The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Bought a 75 at last (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=282144)

Spongebob 19th April 2018 18:02

She is only 5ft tall. Lol. I think a spacer out of box steel in between the seat runner and the floor. Longer bolts. That's the plan, unless anyone can come up with an alternative. This is why I like electric seats. She has had 2 new hips so will need to sit in the correct position. Apart from that she is like Kelly Holmes about the place since the new parts.

stocktake 19th April 2018 18:07

try to obtain an electric drivers seat out of a LHD it will have height adjustment ;). passenger seats with height adjustment do exist but are not common.

Spongebob 19th April 2018 18:12

Now why didn't I think of that. Good idea. I The search starts but I'm not too confident of finding one.
Thanks for the idea though.

trikey 19th April 2018 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spongebob (Post 2621250)
Now why didn't I think of that. Good idea. I The search starts but I'm not too confident of finding one.

Thanks for the idea though.

Put an ad in the overseas section, some of our Dutch members may be able to assist.

Spongebob 19th April 2018 20:18

Thanks for your help and input

smudge.g 20th April 2018 12:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by stocktake (Post 2621245)
try to obtain an electric drivers seat out of a LHD it will have height adjustment ;). passenger seats with height adjustment do exist but are not common.

Blimey, had my Tourer for coming up to a year and never knew the passenger seat electric adjustment was just front/back!!! The things you learn on here....:)

Spongebob 21st April 2018 10:21

Anyone know of some decent seat covers for the 75 are the best.

I have devised a plan with shaped memory foam to raise the passenger seat up higher but will need some decent seat covers to finish it off

oswestryalex 21st April 2018 21:53

Oddly enough I noticed there is a difference in seat height between the Rovers and the MG ZTs - my Rover has a fairly high seating position, but the MG ZT you are hunkered down as though in a Spitfire (Battle of Britain, not BLMC...) which is very atmospheric for the sportier feel. It may be worth checking seat types, as clearly the Rover I have gives a 'commanding' view, so it may vary between years, perhaps?

Spongebob 21st April 2018 23:24

My passenger seat is very low. No good for the Mrs although the car i like very much.

Dorchester2 22nd April 2018 04:43

Same impression in mine. Mrs is rather worried to be sat so low.
Doesn't seem that the 75 seats are that higher than the ZT ones.