The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   I've totalled the beloved but a lucky escape though. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=39612)

Starman 11th June 2009 19:20

Geez James someone was looking after you there!! Seeing that makes me go cold :(

Best of luck to you and your family. Hope they're not too shook up by seeing you and the car like that.

Best of British mate.

<James|Rover> 11th June 2009 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starman (Post 341178)
Geez James someone was looking after you there!! Seeing that makes me go cold :(

Best of luck to you and your family. Hope they're not too shook up by seeing you and the car like that.

Best of British mate.

Whilst I was in hospital the missus had to go to the garage where it had been taken in order to retrieve all my posessions from within. When she was inside getting all my things out and seeing all the blood everywhere she was quite distressed apparently. She took the photos also. Like I said, I feel extremely lucky...really. Makes one take on a whole different perspective at the finite life which we have...humbling...

Thanks to you good folk for your kind words and concern...means a lot.

Dallas 11th June 2009 20:46

Blooming ek! James.... glad you are all right buddy, get well soon mate and find yourself another 75. That one there shore did look after you, me thinks.....

GreyGhost 11th June 2009 22:06

That's a right mess, and you too, thankfully you are able to relate the story. I wish you a speedy recovery and onto your next MGR.
Best wishes.

AURORA MG 11th June 2009 22:13

Blimey, you were lucky. Testiment to the build of the car too! In the picture it looks like the suspension has collapsed? It also looks as though there are many salvageable parts & all the doors look ok.
Are the wheels & tyres salvageable?

I wish you a speedy recovery.

moonstoneboy 12th June 2009 07:52

Quite a mess - I presume your head going through the windscreen was because of not wearing a seatbelt.

hope you have a speedy recovery.

Paul

<James|Rover> 12th June 2009 07:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aurora ZT-T (Post 341338)
Blimey, you were lucky. Testiment to the build of the car too! In the picture it looks like the suspension has collapsed? It also looks as though there are many salvageable parts & all the doors look ok.
Are the wheels & tyres salvageable?

I wish you a speedy recovery.

That's what I had thought too...it was loaded with kit. I was trying to buy it from the insurers but they hawked it off to some salvage company - I guess we'll see it broken and on fleabay soon enough.

majedm75 12th June 2009 11:04

Sorry for the car, but glad you're OK. Speedy recovery wishes

DerekS 12th June 2009 11:28

Hope you have a quick and sucessful recovery from that bad accident.

A question though ..... head hit windscreen .... in spite of seatbelts and airbags ?
Any idea of your speed ?

Get well soon .

<James|Rover> 12th June 2009 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerekS (Post 341565)
Hope you have a quick and sucessful recovery from that bad accident.

A question though ..... head hit windscreen .... in spite of seatbelts and airbags ?
Any idea of your speed ?

Get well soon .

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonstoneboy (Post 341471)
Quite a mess - I presume your head going through the windscreen was because of not wearing a seatbelt.

hope you have a speedy recovery.

Paul

Speaking truthfully, I honestly have no recollection of the accident or even the previous day; only waking up in a hospital. This due to the mild concussion because my head went throught the screen. Indeed a CTI scan showed bleeding in my skull at the front of my brain, which was another concern.
But it is normal, automatic practice for me to always wear a belt. I have not been informed by any of the various emergency services at the scene that I wasn't wearing it on this occasion . Even though the airbags inflated it is probable that either I hit the windscreen before it inflated or I was thrown to one side of it (not too sure of airbag technology to comment really!)
If anyone else can comment on the 100% effectiveness of airbag deployment in such accidents it would be interesting to note.