PDA

View Full Version : Changing Phone Cable

Mikejr
20th November 2011, 23:18
I have one of Sean's WINCE DD units.

I am about to change my phone from an iPhone to a Android phone (Samsung Galaxy). Does anyone know if I can change the existing cable that charges the iPhone to one that will be able to charge the Galaxy? I don't really need to play songs through it, got plenty of them on the SD card, just charge it.

Will probably be putting the iPhone up for sale under Club Classifieds at the end of next week. It's a 32GB 3gs.

craig11
21st November 2011, 17:56
hiya, dunno if this helps.
I got a galaxy ace and I can use the usb lead that comes with it, connect it into the usb lead that comes with the DD unit and then charge directly off the DD mini usb port :).

HarryM1BYT
21st November 2011, 18:47
I have one of Sean's WINCE DD units.

I am about to change my phone from an iPhone to a Android phone (Samsung Galaxy). Does anyone know if I can change the existing cable that charges the iPhone to one that will be able to charge the Galaxy? I don't really need to play songs through it, got plenty of them on the SD card, just charge it.

Will probably be putting the iPhone up for sale under Club Classifieds at the end of next week. It's a 32GB 3gs.

I would expect it to be possible, but so far as I am aware there are no adaptors from Ipod to anything else.

However.... If you can get a USB charger for the Galaxy, you can then charge it from the USB socket on the DD and /or get a USB adaptor which plugs into the ciggy lighter socket.

StuBlake13
22nd November 2011, 12:02
I would expect it to be possible, but so far as I am aware there are no adaptors from Ipod to anything else.

However.... If you can get a USB charger for the Galaxy, you can then charge it from the USB socket on the DD and /or get a USB adaptor which plugs into the ciggy lighter socket.

Nearly all Android phones are charged via microUSB connectors to normal USB (Male) which then plugs into a mains adaptor to use the mains but will also be able to plug into the miniusb to USB(Female) extension supplied with the unit allowing direct file access to the phone (treating it like a USB stick) while also charging simultaneously.

Mikejr
22nd November 2011, 13:01
Many thanks for the replies guys. :} :}