PDA

View Full Version : Egr

SteveWaller
24th September 2007, 10:23
Disabled the EGR valve the other day by clamping the vacuum pipe. Has completely removed the flat spot I had between 1500 and 2000 rpm and made the low end pick up much better. Definitely recommended. Will try and fit an EGR bypass at a future date to improve things further.

mkn_uk
24th September 2007, 13:07
don't suppose you experienced a dead spot or juddering on pull-off especially in heavy traffic @1000-1200 revs?
what did you clamp it with and where?

Roverron
24th September 2007, 13:39
don't suppose you experienced a dead spot or juddering on pull-off especially in heavy traffic @1000-1200 revs?
what did you clamp it with and where?

Is your maf okay?

Ron

SteveWaller
24th September 2007, 13:55
I used a small hose clamp thing that has been kicking around the house for ages and clamped the hose near the EGR valve. Will try and post a piccy. I have a synergy fitted, currently set on 2, but do think the original Bosch MAF is a little tired. Mine is an auto, so never pulls away with the revs that low, but was always very flat below 2000 rpm. I have also opened up the air intake a little (mark 1 mod) and fitted a BMC air filter.

JohnDotCom
24th September 2007, 17:07
Possibly need.
1: A new Maf, Much cheaper from Rover Ron.
2: A synergy unit to match new Maf and give you the Power you need in an Automatic.
3: Air Intake Mod Version 2.
4: EGR Bypass Valve.

mkn_uk
4th October 2007, 07:10
Hi Guys,

Sorry for delay in responding.
Ron, yep, new MAF and MAFP75 from yourself excellent improvement thanks.
Also sent you a seperate mail, you suggested cleaning EGR and PCV.
Cleaned EGR, but didn't have bit to remove pcv or deep bolts on intake.
purchased them now. also getting one of Dave's EGR replacements and a new PCV to fit.
Notice "Air Intake Mod Version 2"
reading Ron's note now...
My problem is a stutter on take off especially in heavy traffic. short/quick stop/start. a real pain.

once parts replaced will let you know how it goes,
but any other suggestions always appreciated...
regards Mike

mkn_uk
8th October 2007, 09:18
still awaiting egr and pcv.
but wow! the air mod made a teriffic difference.
left it attached to the orginal fixings on the left and right sideand scooped back as otherwise directed, stutter almost elimmated now.
can't wait for the effect of the egr and pcv too...

regards Mike

rollsey1
8th October 2007, 09:36
still awaiting egr and pcv.
but wow! the air mod made a teriffic difference.
left it attached to the orginal fixings on the left and right sideand scooped back as otherwise directed, stutter almost elimmated now.
can't wait for the effect of the egr and pcv too...

regards Mike

That's interesting Mike - I did mine and noticed no difference at all, nor with the egr bypass.Still got the pcv to do. However, I think the bypass has eliminated a good deal of smoke.

Andy

mkn_uk
8th October 2007, 13:31
hi, I have cleaned the egr, but didn't really make a lot of difference until I spliced the pipe and placed a bolt in each open end. takes all sorts i guess. Mike