The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Face-off 'Unions vs. meteors' (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=10142)

Jürgen 3rd October 2007 10:12

My preferred 17" are the Serpents. In case of a 75, not a ZT btw. :lol:

< N I C K > 3rd October 2007 11:12

:shrug: why do I feel guilty that I prefer the Meteors over the Unions.

Here are my reasons why the meteors are better:
-The unions are kind of square-ish. Whereas the rounded Meteors suit the 75's curves.
-The Meteors have a centre cap which covers the bolt wholes.
-The Meteors looking more sporty.
-Better handling from the wider tyres.
-In my Mk.II specification brochure the unions have been dropped. The meteors are still listed.

Don't get me wrong... the unions are fine. But I'm due for new tyres & have been floating the idea of getting meteors for ages. I'm just trying to justify it to myself.

Jürgen 3rd October 2007 11:15

If you like them, get them. It's your personal car in the end. :)

GreyGhost 3rd October 2007 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juergen (Post 90117)

I agree whole heartedly with your sentiment Juergen, other peoples opinions are just that and should in no way sway you from your personal preference. :)

If we all listened to others we'd be driving soul-less Jap tat or Cod forbid a German car. :SHOCKED: :SHOCKED: :SHOCKED: :SHOCKED: :SHOCKED:

< N I C K > 3rd October 2007 11:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juergen (Post 90117)

Yeah, for sure. But I don't want to spoil the look for my 75. Hence why I'm a little conflicted.

Here's my 75 with the current unions:

Jürgen 3rd October 2007 11:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by < N I C K > (Post 90120)
Yeah, for sure. But I don't want to spoil the look for my 75. Hence why I'm a little conflicted.

Here's my 75 with the current unions:

Nice one, Nick.

And as long as you don't go for an aftermarket solution, the chances are good that you don't spoil the look.

< N I C K > 3rd October 2007 11:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey Ghost (Post 90119)
If we all listened to others we'd be driving soul-less Jap tat or Cod forbid a German car. :SHOCKED: :SHOCKED: :SHOCKED: :SHOCKED: :SHOCKED:

Heaven forbid! I like the individuality that comes with owning a 75.

But alloys are a subjective business. For example I very much like GG's 18" alloys on his ZT. I also like the 16" 'baby' version on the Chinese Rovers.

I also like the 16" 7-spoke:

Jürgen 3rd October 2007 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey Ghost (Post 90119)

Then, GG, I'd drive a V* as 21.2% of Germans do ... :D

carlpenn 3rd October 2007 12:27

I hope I didn't make you feel Guilty :(

I love the wheels on my 75, But I am sure that there would be more than 50% of members who dislike them ....... lol.

< N I C K > 3rd October 2007 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlpenn (Post 90141)
I hope I didn't make you feel Guilty :(

I love the wheels on my 75, But I am sure that there would be more than 50% of members who dislike them ....... lol.

:o I actually quite like the crowns. But I agree, probably <50% of member wouldn't like 'em.

(100th post)