexgt year though because if i want to carry on with hobby i need more room, im no expert but very fussy and do enjoy it. i would love to have some of the earlier british stuff but 80's bikes are ten a penny as spares and repairs and starting to increase in price for good examples , my gsxf , gpz900 , bantam and bmw are show bikes and insured.
i would like to play with making my own zt track car one day.....

Mike Noc
14th November 2011, 21:02
That's a fair old collection- must take up some space. Would love to add a few more vehicles to the stable but the stable isn't big enough!

How do the 2 Enfields compare? Are they 350's or 500's?

Mike

connyv6
14th November 2011, 21:14
to be fair the indian aint that bad it rides a bit tighter than the original but the quality not as good, i think if you are of the old school britannia rules wavelength and most of us on here are then you wont beat the original.
as i say space is know a premium and i have 2 sheds 1 workshop and a tandem garage with a 4 car driveway and i have to sell the boxer and a couple of bikes..sort of like rotating stock i guess:cool: i would like to collect as many as possible all in full show condition before im done but i cant stop messing with them , 75 included. i would recommend the sintra if you want a comfortable mpv with over 200horses and tbh easier to get in and out off as you get fatter (not older im peter pan!!!)

Mike Noc
14th November 2011, 22:02
Don't know what's happened to our friend Colvert, but in answer to your question he has a rather tasty Honda CB1000R. You can see a picture of it on his profile on the dark side.

Mike

COLVERT
16th November 2011, 09:32
suzuki gsx-f1100
suzuki 600 bandit
yamaha fz600
yamaha gpz550
yamaha gpz1100
yamaha gpz900 !!
honda vfr400
honda cb750
bsa bantam d1
bsa beagle
royal enfield (old n british)
royal enfield (new n indian)
gs850
suzuki burgman125
marauder 125
zzr600
bmwk1100lt
and....
iveco daily swb hi-top
swb pug boxer low top
vauxhall sintra 3.0v6
my baby, 75 conny v6 w plate
morris minor 1000
autin meastro 1300
I basically buy spares or repairs or knackers and enjoy my spare time stripping them down and rebuilding im gonna have sell some nexgt year though because if i want to carry on with hobby i need more room, im no expert but very fussy and do enjoy it. i would love to have some of the earlier british stuff but 80's bikes are ten a penny as spares and repairs and starting to increase in price for good examples , my gsxf , gpz900 , bantam and bmw are show bikes and insured.
i would like to play with making my own zt track car one day.....

WOW !! That really is some collection.
I come from the BSA Bantam era too.

I've spent years messing about with mechanical things but I've now got to the stage that I just want to ride my bike or drive my car without having to do much to them.

The bike's a Honda CB 1,000 R 2009.

Colvert. :D:D:D

HarryM1BYT
16th November 2011, 09:46
Strange query I know but I have a slave cylinder here and hoping to put in freebie ads is there any way off testing it or looking for something to give me peace of mind before handing it over thanks in advance

Getting back to the original question.....

I would suggest connecting slave upto the connection on top of the gearbox - taking the place of the existing slave, putting a G-clamp on the slave, to prevent it expanding too far under pressure, then pressing the clutch pedal down hard, whilst watching for leaks from the slave.

COLVERT
18th November 2011, 16:27
Getting back to the original question.....

I would suggest connecting slave upto the connection on top of the gearbox - taking the place of the existing slave, putting a G-clamp on the slave, to prevent it expanding too far under pressure, then pressing the clutch pedal down hard, whilst watching for leaks from the slave.

Still not worth the risk fitting it Harry. It might be perfect on your test but it won't show how much wear there is in it. :shrug:

Could fail ten minutes after being fitted !!! :mad::mad::mad:

Colv. :cool: