PDA

View Full Version : Am gutted, feel like asking for a refund

baconbuttyman
7th December 2011, 07:53
Ok after waiting for MONTHS for this android unit, have 4 issues, firstly looks like no TMC, also the light ring around the volume switch has sunken into the unit, the Mode switch is dodgy, now i find the blasted thing wont play cd's or dvd'd, just clicks when one is loaded.
i really wish i stuck to the old unit :icon_sad:
Sean i am not being funny when i say i am not a happy chappy, it's not as if these units were 100 quid or so, we are talking the best part of a grand. what happens now, goes away for repair???? for months till parts can be sought:embarassed:
No i dont think so, unless i can sort this with a little fiddling i will require a refund, not putting up with this bud.
If i can get is working satisfactarily then i do think refunds are in order for the abscence of the TMC, that was what was the hold up with the units in the firstplace:icon_frown:

am gutted about my unit, really fed up with it.

also the security seals were tampered with already, are thes units used or reconned already i am asking my self.

the cd wont even load, click click click click ****** click

rotrex
7th December 2011, 09:04
Mick.
sorry to hear this mate you must be gutted:icon_sad: as for fixing it, if like my experience you might well be ignored mate :icon_sad:

Radioguy
7th December 2011, 09:17
Ok after waiting for MONTHS for this android unit, have 4 issues, firstly looks like no TMC, also the light ring around the volume switch has sunken into the unit, the Mode switch is dodgy, now i find the blasted thing wont play cd's or dvd'd, just clicks when one is loaded.
i really wish i stuck to the old unit :icon_sad:
Sean i am not being funny when i say i am not a happy chappy, it's not as if these units were 100 quid or so, we are talking the best part of a grand. what happens now, goes away for repair???? for months till parts can be sought:embarassed:
No i dont think so, unless i can sort this with a little fiddling i will require a refund, not putting up with this bud.
If i can get is working satisfactarily then i do think refunds are in order for the abscence of the TMC, that was what was the hold up with the units in the firstplace:icon_frown:

am gutted about my unit, really fed up with it.

also the security seals were tampered with already, are thes units used or reconned already i am asking my self.

the cd wont even load, click click click click ****** click

Mick
I am still waiting an answer about the TMC , I usually catch them in MSN chats in the mornings. Can you send me photos of the Switches ? Email [email protected] ..........
You are not the first person to say that security seals are broken, its another thing that I have to look into

Other than the one to Eamonn this is the first landing so i am a bit of a virgin as to how they will react and what we need to do.

As for the tmc , I was laying in bed last night thinking about it I have a feeling that the new firmware would not allow for it.

I have to leave for a few hours but ill be around a little later and this afternoon my time to get answers

baconbuttyman
7th December 2011, 09:29
Mick
I am still waiting an answer about the TMC , I usually catch them in MSN chats in the mornings. Can you send me photos of the Switches ? Email [email protected] ..........
You are not the first person to say that security seals are broken, its another thing that I have to look into

Other than the one to Eamonn this is the first landing so i am a bit of a virgin as to how they will react and what we need to do.

As for the tmc , I was laying in bed last night thinking about it I have a feeling that the new firmware would not allow for it.

I have to leave for a few hours but ill be around a little later and this afternoon my time to get answers

what abot the cd drive problem :icon_frown::icon_frown:

handyjackdaniels
7th December 2011, 09:46
got mine late last night, about to get it installed this morning, no tmc connector to the rear, hope i dont have anymore problems:icon_sad:

Canon
7th December 2011, 09:55
what abot the cd drive problem :icon_frown::icon_frown:

Mick, i maybe stating the obvious, but there are normally 2 screws on top of units that have to be removed before playing CD / DVD have you removed them

CDTi
7th December 2011, 10:01
Sorry to hear that your unit is faulty, Mick.

The one I got from Sean was in pristine condition with everything working. The seals intact IIRC.

MARKUK
7th December 2011, 10:26
got mine late last night, about to get it installed this morning, no tmc connector to the rear, hope i dont have anymore problems:icon_sad:

Has anyone tested to see if the TMC is there ?...

Maybe there is no second input as with the last TMC DD...

Just a thought !..

Wish I had one left at home to look at when I got home from Scotland !

baconbuttyman
7th December 2011, 10:41
Mick, i maybe stating the obvious, but there are normally 2 screws on top of units that have to be removed before playing CD / DVD have you removed them

Screws removed mate

CDTi
7th December 2011, 10:51
Has anyone tested to see if the TMC is there ?...I will have to remove the HU from my dash to be 100% sure but IIRC there is no additional input for TMC. Obviously that is not to say that the TMC hardware is not there.

On the WinCE units, some sat nav programs (iGo definitely) showed that there was a TMC receiver on board. I haven't seen this info on any of the Android programs that I've installed though.

Radioguy
7th December 2011, 11:36
Screws removed mate

Mick PLEASE send me pics . I am sorry, But it sounds like it took a hit or soemthing along the line ?

baconbuttyman
7th December 2011, 12:08
Mick PLEASE send me pics . I am sorry, But it sounds like it took a hit or soemthing along the line ?

Ok my out at the moment but a photo won't show the CD malfunction. . i will warn you mate. I won't be accepting a repair.. Waited long enough for this. Refund only he I return it. Also. There are voices on the memory card

Radioguy
7th December 2011, 12:12
Ok my out at the moment but a photo won't show the CD malfunction. . i will warn you mate. I won't be accepting a repair.. Waited long enough for this. Refund only he I return it. Also. There are voices on the memory card

I Understand , I am at the ready . I need to see what these Button problems are. Was there any damage to the carton ?
I need to confer with the factory directly on this .
I need info. Photos
At worst case, we will send it to Eamonn and Ill send you a new regular head unit.

andyg2011
7th December 2011, 12:58
mick

so sorry to hear about the unit matey

am sure sean will sort it out for you in no time as you say its a hell of a lotta money but remember sean is good and will sort it

keeep your chin up :xmas-smiley-003:

A

baconbuttyman
7th December 2011, 14:11
Box was mint, no damage or crushed corners etc

pics on the way Sean, :xmas-smiley-035:
up date, tho, the cd works occassionally, its like the loading cogs are slipping, will take a film clip of it too. then you will get more of an idea of the noise, when wifey brings my blooming car back that is, difinately no TMC on the units, or satnav software on the mem card (just some chinese sounding voices and sounded like they were in a factory), have igo etc on my hdd tho

Radioguy
7th December 2011, 14:16
Box was mint, no damage or crushed corners etc

pics on the way Sean, :xmas-smiley-035:
up date, tho, the cd works occassionally, its like the loading cogs are slipping, will take a film clip of it too. then you will get more of an idea of the noise, when wifey brings my blooming car back that is, difinately no TMC on the units, or satnav software on the mem card, have igo etc on my hdd tho

HI Mick
just headed out the door
Waiting your pics and vids, I talked to the "seller" but as usual not much info. I DID order and PAY for units with TMC. I am a bit of a loss. I was so very clewar about it. I think i am a small spoke in a big wheel so far, not like the other factory .

She asked for the pics, even marians Which is basically a photos of a Blank unit. Hopefully his will fire up. I have never seen a DOA in any models before.

We dont have the Maps for these, We have only the WinCE Maps
Mark couldnt possibly have loaded them .

Please do not Use YOUTUBE to upload Vids As it is blocked in China

baconbuttyman
7th December 2011, 14:47
ok pics it is, i can record it and email direct to you.

baconbuttyman
7th December 2011, 16:28
CLICKING CD/DVD DRIVE

[/URL][URL=http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj55/baconbuttyman/ANDROID/?action=view&current=DSCF6283.mp4]http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj55/baconbuttyman/ANDROID/th_DSCF6283.jpg (http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj55/baconbuttyman/ANDROID/?action=view&current=DSCF6283.mp4)

SUNKEN LIGHT SUROUND

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj55/baconbuttyman/ANDROID/IMG00810-20111206-1719.jpg

baconbuttyman
7th December 2011, 18:02
sean, do you have a new RDS TMC dd to replace the android with, ready to go.
If i did accept a repair what time scale would we be looking at, days, weeks months????? :snowfight1:

am siding with the original DD atm :icon_sad:

Radioguy
7th December 2011, 18:06
sean, do you have a new RDS TMC dd to replace the android with, ready to go.
If i did accept a repair what time scale would we be looking at, days, weeks months????? :snowfight1:

am siding with the original DD atm :icon_sad:

Mick

I Dont have it in Stock in UK But I have in HK Shipping this weekend

I cant answer on the repair yet. I have sent the link to the factory its 3 AM there and I think that Eamonn is watching. Maybe he can Chime in

baconbuttyman
7th December 2011, 18:15
Mick

I cant answer on the repair yet. I have sent the link to the factory its 3 AM there and I think that Eamonn is watching. Maybe he can Chime in

PM sent Sean

probester
7th December 2011, 22:16
hi i also have one of sean's units , i get the click click thing every now and then and it doesn't find the dvd or the cd i warm up the disc in my hand for a minute or so and it always works after that and no click click noise either. it is usually first thing in the morning when the car is cold , so the unit is also cold sounds stupid but it definitely works

Ragman
7th December 2011, 22:21
Sorry but IMHO for the money paid that's simply not on

baconbuttyman
7th December 2011, 22:23
Sorry but IMHO for the money paid that's simply not on

give the guy his due, Sean is on the ball here :xmas-smiley-003:

andyg2011
7th December 2011, 22:30
mick

am sure sean will do his very best at least give him a chance to see what he can do its all new to him too and like everything your always going to have a few probs with new toys,

i understand for the money you have paid the unit should be able to make you a 3 course meal :elvis:

hope you sort matey

keep us updated please

A

Ragman
7th December 2011, 22:36
give the guy his due, Sean is on the ball here :xmas-smiley-003:

Sorry, I'm tired, I meant product quality not Sean's activities

Radioguy
7th December 2011, 23:06
Guys

We will get there , Its Day 1 of the rest of our lives ! LOL
I am working on a few things
We fixed other issues, will fix these.

andyg2011
7th December 2011, 23:11
sean

dont burn your head out

am sure it will be something easy FINGERS CROSSED FOR YOU ALL

thats sean working 26 hour days from now on :icon_smile:

190SETOURING
8th December 2011, 21:38
Mick

I do hope its not replaced with one of mine that i have ordered (waiting for 2) any sign of them yet sean?

baconbuttyman
8th December 2011, 22:38
I do hope its not replaced with one of mine that i have ordered (waiting for 2) any sign of them yet sean?

no he has ordered one espescially :xmas-smiley-025:

Clickernick
8th December 2011, 23:05
Well,,,,, I'll be fitting mine on the weekend and if it steps out of line just once,,,just once,,,i tells yer,,,I will be looking for a refund in full!!

Waited 6 months for this unit too!!

Then I will consider somthing from the Alpine range!! Ahh yes,,,,Symphony comes to mind!! :snowfight1:

madone
8th December 2011, 23:10
Nowt wrong with the Symphony and Lo line Nav :embarassed:

Clickernick
8th December 2011, 23:19
Exactly,,,, my Symphony does exactly what it sais on the tin, and coupled to my sub sounds wonderfull!!!
Ok,, no sat nav, telly, bluetooth phone link, but I do have Ipod/Ipad/Iphone music conection, and i can play the odd 80's cassette!!!!

Tomtom on my Iphone/Ipad so wont get lost either!!

Oh,, and its all totally reliable!!!! :icon_smile:

madone
8th December 2011, 23:25
Exactly and after 7 years of using it has never let me down. Oh for modern technology and radio reception :xmas-smiley-014:

GT Courier
9th December 2011, 08:17
Just reminds me why I am sticking with my standard hi line system, I have amp and speakers upgraded with sub and sound is pretty good, going to do a bit more work in the sound department later, but keeping the standard head unit,

The NAV is fine for me and I have only used the TV a couple of times, mainly to show people I have a TV in the car!

The hi line units are pretty cheap second hand now anyways!

baconbuttyman
9th December 2011, 08:36
mORNING ALL

StuBlake13
9th December 2011, 08:59
mORNING ALL

All morning...my names Bruce Bowls :D

http://www.fdin.org.uk/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/Screen-shot-2010-12-06-at-20.30.25-e1291667640716-212x300.png

GT Courier
9th December 2011, 08:59
mORNING ALL

Are your toys back out of the pram now!!!??

baconbuttyman
9th December 2011, 09:19
All morning...my names Bruce Bowls :D

http://www.fdin.org.uk/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/Screen-shot-2010-12-06-at-20.30.25-e1291667640716-212x300.png

lol:xmas-smiley-003::xmas-smiley-003:

baconbuttyman
9th December 2011, 09:23
Are your toys back out of the pram now!!!??

They are now, my wifes just burnt the damned crumpets :icon_frown:, all i have left is some manky tiger bread from Asda :snowfight1::snowfight1:

Swordy
19th December 2011, 16:29
Hi all,
My standard (RDS) units cd/dvd drive went wrong in August and I'm still waiting too, for a replacement part.

My wife crucifies me everytime she gets in the car!!:icon_frown::icon_evil:
£500 pound outlay for a unit that doesn't now play a cd!!

I feel like curling up and hiding in the boot.

Paul

Radioguy
19th December 2011, 16:37
Hi all,
My standard (RDS) units cd/dvd drive went wrong in August and I'm still waiting too, for a replacement part.

My wife crucifies me everytime she gets in the car!!:icon_frown::icon_evil:
£500 pound outlay for a unit that doesn't now play a cd!!

I feel like curling up and hiding in the boot.

Paul

Paul
Please
You know this isn't the whole story.
In August I emailed you with an offer for a unit and never heard back.
Then We sent 3 DVD CD Cartridges to Ireland for repairs and redistribution And good Ole Irish DHL and Irish Customs STILL HAVE Them ! DHL Says they have sent them back and Our agent says they have no sign of them. Now we are waiting for more from the factory.
Another loss absorbed by your truly

Swordy
19th December 2011, 18:19
I was on holiday over the summer.

I've tagged this on as another member is having the same issue.

I have been in contact with Mr Fry since the unit went wrong and I don't recall him offering me an easy exchange from another unit.
I have been in contact again this evening.

I am very thankful for his help in installing my whole system and the time he has given me ever since.

I am sorry you are paying out but my unit isn't functioning properly and its taking a long time to resolve.
No matter what if's or buts the unit has been down since August and its now heading to a new Year!

As for the sd card option....that isn't working properly either and hasn't ever since I bought a card. Most of the tracks still don't appear no matter what format or attempts I make.

It also doesn't stop my wife asking when it will be sorted out, when I have nothing concrete to tell her , except that if I pay out another £150 we can get a new unit with TMC.
So I will have paid out £650 odd quid.

Paul

Radioguy
19th December 2011, 18:31
I was on holiday over the summer.

I've tagged this on as another member is having the same issue.

I have been in contact with Mr Fry since the unit went wrong and I don't recall him offering me an easy exchange from another unit.
I have been in contact again this evening.

I am very thankful for his help in installing my whole system and the time he has given me ever since.

I am sorry you are paying out but my unit isn't functioning properly and its taking a long time to resolve.
No matter what if's or buts the unit has been down since August and its now heading to a new Year!

As for the sd card option....that isn't working properly either and hasn't ever since I bought a card. Most of the tracks still don't appear no matter what format or attempts I make.

It also doesn't stop my wife asking when it will be sorted out, when I have nothing concrete to tell her , except that if I pay out another £150 we can get a new unit with TMC.
So I will have paid out £650 odd quid.

Paul

HI Paul

I Offered you one and Tony was prepared to pull a cartridge out to send it.
Tony did not offer you one. He was prepared to do it.
Anyway , enough of the HE Said She said.
I just called Irish customs again
They say it was sent back....
They cost me $65 Each PLUS Shipping and no I will have to pay return shipping to get them. I am sorry, I am not ordering new ones.

AS soon as I have these 3 units back in the UK, I Will send you one,. Just pay the postage from Barnsley. Thats it.

You are on the list here.

andyg2011
19th December 2011, 19:30
guys

trust me i know your all going crazy about paying for something you dont get i know because am one of them people

but let me tell you sean is working so hard for us and is spending time away from his family and money just to try and help us with all the probs we have,,,,, as well as trying to get hold of his agent in HK and trying to sort out the repairs,

its also xmas and i does not help so lets all bear that in mind

sean is on the case and is trying his best belive me,

:snowfight1::xmas-smiley-003::elvis:

Robson Rover Repair
28th December 2011, 15:28
Id like to add that Sean had issues posting to Ireland before and it wasnt his fault.

My unit arrived down south in the depo making its way up north, and then disappeared before it got to my door.

He replaced the completely for me at his cost, and still hasnt got the original unit back!

Believe me, hes doing the best for you.

andyg2011
28th December 2011, 17:01
colin well said i know sean goes out of his way to help us

it means alot to sean and hes doing hes very best

happy holidays to you all:xmas-smiley-003:

Swordy
29th December 2011, 08:23
OK,
I will pay the postage from Barnsley. I'd just like to be able to play a cd on my unit.

To do whatever it takes in the New Year!

:xmas-smiley-003:Paul

baconbuttyman
3rd January 2012, 10:04
In answer to all the private PM's
update to the Original thread
:D:D:DSean is sending me a new Android to replace the faulty one.................

Clickernick
3rd January 2012, 11:27
Ahhhh so there is a glimmer at the end of the long tunnel!!

baconbuttyman
4th January 2012, 07:45
Ahhhh so there is a glimmer at the end of the long tunnel!!

yeah. what i am not looking forward to is reading that other massive thread about the android

Radioguy
4th January 2012, 14:26
yeah. what i am not looking forward to is reading that other massive thread about the android

Just read this one
Its better organized

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=100461

baconbuttyman
4th January 2012, 18:20
Just read this one
Its better organized

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=100461

ah cheers mate