The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   My ZT saved my life (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=293708)

grout20 8th March 2019 16:34

Phew. Glad to hear you are "ok".

Look after yourself ...it can take a few days before other aches and pains start coming out.

All the best

John

Sheraton 8th March 2019 17:43

:eek: these Old Bangers aren't too bad when it really matters :bowdown:

I've seen test footage and have always felt confident these cars will sacrifice themselves for us occupants :}

Glad to hear you are relatively well after this ;)

what make was the other car involved ? (hopefully everyone was well in this car too)

Paul.

Kenobi’s Kar 8th March 2019 18:22

More info

Hello there everyone ,

The other chap was relatively ok like me (a bit worse) In His Jaguar x type
With both of us doing 60 mph into each other (120 combined) ,He received a little cut on his nose but other than that as far as I am aware he was doing asbout as well as I was doing.

It’s funny how after being in a major crash like that you suddenly have a new found faith in the engineering and I would buy another one tomorrow however I’m having to wait for insurance related guff

But I’m afraid my ZT is truly stuffed as sad as it is to say .... RIP YG05 OGF

The Pride of longbridge Is most certainly a well earned title

Best regards

Kenobi’s Kar

(George)

Canonite 8th March 2019 20:55

Saw on Facebook too.
Glad both guys are okay, the 25yr old design really did its job of keeping the occupants safe.

Any other photos of the damage to both cars?

stamfordzs 8th March 2019 21:18

Saw that on FB too, looked bad. Good to know both of you walked away. In any other car who knows what may have happened. I designed the airbag folding and assembly cells for the 45/ZS and 75/ZT many years ago. Good to know they did their job.

Terryf 8th March 2019 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamfordzs (Post 2717657)
Wednesday on the A142 my MK2 MG ZT saved my life as unfortunately I had a head-on collision at 60 mph. Thanks to my ZT I only suffered a suspected fractured wrist and abrasions from the seatbelt. I was frequently told if I was in my 1992 fiesta I’d be cream crackered

It looks like you did a good job of it, well done and thanks.:}:}:}

Framps 8th March 2019 21:46

Glad you are ok

Sorry to hear about your accident, I hope you are OK. Good to see the cars did there job and protected you.

Mr bountyfull 8th March 2019 21:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadget1960 (Post 2717527)
Holy moly! ... looks like a huge impact, was the other car doing about the same mph? if so ... that's a massive closing speed! in which case the ZT really did hold it's own very well indeed.
Glad you managed to walk away from that with only minor injuries, how did the other occupants fare?

Glad to see you walked away, luck some may say. From the photo evidence and given it looks almost straight on 5-10 degrees off the closing speed will have been 80-90 mph at impact. I wish you a full and speedy recover.

Regards Steve

ratchet 9th March 2019 06:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenobi’s Kar (Post 2717566)
The other chap was relatively ok like me (a bit worse) In His Jaguar x type
With both of us doing 60 mph into each other (120 combined) ,He received a little cut on his nose but other than that as far as I am aware he was doing asbout as well as I was doing.

Glad to hear that both you and the other driver walked away relatively unscathed - particularly as I own both a ZTT and an X Type estate.

Simondi 9th March 2019 06:36

The cars done its job. It can be replaced, people can't. Glad you're ok:}