PDA

View Full Version : Engine swap question

markymark
29th November 2011, 21:29
Hi guys i drive a w reg 2.0 v6 75 manual with lpg which i have had for two years, i could do with more power (vis motors ok)anyone done a engine swap for a mgzt 190 would do the job myself, just wondering with regards to the lpg could i use the same wiring loom etc or is it a no no would like more power but still have good mpg,would like to keep the car it was my dads and he passed away and my mum said i could have the car so don't really want to buy another car. any help please

Scribbler.
29th November 2011, 22:13
:} Hello and welcome Mark, sadly I can't help on this but I'm sure someone will be along soon. Mike. :shrug:

SD1too
29th November 2011, 22:26
... I could do with more power (vis motors ok) ...
Hi Mark,

On paper the 2.0 V6 has plenty of power, but I don't know what effect using LPG fuel has on that. Are you certain that your VIS actuators are working? Have you used the club's testing box? I didn't realise one of mine was faulty until I did.

Simon.

tsautos
30th November 2011, 07:56
A 190 will fit in no problem but you'll need to have the transponder,immobiliser,and ecu from the 190 for it to work, and your lpg ecu will have to be calibrated for the extra fuel delivery too.
you won't get full potential unless you change the exhaust, air intake and throttle body from the 190 to yours but you should see 175bhp on existing pipes.