PDA

View Full Version : MOT Test Manual 2012

Singvogel
21st November 2011, 09:15
After reading through the new manual which takes effect in January 2012 I now have no worries regards passing the test next year.

All the rumours about ecu re-maps, tuning boxes and missing cats, etc. seem to have been just that - rumours.

There appears to be nothing that gives real cause for concern.

Check it out yourself. Please post any concerns you may find.

http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/repository/MOT%20Inspection%20Manual.pdf

trikey
21st November 2011, 09:18
After reading through the new manual which takes effect in January 2012 I now have no worries regards passing the test next year.

All the rumours about ecu re-maps, tuning boxes and missing cats, etc. seem to have been just that - rumours.

There appears to be nothing that gives real cause for concern.

Check it out yourself. Please post any concerns you may find.

http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/repository/MOT%20Inspection%20Manual.pdf

Good news!!:D

chrissyboy
21st November 2011, 11:01
i did post months ago that the map reading would never come in ,the mot stations would have to spend about £30,000 to get all stuff needed so it was dropped ...also the mot fee would have to be about £100 ,it was mentioned by the insurers to bring in when vosa met with other bodies last year ,i think the insurers thought they was missing out on getting more of your money :D:D

Jake
21st November 2011, 11:10
i did post months ago that the map reading would never come in ,the mot stations would have to spend about £30,000 to get all stuff needed so it was dropped ...also the mot fee would have to be about £100 ,it was mentioned by the insurers to bring in when vosa met with other bodies last year ,i think the insurers thought they was missing out on getting more of your money :D:D

£30k to test map reading? Did that in my geography lessons when I was at school!:D

chrissyboy
21st November 2011, 11:17
£30k to test map reading? Did that in my geography lessons when I was at school!:D

you know what vosaare like ,you have to have certian things in the test station , the new emissions thingy that goes in the exhaust you can get on ebay for 80 but no not good enough fro vosa you got to spend 300 on one they like .:shrug:

courier118
21st November 2011, 14:46
Just spoke to my MOT guy and asked about the remap situation.Even he says nothing has been confirmed by VOSA and the only talk by them was emissions testing.He did say that tuning boxes were on the radar on diesels for producing black smoke and its physical to see and its being aimed at these high horsepower things like evo"s,scoobys,skylines etc that produce big horsepower with no or little regards for emissions.
Basically nothing much to worry about for a sensible remap