PDA

View Full Version : New to 75ZTOC

brickwalls
23rd November 2006, 04:17
Hi Guys & Scoota,
Finally found my way here, & thanks to Patrolman for his words of wisdom already.

Like Miketata, I'm from SouthEast Queensland [just overrun by Brits & Barmy Army today, with the start of the 2006/7 First Ashes Test Series.
I dont mind a road trip, I clock up about 26000 Km/16000 Ml a year not for work just for the fun of it:drool4: . The 180 may be down on the size & raw grunt of the typical OZ 4L V6s, but when it comes to style, topend handling and speed it's a standout - Glued to the tarmac at 224kmh (by GPS) makes those 25/35km outback straights slip right on by.

I've droped 3 pics of the beloved ZT 180+ in the image gallery.
1/ Lava Hot Stance in cintilating Trophy yellow!
2/ By the Blue Lake at Mt Gambia in Southern Oz. That blue is for real - see the difference between the sky & water, it makes a nice contrast to the Trophy Yellow. [Around November thie water turns this brilliant blue over 3 days them gradually fades to grey/blue over the next 9 months.]
3/ Ok I didn't fly the Beast over to LA, there was a drive-in-picture place North of Adelaie South Australia, after it closed down a shopping mall was built and it kept the name and old screen frame. Photo looks neat though.

Cheers all. #419 aka Brickwalls

JP53
23rd November 2006, 05:24
Hi Guys & Scoota,
Finally found my way here, & thanks to Patrolman for his words of wisdom already.

Like Miketata, I'm from SouthEast Queensland [just overrun by Brits & Barmy Army today, with the start of the 2006/7 First Ashes Test Series.
I dont mind a road trip, I clock up about 26000 Km/16000 Ml a year not for work just for the fun of it:drool4: . The 180 may be down on the size & raw grunt of the typical OZ 4L V6s, but when it comes to style, topend handling and speed it's a standout - Glued to the tarmac at 224kmh (by GPS) makes those 25/35km outback straights slip right on by.

I've droped 3 pics of the beloved ZT 180+ in the image gallery.
1/ Lava Hot Stance in cintilating Trophy yellow!
2/ By the Blue Lake at Mt Gambia in Southern Oz. That blue is for real - see the difference between the sky & water, it makes a nice contrast to the Trophy Yellow. [Around November thie water turns this brilliant blue over 3 days them gradually fades to grey/blue over the next 9 months.]
3/ Ok I didn't fly the Beast over to LA, there was a drive-in-picture place North of Adelaie South Australia, after it closed down a shopping mall was built and it kept the name and old screen frame. Photo looks neat though.

Cheers all. #419 aka Brickwalls

Hi mate and welcome. Fantastic looking car you have there and a great choice of photo's :D John.

GreyGhost
23rd November 2006, 09:17
Hi mate and welcome. Fantastic looking car you have there and a great choice of photo's :D John.

I agree. :rolleyes: What pictures? :confused:

Mike
23rd November 2006, 09:25
I agree. :rolleyes: What pictures? :confused:

Welcome Brickwalls :) Great pics and great car! (they are in the image gallery GG ;) )

GreyGhost
23rd November 2006, 09:31
Somehow I completely blanked the line.

"I've droped 3 pics of the beloved ZT 180+ in the image gallery. "

Need more tea and toast before reading posts. :)

Thanks Mike.

Right now, 180+ great choice of car, excellent pics :)

BTW, Hello brickwalls :)

Kandyman
23rd November 2006, 10:41
Welcome Brickwalls,

and for a yellow car it looks great ;) , and super pictures, whats on the roof rack ?

miketata
24th November 2006, 02:58
Hope we catch up sometime mate. BTW my 75 just won Car of the Year in the Rover Owners Association. Lucky for me yours wasn't included. Cheers

brickwalls
24th November 2006, 03:47
Tanks for the welcome folks,
KM - Them be, Girlfriend 2 & 3 as my Missus calls them [ZT is No1] they are my surfboards. I tend to spend a fair bit of time taking them all out on weekends. [How do I tell No3 that she's for the chop as I'm picking up a new custom board this coming weekend?] PS: I looked at the OEM roof racks and thought I could do better in profile and aerodynamics. Rola [an Oz brand] have the best profile but didn't do one for Rover/MG at that stage so I customed a pair up with little trouble [I'll get some close-ups so y'all can see the difference & make your on mind up].

Miketata, I'm not hard to spot as I believe there are only 2 Trophy Yellow (180s) on the East Coast. Yes I get a bit naughty with the pedal to the metal at times, but I'm judicious where and when. ROA hmmm! I'll have to give that some thought. I dropped out of the MG Club sometime ago as I couldn't do my membership justice due to lack of time, and I've sold my '56 MGA now. I even sold my MG56 licence plates on to another member but keep across things as a workmate is still in it.

Cheers Brickwalls