The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   An appeal to help an elder owner in Scotland (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=311784)

Les4048 19th March 2021 07:31

I’m sure Matt and Scott could probably sort out something as they’re both very helpful guys

rab60bit 19th March 2021 08:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbr1100xx (Post 2871965)
Cant help with an arm but willing to chip in some cash to buy one if one cant be sourced, 10 members £10 each wont take long

Stan

No chance me helping out physically (never done the job and I'm over 160 miles away) but count me in for a tenner, just let me know

mininuts 19th March 2021 09:51

Only just seen this, sorry folks :duh:
Can’t help with an arm, only ones I have were off mine and totally knackered.
As for a ‘local’ mechanic.......Dumfries & Galloway covers a massive area so, would need to be more specific.

Also would be happy to chip in a few quid to help out.

Ian G 19th March 2021 10:42

Sorry posted before I'd read opening post correctly..so unable to help

Robson Rover Repair 19th March 2021 13:50

I think we may have sourced some arms folks, I will update in the future. Thank you.

cossie dunc 19th March 2021 19:46

If we can get the car up to me and I’ll do the work foc

Rev Jules 20th March 2021 07:34

I can help with some money if needed, we can all pay for the transport there and back?> Sorted.

Rev.

macafee2 20th March 2021 09:34

I have been so impressed with this tread and contributors, I have posted a few of the comments on another forum, just to show that there are people out there that can restore ones faith in humanity with generosity for a stranger

macafee2

Robson Rover Repair 20th March 2021 12:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by cossie dunc (Post 2872194)
If we can get the car up to me and I’ll do the work foc

I've sent him an email with your number Duncan. Hopefully he gets in touch.

Thunderbolt 20th March 2021 13:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin_NI (Post 2871963)
Folks, I've been contact by an owner in the dumfries and Galloway region of Scotland, contacted me via my YouTube channel.

Poor guy is in bits and needs some help after a phone call to me as he doesn't use forums or Facebook.

Short version drivers side arm has failed on him, and he's in a bit of a pickle. Wouldn't be one for revealing someone's personal info but he really needs help here, but I'd an old used rear arm I was going to post him for free to help him along but it's passenger.

If anyone has a 2nd hand rear arm they would be willing to post to him to get it fitted at a mechanic, or can recommend someone close to him as a reliable Rover mechanic who can fit it for him that would be brilliant. He obviously doesn't want anything for free but he's just in a very tight budget because of his circumstances, much as covid has hit everyone.

Opportunity for local owners here to help him out, loves the 75, has only just got it and looks like he's been sold a car that's less than advertised by a long shot.

I'd say he would be the type would attend events once he's sorted as in his words "best car I've ever owned, but I'm heart broken now".

So folks, call to arms, who in the area is the people to go to or maybe help?

Colin

Well done sir.

I am completely the wrong end of the country, but if I can help in any way let me know, even if it is just a contribution.