The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Double Din Navigation Systems (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   75/ZT In Car System with GPS DVD Plug and Play (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=58455)

Radioguy 28th September 2010 16:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbootboy (Post 593920)
Can anyone tell me where to go with my tracking number that sean has given me ? He hasn`t told me which courier or website to use ? :shrug:

Hi

I sent this email on Saturday
Helllo Christian

I want to take this opportunity to thank you for your tremendous patience and trust that you place in me !

We FINALLY have a completed head unit and it is shipping to you this weekend.

The tracking number is XXXXXXXXXXXXX

You will possibly see it on this EMS website in 72 working hours but there is a Chinese holiday next week.

http://www.ems.com.cn/english-main.jsp

It should appear on www.parcelforce.com around the same time and be with you in 5-7 business days.

Please remember that we have placed a value of $80.00 on the invoice and described it as a CD PLAYER.

On the forum I have posted a photo of the wiring plugs to help you to install it.

It is here:

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...1&postcount=76

Looking forward to your positive review.

Cheers

Sean
RADIOGUY

MARKUK 28th September 2010 16:44

No tracking info online as yet...am still waiting on that...I have my tracking number though

Radioguy 28th September 2010 16:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARKUK (Post 593929)
No tracking info online as yet...am still waiting on that...I have my tracking number though

I was warned that things may be slow moving because of the "Mid-Autumn" holiday but assured that things ARE moving.

Carbootboy 28th September 2010 17:28

Hi Sean, thanks for the info, but I didn`t get that email :shrug:.
The one I got was only this:

Order ID: xx
Date Ordered: 05/07/2010

Your order has been updated to the following status:

Shipped

To view your order click on the link below:
http://www.autogpsdvds.com/index.php?route=account/invoice&order_id=xx
The comments for your order are:

EE357925182CN

Please reply to this email if you have any questions.

Nevermind, I know now, thank you.
Chris

Radioguy 28th September 2010 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbootboy (Post 593946)
Hi Sean, thanks for the info, but I didn`t get that email :shrug:.
The one I got was only this:

Order ID: xx
Date Ordered: 05/07/2010

Your order has been updated to the following status:

Shipped

To view your order click on the link below:
http://www.autogpsdvds.com/index.php?route=account/invoice&order_id=xx
The comments for your order are:

EE357925182CN

Please reply to this email if you have any questions.

Nevermind, I know now, thank you.
Chris

Hi Christian that is from whn I update the order on the www.autogpsdvds.com website, I just forwarded the Email to you with the info that I sent on Saturday !

Sean

Robson Rover Repair 28th September 2010 20:18

Have a read about the Chinese holiday folks, I dated a Chinese girl years ago, and it was a fascinating event!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mid-Autumn_Festival

Trust me, China is about 1/2 shut down lol, this is bigger than England/Scotland/Wales/Ireland/Northern Ireland/Canada (just for Sean!) getting into the World Cup Final over there. LOL.

Add a week or so onto the delivery, hay whats another week folks! :}

MARKUK 28th September 2010 20:40

Another week will be a disaster for me as I am flying out of the country for two weeks and wouldnt be able to install and test within the 1st 7 days so would not be a happy bunny.

I am expecting this to get to me by end of next week at the latest

Radioguy 28th September 2010 20:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARKUK (Post 594043)
Another week will be a disaster for me as I am flying out of the country for two weeks and wouldnt be able to install and test within the 1st 7 days so would not be a happy bunny.

This will not affect your guarantee. Its a guide, Nothing is written in stone with me !

CDTi 28th September 2010 20:48

Quote:

.... wouldnt be able to install and test within the 1st 7 days so would not be a happy bunny.

I'm sure Sean would be understanding if this happens. He is not your typical Chinese Seller who suddenly develops computer problems and a lack of English once the money is paid over :D.

edit: beat me to it Sean:)

madone 28th September 2010 20:50

Quote:

Very similar to me Mark but Sean has assured me 1st 7 day warranty not a problem in this case.

MARKUK 28th September 2010 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radioguy (Post 594048)
This will not affect your guarantee. Its a guide, Nothing is written in stone with me !

Your'e a good un Sean !

Hopefully it will all be done and dusted by the time I jet off !

Radioguy 29th September 2010 19:02

Frequently asked Questions

We have tried to start a few new threads and we always get off into several directions from Adding RDS, to ADDING TMC to ADDING Patches.

I thought that it would be a good Idea to put an FAQ Section on my Website that I can maintain and update and that answers many of the questions that people commonly ask. I will add to it and probably change the format to make it an easier read, as we go.

Maybe it is a good idea to make this a STICKY on the main threads and wills ave alot of frustration searching for answers?! ?

The Link to the FAQ's is http://www.autogpsdvds.com/index.php...formation_id=6

I have done many from memory and have been perusing the older threds for ideas. If anyone has any, I would be pleased to add them.

Cheers

Sean
AKA RadioGuy

Clickernick 29th September 2010 21:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by StuartB (Post 593759)
Hi All. First post as a new member. Has anyone used one of these units with the Radio channels on the DVB-T receiver, and if so, how have you found the reception whilst on the move? Thanks

Stuart, Im in MK so when my unit arrives I will let you know re the DVB-T stuff as I am doing a full MPEG4 (GB and Europe) TV install.:drool4:

MARKUK 29th September 2010 22:03

Has anyone actually seen any tracking info yet ?...

I have been checking EMS & Parcelforce and Nada !!

I know they have had this holiday thing in China but would have thought it would be on by now...I have no way of knowing where the thing is at the moment !

HarryM1BYT 29th September 2010 22:08

No tracking for mine yet either. Give it time, I don't think it starts to track until it leaves the country.

taxi-dermist 29th September 2010 22:12

[QUOTE=MARKUK;594528]Has anyone actuallyt seen any tracking info yet ?

I haven't found info either.:shrug: My wife thinks I am nuts the amount of times I check

Robson Rover Repair 30th September 2010 01:18

Literally folks, you will have to wait till after this weekend IMO before tracking appears. Have a look around and notice how many Chinese restaurants will be closed until first week of October in the UK. This is a major event for the whole country.

Radioguy 30th September 2010 06:30

Sorry Guys , Everything seems to be moving slow, reminding me of the ASh Cloud fiasco in April !

Radioguy 30th September 2010 06:31

Am I Crazy?

Am I Crazy to think that this is going to be an Excellent Xmas gift this year?

http://www.autogpsdvds.com/index.php?route=common/home

Radioguy 30th September 2010 06:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by StuartB (Post 593759)
Hi All. First post as a new member. Has anyone used one of these units with the Radio channels on the DVB-T receiver, and if so, how have you found the reception whilst on the move? Thanks

Stuart, Tony Fry has used it to receive the DAB radio and says it works GREAT ! He is not here to attest to *** himself, He is floating on some ship in the Pacific at the moment..
Welcome to our little part of the web !

Radioguy 30th September 2010 17:41

By the way Guys I have an MG Rover HEAD Unit with Analog TV (No RDS or TMC) For sale, warranty repaired (Was a bluetooth problem and we fixed it. It was Installed, and then uninstalled with in a day or 2 .

All tested and ready to go and in the UK.

Email For prices if interested ([email protected])

Sean

Sold !

StuartB 1st October 2010 07:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clickernick (Post 594514)
Stuart, Im in MK so when my unit arrives I will let you know re the DVB-T stuff as I am doing a full MPEG4 (GB and Europe) TV install.:drool4:

That's brilliant, thanks very much

Stuart

StuartB 1st October 2010 07:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radioguy (Post 594600)
Stuart, Tony Fry has used it to receive the DAB radio and says it works GREAT ! He is not here to attest to *** himself, He is floating on some ship in the Pacific at the moment..
Welcome to our little part of the web !

Thanks Sean. Time to get myself an order in then I think.

I might be wrong but I don't believe this unit can receive "DAB Digital Radio" which is broadcast on a different platform/frequency to Radio channels on Freeview via DVB-T. Only a small point, but not all broadcasters in the UK broadcast on both platforms. What I'm hoping to get is a better audio quality on Stations such as Talksport and BBC 5 Live which are not so good on my standard radio (on AM).

Cheers

Stuart

markpeachey 9th October 2010 05:25

GPS and DVD unit

Hi Tony,
Regarding the GPS and DVD etc
1. 1. While in duel zone mode (ie listening to music while on GPS) what functions are limited with regards to the music playing? For example can I skip to the next track or am I limited to just volume up and down?
2. 2 Does the unit remember that I like my music played back on Random or do I have to reset that function every time I start the car?
3. 3 Does the unit remember where the song is playing or does it restart the song every time I start the car?
4. 4 If I put a large (say 16Gig or 32 Gig) SD card or USB player into the unit does it take ages and ages to load all 3000 songs?
5. 5 How easy is it update my maps and how much is it?
66 Can I watch TV while driving?

67 Do you deliver to Australia and how recent are the maps supplied?

Radioguy 9th October 2010 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by StuartB (Post 595024)
Thanks Sean. Time to get myself an order in then I think.

I might be wrong but I don't believe this unit can receive "DAB Digital Radio" which is broadcast on a different platform/frequency to Radio channels on Freeview via DVB-T. Only a small point, but not all broadcasters in the UK broadcast on both platforms. What I'm hoping to get is a better audio quality on Stations such as Talksport and BBC 5 Live which are not so good on my standard radio (on AM).

Cheers

Stuart

Hi Stuart, Thanks for the order and Hope that you got the tracking #.
I have to reserve for Tony and the Other members as to which channels etc.

Radioguy 9th October 2010 12:57

Hi Mark

Cool Questions ! Is it Okay if i Use them in my FAQ's on my website and the Forum?

When in GPS Mode, You can listen to CD, Radio, USB or SD so no limitations. You can skip tracks etc.

As for the random function, I have to check it, I am not sure. It usually remembers your settings but I want to be specifically sure of that.

SD Cards come in several classes, as long as you are using the higher class cards everything loads fast.

The Maps that we provide are the most current, however they are not updatable, Newer versions of maps are regularly available on the internet for download. If you wanted fully updatable you would have to subscribe with IGO8. As a side note, these do not expire either.

We do deliver to Australia regularly. I have about 5 or 6 of these there.

Best regards !

Sean

Quote:

Originally Posted by markpeachey (Post 598527)
Hi Tony,
Regarding the GPS and DVD etc
1. 1. While in duel zone mode (ie listening to music while on GPS) what functions are limited with regards to the music playing? For example can I skip to the next track or am I limited to just volume up and down?
2. 2 Does the unit remember that I like my music played back on Random or do I have to reset that function every time I start the car?
3. 3 Does the unit remember where the song is playing or does it restart the song every time I start the car?
4. 4 If I put a large (say 16Gig or 32 Gig) SD card or USB player into the unit does it take ages and ages to load all 3000 songs?
5. 5 How easy is it update my maps and how much is it?
66 Can I watch TV while driving?

67 Do you deliver to Australia and how recent are the maps supplied?

richardsms 9th October 2010 14:04

TV not working

Hi, I brought a unit off you about a month ago (MGZT). I have just managed to get the TV fitted but it does not work on the move. I have the DVT-B unit and DTV Digital aerial you supplied. Have you ant advice? It works fine with parked but does not work at speed, I believed they were capable of this??

richardsms 9th October 2010 14:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by richardsms (Post 598686)
Hi, I brought a unit off you about a month ago (MGZT). I have just managed to get the TV fitted but it does not work on the move. I have the DVT-B unit and DTV Digital aerial you supplied. Have you ant advice? It works fine with parked but does not work at speed, I believed they were capable of this??

By the way, it is the aerial with the 2 plastic arms NOT the magnetic aerial i am using.

Radioguy 9th October 2010 14:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by richardsms (Post 598688)
By the way, it is the aerial with the 2 plastic arms NOT the magnetic aerial i am using.

Hi

Where is the Antenna Placement ?

Radioguy 9th October 2010 19:48

Car in Austria

Hi Guys i Need Some help

A Customer in Austria has this ISO Plug
What is it ?

http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/s...0-09172226.jpg

This is Is head Unit a Hi line

http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/s...5_Highline.jpg

It is a 2000 Rover 75 saloon 2,5 kv6 with 177 ps and automatic.

Cheers

StuartB 9th October 2010 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radioguy (Post 598653)
Hi Stuart, Thanks for the order and Hope that you got the tracking #.
I have to reserve for Tony and the Other members as to which channels etc.

Hi Sean - No tracking number as yet (will it be e-mailed or on my account/order history page once it's available?

Cheers

Stuart

Radioguy 9th October 2010 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by StuartB (Post 598906)
Hi Sean - No tracking number as yet (will it be e-mailed or on my account/order history page once it's available?

Cheers

Stuart

Hi Stuart, I sent it yesterday
To your email
PM'ing it again now

StuartB 10th October 2010 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radioguy (Post 598944)
Hi Stuart, I sent it yesterday
To your email
PM'ing it again now

Hi Sean - I think the e-mail must be swimming the atlantic as it's not here yet, but got the details from your PM, so thanks very much.

Cheers

Stuart

HarryM1BYT 10th October 2010 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radioguy (Post 598853)
Hi Guys i Need Some help

A Customer in Austria has this ISO Plug
What is it ? Cheers

Sean, that is not an ISO plug that white one and the blue one in the background are the standard plugs for the Hi-Line unit. As near as I could tell they were all just controll wiring for the Hi-Line's boot mounted amp, TV, Radio and Satnav system.

He needs to dig deeper to find the actual ISO plugs which are usually stuffed at the bottom by the ciggy lighter socket. He needs to take out the climate panel to get to them. Hope they are there, but no guarantees.

Mine had the two ISO plugs, plus the small yellow + green + blue plugs all in a bundle.

Clickernick 10th October 2010 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by StuartB (Post 599141)
Hi Sean - I think the e-mail must be swimming the atlantic as it's not here yet, but got the details from your PM, so thanks very much.

Cheers

Stuart

I think most of Seans emails end up in the altantic from what many members have said on here. Don't know why they don't come through!?!?:shrug:

Sean, can you use p/m's on here as it seems to be a more reliable means of comunication:bowdown:

CDTi 10th October 2010 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clickernick (Post 599215)
I think most of Seans emails end up in the altantic from what many members have said on here. Don't know why they don't come through!?!?:shrug:

I'm in contact with Sean numerous times daily via email and I never lose a message.

Clickernick 10th October 2010 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by CDTi (Post 599231)
I'm in contact with Sean numerous times daily via email and I never lose a message.

Ok, i stand alone, must just be a few that get away!! Not had my tracking number yet, so will wait patiently as we do.;)

richardsms 10th October 2010 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radioguy (Post 598692)
Hi

Where is the Antenna Placement ?

Hi it is in the top left hand corner of the windscreen.

I also have another problem, I can only get the TV to play through the AUX socket and not through the TV connection on the back of the head. if I connect it there, the TV button does not work and does not become illuminated to signify there is something plugged into it. Any ideas?

MARKUK 10th October 2010 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by richardsms (Post 599330)
Hi it is in the top left hand corner of the windscreen.

I also have another problem, I can only get the TV to play through the AUX socket and not through the TV connection on the back of the head. if I connect it there, the TV button does not work and does not become illuminated to signify there is something plugged into it. Any ideas?

The TV button won't work if its one of the new units as there is no TV Function !...

You will have to use the AUX in for the Freeview...

HarryM1BYT 10th October 2010 21:14

Steering buttons sorted

Just for reference....

Ex- Hi-line with the ISO plugs plus yellow + green + blue plugs stashed behind the lighter socket.

Someone suggested that simply plugging in the plug with the blue/orange and blue/purple wires in it, into the the new head unit would work, but they didn't.

What did work, was to cut the two wires on the RED plug of the new DD, and join them to the above two wires. Red plug has just two wires in it a green one and a black. Connect green to blue orange; connect black to purple/blue.

The small plastic box behind the original head unit labelled 'Switch Interface Module' and the plastic bracket is no longer needed and can be unplugged/removed.

Radioguy 11th October 2010 06:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clickernick (Post 599215)

Sean, can you use p/m's on here as it seems to be a more reliable means of comunication:bowdown:

Nick,

I Sent the tracking Days ago. I also sent you an Email about your "Ebay Activity"
Maybe you have another email address?

I have one friend that never gets my emails from one account.

Sean

handyjackdaniels 13th October 2010 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony_fry (Post 537064)
Here's my latest screen shot running the patch and with the "Right" logo

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/a...k/IMG_0120.jpg

Has anybody had problems with downloading petruts patch? I downloaded it a few times and always struggled with it, have just tried downloading the "8.0 final patch" with the intention of getting the wifi patch, but everytime i try i only get a maximum of 4mb of what is apparently 5 mb.
Petrut has helped with solutions but i'm running out of downloads!!!

phenonix 13th October 2010 20:29

i just tried and got 4.8 mb,
i didnt know there was an update, how does one get informed when there is an update?

tony_fry 14th October 2010 07:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by phenonix (Post 600929)
i just tried and got 4.8 mb,
i didnt know there was an update, how does one get informed when there is an update?

You have to check on Petruts web site:-

http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107203

phenonix 14th October 2010 07:49

Ah your back Tony, how was your holiday?
So with downloading V8 patch do I now just need to purchase the wifi patch to get the Internet?

tony_fry 14th October 2010 08:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by phenonix (Post 601096)
So with downloading V8 patch do I now just need to purchase the wifi patch to get the Internet?

Hi Joe

Yep back, holiday cruise was great, downside was getting back into working mode, still trying to get through the 580 emails I got over the last 3 weeks!!! :mad:

Radioguy 14th October 2010 13:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by phenonix (Post 601096)

Nope
Its Complicated, we are in testing now

Hang in

Soulblighter47 15th October 2010 21:11

About Petrutms patch, has anybody found how to remove the white calibration screen each time the head unit start? It wasn't the case before i applied the patch and it's a bit annoying and hard while driving!

petrutms 16th October 2010 17:10

that shouldnt happen. Never had this problem, on any unit. Check the size of nwdflash.

CDTi 16th October 2010 17:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soulblighter47 (Post 601942)
About Petrutms patch, has anybody found how to remove the white calibration screen each time the head unit start? It wasn't the case before i applied the patch and it's a bit annoying and hard while driving!

This is caused by an SD card problem. Format the card or try another.

Soulblighter47 16th October 2010 20:47

Thank you gonna try to format again the sd card.

phenonix 17th October 2010 05:21

how do you change the background in iphone mode from the black to another (which i'd like to create) on Petuts patch?

picky747 17th October 2010 17:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by phenonix (Post 602339)
how do you change the background in iphone mode from the black to another (which i'd like to create) on Petuts patch?

Using the Stylus that came with the unit (as it's impossible to do with fat fingers) touch anywhere on the black iPhone desktop for a few seconds and a box will pop up,do not move the stylus off the screen but slide it to the part that says OPTIONS and a new screen will open.Tap on the wallpaper tab and then navigate to the picture you want to use which must be stored on the SATNAV sd card and tap on yes to save changes and there you have it!

http://oi38.tinypic.com/10n5fyf.jpg

phenonix 17th October 2010 20:19

Thanks Picky!

Mrmanbag 18th October 2010 21:26

Hi All,
I am new to this forum and would like to say thanks to Sean et al for bringing this product to my attention!
I have recently ordered this piece of genius from Sean and will hopefully receive it soon!
I am, however confused as to how to fit this to a hi-line system with Harmon Kardon speakers.
I have read in one post that someone had to replace the amplifier in order to connect to the new head unit.
I therefore had a bit of an investigation and found this

http://productfinder.autoleads.co.uk...atref=PC2-05-4

and also this

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/adva...=px761&x=0&y=0

can anyone tell me which adaptor I should get for the harmon kardon
hi-line wiring loom (which I believe has an amplifier in the boot)?

Thanks again for what I hope to be a marvellous bit of kit!

HarryM1BYT 18th October 2010 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrmanbag (Post 603227)
Hi All,
can anyone tell me which adaptor I should get for the harmon kardon
hi-line wiring loom (which I believe has an amplifier in the boot)?

Thanks again for what I hope to be a marvellous bit of kit!

You may find there is an ISO set of plugs tucked in behind the ciggy lighter and ready to use with the new unit, mine had. You will need to extend the radio antenna from the wheel well, to the new unit. Regarding the HK....

When plugged in as above, my HK did not work at all - though I got some good audio via the HK speakers directly from the new unit own amp. I might get around to investigating getting the HK amp working with the new unit in the future, but for now, as it is - it sounds pretty good.

Mrmanbag 18th October 2010 22:43

Thanks Harry,
The looms for bmws' with the 10 speaker packages seem to be catered for so might this adaptor work with the hi-line hk system?

HarryM1BYT 18th October 2010 23:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrmanbag (Post 603258)
Thanks Harry,
The looms for bmws' with the 10 speaker packages seem to be catered for so might this adaptor work with the hi-line hk system?

I was wondering about exactly the same thing. All I know is that it is suggested that audio was originally fed into the HK amp at speaker levels - certainly a quick look at the cables in the HK amp suggests they are all high level ones (speaker type in and out). I also don't know whether the first amp is in the Hi-line head unit or in the radio unit in the wheel well. It's all very confused, but it would be good to get the HK working again, just to see what a difference it makes to the audio.

I wasn't very impressed with the audio from the system I had.

Radioguy 22nd October 2010 15:23

Remaining Inventory

Hi All

Currently we have
7 Head Units with TMC/RDS
0 Units with RDS only
3 Units with Analog TV (No RDS or TMC)
1 Used Unit With RDS and the Internet Patch Available

Our next order for Head Units will not be with us for about 30-45 days !

You can place any Orders Here

http://www.autogpsdvds.com/index.php...&product_id=72

Best regards !

Sean (AKA Radioguy)

stux99 22nd October 2010 17:48

If I had another ZT I would order another unit without hesitation:D

Radioguy 22nd October 2010 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by stux99 (Post 605114)

I am sure we could find one for you !

Clickernick 22nd October 2010 18:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by stux99 (Post 605114)

Hear hear!!!

A truly great addition to an excellent car!!

I wonder what MGR would have charged for a unit like these including Freeview and camera etc?????

Perhaps we shouldn't go there!!!

phenonix 22nd October 2010 22:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radioguy (Post 605027)
Hi All

Currently we have
7 Head Units with TMC/RDS
0 Units with RDS only
3 Units with Analog TV (No RDS or TMC)
1 Used Unit With RDS and the Internet Patch Available

Our next order for Head Units will not be with us for about 30-45 days !

You can place any Orders Here

http://www.autogpsdvds.com/index.php...&product_id=72

Best regards !

Sean (AKA Radioguy)

Sean,
the internet patch mentioned above, any news on its testing?

Radioguy 23rd October 2010 03:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by phenonix (Post 605328)
Sean,
the internet patch mentioned above, any news on its testing?

HI
We tested one last weekend Unsuccessfully. We are trying a new one this Weekend.

Sean

phenonix 23rd October 2010 03:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radioguy (Post 605393)
HI
We tested one last weekend Unsuccessfully. We are trying a new one this Weekend.

Sean

what sort of issues are being encountered?

Radioguy 23rd October 2010 04:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by phenonix (Post 605395)
what sort of issues are being encountered?

This is What we got : So far still a compatibility problem

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...25f17ee9de.jpg
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...25f1845407.jpg
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...25f1868ace.jpg

phenonix 23rd October 2010 04:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radioguy (Post 605396)

Did I read somewhere it works better on Wince 5?
Whereas this is being tested on Wince6?

Radioguy 23rd October 2010 04:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by phenonix (Post 605398)
Did I read somewhere it works better on Wince 5?
Whereas this is being tested on Wince6?

It "Worked" (past tense) on WinCE 5.0 But we are only developing at the moment for WinCE 6.0. All of our New Units are WinCe 6.0 . After that is Done, apparently it will be easy to make one for the WinCE 5.0 for retrofits. The Dongles have to be WinCE compatible as well as the wireless keyboards.

I want it Working right before we offer it and our plan is to do it at our shop and send the unit outfitted and tested.

Then I will offer them as retrofits.

Each buyer will have to provide the Units ID and We have a Quick solution fr that too because Sometimes, again, apparently, the Unit can show a different ID then the real ID. Please don't ask me why !

We SHOULD be ready next week.

Sean

phenonix 23rd October 2010 04:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radioguy (Post 605399)
It "Worked" (past tense) on WinCE 5.0 But we are only developing at the moment for WinCE 6.0. All of our New Units are WinCe 6.0 . After that is Done, apparently it will be easy to make one for the WinCE 5.0 for retrofits. The Dongles have to be WinCE compatible as well as the wireless keyboards.

I want it Working right before we offer it and our plan is to do it at our shop and send the unit outfitted and tested.

Each buyer will have to provide the Units ID and We have a Quick solution fr that too because Sometimes, again, apparently, the Unit can show a different ID then the real ID. Please don't ask me why !

Sean

Is that the only requirement for the dongle? to be Wince compatible?

I just want to ensure i get the correct dongle and have everything bits when it is all up and running
would you be able to point me in the direction of a suitable dongle?

Radioguy 23rd October 2010 04:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by phenonix (Post 605402)
Is that the only requirement for the dongle? to be Wince compatible?

I just want to ensure i get the correct dongle and have everything bits when it is all up and running
would you be able to point me in the direction of a suitable dongle?

HI Tom
Hopefully we will be providing them as well.
Would be similar to these But really, you should wait until all is done and tested.
Who Knows
I own 2 3G dongles right now and we have scrapped the 3G for the Moemnt in favor of the Wifi
http://cgi.ebay.com/EDUP-802-11n-Min...item563f88c78e

petrutms 23rd October 2010 19:24

for all interested, 3g will not be available for wince 5 ! Only for wince 6,
Wifi will be available to both wince 5 and 6, but in first phase only for wince 6.
Wifi will work with any phone that can be used as access point ( iphone, wmobile, symbian, android ) and with wifi dongles based on ralink 3070 chipset.

kopite65 27th October 2010 11:06

Radio interference ???

Hi all does anyone get interference on the radio when you use the rear window demister? Everytime i put it on i can hardly hear anything only loud crackling is anyone getting the same thing and is there s fix for this?

Air Rover 27th October 2010 14:36

Quote:

Sean

Hi Sean

When you have full tested and outfitted this unit, please let me know.

Definitly is THAT unit i´m waiting so far.:drool4::drool4::drool4:
Regards
José

Mr Edd 28th October 2010 07:14

Quote:

Sean

Would I be able to get this to work on my unit once you have sorted it out?

What would be required and how much? (approximately)

Edd

sratansi 28th October 2010 22:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by kopite65 (Post 607449)
Hi all does anyone get interference on the radio when you use the rear window demister? Everytime i put it on i can hardly hear anything only loud crackling is anyone getting the same thing and is there s fix for this?

i have had that issue on a few cars...does your rear screen demist fully?

HarryM1BYT 28th October 2010 22:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by sratansi (Post 608145)
i have had that issue on a few cars...does your rear screen demist fully?

Could I suggest the cause is probably high resistance connections and /or damage to the elements?

para999 29th October 2010 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radioguy (Post 594435)
We have tried to start a few new threads and we always get off into several directions from Adding RDS, to ADDING TMC to ADDING Patches.

I thought that it would be a good Idea to put an FAQ Section on my Website that I can maintain and update and that answers many of the questions that people commonly ask. I will add to it and probably change the format to make it an easier read, as we go.

Maybe it is a good idea to make this a STICKY on the main threads and wills ave alot of frustration searching for answers?! ?

The Link to the FAQ's is http://www.autogpsdvds.com/index.php...formation_id=6

I have done many from memory and have been perusing the older threds for ideas. If anyone has any, I would be pleased to add them.

Cheers

Sean
AKA RadioGuy

Hi Sean

I bought one of these units from you in April this year. I am using one of Tony's SD cards and the system is great!

You state on your website that my type of unit can be modified to charge an iPod. Mine is a 4th gen nano. Can you let me know how it's done please?

Thanks

Gordon :D

Radioguy 29th October 2010 23:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by para999 (Post 608554)
Hi Sean

I bought one of these units from you in April this year. I am using one of Tony's SD cards and the system is great!

You state on your website that my type of unit can be modified to charge an iPod. Mine is a 4th gen nano. Can you let me know how it's done please?

Thanks

Gordon :D

Hi Gordon

You can see the IPOD Mod Here http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...7&postcount=32

Courtesy of CDTi

Cheers

Sean

para999 30th October 2010 00:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radioguy (Post 608561)
Hi Gordon

You can see the IPOD Mod Here http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...7&postcount=32

Courtesy of CDTi

Cheers

Sean

Thanks Sean.... I remember seeing it now a while ago....couldn't find it! Just not sure about taking it all apart to solder the wires in just yet!

Thanks

Gordon

Radioguy 30th October 2010 00:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by para999 (Post 608576)
Thanks Sean.... I remember seeing it now a while ago....couldn't find it! Just not sure about taking it all apart to solder the wires in just yet!

Thanks

Gordon

You could send it to us and we could do it ... In Ireland

!

fulgerica 3rd November 2010 09:40

Help

After purchase DVD player HL-8733 all was good (I has bought in january 2010), all worked but today (november

2010) was gone GPS menu (foto more low)

RESET hasn't helped

What to me you advise that-ba GPS worked?

fulgerica 3rd November 2010 23:15

1 Attachment(s)
foto with Gps menu Dead

tony_fry 4th November 2010 05:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by fulgerica (Post 611061)
foto with Gps menu Dead

Its not good news, I would say that the GPS board has now gone faulty, as it is not going into the WinCe side of board, I would contact the original supplier of the head unit.

handyjackdaniels 4th November 2010 05:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony_fry (Post 611098)
Its not good news, I would say that the GPS board has now gone faulty, as it is not going into the WinCe side of board, I would contact the original supplier of the head unit.

have a similar problem. Contacted petrut he was a little confused! It happened when i tried curing problem with sysupdate page with file he sent me.

I think he is going to try to get a new firmware from his chinese friends see if that works.
Wonder if i can download it anywhere?

tony_fry 4th November 2010 06:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by handyjackdaniels (Post 611099)
have a similar problem. Contacted petrut he was a little confused! It happened when i tried curing problem with sysupdate page with file he sent me.

I think he is going to try to get a new firmware from his chinese friends see if that works.
Wonder if i can download it anywhere?

I don't think it is good news for you either Steve, Sean has been trying to get the firmware from the manufactures for a while now, they will NOT release it, so I don't hold up a lot of hope that Petrut will be able to get it.

handyjackdaniels 4th November 2010 06:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony_fry (Post 611104)

I don't think it is good news for you either Steve, Sean has been trying to get the firmware from the manufactures for a while now, they will NOT release it, so I don't hold up a lot of hope that Petrut will be able to get it.

B*******!

Looks like another gps board then?

Maybe worth having a chat with Sean.

Radioguy 4th November 2010 11:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by handyjackdaniels (Post 611105)
B*******!

Looks like another gps board then?

Maybe worth having a chat with Sean.

Hi there
Give me a Summary,
How old is the head unit ?
When did you apply Petruts patch ?
What happened?
This is why it is taking us so long, I want this 100% before we start offering
Sean

picky747 4th November 2010 12:41

Sean,That is how my Satnav module went when I tried to flash it with the English WinCe,it's not the petrut patch that causes this.

handyjackdaniels 4th November 2010 12:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by picky747 (Post 611204)
Sean,That is how my Satnav module went when I tried to flash it with the English WinCe,it's not the petrut patch that causes this.

Thats exactly what i did.

For some reason, i presume because i was trying to put Petruts patch on the unit( it turns out the patch didnt download fully) , i ended up with the sysupdate page on the screen and it wouldnt let me tick any of the boxes or reset it.
I contacted Petrut who sent me the english Wince files which i put onto a sd card and put in the gps slot......the pictues show what happened! The page is all out of line and it wont allow me to tap anywhere on the page.

Picky, how did you overcome the problem when it happened to you, as it happened for the same reason?

Steve.

picky747 4th November 2010 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by handyjackdaniels (Post 611213)

Picky, how did you overcome the problem when it happened to you, as it happened for the same reason?

Steve.

I purchased a new module (just the satnav card not the full unit)from Sean.The old module can be reflashed when and if the factory would be prepared to release the WinCe files for this unit as it contains drivers specific for this unit to operate.

alsamar 4th November 2010 19:16

Hi Sean,
I would like to buy a unit for my Tourer 2002 (December). It only has a steering control of a resistor type (for the original R75 radio Alpine) like hutsch mentioned in
http://www.r75.info/modules.php?name...highlight=kbus
I checked my values and could get nearly the same resistance values mentioned in this table. So if I would like to use your offered unit should I need YWQ100031 which is for the original R75 gps or would your unit work with the STW control without this white box YWQ100031?
Thanks in advance for your support

Radioguy 4th November 2010 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by alsamar (Post 611353)
Hi Sean,
I would like to buy a unit for my Tourer 2002 (December). It only has a steering control of a resistor type (for the original R75 radio Alpine) like hutsch mentioned in
I checked my values and could get nearly the same resistance values mentioned in this table. So if I would like to use your offered unit should I need YWQ100031 which is for the original R75 gps or would your unit work with the STW control without this white box YWQ100031?

Hi

Yes

That is the Infrared Steering Control.
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/s...BoxMGRover.jpg
It will work with that Or direct wired steering .

The White Box is Not "required" if that is what you are asking. If your car has steering wheel controls, the Head unit will work. It interfaces with your cars Canbus.

MBG

Sean

HarryM1BYT 4th November 2010 20:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by alsamar (Post 611353)
Hi Sean,

That white box is not needed. In fact if it is fitted, it will need to be removed if it is fitted behind where the new unit slots in - because it is in the way. It pushes the new unit out by about 6mm.

handyjackdaniels 5th November 2010 08:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radioguy (Post 611188)
Hi there
Give me a Summary,
How old is the head unit ?
When did you apply Petruts patch ?
What happened?
This is why it is taking us so long, I want this 100% before we start offering
Sean

Hello Sean,

I bought the unit in june, from a member of the other forum( Haysee/ Mr.Ian). He'd lost his job and needed to get hold of some cash. Think he bought it in march time.

I tried applying Petruts patch in september, had a few problems, think he had to do some tweeking wih the patch. Eventually got one onto the sd card and it didnt work correctly. Was either he tweeking or the fact that it didnt download fully.

I left it for a few weeks, then got hold of one of Tonys sd cards, he also put petruts patch on there for me.I switched the gps on and got the sysupdate page on the screen with the various tick boxes( logo/ logo2/reset etc). It wouldnt allow me to tap on the screen at all, so i contacted Petrut again and he sent me the wince english files, which i put onto a spare sd card. It went through the update succesfully then the screen flickered and since then i get the screens shown above.

Now i cant do anything, tried reset, took battery off for the night still no change!
Petrut did say he would try get the firmware from his chinese friends, but going by what Tony has said, doesnt look promising. Getting a bit fed up now, having no gps for 2 1/2 months???

Do i need to get a new gps board?!

sratansi 5th November 2010 09:04

has anyone connected an IPOD touch or Iphone to the head unit via the AV cables to watch movies?

fulgerica 5th November 2010 10:27

i ask seller Cathy(from Hualingan) about my GPS menu problem http://rover-russia.ru/_fr/3/2650803.jpg

response:

Dear Adrian,

"Our engineer said that is the software problem. You need a new GPS moudle. Can you send it back to us for repiar? If you send it back to us just write it as "car monitor" at 20$."

What do you think? Whether it is necessary to send back to China?

ceedy 5th November 2010 11:31

Faulty GPS board seems top be the standard answer from the factories whenever these fall over !! :shrug:. Seems to be the weak point .

Not sure if yours has a plug in GPS module or a Soldered one. probably the latter!..

Its not that hard to do if done the right way. I've had do it twice on my Erising DVD/GPS units But you have to be reasonably capable at fine soldering. And need a couple of specialist ?? tools. well at least a solder sucker and iron.

My Supplier was happy to send me a GPS board on both occasions .

But I had 2 different problems on 2 differents units ( none of them Sean's though !!) , the 1st time it still had to go back to china after replacing the GPS , and then you get all the associated month of aggro before it comes home again

So you need to decide if you want to return it , not sure what it would cost from your homeland ?

The mention of 20$ is to get you to put that as the Value on the Douments to stop Chinese Customs trying to stick you with massive extra import duty when it arrives in China.

Chris

Quote:

Originally Posted by fulgerica (Post 611618)
i ask seller Cathy(from Hualingan) about my GPS menu problem http://rover-russia.ru/_fr/3/2650803.jpg

response:

Dear Adrian,

"Our engineer said that is the software problem. You need a new GPS moudle. Can you send it back to us for repiar? If you send it back to us just write it as "car monitor" at 20$."

Radioguy 5th November 2010 11:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by fulgerica (Post 611618)

response:

Dear Adrian,

Its Going to be cheaper and less hassles to send it to us in the UK.
You will have Shipping to them,
They will charge you return shipping
Maybe for the parts, I am not sure.
And if it gets caught in Chinese customs......... Will be a BIG Deal.
If you decide to send to China, Only sent with EMS/Postal DO NOT use a courier
When did you order it ?

Sean

Radioguy 5th November 2010 12:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by handyjackdaniels (Post 611588)
Hello Sean,

I bought the unit in june, from a member of the other forum( Haysee/ Mr.Ian). He'd lost his job and needed to get hold of some cash. Think he bought it in march time.

I tried applying Petruts patch in september, had a few problems, think he had to do some tweeking wih the patch. Eventually got one onto the sd card and it didnt work correctly. Was either he tweeking or the fact that it didnt download fully.

I left it for a few weeks, then got hold of one of Tonys sd cards, he also put petruts patch on there for me.I switched the gps on and got the sysupdate page on the screen with the various tick boxes( logo/ logo2/reset etc). It wouldnt allow me to tap on the screen at all, so i contacted Petrut again and he sent me the wince english files, which i put onto a spare sd card. It went through the update succesfully then the screen flickered and since then i get the screens shown above.

Now i cant do anything, tried reset, took battery off for the night still no change!
Petrut did say he would try get the firmware from his chinese friends, but going by what Tony has said, doesnt look promising. Getting a bit fed up now, having no gps for 2 1/2 months???

Do i need to get a new gps board?!

I really Think that we need to see it. The GPS Boards are a little confusing as there are 4 different versions.
I HOPE its not.

fulgerica 5th November 2010 12:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radioguy (Post 611638)
Its Going to be cheaper and less hassles to send it to us in the UK.
You will have Shipping to them,
They will charge you return shipping
Maybe for the parts, I am not sure.
And if it gets caught in Chinese customs......... Will be a BIG Deal.
If you decide to send to China, Only sent with EMS/Postal DO NOT use a courier
When did you order it ?

Sean

I ordered dvd-car in january 2010.Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D43dUtcyFUc

Radioguy 5th November 2010 13:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by fulgerica (Post 611671)
I ordered dvd-car in january 2010.

Probably from Haulingan,
That is the original GPS Boards if that is the problem.
Last time I asked, We couldn't get them but it may have changed.

Let me look into it.

Sean

handyjackdaniels 5th November 2010 16:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radioguy (Post 611668)
I really Think that we need to see it. The GPS Boards are a little confusing as there are 4 different versions.
I HOPE its not.

Heard nothing from Petrut, re; firmware.
Think it needs opening up and looking at by someone who knows what they are looking for!!??

Could i send it to you to work some magic on it? If you could give me address details etc if you can, would be VERY grateful.
Not sure if gps module is soldered or plug, but not any good with soldering!

Many thanks.Steve.

Radioguy 5th November 2010 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by handyjackdaniels (Post 611800)
Heard nothing from Petrut, re; firmware.
Think it needs opening up and looking at by someone who knows what they are looking for!!??

Could i send it to you to work some magic on it? If you could give me address details etc if you can, would be VERY grateful.
Not sure if gps module is soldered or plug, but not any good with soldering!

Many thanks.Steve.

Hi Steve,

Please email me and I will send you the details
[email protected]

Cheers

Sean

fulgerica 6th November 2010 02:45

I send email to Cathy(Hualingan)
""Can you send GPS module to me?""

Response:

""Dear Adrian,
If you can not send the dvd player back to us, you need buy a new moudle. cost 55$.
We will send it by express to you and we pay the shipping cost. Please let me know when do you need it?
Any question,please feel free to let me know.""

I any more don't know, I want new Gps module or not... I live in a city, especially it is not necessary to me....
:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:: shrug:

!!! Someone with the same problem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Omgaesw4LbM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INjk0...eature=related

Radioguy 6th November 2010 10:32

Privet Adrian,
The Chinese will do all they can to discourage you
Haulingan will NOT Be able to get that GPS Board, I advise you NOT to send money. They will send you the WRONG Board. I Promise.
They will simply order a board from the factory and send it and it will be from the newer units which have different boards
A Question, Those Videos are from last year, Have you had the problem since then, do they show the exact problem ?

Cheers

Sean

Quote:

Originally Posted by fulgerica (Post 612102)

Response:

""Dear Adrian,
If you can not send the dvd player back to us, you need buy a new moudle. cost 55$.
We will send it by express to you and we pay the shipping cost. Please let me know when do you need it?

I any more don't know, I want new Gps module or not... I live in a city, especially it is not necessary to me....

tony_fry 6th November 2010 11:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by fulgerica (Post 612102)

Response:

""Dear Adrian,

Hi Adrian

I know this might seem a bit silly, but have you tried another SAT NAV program on the unit? it might just be something wrong with the setup for Route 66 on the card.

fulgerica 6th November 2010 16:00

Hi Sean

On my youtube account is 2 videos,1) Unboxing and 2) GPs not work-GPS menu not loading,like a screen with inscription "navigation system".

Hi tony_fry

GPS menu not loading and and I can't load any Gps soft(Route?Navitel etc.) :shrug: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D43dUtcyFUc

petrutms 6th November 2010 20:16

the problem with rover units is that the gps firmware is tweaked for your mainboards.
Also one gps board ( lets say 2450 type, wince 6 ), can have multiple revisions ( the one in my unit is v4, i found with v1, etc ), and firmware is not compatible in many cases...
That`s why the delay with the wifi and 3g patch, i have something, you have something else... I`m trying to get a standard firmware but the chinese are stubborn...

handyjackdaniels 7th November 2010 13:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radioguy (Post 566486)
Hi All

Well, I have been proven WRONG. But in a good way. Tony_Fry today installed a unit with the DVB-T (freeview) receiver and informs me that the DAB radio works well also with it. I previously had said it would not work. Today he informed me that when they tested with the TV/RADIO button on the remote they received lots of DAB Channels. He cautioned me also that this will be signal dependent. So I guess that if you are currently receiving strong DAB Signals then the DVB-T receiver will access them as well !

Thanks a Million Tony, You are worth your weight in gold !

Can a dab unit, say the pure highway units be connected , maybe via the vacant tv antenna connectors on the back of the unit and use via the tv option on the menu or am i being stupid? would like a bit of planet rock on the road!!!!

just had a look at wiring again( have taken unit out to send to sean( gps problems), the aux in rca connectors look the favourite option?

picky747 7th November 2010 15:26

The only way to play any external source on these units is via the aux in.

Radioguy 7th November 2010 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by handyjackdaniels (Post 612982)
Can a dab unit, say the pure highway units be connected , maybe via the vacant tv antenna connectors on the back of the unit and use via the tv option on the menu or am i being stupid? would like a bit of planet rock on the road!!!!

just had a look at wiring again( have taken unit out to send to sean( gps problems), the aux in rca connectors look the favourite option?

Our DVB-T receiver is giving DAB

MARKUK 7th November 2010 20:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radioguy (Post 613255)
Our DVB-T receiver is giving DAB

Which was is that Sean ?...

The new one that's coming to me ?...

Have we got anywhere with any of the reception issues etc ?

Radioguy 8th November 2010 01:04

Hi Mark
The One that Tony has, As you know the one that is coming to you is didfferent and I have not sold it before , It SHOULD Give DAB too

Sean

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARKUK (Post 613267)
Which was is that Sean ?...

The new one that's coming to me ?...

Have we got anywhere with any of the reception issues etc ?

StuartB 8th November 2010 07:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radioguy (Post 613527)
Hi Mark
The One that Tony has, As you know the one that is coming to you is didfferent and I have not sold it before , It SHOULD Give DAB too

Sean

Hi Sean/Tony

I think this may need further investigation/clarification as to the best of my knowledge Digital Radio available on Freeview via DVB-T is not DAB Radio, although many stations do broadcast on both platforms.

Cheers

Stuart

tony_fry 8th November 2010 07:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by StuartB (Post 613556)
Hi Sean/Tony

I think this may need further investigation/clarification as to the best of my knowledge Digital Radio available on Freeview via DVB-T is not DAB Radio, although many stations do broadcast on both platforms.

Cheers

Stuart

You might be right Stuart, because I get the radio via the DVB-T unit, I presume it DAB?

handyjackdaniels 8th November 2010 08:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by StuartB (Post 613556)
Hi Sean/Tony

Cheers

Stuart

Yes thats what i was thinking, i get dab stations on my tv through sky, got freeview upstairs and some staions are on there( absolute etc).
Mainly planet rock i was after, which you get on the pure highway units.

StuartB 8th November 2010 08:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony_fry (Post 613564)
You might be right Stuart, because I get the radio via the DVB-T unit, I presume it DAB?

Hi Tony

Yes an easy (and quite common) mistake to make. DAB (Digital Audio Broadcast) is the standard for audio broadcasting whereas DVB (Digital Video Broadcast) is mainly for Television although Freeview does offer some Radio Stations as well.

Radio stations/broadcasters have to pay to be on these services. Some choose to go on both platforms, but others (no doubt due to costs) just go on one or the other.

Cheers

Stuart

tony_fry 8th November 2010 08:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by StuartB (Post 613571)
Hi Tony

Yes an easy (and quite common) mistake to make. DAB (Digital Audio Broadcast) is the standard for audio broadcasting whereas DVB (Digital Video Broadcast) is mainly for Television although Freeview does offer some Radio Stations as well.

Radio stations/broadcasters have to pay to be on these services. Some choose to go on both platforms, but others (no doubt due to costs) just go on one or the other.

Cheers

Stuart

Thanks for the info Stuart, I know on the audio side of the DVB-T unit I get all my fav's I will have to investigate how many stations I can get.

StuartB 8th November 2010 08:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony_fry (Post 613577)
Thanks for the info Stuart, I know on the audio side of the DVB-T unit I get all my fav's I will have to investigate how many stations I can get.

Hi Tony

From Handyjackdaniels comment I don't think Planet Rock is on DVB-T. Traffic Radio is only on DAB. There are some lists available on the internet, but obviously vary from area to area. There are large parts of the country still not covered by local DAB, including my home area (Milton Keynes)

Cheers

Stuart

MARKUK 8th November 2010 18:16

Current Issues....

Guys,

Update on Radio reception in Scotland when using the splitter to run the radio and TMC...BAD !...keeps losing the signal ( Radio 2 ) on the M74, only started to work properly again nearer the town..Was the same on my drive from Washington onto the M6 and then M74...

I had to go to playing MP3's, HOWEVER...about an hour in, came back with DISC ERROR...tried another disc...played 2 tracks then DISC ERROR...( The discs was V hot when ejected ) :confused:

Went from DVD to CD and seemed to work, looks like if your music is on DVD this could be an issue, but on CD not so much...

Will try some more discs on the journey back south on Thursday to see if it happens again...Won't be too happy if I am not able to use DVD's for my MP3's as I like to put a decent choice on one disc...

And I know I have mentioned this before, but was never an issue with my Xtrons single din !

HarryM1BYT 8th November 2010 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARKUK (Post 613852)
Guys,

Update on Radio reception in Scotland when using the splitter to run the radio and TMC...BAD !...keeps losing the signal ( Radio 2 ) on the M74, only started to work properly again nearer the town..Was the same on my drive from Washington onto the M6 and then M74...

I had to go to playing MP3's, HOWEVER...about an hour in, came back with DISC ERROR...tried another disc...played 2 tracks then DISC ERROR...( The discs was V hot when ejected ) :confused:

Went from DVD to CD and seemed to work, looks like if your music is on DVD this could be an issue, but on CD not so much...

Will try some more discs on the journey back south on Thursday to see if it happens again...Won't be too happy if I am not able to use DVD's for my MP3's as I like to put a decent choice on one disc...

And I know I have mentioned this before, but was never an issue with my Xtrons single din !

With so much, stuffed into such a tiny box and not much ventilation, it might be an heat issue. I wonder if it might get even warmer in winter due to the heating ducts being so close to it?

MARKUK 8th November 2010 20:44

Yes it could be a heat issue, my last unit got hot also but never failed..

Have too what I can do about it...

HarryM1BYT 8th November 2010 21:30

Small 12v computer fan to blow air in?

MARKUK 8th November 2010 23:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT (Post 614021)
Small 12v computer fan to blow air in?

Yes, that's what I was thinking...more sucking than blowing though !!! :D

Pull the warm air away rather than try to get cold air in, especially in the winter with the heating on already...

Just need to work out how big a fan and how to mount it. I may also need to make ventilation holes in the casing, but dont want to invalidate my warranty !...

Mr Edd 9th November 2010 07:22

Going back to my computer building days I used to fit a fan with a thermostat that fixed to a hard drive with sticky tape which switched the fan on when it got to a designated heat. 12v duel fans as well, so should be easy to power up through the unit power source via the ignition.

Could be a useful option?

Maybe something that could be incorporated into the unit in manufacture as long as it doesn't introduce interference with the signals.

Edd

Jakg 9th November 2010 07:55

Moving air around is great, but where are you going to get cool air from?

Recirculating warm air doesn't really make a different to temps.

MARKUK 9th November 2010 16:57

That's why it would be better to exaust the air from the unit rather than try and introduce cool air...Will see what I can come up with...

HarryM1BYT 9th November 2010 21:24

Drawing air out, will draw air in via the CD slot, which might cause dust on the CD lens.

MARKUK 9th November 2010 22:24

That would depend on where the exaust is.
If at the side and below the proabably not...

It may have been a one off, will be testing further on Thursday on my journey back south.

RKDE 10th November 2010 13:48

Just fitted this head unit, took a whole 9 minutes to fit and the hardest part was pulling halfords hand work back out... It would appear once upon a time there was an amp under the drivers seat...

Tried it all out and with the exception to changing a setting which made the volume come on full and also getting stuck in the gps menu (read the manual ~ power button :getmecoat:)

Then excited I grabbed a cd push it in, and it went in most the way and stopped... got stumped read the manual and realised the trouble shooting is useless, tried the cd several times, then remembered what the two silver stickers where for... (remove the screws which hold the cd tray in for delivery. This needs to be made even more idiot proof

All fixed and went for a drive - Sat nav is excellent though I don't like it when I press a button and the sound goes to the rear, is there a way to keep the sound through all the speakers and just reduce the volume like when your getting directions?

Seams so far a very nice unit

sratansi 10th November 2010 15:18

is it easy to hook up to the controls on the steering?

RKDE 11th November 2010 09:26

If I fit two screens in the rear off the back of the head unit is it possible to run a dvd for the rear and keep the sat nav on the front? if not I presume its possible to turn the front screen off and just have the rear on?

Cheers

tony_fry 11th November 2010 09:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by RKDE (Post 615371)
If I fit two screens in the rear off the back of the head unit is it possible to run a dvd for the rear and keep the sat nav on the front? if not I presume its possible to turn the front screen off and just have the rear on?

Cheers

You are able to hold down the mute button for a few seconds and it will blank out the head unit screen, hopefully it should not effect the rear screens, the only way is to try it out.

Radioguy 11th November 2010 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by RKDE (Post 615371)

Cheers

Hi Yes, You an watch movies in the rear and Navigate on the Front Screen
And answer to the Other Question is above
Thanks !

190sam 15th November 2010 18:22

double din

Hi just bought one of these units from sean,anyone got an idea of how long it will take to deliver. thanks

tony_fry 16th November 2010 05:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by 190sam (Post 618121)
Hi just bought one of these units from sean,anyone got an idea of how long it will take to deliver. thanks

They take around 5-7 working days to be delivered to your door.

Sean will send you a tracking number as soon as it hits EMS (Delivery Agent) you will be able to track the progress on line.

tony_fry 16th November 2010 06:29

Primo Manual

I have a copy of the manual for Primo, unfortunately I am unable to upload the PDF, but if anyone wants a copy PM me with your email and I will send it to you.

t_i_m 16th November 2010 07:09

Sound Cutting out when lowering volume

Morning All
I have an issue with the sound cutting out completely when lowering the volume. I noticed this was happening on ipod at around volume 4 or 5 however this morning I was using an SD card for the first time and the sound was cutting out at 7, however a traffic announcement came on with the volume at 14 (which I must change) and as soon as I started to turn it down the sound cut out? Each time if I switch the sound right down to 0 when I switch it back up it works correctly i.e I can hear sound at volume 2 or 3? Anyone else had this?

Cheers
Tim
P.S Sean any ideas on the IPOD time out error;)

RKDE 16th November 2010 07:14

I had the same issue, in the sound settings there is a volume that the stereo starts on there is a button at the end of that, if you turn it off it will just start on the volume left on and should stop being silly.

On another note my BT is not loud enough and I have to turn the volume up and then when I hang up I get blown away by the radio. I went into the sound setup off the home screen and set it to +10 but its done nothing... Am I doing something wrong?

Also in primo why does the speed in a 40 change to 64 and go blue when I go through a speed camera?

Soulblighter47 16th November 2010 16:06

Maybe an unit problem: 40 mph = 64km/h

tony_fry 16th November 2010 16:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by RKDE (Post 618569)
Also in primo why does the speed in a 40 change to 64 and go blue when I go through a speed camera?

You need the GJ skin on Primo the speed cams warnings are set on KPH, once the skin is installed they revert back to MPH

HarryM1BYT 16th November 2010 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by t_i_m (Post 618568)
Morning All
I have an issue with the sound cutting out completely when lowering the volume. Anyone else had this?

Cheers
Tim

I noticed that when I first installed it and found the same solution - lowering the volume level to zero and back up. Can't say I've noticed the problem for a while though?

It really needs someone to write a good English manual for it, including all of these quirks ;)

RKDE 16th November 2010 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony_fry (Post 618804)
You need the GJ skin on Primo the speed cams warnings are set on KPH, once the skin is installed they revert back to MPH

Tony,

I have your SD card in the unit and there is some guide that mentions it, is it on the card already? When you say skin is it just changing the colours?

Any basic help would be appreciated

Simondi 17th November 2010 23:15

Just a quick question. Is it possible to receive and listen to radio stations using the digital tv adaptor? Also what is the radio reception like whilst moving?

tony_fry 18th November 2010 07:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by RKDE (Post 619025)
Tony,

I have your SD card in the unit and there is some guide that mentions it, is it on the card already? When you say skin is it just changing the colours?

Any basic help would be appreciated

Hi Richard

The Manual for IGO is in the following link:-

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ghlight=MANUAL

The skin changes the whole look of IGO and adds extra features that are not available with the original set-up of IGO

tony_fry 18th November 2010 08:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simondi (Post 619823)
Just a quick question. Is it possible to receive and listen to radio stations using the digital tv adaptor? Also what is the radio reception like whilst moving?

Hi Simon

Yes in theory you can, but it depends on your DVB-T unit, if the unit has Audo switching between TV and radio.

I have been informed these are NOT DAB, but they are a digital signal.

I have now been through 4 DVB-T units and the first 3 were a waste of time, I now have a twin powered aerial unit from Sean and I get both TV and radio 95% of the time.

RKDE 18th November 2010 08:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony_fry (Post 619884)
Hi Richard

The Manual for IGO is in the following link:-

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ghlight=MANUAL

The skin changes the whole look of IGO and adds extra features that are not available with the original set-up of IGO

Clearly I am too thick for this at the moment I need to have a play. I have read the guide several times and still don't know what I am supposed to be doing? Clearly I am missing where I enter this information and how I go about it... :( I have had a good look around for an option to change the skin and found nothing, friends managed to set the arrow as a cow... I will have a go and see if I can find somewhere to change the skin. I would have thought it would have been done on the card already, oh well

tony_fry 18th November 2010 09:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by RKDE (Post 619892)
Clearly I am too thick for this at the moment I need to have a play. I have read the guide several times and still don't know what I am supposed to be doing? Clearly I am missing where I enter this information and how I go about it... :( I have had a good look around for an option to change the skin and found nothing, friends managed to set the arrow as a cow... I will have a go and see if I can find somewhere to change the skin. I would have thought it would have been done on the card already, oh well

Hi Richard,

If you have one of my cards, but brought it from Sean, it might be a little different to the ones I send out which are pre-loaded with the GJ skin.

Does you head unit have the screen below?

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/a...inScreen-1.jpg

If it does then you have the correct skin loaded, if not PM me with your email address and a contact telephone number then I will talk you through the setup.

RKDE 18th November 2010 09:09

Cheers Tony,

I have just been out and some how found a skin button I set it to the GJ2.18 and managed to sort it out I think? Going to pop back out and look as I know the skin you show seams to be 5.X

What edition is that skin your showing as it looks quite nice!

thank you for the help too. I brought the unit off Carbootboy and he forwarded the card to me so not sure where it came from. I think it is one of yours... though I could be wrong!

So I have gone in and changed both the night skin and the day skin, I went out of the program and back in, it looked different have I now set it up correctly or do I need to do more?

I found the igo8 very simple and have been thrown by the gui on primo, I find it very difficult to navigate through it

Ok just had another look and it would seam the card I have only goes to 2.18? I will drop you my details

tony_fry 18th November 2010 09:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by RKDE (Post 619900)
Cheers Tony,

I have just been out and some how found a skin button I set it to the GJ2.18 and managed to sort it out I think? Going to pop back out and look as I know the skin you show seams to be 5.X

What edition is that skin your showing as it looks quite nice!

thank you for the help too. I brought the unit off Carbootboy and he forwarded the card to me so not sure where it came from. I think it is one of yours... though I could be wrong!

So I have gone in and changed both the night skin and the day skin, I went out of the program and back in, it looked different have I now set it up correctly or do I need to do more?

I found the igo8 very simple and have been thrown by the gui on primo, I find it very difficult to navigate through it

Ok just had another look and it would seam the card I have only goes to 2.18? I will drop you my details

Hi Richard

Are we talking about Primo or IGO? they have completely different skins and interfaces.

IGO is now up to 6.17 and Primo is 2.19