PDA

View Full Version : Ipod wont charge, does yours?

Canon
26th November 2011, 21:52
In the advertisement for the DD units it says it charges ipods. But ive seen a few comments on here from people whos ipods wont charge with the DD unit. So who has one that does charge and what type is it.

Mine is the
iPod (5th generation)—also known as iPod with video or Fifth Generation iPod.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/thum_165964ed15f3faed0f.jpg (http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=12322)

StuBlake13
26th November 2011, 22:22
Give me a min and I'll check mine...

woolleysox
26th November 2011, 22:37
I Have an xtron DD unit and both a classic with video and touch ipod and it with charge either one.

StuBlake13
26th November 2011, 22:49
My RadioGuy non android unit with TMC and RDS with the MkII rear and loom charges my Nano fine which is this one:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/210j7Um0d1L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Model A1199 4GB

allanbay
26th November 2011, 23:00
Mine does not charge and I read that it should
It's an iPhone 4

allanbay
26th November 2011, 23:02
Other problems with mine is that it's hissy
And when I play music though the micro sd card there's gaps in the music on average 3 per song
Do you have any problems with yours

200man
26th November 2011, 23:26
My non android DD wont charge my iphone 4 either.
Other then that all the things i tested work. But i still have to look into the steering controls.

Radioguy
26th November 2011, 23:39
I Know they are suppose to charge IPOD's but I don't have any Specifics as to which. This was a Mod that Eamonn did or discovered last year and we had the factory incorporate it. I wonder if the Touch is different ? I am not a big IPOD user myself, I dont know if they are different charging requirements ?

Radioguy
26th November 2011, 23:40
Other problems with mine is that it's hissy
And when I play music though the micro sd card there's gaps in the music on average 3 per song
Do you have any problems with yours

Hi Allan

Sorry, I am not sure what that means "gaps in the music" can you elaborate?

Sean

HarryM1BYT
26th November 2011, 23:50
Mine does not charge and I read that it should
It's an iPhone 4

It charges my Ipod Touch 4.

twaters63
27th November 2011, 00:30
I've read somewhere that alot of the issues are down to software changes with apple ie IOS 5 apparently as a security issue apple regularly change which pins do what it's somewhere on this forum with pics showing how to re solder too much hassle I say! Bluetooth the music over from your iPhone 4 works ok you just get to see what your playing
My iPod touch 4th Gen doesn't charge either tho I leave it plugged in and can always charge it other ways it's no massive hassle ie thru USB on front of unit

Canon
27th November 2011, 00:37
Okay so the nanos work, any larger size ones out there working?
The reason i need to know is mine doesnt charge but if i can establish a large one, say 30GB+ that does charge, ill buy one as i prefer to just load it up and keep it tucked away

rotrex
27th November 2011, 00:55
mine doesnt even play ipod. faulty lead apparently. :shrug:

Tinyflier
27th November 2011, 09:52
Neither my original (classic?) nor my Nano (gen 3?) charge. I too wanted to source an iPod and leave it there permanently (in my TF I have a unit where the iPod sits inside the head unit and I leave one there).

I resorted to downloading music to an SD Card and using that, but this doesn't give full control over info display/selection of albums/tracks.

Have commented on this before but it all seems hit and miss and very disappointing.

David

allanbay
27th November 2011, 10:09
It's playing a song fine then it miss's about 2 seconds from the tune then plays again
It's not the end of the world as it plays Bluetooth fine

StuBlake13
27th November 2011, 12:18
Shame as I know I won't be using my iPod at all lol its only a last resort. I can't stand iTunes bloatware clogging and slowing down my PC, so much easier to drag and drop to my Desire HD to play over BT or via the USB socket.

Radioguy
27th November 2011, 20:57
mine doesnt even play ipod. faulty lead apparently. :shrug:

I have Leads

I have 2 In Inventory in the UK

Sean

Radioguy
27th November 2011, 20:58
It's playing a song fine then it miss's about 2 seconds from the tune then plays again
It's not the end of the world as it plays Bluetooth fine

Hi Allan, this is perplexing, Any chance of a Video of it doing that ?

Canon
27th November 2011, 20:59
Whats the largest size SD card they can use?

Radioguy
27th November 2011, 21:01
Whats the largest size SD card they can use?

A Guy in Aus, told me he had tried successfully a 32GB

Thats on the MEDIA side.

Canon
27th November 2011, 21:17
A Guy in Aus, told me he had tried successfully a 32GB

Thats on the MEDIA side.

When you say media side do you mean the left hand side Micro SD slot?

efreeti
27th November 2011, 21:19
my iphone 3gs will charge if you don't use it to play music (ie, plugged in but not in ipod menu). as soon as you try and use it though it stops charging.

Radioguy
27th November 2011, 23:12
When you say media side do you mean the left hand side Micro SD slot?

Hi Tony

Yes

Not the GPS Side

rotrex
28th November 2011, 01:03
I have Leads

I have 2 In Inventory in the UK

Sean

hi Sean. can you have a look on link please, se post 46. you obviously missed it at time and I didnt want to hastle you, however would like it to work, tam
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=88435&page=4