The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Classic car insurance policy. Who do you use? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=317217)

Cantray 12th January 2022 20:58

Gosh that's exceptionally cheap. I will try them

The Rovering Member 13th January 2022 01:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bazzateer (Post 2916167)
I have 4 classics insured with Peter James Insurance inc my new R75. Total cost is about 250 quid with agreed values, unlimited mileage and European breakdown cover. Might be cheaper elsewhere but I've always been happy with them. I believe Peter James was the 'James' in Footman James before he left and set up on his own.

Ah, is that right? I'm with Footman James & have five cars on my policy for £400 with unlimited mileage, the European breakdown has been discontinued. I've had the policy for more years than l care to remember, the price has been fairly static over that time & l've had a couple of claims over the years. So far they won't add the 75 to the policy but l'll try again this year as she's twenty years old now. I don't like limited mileage policies & should be down to four cars this year so l might give Peter Best a try.

steve00136 13th January 2022 06:20

Just moved my multicar insurance to Lancaster. 3000 miles 13k agreed value MGZT SE V8 plus 1500 miles 7k agreed value on my MGB for £262.
Arranged it last year - think you won't get any intro deal for new customers now with new car insurance laws.

Rev Jules 13th January 2022 07:51

I thought if you went with one of these companies you would not be eligible for a no claims discount.
Rev.

Twisterboy 13th January 2022 08:09

I'm on a Multicar policy alongside my wife's car and we are paying something like £400 for both, think mine is £165 for the year doing 5000 miles a year, not commuting as I'm working from home (2004 Conny CDTI), when I got my renewal through from my previous insurer it was going to be about £400 for my 75 alone!

steve00136 13th January 2022 08:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev Jules (Post 2916202)

I thought if you went with one of these companies you would not be eligible for a no claims discount.
Rev.

On my insurance certificate it does say "no claims discount 0%" but still a good price

Bazzateer 13th January 2022 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rovering Member (Post 2916183)
Ah, is that right? I'm with Footman James & have five cars on my policy for £400 with unlimited mileage, the European breakdown has been discontinued. I've had the policy for more years than l care to remember, the price has been fairly static over that time & l've had a couple of claims over the years. So far they won't add the 75 to the policy but l'll try again this year as she's twenty years old now. I don't like limited mileage policies & should be down to four cars this year so l might give Peter Best a try.

Once the resto' of my Sunbeam Imp Sport is completed the insurance will go up a bit to reflect the value.

Bazzateer 13th January 2022 13:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev Jules (Post 2916202)

Rev.

That's the case with mine.

IanMac 13th January 2022 14:46

I have another car on a classic policy with agreed value which works well.

I did also have my 75 on a classic policy until recently when I moved to a regular policy. You don't tend to build-up NCB on a classic policy, and unless there are other reasons for going classic such as having many cars or wanting agreed value, then I found getting a fresh quote each year for a regular policy on CompareTheMeerkat was cheaper than keeping the classic policy, even after dropping back to low NCB and also I'm now building up NCB again on this policy which will be useful if I ever change the 75.

Classic cover works well, but does have some disadvantages and worth also looking at regular quotes on-line as some of these can be good value.

rab60bit 13th January 2022 15:33

I've not looked into Classic vehicle cover as my current comprehensive with Esure is quite reasonable (> £200).
My question however is does qualification for 'Classic' status depend on the actual year of manufacture or on the first year of manufacture of the/a specific model/marque?- I've a Mk2 2004 Contemporary so do I have to wait a couple more years...