PDA

View Full Version : Kenwood BT6544 Bluetooth/aux-in/IPOD - straight swap for Kenwood units in ZT

Demon
5th December 2011, 20:42
NOW SOLD TO PETE

Not sure if this is OK for spares category so mods please move if you need to :)

Bought this unit to replace the factory-fit KRC-394 in my CDTi but am selling on now as the 190 has hi-line/HK. Chose this is it's compatible with the Kenwood CDchanger unit (the C-469 model) and therefore a straight swap - would assume it'll be the same with other Kenwood units but best to check first. Very pleased with it as a replacement. Has aux-in and USB ports so you can use with any MP3 player - I'll include a solid jack lead that I've been using with it if you'd like. Also has iPod compatibility and allows you to change tracks with the steering wheel controls as well as displaying artist/track names - tried this function successfully. Bluetooth worked very well with my Samsung Galaxy S2 - interrupts music/radio for calls and can display text messages apparently! Lots of functions that I never got around to exploring! Spec/pics on the Kenwood website:

http://www.kenwood.eu/products/car/receivers/cd/KDC-BT6544UY/details/

£55 delivered. Will be advertised on Ebay for £40 plus delivery on the weekend if nobody here is interested at the above price :) Should add that the unit is in tip-top condition with very little signs of wear and tear.

guru
5th December 2011, 22:10
I might be tempted by this as I'd like a head unit I can use with the steering wheel remote, one question though does it support a2dp, eg can it stream music from the phone via bluetooth?

Petetourer
5th December 2011, 22:22
Not sure if this is OK for spares category so mods please move if you need to :)

Bought this unit to replace the factory-fit KRC-394 in my CDTi but am selling on now as the 190 has hi-line/HK. Chose this is it's compatible with the Kenwood CDchanger unit (the C-469 model) and therefore a straight swap - would assume it'll be the same with other Kenwood units but best to check first. Very pleased with it as a replacement. Has aux-in and USB ports so you can use with any MP3 player - I'll include a solid jack lead that I've been using with it if you'd like. Also has iPod compatibility and allows you to change tracks with the steering wheel controls as well as displaying artist/track names - tried this function successfully. Bluetooth worked very well with my Samsung Galaxy S2 - interrupts music/radio for calls and can display text messages apparently! Lots of functions that I never got around to exploring! Spec/pics on the Kenwood website:

http://www.kenwood.eu/products/car/receivers/cd/KDC-BT6544UY/details/

£55 delivered. Will be advertised on Ebay for £40 plus delivery on the weekend if nobody here is interested at the above price :) Should add that the unit is in tip-top condition with very little signs of wear and tear.

Sounds pretty good mate.... How old is the Unit and does it come with all the instructions?

If Guru does not take it then give me a shout via PM... I could well be interested as its just plug and play!!

Pete

Demon
5th December 2011, 22:22
'Fraid not, as far as I can see the Bluetooth is just for connecting to a mobile telephone :)

Demon
5th December 2011, 22:25
Sounds pretty good mate.... How old is the Unit and does it come with all the instructions?

If Guru does not take it then give me a shout via PM... I could well be interested as its just plug and play!!

Pete

Not sure how old it was as I bought used from eBay - seller claimed they'd hardly used it and to be fair it does look as good as new. I had to swap some wires around that the previous owner had changed - commonly needs doing with unit like this, but it's set-up to work with our cars now. The instruction manual is present and in front of me :)

guru
5th December 2011, 22:35
'Fraid not, as far as I can see the Bluetooth is just for connecting to a mobile telephone :)

OK, I'll pass then, I use bluetooth streaming all the time now and can't be without it. My current head unit does that trick but can't interface with the steering wheel remote. The CD changer in my tourer is just taking space now and will shortly be joining my CD's down in the shed!

Petetourer
5th December 2011, 23:07
Not sure how old it was as I bought used from eBay - seller claimed they'd hardly used it and to be fair it does look as good as new. I had to swap some wires around that the previous owner had changed - commonly needs doing with unit like this, but it's set-up to work with our cars now. The instruction manual is present and in front of me :)

PM Sent mate..... :xmas-smiley-035:

Petetourer
6th December 2011, 19:24
PM Sent along with payment.....

Petetourer
7th December 2011, 22:58
PM Sent along with payment.....

SOLD........... 2 Me!!! :xmas-smiley-003:

Cheers Matt.....