The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nice Car mate :) (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=29004)

stocktake 12th November 2008 10:57

Nice Car mate :)

Thats what the MOT man said when he gave me the keys back with my 13 month MOT

Boy was I smiling on the way home, now shall I buy those OEM mk1 xenons I've been offered ? (£220)

I am led to believe from a very reliable source that if you have projectors with good bulbs there is not much difference between those and xenons.
But I have the standard 1999 lenses with HID conversion units. lighting is good but they do not look the part so much.

What do others think?

BigRuss 12th November 2008 12:37

Glad to see it passed O.K. Dave, go on treat yourself to the Xenons you know you want to ;)

Good price, have they got two sets?:D

Russ

tourerfogey 12th November 2008 12:53

I think I could find something more worthwhile to spend £220 on . . .

;)

windrush 12th November 2008 13:28

Well done Dave go on treat yourself

jim_mcglynn 12th November 2008 16:17

Mine passed today too! He said "Nothing wrong with that beast mate, it's a great car. Sounds good too". Hooray! :hurray:

stocktake 12th November 2008 16:37

Same time, same place next year Jim? :D

willshot 13th November 2008 11:19

Congratulations, Dave. That's that for another year.

jim_mcglynn 13th November 2008 19:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by stocktake (Post 251559)
Same time, same place next year Jim? :D

Ha! Yeah. See you here.

afcbadam 13th November 2008 19:40

the standard xenon lights are a well worth upgrade imho

Tatts 13th November 2008 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by stocktake (Post 251480)
Thats what the MOT man said when he gave me the keys back with my 13 month MOT

Boy was I smiling on the way home, now shall I buy those OEM mk1 xenons I've been offered ? (£220)

I am led to believe from a very reliable source that if you have projectors with good bulbs there is not much difference between those and xenons.
But I have the standard 1999 lenses with HID conversion units. lighting is good but they do not look the part so much.

What do others think?

Nice one! I seem to remember you worrying that your brake pipes may be a problem....

stocktake 13th November 2008 19:58

Aye, last year I was underneath and they are original but OK. Just bare metal no protection. MOT man said best get them protected.

Younger brother was ordered underneath with the waxoil, must have done a good job.

Negotiated the price of the Xenons down to £180. Boy am I tempted now but my Tax is due end of month :(

Tatts 13th November 2008 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by stocktake (Post 251963)
Younger brother was ordered underneath

Does he sweep yer chimney too??! :D

trebor 13th November 2008 20:15

Nice one Dave, we dont get enough compliments on our motors so enjoy it !

As for projectors with the right bulbs being close to xenons that interests me as i have projectors, but any idea which bulbs to try ?

stocktake 13th November 2008 20:58

You have a pm Rob

stocktake 14th November 2008 17:24

Just read my last reply and it seems like I want to keep the info a secret. The info was given to me Via PM and in my opinion they are just that Private Messages. :)

Here is the PM with the Accused names removed

Hi Dave
I don't have xenons but was able to make a direct comparison when I drove *****'* ZT with them on a dark and rainy night. Mine are projectors with the Phillips Brilliance bulbs....and the difference was absolutely minimal...I would not invest my own money in upgrading!

Rgds

Hope that is clear to all :)