The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Discount MG Rover Spares - DMGRS's Shop (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=118)
-   -   Metal clutch slave cylinders - Not long to wait... finally! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=164724)

tjz 31st December 2013 13:44

What's a "pig-tail"?...

sytneraudi10 31st December 2013 13:49

Ive read nothing but good things about this so when the master becomes available I will purchase both then just need the best clutch kit itself.

DMGRS 31st December 2013 13:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by sytneraudi10 (Post 1527713)
Ive read nothing but good things about this so when the master becomes available I will purchase both then just need the best clutch kit itself.

I take it you mean slave? :D
I'll be supplying it with the Borg clutch kits - I still believe they're the best out there for our cars.

HarryM1BYT 31st December 2013 15:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjz (Post 1527707)
What's a "pig-tail"?...

It a curly thing on the rear end of a pig :icon_lol:

Seriously....

If you take a pipe or cable from a fixed object into/ onto another object which has some movement, the correct way to do it would be - rather than taking the pipe direct, to put a coil in the pipe. The more turns in the coil, the more movement it will allow without it fracturing as the two ends move about in relation to each other. Not as good as a proper flexible pipe, but better than nothing.

As it uses standard brake pipe, it would be easy enough to replace the too short to put a pig tail in pipe, with a longer one assuming you had access to a brake pipe flaring tool.

philjudo 12th February 2014 12:44

New Tazu master cylinder fitted, imagination maybe but it feels a tad lighter and a more positive feel, well recommended.
Replaced a plastic one which has lasted about 18 months from the last M/C change just hoping that the slave lasts.

DMGRS 12th February 2014 12:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by philjudo (Post 1574133)
New Tazu master cylinder fitted, imagination maybe but it feels a tad lighter and a more positive feel, well recommended.
Replaced a plastic one which has lasted about 18 months from the last M/C change just hoping that the slave lasts.

I noticed the same thing - they feel excellent don't they! :)
So glad we're moving on from the plastic items. If only it was a few years ago, I'd be a good few hundred pounds better off!

Number 6 12th February 2014 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMGRS (Post 1574140)
I noticed the same thing - they feel excellent don't they! :)
So glad we're moving on from the plastic items. If only it was a few years ago, I'd be a good few hundred pounds better off!

Interesting post...........So when will the slaves be here?or have I missed it in the postings:}

DMGRS 12th February 2014 14:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 6 (Post 1574191)
Interesting post...........So when will the slaves be here?or have I missed it in the postings:}

I'm still waiting for those with baited breath - although to be honest, the need isn't as great as the Master cylinder - with those, LUK were the only manufacturer with no other option.

We have plenty of aftermarket Slave cylinders available - I've sold many of the Borg & Beck kits and haven't had a single one back as faulty in the whole time I've done so. Definitely a good sign... :)

peckster123 12th February 2014 14:50

brill i pre order one with new quality clutch kit got 51 plate cdt

DMGRS 12th February 2014 15:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by peckster123 (Post 1574235)
brill i pre order one with new quality clutch kit got 51 plate cdt

When they arrive, I'll be pairing them up with Borg & Beck clutches as you'd expect. If you're fitting a long-lasting part, you want a decent clutch to match. :)