The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Discount MG Rover Spares - DMGRS's Shop (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=118)
-   -   Metal clutch slave cylinders - Not long to wait... finally! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=164724)

DMGRS 15th November 2013 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark d3 (Post 1484428)
having owned my 75 for a long time and after putting 3 slaves in her this is excellent news

I agree - half the reason I have an Auto is that I just don't have the time to change a Slave or Master cylinder these days... :)

brianw 16th November 2013 05:38

Brilliant news!:):):)

Is this the one Tazu said was in development?

I hope not to need one yet, but with my CDT approaching 190,000 of which I have done the last 40K I feel my luck may run out soon.

The clutch situation with some slaves failing suddenly and prematurely has been my only real concern about the 75 and it must have caused many to be scrapped.

This metal slave could be a huge step towards securing the long term future of our cars.

rashi_g_h 16th November 2013 07:32

I changed my Master and Slave not long ago.
but would like to keep one in stock for the next time ill need it :D

T-Cut 16th November 2013 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by brianw (Post 1484621)

I'd guess so. There surely can't be a second company developing new parts for the 75/ZT clutch?

TC

DMGRS 16th November 2013 10:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by brianw (Post 1484621)
Brilliant news!:):):)

I hope not to need one yet, but with my CDT approaching 190,000 of which I have done the last 40K I feel my luck may run out soon.

The clutch situation with some slaves failing suddenly and prematurely has been my only real concern about the 75 and it must have caused many to be scrapped.

This metal slave could be a huge step towards securing the long term future of our cars.

It is indeed from Tazu, and I'll be bringing them over the minute I get word they're ready. Once I have a date for them coming over, I'll be taking pre-orders so they can be shipped out as soon as they're with me.

I think it'll save a good few manual cars from getting scrapped - I've seen many in my local yard with clutch fluid dripping out from the bell housing. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by rashi_g_h (Post 1484660)
I changed my Master and Slave not long ago.
but would like to keep one in stock for the next time ill need it :D

Always good to have ready, as I predict demand will be pretty large judging by the interest so far.
Shouldn't be long! :D

gazza190 16th November 2013 16:17

clutch

You can put me down for the first pre order with a good quality clutch kit too.

AGAs 17th November 2013 06:58

This sounds good news! My clutch pedal recently went to the floor. I bled it and all seems ok for now but for how long?

DMGRS 18th November 2013 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGAs (Post 1485607)
This sounds good news! My clutch pedal recently went to the floor. I bled it and all seems ok for now but for how long?

It depends on how bad the leak causing the issue is - you may be fine for months, or a few days. My tourer seemed to alternative between the two of it's own accord... :D

I'd start thinking about having the parts ready for the job. :)

Kyletrek 30th December 2013 19:39

I know it's an old thread but is there any update on these yet as I think my slave is failing having only been in the car 4-5 months and I already have the tazu master which I think is a brilliant design

philjudo 30th December 2013 19:55

The problem with the Tazu metal master cylinders is the pipe that's supplied with them, if there was a plastic flexy type pipe the same as the original MG Rover parts that would sort everything, with the metal pipe supplied the engine gearbox movement eventually breaks the pipe because it has no flex, I was told I'd be lucky to get a year out of the pipe.
I'm waiting to fit the Tazu metal master cylinder I've already bought but I'll wait until a pipe is sorted.

Any update on a flexible pipe????