The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What I did with my Rover 75/MG ZT today? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=172123)

oxfordblue75 17th March 2019 14:07

Years of ebay scanning finally paid off ;)

marinabrian 17th March 2019 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by oxfordblue75 (Post 2719736)
Years of ebay scanning finally paid off ;)

These ones by any chance?

LINK

If these are the wheels in question, they will look nice once they've been refurbished and diamond cut :drool4:

I was in Redcar last week too :getmecoat:

Brian :D

oxfordblue75 17th March 2019 19:02

Yes that's the ones , the spare although tatty is the original diamond cut finish which looks amazing so need put the refurb next on the list ;)

p2roverman 17th March 2019 20:37

Looked for a 'clonk' on hard braking or going over a pothole, also thought the steering was a bit vague.
Found the rubber from the housing at the rear of the front lower suspension arm had completely gone.
I do have one to fit, but along with this apparently unsolvable power steering fluid leak decided to start using the spare 75 instead. Unused since August I hope it will do 150 miles to Birmingham airport tomorrow.

Brunty 17th March 2019 20:45

Followed advice from forum regarding the chrome surround on my drivers side door handle coming loose. Tonight put Bostic on it and a pencil to hold it in place as suggested. Will see in a day or so if it has worked.

Raspberrycai 18th March 2019 17:31

Today I upgraded my light Oak dash to real walnut. So far it's the biggest job I've done on my car, and although it's a small job I'm quite pleased I managed to do it. when I disassembled the centre console I couldn't put the cigarette lighter back together because for some reason I was trying to force the lighter flap into the console with the locking pin in... It was only after a sleep I realised what a nunpty I'd been and that I'd spent 3 hours trying to force something into somewhere it wasn't meant to go!

The panels took a hell of a lot more force than I expected to push into place, but re-assembly was actually easier than taking it apart in the first place. All I have to do now is install the airbag panel as I didn't have the right tool to remove the fascia.

I do really think that MG Rover could have invested in some longer wires to make wiring up the cigarette lighter and clock easier!

jackatesme 18th March 2019 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raspberrycai (Post 2720053)
Today I upgraded my light Oak dash to real walnut. So far it's the biggest job I've done on my car, and although it's a small job I'm quite pleased I managed to do it. when I disassembled the centre console I couldn't put the cigarette lighter back together because for some reason I was trying to force the lighter flap into the console with the locking pin in... It was only after a sleep I realised what a nunpty I'd been and that I'd spent 3 hours trying to force something into somewhere it wasn't meant to go!

The panels took a hell of a lot more force than I expected to push into place, but re-assembly was actually easier than taking it apart in the first place. All I have to do now is install the airbag panel as I didn't have the right tool to remove the fascia.

I do really think that MG Rover could have invested in some longer wires to make wiring up the cigarette lighter and clock easier!

Done same job on mine,found clipping the cable on to the fresh air wheel was a pain.:D

Eddy600 18th March 2019 19:53

New pair of tyres arrived in time before heading off to the caravan with the kids for the week, could I find the locking wheel nut anywhere? Nope :duh: luckily the local tyre place removed them without much fuss for £10 a nut still kicking myself for losing it the wheels haven't had to come off since they went on about 15000 miles ago it is a mystery :shrug:

CimmaronG 19th March 2019 14:16

Took her for her MOT, she passed, three advisories though. Well pleased.:D

roverbarmy 19th March 2019 15:55

Lifted the rear end up high and started to wire brush, apply plus gas, free off, then coppaslip and re-attach all the fixings on the brakes and suspension components ready for the upper arm replacements. Off side done, stopped for a cuppa and a slice of cake and then it looks a bit black over't'wife's mother's, so axle stands out, wheel back on and jack down. Tomorrow is another day!:} (Assuming that I don't seize up overnight!):duh: