PDA

View Full Version : Maf sensor

wicksy_64
23rd September 2007, 17:29
Hello all,
Registered a couple of days ago but thought I would wait until I had got my hands on my new pride and joy. Car in question is a 2002 2.0 cdt tourer.
I had done my homework and read up on the simple airbox mod which I had carried out, anyway a couple of miles down the road after switching off the engine it has failed to start, and even though cold is refusing to budge. I can hear the fuel pumps working so I am assuming it's the sensor that is at fault,
car in question is on 70,000 miles and I'm led to believe the sensor goes a bit naff at 40,000 miles. Am I barking up the wrong tree on this. A bit of advice would be appreciated. Ta.

JohnDotCom
23rd September 2007, 20:59
Welcome Wicksy 64 to the club.
If you have just brought your car from a Retailer, get them out to sort it for you as they have to be warranted to run for longer than that.
Or do you buy it Privately?

wicksy_64
23rd September 2007, 22:18
Hi john, yeah, no problem there. The retailer ( dealer) was very appologetic and it will be picked up tomorrow. However I always like to do some problem solving myself, or maybe I just want an excuse to buy goodies from roverron!!

JohnDotCom
23rd September 2007, 22:21
No Problem, just didn't want you to give them an excuse not to repair due to any fixing you did.
Great news though hope she is sorted quickly for you.
Let us know what they find. Thanks.y

Keith
23rd September 2007, 22:22
The Maf sensor normally even if totally duff will not cause a starting problem but to be sure just unplug it, car will run fine without it

If a complete non starter fuel rail connection/sensor or cam sensor is a good starting point Testbook should hi light either of those