The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Regional Events Forum: The North East (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   Walworth Castle - Sunday 14 April 2019 (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=292702)

Fusilier 7th February 2019 22:21

Walworth Castle - Sunday 14 April 2019

I have now got the details for the meet/lunch planned at Walworth Castle, on Sunday 14 April 2019, and the agenda for the day will be to arrive at Walworth Castle at around 1000 hrs and we will be parked at the rear of the Castle in our own area, with the gardens at our disposal.

(Hopefully a lot warmer than last years snow), and then depending on numbers we will have two sittings for Lunch.

One at 1200 hrs, and a second sitting at 1315 hrs, in the separate Dining Room to the normal one which is used by the general public

I have again negotiated a price of £10 per head for the Sunday Carvery Meal, and we will of course also be joined by the Durham MG Club members (as we did last year).

On the day there will be a number of prizes awarded to the cars in attendance, as we had last year (which were mostly won by 75/ZT owners)

If you would like to attend then please confirm you are planning on attending, Note: once we have made payment to the Castle, which will be done in advance (normally around 4 days before), then you will need to pay me, if for whatever reason you cannot attend, as I will be making payment in advance.

On arrival you will be handed an envelope with the following items contained inside:

Meal Ticket/s
Voting Form
Windscreen Pass

At around 1400 hrs can you ensure that you have completed your voting form and pass it to me, so that I can then count up the votes, and at around 1500 hrs we will award Prizes

This was the Thread from last year

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=276143

Attendance List

75Rog and Son Chris
Actros
Alikris
BigD and Gloria
Blackrose and Carole
Bluejon and Silvervixen
Bororover
Bri and Pink Dutchess
Elroy and Son
Fusilier
G20Stu
Good Mojo (veggie)
Graham 1961
Marinabrian
Manxierover
Myfirstrover
Paul Boardman and Sue
Pye81 + Wife and 2 Children
Rev Jules + 1
Rover 75 Tourer and Kay
RPWC
Slokie
Stocktake and Marina (veggie x 1)
Suzublu (tbc)

regards

Stuart

actros 8th February 2019 11:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fusilier (Post 2709496)
I have now got the details for the meet/lunch planned at Walworth Castle, on Sunday 14 April 2019, and the agenda for the day will be to arrive at Walworth Castle at around 1000 hrs and we will be parked at the rear of the Castle in our own area, with the gardens at our disposal.

(Hopefully a lot warmer than last years snow), and then depending on numbers we will have two sittings for Lunch.

One at 1200 hrs, and a second sitting at 1315 hrs, in the separate Dining Room to the normal one which is used by the general public

I have again negotiated a price of £10 per head for the Sunday Carvery Meal, and we will of course also be joined by the Durham MG Club members (as we did last year).

On the day there will be a number of prizes awarded to the cars in attendance, as we had last year (which were mostly won by 75/ZT owners)

If you would like to attend then please confirm you are planning on attending, Note: once we have made payment to the Castle, which will be done in advance (normally around 4 days before), then you will need to pay me, if for whatever reason you cannot attend, as I will be making payment in advance.

On arrival you will be handed an envelope with the following items contained inside:

Meal Ticket/s
Voting Form
Windscreen Pass

At around 1400 hrs can you ensure that you have completed your voting form and pass it to me, so that I can then count up the votes, and at around 1500 hrs we will award Prizes

This was the Thread from last year

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=276143

Attendance List

Fusilier

regards

Stuart

Hi can you put my name down please

Fusilier 8th February 2019 11:12

[QUOTE=actros;2709595]Hi can you put my name down please[/QUOTE

Brian

Added to the list

Stu

suzublu 8th February 2019 11:17

Might get there this year Stu, if my head gasket holds up:duh::D:D

RPWC 8th February 2019 14:45

Yes please Stu, I will ask Roger and Ali if they want to come again too.

Fusilier 8th February 2019 17:10

Walworth Castle

List updated, and thanks for supporting the event

Regards

Stu

Rover 75 Tourer 8th February 2019 18:48

Walworth castle

Intending going to POL on the Saturday and all being well I will be with you on the Sunday:D

75RogP 9th February 2019 18:31

Hi Stu, please put me and my son (Chris) down. Cheers Roger.

RPWC 9th February 2019 19:11

Add Graham 1961 please Stu, and Alikris as a tbc same with Slokie tbc

Fusilier 10th February 2019 11:32

Walworth Castle

Just as a notice to members that the cut off date for entry to this event will be Thur 4 April, as I have to visit Walworth on 5 April 2019, to pay in advance for the Lunch meals

Regards

Stu

pye81 10th February 2019 19:18

Walworth castle

Stu.

please put me down for this event thank you, the wife and 2 children will also be attending :D

Rover 75 Tourer 10th February 2019 21:13

Walworth castle

Forgot Kay will also be wih me:getmecoat:

good_mojo 11th February 2019 19:58

I will be there but my other half seems to have alternative plans.

Fusilier 12th February 2019 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by good_mojo (Post 2710660)
I will be there but my other half seems to have alternative plans.

Scott

Added to the list, and will be good to catch up

Stu

Paul Boardman 14th February 2019 08:17

Walworth

Hi Stu, put me and Sue on the list.

Fusilier 14th February 2019 10:56

Qalworth Castle

Paul

On list, and was good to catch up last night and Durham MG Club

Regards

Stu

marinabrian 14th February 2019 21:01

As I won't be able to make POL due to family commitments, I'd like to go to this please Stu.

Cheers

Brian :D

Fusilier 14th February 2019 22:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2711465)
As I won't be able to make POL due to family commitments, I'd like to go to this please Stu.

Cheers

Brian

Added to the list, and I will be taking the Gruple Hearse as you call it

Stu

manxierover 15th February 2019 19:28

Walworth Castle Rally

Hi Stuart
Please put me down for Walworth.

Regards

Max

Manxierover

Fusilier 17th February 2019 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by manxierover (Post 2711620)
Hi Stuart
Please put me down for Walworth.

Regards

Max

Manxierover

Max

Added to the list

Stu

Slokie 17th February 2019 18:29

Walworth Castle

Hi Stu Include me please as I will have the MG on the road by then. cheers Slokie

Bluejon 19th February 2019 18:45

Bluejon & Silvervixen Please.

Many Thanks.....John & Jan.

Fusilier 19th February 2019 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluejon (Post 2712927)
Bluejon & Silvervixen Please.

Many Thanks.....John & Jan.

John

Added to the list

Stu

stocktake 19th February 2019 19:28

Should be able to make this Stu, ( Marina and I)
Is there a vegetarian option for Marina like there wasn't last year :D :laughing2:

Fusilier 19th February 2019 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by stocktake (Post 2712942)
Should be able to make this Stu, ( Marina and I)
Is there a vegetarian option for Marina like there wasn't last year :D :laughing2:

Dave

As I mentioned to you last year there should have been a Veggie option, but seems the chef forgot it. I am going to see them next month and again in early April, and will express that there must be a Veggie option for you and your good lady and also for a couple of others as well

Stu

BRI 19th February 2019 20:30

Add us to the list please Stu
Thanks Bri

Fusilier 19th February 2019 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRI (Post 2712968)
Add us to the list please Stu
Thanks Bri

Bri

and so done my good man

Stu

Blackrose 2nd March 2019 19:14

Carole and I should be able to make this one Stu.

Cheers Blackrose (Steve)

Fusilier 5th March 2019 06:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackrose (Post 2716100)
Carole and I should be able to make this one Stu.

Cheers Blackrose (Steve)

Steve

Added to the list, and will be good to see you

Stu

Alikris 13th March 2019 09:36

Hi, sorry I'm late, I tend to hibernate over the winter. Can you add me to the list please.

Thanks, Ali.

elroy 28th March 2019 23:27

hi Stu could you add me +one please, bringing the youngest with me, cheers :}

Rev Jules 30th March 2019 09:35

Hi Stuart is it to late to put our names down for this one please.

Cheers

Rev Jules. + One

RPWC 30th March 2019 09:42

Be good to see you in our neck of the woods Jules.;)

Rev Jules 30th March 2019 09:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPWC (Post 2723163)
Be good to see you in our neck of the woods Jules.;)

Cheers Mate.
Just thought I would add a bit of Southern class to one of your meets. :D LOL!

Rev

Fusilier 30th March 2019 10:41

Walworth Castle

List updated, and next Friday, will be going to Walworth Castle to pay in advance for the cost of the meals, so please be aware that once I have paid for the meals, then we do not get any refunds, so that means you will be committed to pay.

Looking forward to this meet, and hopefully a very good day out will be had by all

Regards

Stu

Rev Jules 30th March 2019 12:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fusilier (Post 2723175)
List updated, and next Friday, will be going to Walworth Castle to pay in advance for the cost of the meals, so please be aware that once I have paid for the meals, then we do not get any refunds, so that means you will be committed to pay.

Looking forward to this meet, and hopefully a very good day out will be had by all

Regards

Stu

Hi Stu, Do I need to send you any money up front for the meals.

Rev

Fusilier 30th March 2019 13:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev Jules (Post 2723196)
Hi Stu, Do I need to send you any money up front for the meals.

Rev

Jules

Pay me on the day, when you arrive, you will be given an envelope, with tickets for the meal, voting form and then that is when you pay me

Hope that helps

Stu

Rev Jules 30th March 2019 13:35

We are actually staying in the hotel there Sat and Sun, anybody else??

Rev

RPWC 30th March 2019 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev Jules (Post 2723207)

We are actually staying in the hotel there Sat and Sun, anybody else??

Rev

Money folk lol

Rev Jules 31st March 2019 07:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPWC (Post 2723268)
Money folk lol

I must be fair my congregation is very good to me with their generous donations, plus all the good people out there who go out to work and keep my pensions topped up, my extreme gratitude to you all. :bowdown: :D LOL!

Rev

Fusilier 2nd April 2019 13:38

Walworth Castle - Sun 14 Apr 2019

Just as a reminder, that I will be going to Walworth Castle on Friday morning to make payment in advance for the Carvery lunch, so can you please confirm if you cannot attend for whatever reason, so that we don't pay for any member who are unable to attend

I have done a number of prizes for the show, and these will be awarded at approximately 1500 hrs, after all meals have been consumed and voted slips counted up.

The agenda for the day is as follows:

Arrive anytime from 1000 hrs onwards, and no later than 1130 hrs

Cars will be parked up in different classes, as we also have 12 cars from Durham MG Club attending, and 20 of our cars attending, and then can you please collect your meals tickets for the Cavery, together with Voting form and then pay the appropriate amount to me.

Meals will be served in two sittings

1st Sitting at 1200 hrs
2nd Sitting at 1315 hrs

I have tried as best as I can to arrange for Durham MG to attend the first sitting and our forum members to attend the second sitting, as I believe that this is the best option

Can you please hand your voting form to be by 1315 hrs to enable to me to count the votes

Prize Giving will be at 1500 hrs and then members are free to leave if they so wish

Many thanks

Stuart

Just a couple of Admin points:

We have not booked any additional rooms in the hotel, other than the dining room for the Carvery Lunch, so can you please only use the hotel facilities for toilets, or to get a cup of coffee, but we do have use of the seating areas in the grounds of the hotel.

No Barbeques or open fires are allowed

Please do not drive on the grassed area

bigd 2nd April 2019 15:02

walworth castle

Hi Stu I know its last minute but can you book us in for the lunch we will call in on the way back from POL

2ND sitting might be the best option cheers

Derek /Gloria:bowdown::bowdown:

Fusilier 2nd April 2019 20:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigd (Post 2723923)
Hi Stu I know its last minute but can you book us in for the lunch we will call in on the way back from POL

2ND sitting might be the best option cheers

Derek /Gloria:bowdown::bowdown:

Derek

No problem

Stu

BoroRover 3rd April 2019 20:26

Hi Stu. Sorry to be so late in the day, but could you add me to the list please ?

It will be my first visit to a club meet.

I saw earlier, I can pay on the day. I would be very obliged if I could be included.

myfirstrover 4th April 2019 11:21

Sadly I don't have a car to show but can I put my name down please ? many thanks Jon

Fusilier 4th April 2019 13:15

Walworth Castle - Sun 14 Apr

Gents, no problem, both added to the list

Stu

bigd 4th April 2019 13:38

Walworth castle

Please remember to put our names on the list cheers

Many thanks too

Derek/Gloria

Fusilier 4th April 2019 13:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigd (Post 2724394)
Please remember to put our names on the list cheers

Many thanks too

Derek/Gloria

Derek

Sorry, but missed you off, but added you to my other list, which I am handing into Walworth, but have also now added you to the list at Thread #1

Stu

Comfortably Numb 4th April 2019 17:47

Dunno why I didn't see this event earlier, as I sadly missed it last year due to the A66 being closed with snow. And NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-'s law, I've also arranged provisionally a 4x4 camping meet in the Peak District for that weekend, DEPENDENT ON WEATHER. So my question is, Stu, IF the 4x4 event is called off last minute, will I be able to turn up at Walworth and park up with the Rovers on payment of the standard admission charge? I'll just bring my own scran and sit outside while you all dine in style in the banqueting hall!

Fusilier 5th April 2019 09:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Comfortably Numb (Post 2724449)
Dunno why I didn't see this event earlier, as I sadly missed it last year due to the A66 being closed with snow. And NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-'s law, I've also arranged provisionally a 4x4 camping meet in the Peak District for that weekend, DEPENDENT ON WEATHER. So my question is, Stu, IF the 4x4 event is called off last minute, will I be able to turn up at Walworth and park up with the Rovers on payment of the standard admission charge? I'll just bring my own scran and sit outside while you all dine in style in the banqueting hall!

Andrew

There is no admission charge as such, but we are getting the venue based on having lunch at the facilities.

However, if you want then you can turn up, but you will need to pay for Lunch at the venue at the current rate, as you are not allowed to eat your own food at the venue, that is why they are granting us facilities at the venue.

I am visiting Walworth in a couple of hours, and will ask if we can have maybe a late booking on the day

Stu

Comfortably Numb 5th April 2019 19:01

Thanks Stu. In which case, if I turn up, I'm resigned to ordering a slap-up meal! The things we have to do for the love of our cars!;)

Fusilier 6th April 2019 12:41

Walworth Castle Show - Sun 14 Apr 19

Well

I have been and visited Walworth, and have paid in advance for the meals for all those attending, we currently have around 63 attending, we have around 23 Cars from Durham MG Club, and about the same from our forum.

I will be arriving at Walworth at around 0930 hrs on the Sunday, and will be at the gate at the front to direct members into the Castle (We are at the rear of the Castle in the Car Park area), which is a gravelled area.

The plan will be to have it broken down into four areas

1. MGB/Midget

2. MGF/TF

3. Rover 75

4. Rover 75/MG ZT

So on arrival can you park in the correct area for your vehicle

Hope that helps, and very much look forward to this event, and meeting you all

Many thanks for supporting

Stu

RPWC 6th April 2019 13:17

What if you don't own one of the above Stu?;)

Fusilier 6th April 2019 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPWC (Post 2724839)
What if you don't own one of the above Stu?;)

Don't worry, you will be parked up, amongst us

Stu

Neil.s 6th April 2019 17:15

Hi guys I am in the process of getting another ZT-T but as yet still not got it, would be ok just to turn up and have a look round the cars ?

Fusilier 7th April 2019 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil.s (Post 2724895)
Hi guys I am in the process of getting another ZT-T but as yet still not got it, would be ok just to turn up and have a look round the cars ?

Neil PM Sent

Stu

Rover 75 Tourer 7th April 2019 22:18

Walworth castle

Heading to you after POL on Saturday so will have 400 tourer and not one of the 75's. Anything to be differant:D cheers Dick P. At least Brian will be happy!

Fusilier 8th April 2019 14:29

Walworth Castle

I have now done all the admin for the Meet on Sunday, Prizes (there will be 10 framed pictures which will be awarded to different classes, (and Durham MG Club have paid for the prizes, (printed off voting forms and meals tickets)), and I have paid in Advance for all the meals at Walworth for all those who have requested to attend.

When you collect your envelope from me on Sunday, there will be a voting form, appropriate number of meal ticket/s. Your meal ticket will show which meal sitting you will be at.

Current, I have tried to group all the members of this forum for the second sitting which starts at 1315 hrs, and the Durham MG Club members on the first sitting which starts at 1200 hrs

When you go for your carvery, you will need to hand in the meal ticket, and then hopefully enjoy the Carvery Lunch.

I plan on arriving at Walworth at around 0915 hrs, and will direct members arriving to the rear car park.

I am very much looking forward to the meet on Sunday, and really hope that all those attending have a good day, and thank you for supporting the event, it is very much appreciated

regards

Stu

BoroRover 8th April 2019 17:15

Thanks for all your hard work organising the event :bowdown::bowdown:

Fusilier 8th April 2019 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoroRover (Post 2725379)
Thanks for all your hard work organising the event :bowdown::bowdown:

No problem, but might have to re-arrange the Carvery now into three sittings, as was on the phone to them today, to discuss with them about paying for all the late entries, and originally I asked them for two sittings, same as last year, but they came back to me today, and mentioned that the room where we are dining, has been modernised, and that they can only seat around 24 at any one sitting, and we have around 66 people attending, so will have to look at the numbers and work out a new plan, even after I had printed all the tickets for two sittings, but will update all as soon as I have more information.

If we do have to have three sittings, then I will try my best to group as many as possible into each sitting

Stu

Fusilier 10th April 2019 16:00

Walworth Castle - Sunday 14 Apr 19

Have just been and visited Walworth again to pay for the late entries which we have received (8 more), so we will now have a total of 64 people and 40 cars attending, and due to the numbers it is confirmed that we will need to have three meal sittings, as the room we are using (same as last year), has been modernised, and they can only seat around 24 at a time, so I have been working on a plan to try and arrange best options for seating.

So on Sunday on your ticket, you will have which meal sitting you should attend.

The provisional timings for meals are:

1. First Sitting - 1130 hrs - 1220 hrs - 22 People

2. Second Sitting - 1230 hrs - 1320 hrs - 22 People

3. Third Sitting - 1330 hrs - 1420 hrs - 20 People

I understand that not everybody will be 100% happy, but I have tried my best to group people together, but if you wish to change with somebody else, then just swap meal tickets with them on Sunday.

Thank you to everybody for supporting the event, and hope that you all have a very enjoyable day

Regards

Stuart

Rev Jules 10th April 2019 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fusilier (Post 2725780)
Have just been and visited Walworth again to pay for the late entries which we have received (8 more), so we will now have a total of 64 people and 40 cars attending, and due to the numbers it is confirmed that we will need to have three meal sittings, as the room we are using (same as last year), has been modernised, and they can only seat around 24 at a time, so I have been working on a plan to try and arrange best options for seating.

So on Sunday on your ticket, you will have which meal sitting you should attend.

The provisional timings for meals are:

1. First Sitting - 1130 hrs - 1220 hrs - 22 People

2. Second Sitting - 1230 hrs - 1320 hrs - 22 People

3. Third Sitting - 1330 hrs - 1420 hrs - 20 People

I understand that not everybody will be 100% happy, but I have tried my best to group people together, but if you wish to change with somebody else, then just swap meal tickets with them on Sunday.

Thank you to everybody for supporting the event, and hope that you all have a very enjoyable day

Regards

Stuart

Hi Stuart many thanks for what you have done, it is what it is, we are looking forward to meeting not just names but putting faces to them, please introduce yourselves.

Dawn And Julien.

Rev

Fusilier 10th April 2019 16:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev Jules (Post 2725785)
Hi Stuart many thanks for what you have done, it is what it is, we are looking forward to meeting not just names but putting faces to them, please introduce yourselves.

Dawn And Julien.

Rev

Rev

Will do, but will be very busy on the day, so will try my best to spend some time and have a chat, and of course, you will also get to see the awful Gruple car, as I am taking that to this meet, rather than one of the Big Cats

Stu

Fusilier 13th April 2019 19:50

Walworth Castle Sun 14 Apr

well that is everything now done ready for tomorrow, all tickets and voting forms put in envelopes, with names on, and cost to each member.

Fusilier 13th April 2019 19:57

Walworth Castle Sun 14 Apr

Well that is everything now completed, forms, and meals tickets all printed off and enveloped up, and envelopes marked up with members names, meal time and have also finished doing all the prizes ready for tomorrow, and have also had the chance to give Gruple a wipe over.

Really looking forward to this tomorrow, and have also packed a few things in the car, chair, cleaning box, but please do not vote on my car, as it is excluded from the prizes.

I am planning on doing the Prize Giving at around 1500 hrs after everybody has finished eating, and will have 10 Prizes on offer

1. MGB Class 1st and 2nd

2. MGF/RV8 Class 1st and 2nd

3. Rover 75 Class 1st and 2nd

4. MG ZT and Others 1st and 2nd

5. Longest distance travelled by road

6. Best in Show

all of the above prizes have been kindly donated by Durham MG Club, but I have produced them.

we have 42 cars attending the event which is a very good turnout.

Meal timings are shown on the envelopes, and we have had to have 3 sittings to accommodate everyone, as we have 67 people attending.

I will be there at around 0900 hrs to ensure that things are ready for when members arrive, anytime from 1000 hrs onwards

On arrival at Walworth, once you enter the venue, take a left, and that will take you to the rear of the castle, where we will be assembling for the day

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.56...7i13312!8i6656

See you tomorrow

Stu

Aml75 14th April 2019 06:35

Walworth

Ok understand .. Can't do the lunch this time .. Will still call just to say hello.. And park in hotel parking area and possibly have a coffee.

Fusilier 14th April 2019 15:31

Walwroth Castle

Firstly a huge thanks to all those members of this forum who attended the meet today, and hopefully you enjoyed the day, a lot of hard work went into planning the event.

I would also like to congratulate the prize winners from the forum:

75 Owners

1. Best 75 -Bigd

2. Second Best 75 - Bluejon

ZT Owners

1. Best ZT - Pye 81

2. Second Best ZT - Blackrose and Carole

We also awarded some additional prizes to the following members:

Longest Distance Travelled:

1. Rev Jules and Dawn

Special Awards:

1. Dave Stocktake

2. Marinabrian

And the remaining members who unfortunately did not win today, you should all be so proud, as a lot of the Durham MG Club members commented to me that the standard of 75/ZT on show was fantastic, and they can now see the reason why they are such great cars, I think that the cars on show, opened the eyes of those who do not own one, and they were presently surprised at just how good they all were, and the standard of cars was very high, so congratulations to all of you

Regards and thank you

Stuart

RPWC 14th April 2019 16:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fusilier (Post 2726652)
Firstly a huge thanks to all those members of this forum who attended the meet today, and hopefully you enjoyed the day, a lot of hard work went into planning the event.

I would also like to congratulate the prize winners from the forum:

75 Owners

1. Best 75 -Bigd

2. Second Best 75 - Bluejon

ZT Owners

1. Best ZT - Pye 81

2. Second Best ZT - Blackrose and Carole

We also awarded some additional prizes to the following members:

Longest Distance Travelled:

1. Rev Jules and Dawn

Special Awards:

1. Dave Stocktake

2. Marinabrian

And the remaining members who unfortunately did not win today, you should all be so proud, as a lot of the Durham MG Club members commented to me that the standard of 75/ZT on show was fantastic, and they can now see the reason why they are such great cars, I think that the cars on show, opened the eyes of those who do not own one, and they were presently surprised at just how good they all were, and the standard of cars was very high, so congratulations to all of you

Regards and thank you

Stuart

Thanks for setting this up Stu, a nice trip out, and good to catch up with all the regulars, and some from further afield. Pity the weather was so cold, but at least it didn't snow like last year.:eek:

pye81 14th April 2019 16:45

Walworth castle

Thank you stu once again for organizing this event its been a good day out for All.

Looking forward to the next one.:bowdown:

suzublu 14th April 2019 17:02

Thanks Stu, another organisational success:bowdown:
Congrats to all the winners:bowdown: In fact, everyone's a winner at these events, just pick a warm day next time:cool::D

Aml75 14th April 2019 17:25

Thanks

Would also like to say thanks to Stuart and all club members for making a non owner welcome. Great show and location.. Thks

Rev Jules 14th April 2019 17:40

Stuart May we add our Thanks to you for giving up your time in settting our gathering up, although it was cold it didn’t put us off, met up with old friends and met new ones, the food was very good and plentiful and well organised.

All the cars that attended were a credit too everyone.

Not many people would know this but after everyone left Marinabrian stayed beghind and diagnosed what might have been wrong with my car kicking out clouds of blue smoke on startup, initially it was thought to be injectors, so he took the engine cover off and discovered an up grade that was piggy backed to the injectors, at that time according to the info on his T4 they were jumping all over the place and the engine would miss every now and again.
We took it out for a run to warm the engine up and the read outs for the injectors were all running within their proper tolerances, suspecting the fitted upgrade was causing the initial blue smoke.
Marinas suggestion is to use Forte injection cleaner in the fuel filter run for forty odd seconds and leave over night, There was a very slight misting on the intercooler pipe and will need need new o rings fitted not looking forward to that job because It will be a bumper off task.

Take the EGR off and give it a good clean.

And most of all I can’t thank him enough for staying behind and helping me out,
He didn’t start for home until six o clock.
Brian if you read this you are credit to the club you didn’t have to help but you did, and I Sincerely thankyou for your expertise.

Rev

trikey 14th April 2019 18:18

And another wave of Brians magic wand to the rescue :bowdown::bowdown:

Jules, you don't need to remove the bumper to do the O rings, you can access them from inside the engine bay.

RPWC 14th April 2019 18:20

You can do the o rings without taking the bumper off Jules

elroy 14th April 2019 19:01

7 Attachment(s)
A few from todayAttachment 77927Attachment 77928Attachment 77929Attachment 77930Attachment 77931Attachment 77932Attachment 77933

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

elroy 14th April 2019 19:04

7 Attachment(s)
A few moreAttachment 77934Attachment 77935Attachment 77936Attachment 77937Attachment 77938Attachment 77939Attachment 77940

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

Bluejon 14th April 2019 19:05

Hi Stu,On behalf of Jan & Myself,may we pass on our sincere thanks to you for all the arrangements,time & dedication you put into meets such as today at Walworth Castle,

Another memorable day spent in great company,superb venue,fantastic food & meeting up with old Friends some of which we had not seen for quite some time,we thoroughly enjoyed the day,the icing on the cake being voted second in the 75 category,may we both say a big thank you to all who voted for old 'Bluey' & yourself for providing the trophies.

Many thanks again Stu & to all who attended for making this yet another superb meet,we look forward to meeting up with you & everyone at the Durham MG Meet on the 12th of May.

John & Jan.

marinabrian 14th April 2019 19:15

First off I must thank Stu for organising this meet, and the many others he makes happen, there is much more that goes on behind the scenes than meets the eye, so :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

And secondly for everyone who turned up today, it was very pleasant to look at the topside of a Rover or two, rather than lying under one fixing it :getmecoat:

It's always good to catch up with friends old and new, wax lyrical about things, and generally relax :cool:

I was also shocked and genuinely humbled by being chosen for one of Stu's prestigious awards, I've never won anything at a car show since the early 1990's when I was still regularly driving BL tin.

Here's to the next one, I'm looking forward to it already :)

P.S. Thanks to RPWC for lunch !!!!:drool4::drool4:

Rev Jules 14th April 2019 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2726705)

Jules, you don't need to remove the bumper to do the O rings, you can access them from inside the engine bay.

Oh my god what should I do now???:duh:

Rev

RPWC 14th April 2019 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2726749)
First off I must thank Stu for organising this meet, and the many others he makes happen, there is much more that goes on behind the scenes than meets the eye, so :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

And secondly for everyone who turned up today, it was very pleasant to look at the topside of a Rover or two, rather than lying under one fixing it :getmecoat:

It's always good to catch up with friends old and new, wax lyrical about things, and generally relax :cool:

I was also shocked and genuinely humbled by being chosen for one of Stu's prestigious awards, I've never won anything at a car show since the early 1990's when I was still regularly driving BL tin.

Here's to the next one, I'm looking forward to it already :)

P.S. Thanks to RPWC for lunch !!!!:drool4::drool4:

Least I can do Brian, after all the things you-ve done for me during my Rover ownership. I always try to return a good turn or help when anyone goes out of their way to help me. :bowdown:
Hmmm 216 auto? Now there's a thought.:D

myfirstrover 14th April 2019 19:58

Good company , good cars , good food , Massive thank you to Stu for organising it all :}
https://i.imgur.com/9HZwmQUl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/U4DfSU1l.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/dZWUyQ9l.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/94WcZCWl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/28W9ScGl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/UI61Fs5l.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/t3qr32Cl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/CSPtQJRl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/w29wyV3l.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/LYWbDail.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/WGtJBm1l.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/v5FH2Xdl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/abrAW0xl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/bq9pyiJl.jpg

BoroRover 14th April 2019 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aml75 (Post 2726685)
Would also like to say thanks to Stuart and all club members for making a non owner welcome. Great show and location.. Thks

Thank you Stu for all your sterling work. Great to meet everyone, Congratulations to the winners, smashing day all round.

BoroRover 14th April 2019 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2726705)

An incredible guy, take a bow Brian. :bowdown::bowdown:

bigd 14th April 2019 21:32

STU this only gets better everytime you do your magic what a perfect day and thanks again for all the effort and time you put into these events :bowdown::bowdown:

Blackrose 14th April 2019 22:08

Stu, I think you are going to need a bigger venue :D. Great day out, Carole was over the moon, Bluemoon that is.

The day passed as quick as the sun did.

Till the next time.

Blackrose.

Rover 75 Tourer 14th April 2019 22:13

Walworth castle

Big thanks to Stu for another very enjoyable day even organised no snow brilliant:D

g20stu 15th April 2019 06:37

Walworth castle

Many thanks Stu nice venue good food great turnout from both clubs

Rev Jules 15th April 2019 14:50

Just an update, after Marina Brian stayed behind yesterday to try and sort out my car, he disconnected a CR Power Box by PSI Motorsport, and took it out, Derek had it fitted back in 2005, at a cost of £348 pounds :eek::eek: we drove back home today at a steady pace 137 miles and glad to say I did not notice any difference in the way the car performed, did not notice any blue smoke on start up this morning but will know for sure in the morning after the car has been standing.

Have ordered the Forte Injection cleaner, still to give the EGR a clean and still to order the Viton rings.

Rev

Neil.s 15th April 2019 17:17

I loved my walk round yesterday meeting everybody many thanks Stu, I took a few pics on the day this being one of them I do believe this belongs to MarinaBrian.
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...12fa6591_h.jpgA19Z0034 by neil sturgeon, on Flickr

marinabrian 15th April 2019 21:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil.s (Post 2726945)
I loved my walk round yesterday meeting everybody many thanks Stu, I took a few pics on the day this being one of them I do believe this belongs to MarinaBrian.
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...12fa6591_h.jpgA19Z0034 by neil sturgeon, on Flickr

Trust you to get the shot of the corner of the bumper that clattered some debris on the A19 earlier in the week........perhaps I should scrap it :shrug:

Graham1961 16th April 2019 00:08

Just to say a big thanks to Stu for another superb meet/venue.

Some very lovely cars and as always meeting everyone.

Congratulations to each of the winners in their classes, your cars are a credit to you..:bowdown:

Neil.s 16th April 2019 17:04

Brian I am so sorry, until you mentioned it I had not seen it, this should be better

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...8fd0f847_b.jpgA19Z0048 by neil sturgeon, on Flickr

Neil.s 16th April 2019 18:08

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...387477fa_b.jpgA19Z0038 by neil sturgeon, on Flickr

Neil.s 16th April 2019 18:09

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...ef0d8bd1_b.jpgA19Z0041 by neil sturgeon, on Flickr

Neil.s 16th April 2019 18:11

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...12d88ba6_b.jpgA19Z0056 by neil sturgeon, on Flickr

Bluejon 16th April 2019 21:24

Walworth Castle 2019.

https://i.imgur.com/HiIbu0I.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/HhvDu4A.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/FVcRWeN.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/OagdnkL.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/pgQFdNr.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/XxC27uY.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ZM0fj0I.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/hyo6BEA.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/WFcycWG.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/UTX9xOx.jpg

John.

Bluejon 16th April 2019 21:40

Walworth Castle 2019.

https://i.imgur.com/GB6hKZM.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/pjwSS0J.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/SCpLyYw.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/liUFxk0.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/wDZvJYl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/HCukPoy.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/gn6PTem.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/0xAOnok.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/o0EbWl8.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/1QytSeC.jpg

John.

elroy 16th April 2019 22:22

great pics John :}

Bluejon 16th April 2019 23:32

Cheers Roy,very much appreciated.

Regards.....John.

WillyHeckaslike 17th April 2019 00:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev Jules (Post 2726925)
Still to order the Viton rings. Rev

Jules, is it likely that the original factory fitted items are still in place and if so how long have they lasted?

Rev Jules 17th April 2019 07:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike (Post 2727374)
Jules, is it likely that the original factory fitted items are still in place and if so how long have they lasted?

Hi.

I cant say at the moment, unless I go back and look at all the paper work, I do know the Alternator was replaced several years ago, Derek, bless him, had a lot of extras added Harmon/ Sunroof/ Power Folds/ Sat Nav, Etc!, before taking delivery total cost was about £31000.
I will have a look at the paperwork and try and find out what has been replaced.

Rev

WillyHeckaslike 17th April 2019 12:27

What I'm thinking is if they are not viton and they look to have given good enough service in circumstances which are unlikely to be exceeded by you then maybe like-for-like or similar replacement might be worth considering ... more so if a freebie could be had. ;) :getmecoat: