PDA

View Full Version : Primo help! Please

DJK
26th November 2011, 22:49
Here's a bit of a conundrum that I hope the combined grey matter of this elite group of people may be able to help with...

I have a new DD unit from Sean and both iGO8 and Primo software. I much preferred the look and feel of the Primo system, being in y opinion much closer to the TomTom's I've been using for many years up until now.

SO here's what's happened; my first DD arrived in August but had a fault, the replacement was one of those caught up in the Collect+ delivery fiasco.

i installed te replacement unit yesterday and everything was OK, I initially had iGO8 software installed with no problems, then installed Primo 1.2 on a separate card, again no problems.

today her who must be obeyed takes the car to the supermarket and comes back complaining the gps wont work. The situation is its trying to start up Primo but hand towards the end of the load whilst still on the front splash screen?

I've reinstalled iGO8, runs no problem, re formatted the Primo SD card and reloaded the software, still the same.

I'm hoping that someone has some ideas, other that another faulty head unit?

:wss:

Thanks
David

Radioguy
26th November 2011, 22:56
Here's a bit of a conundrum that I hope the combined grey matter of this elite group of people may be able to help with...

I have a new DD unit from Sean and both iGO8 and Primo software. I much preferred the look and feel of the Primo system, being in y opinion much closer to the TomTom's I've been using for many years up until now.

SO here's what's happened; my first DD arrived in August but had a fault, the replacement was one of those caught up in the Collect+ delivery fiasco.

i installed te replacement unit yesterday and everything was OK, I initially had iGO8 software installed with no problems, then installed Primo 1.2 on a separate card, again no problems.

today her who must be obeyed takes the car to the supermarket and comes back complaining the gps wont work. The situation is its trying to start up Primo but hand towards the end of the load whilst still on the front splash screen?

I've reinstalled iGO8, runs no problem, re formatted the Primo SD card and reloaded the software, still the same.

I'm hoping that someone has some ideas, other that another faulty head unit?

:wss:

Thanks
David

David , Is the sD Card at least a CLASS 4 SD Card?

Sean

StuBlake13
26th November 2011, 23:02
I have the same problem using the card that came with the unit...? I find taking it out and putting it back helps but its a slight pain.

Canon
26th November 2011, 23:12
Mine does exactly the same iGO8 runs ok but the Primo just hangs on the splash screen :shrug:

DJK
26th November 2011, 23:24
Sean, I'm not sure? I'll order another one from Amazon and give it another try. Its a fairly recent 4Gb ScanDisk SDHC Micro card so i would have though so but give that I'll can always use it to put music on it's no great shakes.

thanks for all your help over the last few months, much appreciated.

David

DJK
26th November 2011, 23:41
Sean, just checked and yes it is Class 4? I've found a Class 10 4Gb on Amazon that should fly if the unit can support it and will put in an order

Canon
30th November 2011, 21:38
Dave how did you get on, as it solved the hanging splash screen?

DJK
30th November 2011, 23:56
Still waiting for the memory card to arrive, should be here tomorrow I hope. As soon as it arrives I'll try it and let you know.

DJK
5th December 2011, 14:53
The Class 10 card arrived over the weekend and I downloaded a clean version of Primo and loaded it on. Put the card into the unit this morning and Bingo, all works OK.

Now need to see if it remains stable and continues to restart every-time over the next few days.

Just a few more bugs to sort and the unit will be perfect, would be interested to know if anyone has had problems with the quality of their Bluetooth connection. My wife was using the car over the weekend and had her Blackberry Curve paired, the reception quality this end was quite bad, not sure if its the unit, her phone or what. Now need to try with my Samsung to see if there's any difference.

Oh and the steering wheel controls to set up, never ends dos it.....

David

StuBlake13
5th December 2011, 17:01
The Class 10 card arrived over the weekend and I downloaded a clean version of Primo and loaded it on. Put the card into the unit this morning and Bingo, all works OK.

Now need to see if it remains stable and continues to restart every-time over the next few days.

Just a few more bugs to sort and the unit will be perfect, would be interested to know if anyone has had problems with the quality of their Bluetooth connection. My wife was using the car over the weekend and had her Blackberry Curve paired, the reception quality this end was quite bad, not sure if its the unit, her phone or what. Now need to try with my Samsung to see if there's any difference.

Oh and the steering wheel controls to set up, never ends dos it.....

David

Steering controls are easy enough even if you have the IR module. Bluetooth on mine via HTC Desire HD is immaculate. However don't forget to test a few MP3's and make sure you have the best quality encoding. Higher the bitrate the better. I've had no issues with Primo since putting on a clean install and ensuring I shut it down properly before turning off the ignition.

Mikejr
5th December 2011, 17:17
...... would be interested to know if anyone has had problems with the quality of their Bluetooth connection. My wife was using the car over the weekend and had her Blackberry Curve paired, the reception quality this end was quite bad.......

David

Hi David, no problems at all with my iPhone using bluetooth, excellent reception at both ends, even traveling at speed i.e. 50/60mph. :icon_smile: I've just bought a Samsung but haven't paired it up yet. It will be interesting to see if I get the same quality of signal.

DJK
5th December 2011, 18:46
Mike many thanks, can only wait and see.

Now back to the original thread....... Have just gone to use the car again and would you believe it Primo is now not loading again..... I haven't tried the iGO software again as its getting cold out there, but something is not right here.

Through work I know my hardware and software and can only think that there's either something in the units firmware thats causing this or it's corrupting the card.

Now when it worked I shut the application down properly so don't think its that, so am now at a loss.

Anyone got any thoughts, apart from the crusher.............

David

StuBlake13
5th December 2011, 19:24
Mike many thanks, can only wait and see.

Now back to the original thread....... Have just gone to use the car again and would you believe it Primo is now not loading again..... I haven't tried the iGO software again as its getting cold out there, but something is not right here.

Through work I know my hardware and software and can only think that there's either something in the units firmware thats causing this or it's corrupting the card.

Now when it worked I shut the application down properly so don't think its that, so am now at a loss.

Anyone got any thoughts, apart from the crusher.............

David

Remove the card, start the car (and unit) make sure your in the sat nav side of the dual mode and you'll see the navigation option along with system and entertainment. Put the card back in. Hit the nav, it should load up, however if it says No nav found hit system, then nav system (I think and relocate the primo1.2.exe, come out and bash nav again and voila it loads. Only downside as I've just recreated these steps is you lose the Tony Fry main menu screen with map in the middle. (Unless this is only something that comes with the daytime skin but I'll have to wait until the morning to try that now.)

Mr Edd
5th December 2011, 20:09
Sounds like the same issue I had in this thread... Click Me (http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=98853) Happened with the old Primo and the new one I downloaded from the link in the above thread. I had to revert back to iGO8 I received when I bought the unit off Sean in the first place, I think some have mentioned that changing the skin can help but I don't know how or which one.

Edd

DJK
5th December 2011, 23:46
Its nice to know that I'm not alone..........

Interestingly I found that it looks like Primo has written an .NNG file to the root directory on the card, this it appears from what I have been able to ascertain so far is a licence file used by the software.

It also screws up reading the card on my desktop PC, although if I format it in my laptop its OK on the desk machine.

Am going back to iGO8 while I continue to look for a solution but it certainly looks, feels and smells like a software glitch to me.

Does anyone else have any answers?

David