The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Creak (and it's not old age) (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=427)

Raistlin 7th November 2006 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken (Post 3292)
Hang on I will put my shoes on and trudge out to the garage to have a look.:D

I'll be back

Ah - bless :)

Thanks mate

Ken 7th November 2006 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike (Post 3291)
If all else fails put the seat furthest back and you will see a screw/bolt - tighten it up :)

What does it tighten Mike?

Mike 7th November 2006 20:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken (Post 3305)
What does it tighten Mike?

The console to the tunnel, so pinches it in a touch. I wouldn't bother unless they are loose but always worth checking

Raistlin 8th November 2006 13:53

Ken

Did you find out what that stuff you used was please?

Ken 8th November 2006 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by raistlin295 (Post 3626)
Ken

Did you find out what that stuff you used was please?

Of course I did Paul :D

I posted it up 5 minutes later on post number 10 mate. Sorry I thought you had seen it

Ken

Ken 8th November 2006 13:58

Sorry paul its Auto Care Silicone Dash SHINE not spray

baxlin 8th November 2006 14:46

Would anyone want the top of the dash to shine? Front face, yes, but top, no. I like mine dark and dull (but spotless of course) to reduce reflections amap. Of course, I may have missed the point (again)

Ken 8th November 2006 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by baxlin (Post 3658)
Would anyone want the top of the dash to shine? Front face, yes, but top, no. I like mine dark and dull (but spotless of course) to reduce reflections amap. Of course, I may have missed the point (again)

I don't either the reason I bought it for the metro is the dash had long deep scuffs in the plastic and to disguise it I put a shine on the dash. It will never go anywhere near the 75 of course.

GreyGhost 8th November 2006 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by baxlin (Post 3658)

A good heads up for those that might be tempted. Worth mentioning just in case any one was daft enough to polish the dash on a 75 or ZT. You would never be able to see out the windscreen for reflections.

Don't do it.

Raistlin 8th November 2006 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken (Post 3628)
Of course I did Paul :D

I posted it up 5 minutes later on post number 10 mate. Sorry I thought you had seen it

Ken

Thank you Ken - In fact I hadn't

The problem with having such a quiet, civilised car is that creaks like this take on a much greater annoyance value ;)