The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Double Din Navigation Systems (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Navall 3 OS update? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=244902)

aircub 1st June 2016 07:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdi90 (Post 2299874)
My screen is larger so I dont have the small icon / font issue. My unit randomly resets different features; wall paper, satnav pointer, radio stations etc or freezes. 95% of the time a normal shut down cycle sorts it but the 5% requiring a battery disconnect is a right royal pain in the butt.

After Sean sent me a replacement my unit has been stable most of the time. It loses Google login every now and again and I can live with that. However the glare on the unit combined with the very small font size means that a
Music player ls unusable when driving because with my eyes I just can't see the small text on the screen without glasses.

Ravinder 1st June 2016 23:44

Unfortunately, the glare is unforgivable on these units. Most of the time, I cannot see a thing on it.

tdi90 2nd June 2016 21:23

Tbf, all aftermarket H/U screens will have more glare than OEM units.
The nav3 in mine is unreadable at times although half of the cause of that is it doesnt fit in the dash correctly. If this one lasts longer than the the previous universal nav2 (8 months), and the bugs get sorted then I'll modify the dash so it fits correctly.

Annnnyyyyhhhhhooooooooo, update? Anyone seen it?

aircub 2nd June 2016 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdi90 (Post 2302454)
Tbf, all aftermarket H/U screens will have more glare than OEM units.
The nav3 in mine is unreadable at times although half of the cause of that is it doesnt fit in the dash correctly. If this one lasts longer than the the previous universal nav2 (8 months), and the bugs get sorted then I'll modify the dash so it fits correctly.

Annnnyyyyhhhhhooooooooo, update? Anyone seen it?

We may have to accept that the OS update never comes. It is on other units and even the Navall 2, but i suspect that some of the internal addons are causing Sean problems in stability. If this is the case then id rather have a stable old OS than a buggy new one.

klarzy 2nd June 2016 22:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by aircub (Post 2301194)
After Sean sent me a replacement my unit has been stable most of the time. It loses Google login every now and again and I can live with that. However the glare on the unit combined with the very small font size means that a
Music player ls unusable when driving because with my eyes I just can't see the small text on the screen without glasses.

Go to your local picture framers and get some anti glare film that they use on portrait pics...it puts a satin finish on the screen that is glare free..

tdi90 16th June 2016 05:38

A quick wee bump as I see Radioguy's been online :D

aircub 19th June 2016 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdi90 (Post 2311421)
A quick wee bump as I see Radioguy's been online :D

From Seans own website, so maybe soon we shall have to see.

Quote:

The Navall 3 AND the Navall star are both Android 4.4 at the moment. The Navall 3 has the capability of Android 5.1 , because it has a faster processor and 2GB Ram which is capable of handling 5.1, The Navall star does not. It has a 1.2GHZ Processor and 1GB ram , But Android 6.0 is much lighter and able to function well with it. Even googles own Nexus had issues with the 5.1 with 1GB RAM and most that upgraded , went back to 4.4 but those same units work well on 6.0.

tdi90 20th June 2016 00:27

:getmecoat: :getmecoat: :getmecoat:

aircub 30th June 2016 08:14

Sean, is there a timeline as to when an update maybe available for the Navall 3.??

aircub 26th July 2016 08:52

BUMP.

Sean, any more news on this update, you have alot of loyal Navall 3 fans out there waiting patiently ;);)