PDA

View Full Version : igo8.3 start logo change

davidhughes
11th December 2011, 23:11
anyone know how to do this. I have a rover 75 on walnut want to change it ot an mg . I am talking about the igo start not the double din logo change.

Thanks for any tips

davidhughes
12th December 2011, 09:54
help please

MARKUK
12th December 2011, 11:05
David,

I have mucked about with the Branding file and removed the Rover pic and put MG ZT one in...

Here's the link...

https://www.sugarsync.com/share/dti8r2ewe83cz

Rename the existing BRANDING file on your SD to BRANDING(OLD) and copy the new one onto the card..

you should get this pic when it starts up..

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab202/auction_sales/loading-zt.jpg

davidhughes
12th December 2011, 23:41
Thanks. I ll try it tomorrow. I ve tried changing the picture in the branding loading.bmp to one I wanted the same size but it wont have it. Also tried the exact same picture you have sent as was labeled loading=zt.bmp.

I ll try using your files and not Sean's and see if getting rid of all the extra data helps.

The image I get is 75 on walnut, may be part of some skin as I have a black R75 curser but no option to change it back if you change the icon as the rover 75/zt dont exist in cars or cars3d.

Sean is very helpful but I dont think Nav software settings is his area of expertise. The cards need setting for R75 or ZT when downloads sent in my view or detailed operating and settings instructions.

I ve tried coping new image into branding zip before unzipping files. I wonder if I need to change something in the sys.text

If its of interest I have a class 10 8GB card working in mine, some people seem to have been asking if they would work.

MARKUK
13th December 2011, 09:11
TBH, it's Tony Fry that was the real expert on changing stuff in the Branding files etc...I have just had a look and saw a possibility.

You can change things around, you just have to be able to save back into the same format that the Branding file is in, or it just wont work..

:snowfight1:

Hainsie
9th January 2012, 20:03
I'd love to be able to change images in the branding file - anyone that can give us a clue??

Hainsie
10th January 2012, 18:46
E-mailed Tony Fry, who very kindly offered a solution:

Created a copy of IGO8 and went into the branding folder.
Unzipped and went into ui-igo8 folder
Found the 800x480 folder
Deleted the current file "loading.bmp"
Replaced it with an 800x480 file of my choice, saved as a .bmp file
Closed it all up
With a clean SD card:
Copied the whole IGO8 folder onto the SD card
Inserted
Sorted!!