The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Rover 75 fuel pump 130 bhp (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=310460)

Number 6 13th January 2021 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2859429)
The CDT is a dog, I have one. Without doubt the CDT does need a remap but my CDTI and the one I test drove when I got my CDT are noticeably livelier. I would say anyone with a CDTI, should drive around with it for some time, before deciding to remap to 160, however, if they are going to tow a 4/5 birth caravan get it remapped. 2 birth or 3, try is standard and then decide.

macafee2

I had a "Dog" which was remapped to 130,(160 not available at the time) It made a difference from the std 115 but always thought it could be "Better".

Along came the 160 re-map which I had done and the difference is chalk and cheese. Fully recommend the upgrade weather you are towing or not. It is now the car performance wise it should have been from Day 1

Waccer 13th January 2021 18:51

Don't know where that is

trikey 13th January 2021 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waccer (Post 2859474)
Don't know where that is

HU3 2DH
James St
Hull
01482 581221

macafee2 14th January 2021 08:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 6 (Post 2859471)
I had a "Dog" which was remapped to 130,(160 not available at the time) It made a difference from the std 115 but always thought it could be "Better".

Along came the 160 re-map which I had done and the difference is chalk and cheese. Fully recommend the upgrade weather you are towing or not. It is now the car performance wise it should have been from Day 1

OP now has 2 opinions on remapping a CDTI, one recommends and one is not convinced but that is providing mine is standard.
There is also driving style to consider and this must play a major part, I am not aware of a difference between when I drive my remapped cdt and my cdti. I have never wished solo, loaded or with just a 6x4 trailer that my cdti tourer had a remap. Only time is when towing the caravan and so my driving style it would seem, does not make use of the extra power a remap gives under normal driving.

macafee2

COLVERT 14th January 2021 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2859550)
OP now has 2 opinions on remapping a CDTI, one recommends and one is not convinced but that is providing mine is standard.
There is also driving style to consider and this must play a major part, I am not aware of a difference between when I drive my remapped cdt and my cdti. I have never wished solo, loaded or with just a 6x4 trailer that my cdti tourer had a remap. Only time is when towing the caravan and so my driving style it would seem, does not make use of the extra power a remap gives under normal driving.

macafee2

Not so much the power but you should get a slight increase in mpg according to Rovers figures.

Waccer 15th January 2021 14:44

Will check thanks. Tried to put pump back in today but ir all cam out with a load of plastic and pipes . Cannot figure how ot all fits hayhum

Waccer 15th January 2021 15:14

I will check this but in the meantime I have to reinstall pump in tank but loads of plastic and pipes are in the way and I cannot figure where they go.. Any ideas pictures would be of great help

COLVERT 16th January 2021 18:35

There's probably some info in the ---How-To's--- somewhere.----( Always take picts of complicated things.---:duh::duh::duh:

Waccer 20th January 2021 12:01

Update on pump
New pump fitted and working for 3 days
Result. No
Will not start today
No power to pump
I checked plenum as surgested
Small amount of water unblocked pipe
It must be ecu water fault????!!
What to do now
Any advise cheers

trikey 20th January 2021 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waccer (Post 2860810)
Update on pump
New pump fitted and working for 3 days
Result. No
Will not start today
No power to pump
I checked plenum as surgested
Small amount of water unblocked pipe
It must be ecu water fault????!!
What to do now
Any advise cheers

Get in touch with Big Russ, he can sort the problem for you.