The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   receipts for parts supplied by garage (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=320416)

another_clean_sheet 8th August 2022 14:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2941895)
First you need to look at the first post, the question at the end and the first word of my reply. Dont miss that I refer to "Their" receipt as in the one between the garage and their supplier. It is this receipt as you say and I mean that may show what discount the garage got and it is not for the customer to see.
The receipt I expect the customer to get, lists the items used and the price that the customer is being charged.

macafee2

The confusion is the way you have written #2.
The first sentence says "the receipt" when you mean the invoice which the garage gives you.
One will never see or expect to see the invoice from the supplier to the garage. There is no reason for the garage to pass on the discount as somewhere they have to recover the cost of material handling.

macafee2 8th August 2022 15:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by another_clean_sheet (Post 2941898)
The confusion is the way you have written #2.
The first sentence says "the receipt" when you mean the invoice which the garage gives you.
One will never see or expect to see the invoice from the supplier to the garage. There is no reason for the garage to pass on the discount as somewhere they have to recover the cost of material handling.

According to a Google search I did, an invoice is a request for payment, a receipt is the proof of payment. The OP used the term receipt, it makes it easier in my opinion if replies follow suit. We do not know if the garage received an invoice or a receipt.

macafee2

another_clean_sheet 8th August 2022 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2941903)
According to a Google search I did, an invoice is a request for payment, a receipt is the proof of payment. The OP used the term receipt, it makes it easier in my opinion if replies follow suit. We do not know if the garage received an invoice or a receipt.

macafee2

The OP used the expression of "receipt/proof of purchase"
As he has written it receipt could be a packing slip with the parts detailed on it, Proof of puchase would be an invoice from parts supplier.
As subsequent posts prooved (#3,4,5) your reply confused other members.

macafee2 8th August 2022 15:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by another_clean_sheet (Post 2941905)
The OP used the expression of "receipt/proof of purchase"
As he has written it receipt could be a packing slip with the parts detailed on it, Proof of puchase would be an invoice from parts supplier.
As subsequent posts prooved (#3,4,5) your reply confused other members.

Bored now, 3 and 4 do not seem confused but of course they may be, I can't tell you why 5 is confused.

You can have the last word as I will not be adding anything else.:D

macafee2

another_clean_sheet 8th August 2022 16:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2941907)
Bored now, 3 and 4 do not seem confused but of course they may be, I can't tell you why 5 is confused.

You can have the last word as I will not be adding anything else.:D

macafee2

You confused them all, as they all think you meant the price the garage paid for the parts rather than the price you are being invoiced.

MSS 9th August 2022 00:31

I am often confused - in fact life often seems like a permanent state of confusion.

But, on this occasion, I was perfectly clear on what was meant in post #2. :D

DMGRS 9th August 2022 16:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by postbasher (Post 2941721)
Hey all, wondered what members thoughts were on this...a garage supplying new parts but not showing any kind of recipt/proof of purchase....ofcourse its understood that some things like oil will be in bulk but those things that are not...do you ask to see a receipt?

No, because the garage are under no obligation to disclose what they paid for parts to the customer (much as Asda won't tell you what they paid for bread that week).

I would however expect a receipt from the garage with the parts listed and itemised pricing from their point of view, but not from their supplier. :)
We supply a lot of garages, and wouldn't expect any of them to disclose deals / discounts they receive.

MSS 9th August 2022 16:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMGRS (Post 2942026)
We supply a lot of garages, and wouldn't expect any of them to disclose deals / discounts they receive.

So, are you saying that members here do not get the best deals from you? :eek::D

mileshawk56 9th August 2022 18:54

What you get is an invoice, you pay an invoice which should/will list the parts fitted and the cost they charge to you. The garage may give you when you pay a receipt,for instance a cc or debit card ticket or if you pay in cash the invoice would be endorsed by the garage with details of your payment. What they pay is their business as others have said. Chris.S.

sworks 10th August 2022 06:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSS (Post 2942030)
So, are you saying that members here do not get the best deals from you? :eek::D

Wether garages in the trade get ‘trade’ discount rather than members is irrelevant, this is how the supply chain works. A garage will buy more than an enthusiastic owner. I don’t think any members can complain about DMGRS prices..... :D