PDA

View Full Version : Office 2003 Update Service pack 3

JohnDotCom
25th September 2007, 11:37
I have just downloaded the Service Pack number 3 for Microsoft Office.
It seems to have grown each time a new update comes out this time its 256MB.
It nows means with the Updates and service packs you are hitting 1GB before even using it.
Bloat Wear would be being Polite! ;)

BMC123
25th September 2007, 14:04
I use 2007 now, as 2003 was getting a bit out of hand..... mind you I only installed what I wanted from 2007, namely Word & Publisher as thats all I need. In fact, speaking to a few mates all most of them ever use office for is Word :shrug: I remember a time when you could buy word and publisher by themselves, do they do that any more?

Mike
25th September 2007, 14:24
John,

Would you have a link for SP3? I too need to get it onboard.

tvm

Mike

Jürgen
25th September 2007, 16:22
Mike, try
http://www.update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate to download all important patches for Windows, Office etc.
You need to have administrative rights and you must use the IE.

JohnDotCom
25th September 2007, 16:33
John,

Would you have a link for SP3? I too need to get it onboard.

tvm

Mike

This is the Direct Link Mike,
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e25b7049-3e13-433b-b9d2-5e3c1132f206&displaylang=en
or I can send it to you on CD Disk, just PM me your details. :)
or use your Microsoft update connection.
The link is the smaller download (about half size) but there is then a few extras to do if needed for other sections.

Mike
25th September 2007, 20:35
This is the Direct Link Mike,
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e25b7049-3e13-433b-b9d2-5e3c1132f206&displaylang=en
or I can send it to you on CD Disk, just PM me your details. :)
or use your Microsoft update connection.
The link is the smaller download (about half size) but there is then a few extras to do if needed for other sections.

tvm John :) PM sent...................

JohnDotCom
25th September 2007, 20:50
Received Mike and now in Hand.:D

JohnDotCom
25th September 2007, 20:52
I remember a time when you could buy word and publisher by themselves, do they do that any more?

Yes still available but I believe only now OEM in Bulk packs.
They were listed on my last Microsoft Partner listing.

David3807
26th September 2007, 23:15
I have just downloaded the Service Pack number 3 for Microsoft Office.
It seems to have grown each time a new update comes out this time its 256MB.
It nows means with the Updates and service packs you are hitting 1GB before even using it.
Bloat Wear would be being Polite! ;)

Ban large capacity hard discs I say !!! They make for sloppy programming.

When I first started using accounting programs some 22 years ago the whole program came on two floppies. Now the same sort of program comes on three CDs and does nothing more than the original programs 22 years ago. They just look pretty and run slower

JohnDotCom
26th September 2007, 23:23
The Trouble is with a lot of Programs is the Fact that about 75% of people don't use a lot of facilities available, as they don't require them.
Even Microsoft Word has a Marvellous amount of tools etc to use, but not needed by most and unknown to a lot to.
The Latest version of AutoCAD 2007 to me does nothing more than the ones from 2005/6 except work o Vista.
The way some programs are written now is also Crazy with loads of extra lines of code not required, and making sure programs are backward compatible or in several languages is a waste IMHO.
More Programs should have a Lite version for normal users.

We are now putting Terrabytes of Hard Disk storage in (TB).

Pete
27th September 2007, 09:55
The most annoying thing abut a lot of software is the poor standards they accept in writing them in the first place, and in too many cases this is the root cause of security problems in applications - sloppy coding. In fairness Microsoft have tightened up their game massively in the last three years (they didn't have much choice mind ;) ) but others such as Oracle, Apple and SAP have an attitude to the problem hovering somewhere between denial and contempt. And of course the EULA you sign before installing ties you up like a kipper anyway so you can't moan a fat lot.