PDA

View Full Version : Sean DD tip

HarryM1BYT
20th November 2011, 13:30
My DD from switch on, has always shut the audio completely off if the volume is turned down even slightly, no matter where the level is to start with. I suppose they all do this and probably an issue in the DD's firmware?

My work around for it, was to turn the volume control (knob or wheel buttons) all the way down to zero, then back up to the level I wanted.

Yesterday I found a quicker and it seems more permanent fix. I pressed the mute button, then pressed it again. Now it doesn't seem to have the issue at all, when the ignition is turned off and back on the volume control works normally.:confused:

14 months down the line and I'm still learning :D

Burton Brewer
22nd November 2011, 20:54
Nice one Harry! My unit must be the same age has yours. Ive always ended up resetting the head unit by pressing the reset button to get over this problem. Then I have to return my Radio stations............:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Very helpfull info Harry and it works!

Just need the time and the know how to get Marks TMC up and running now.

Cheers Steve.

allanbay
22nd November 2011, 21:09
If you go into setup you can preset the volume for when the radio turns on
Just found that myself
All I need now is to preset the ta

kees
29th November 2011, 17:38
My unit is as old as yours Harry and doesn't have that problem. Default settings start up at a very low level , just like I prefer it to.

Now with terrific Sean DD radio reception and TMC reception at last (07/03/2011)

What did you do to get it working all right, besides putting on a new arielplug?
Don't bother about TMC, I don'n need it.
I drive A MGZT 190 2004 markII.

cheers, Kees

StuBlake13
29th November 2011, 18:17
When you say push mute and mute again is there a period of time to hold the mute button or just a case of mute and unmute?

HarryM1BYT
29th November 2011, 19:20
My unit is as old as yours Harry and doesn't have that problem. Default settings start up at a very low level , just like I prefer it to.

Now with terrific Sean DD radio reception and TMC reception at last (07/03/2011)

What did you do to get it working all right, besides putting on a new arielplug?
Don't bother about TMC, I don'n need it.
I drive A MGZT 190 2004 markII.

cheers, Kees

With no TMC and assuming you sort the adaptor out, it should work.

I know you can preset the default volume level, mine is set at about 1/3. What would happen is I would start the car and turn it down a touch and it would go completely off, unless I turned it to zero volume and back up - which is what I have done for over a year.

The fix was to press mute off, then straight back on. After which no more issues with the volume control at startup, it just worked as you would expect. The issue came back on Sunday, so I just used the mute trick.

kees
30th November 2011, 13:38
Many thanks Harry!!!!

Now with terrific Sean DD radio reception at last (30-11-2011)

I should have done that earlyer, couldn't believe it was that simple.

Kees