PDA

View Full Version : Rear Suspension Bushes

efreeti
25th September 2007, 14:50
Hi All,

In a desperate attempt to try and solve the 9m TOE offset and my rear tyres lasting little more than 5'000 miles I need to drop the rear suspension arms out and replace the bushes.

Has anybody tried this DIY before? My dad used to be a mechanic so I do have some expert help, just wondered if anybody had any tips or tricks. Haynes suggests that getting the new bushes back on is a bit of a pig (not exactly their words) and needs to be done by a garage with the right press. Has anybody managed it without?

EnEnGee
25th September 2007, 15:27
Hi All,

In a desperate attempt to try and solve the 9m TOE offset and my rear tyres lasting little more than 5'000 miles I need to drop the rear suspension arms out and replace the bushes.

9m!!!! :SHOCKED:

stevemull
25th September 2007, 15:35
perhaps it was nearer 9mm ??

sorry i can t be any more help !

steve

efreeti
25th September 2007, 16:48
9mm of course. Even if I took the wheel off and put it in next door garden I wouldn't be 9m off!

9mm however is still a long way out. It was 14 before the wheel alignment man worked his mojo with a crow bar and ratchet.

Does anybody else get a sticky keyboard when using these sort of web-forums? Normal emails, office, graphics packages are all fine bu for some reason HTML editors and search engine bars seem to miss letters out unless i really bang on the keyboard.

Example of me typing normally: the quik brow fox jumped overte lazy dog.

Example of me banging the hell out of the keyboad: the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.

Weird how it only hppens on websites. Surely John DotCom knows the answer? Although I ould prefer advice on my suspesion problems!