The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   I.C.E. Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Which connects 2 adapter? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=323860)

raykay 24th April 2023 12:55

It may depend which connection system is used for the stereo controls and/or the make of stereo.
The Connects2 system is one that does it automatically if it is a listed make that it supports, the OP's is a Pioneer, which is on their list.

hogweed 24th April 2023 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by raykay (Post 2967307)
It may depend which connection system is used for the stereo controls and/or the make of stereo.
The Connects2 system is one that does it automatically if it is a listed make that it supports, the OP's is a Pioneer, which is on their list.

As you can hopefully see from the photo, mine was a Connects2, used with a Sony stereo, but there was no suggestion that it could configure automatically - I think this would have to be a function of the stereo, which mine didn't have...

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...6b34ec442e.jpg

raykay 24th April 2023 18:31

The 'function' is by the Connects2 unit and adapter lead, it converts the output from the switches to an input which is recognised by the stereo. If you look at the link in the OP's first post, there are several different types of Connects2 units for Rovers, which have to be matched with the relevant adapter lead and Rover. A mismatch may be the reason for the failure of the system to work properly.

Roverlike 25th April 2023 04:09

The OP did not mention which Pioneer double din unit he bought. If he mention that we might be in better position to see what might be wrong as on Erisin double din Android driven systems you need to do what Hogweed says - define what steering wheel switch do what, besides you need to connect the wires from steering wheel correctly.
On single din head units you do what Raykay says - but only in case head unit supports steering wheel switches, you can use Connects.2 or similar adapters which will make conversion of resistance values from steering wheel switches into appropriate values for the particular head unit, and with appropriate lead to connect to desired single head unit.

In OP case unless he provides description which Pioneer double din head unit he bought we might not be able to pinpoint the problem as it might fall into category of hogweed or raykay.

raykay 25th April 2023 08:20

Another possible problem with 75s and Connects2 systems is the location of the steering wheel cables (Blue/Orange and Blue/Purple) in the stereo connector.
If the original stereo was a Harmony, they are in the 17 pin BMW connector, if it was a Symphony, they are in the power ISO connector, if it was a later single DIN unit, they are in a separate connector. Each system needs a different Connects2 unit, plus the adapter lead for the stereo.

Stu C 25th April 2023 16:51

Interesting info.... to add some extra info - my radio is a Pioneer sph-da160dab double din radio. The car originally had the hi line system but like my previous 260, I disconnected the hi-line loom and used the ISO connectors. Indeed it has the flat pin type with the blue steering wheel control connector.

My previous double din I didn't need to do anything, but that was old and this being new could be different. I will add when I first installed it, it did work but for some reason it suddenly stopped. There is no menu to program anything steering wheel control oriented in the menu's on the radio?

Now I'm not sure if the connects 2 really is the problem? I have power to the blue connector, and I managed to pop the mode button off the steering wheel and test the wires there, of which I have power.

Could the circuit board of the steering wheel controller be kaput? Horns and cruise control work fine if that helps?