The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Customised IPK (speedo) faces (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=179505)

klarzy 7th April 2014 19:36

Customised IPK (speedo) faces

From a thread I was on today we were talking about speedo calibration when I came up with the idea of reprinting the clock faces to show true speed rather than speed + safety margin.

Well, one thing I have never seen on offer was personalised clock faces suited to you or your car.

So here we are, step 1, market research ...

I have done a few quick samples, these are just to test the water and everything is totally customisable as long as you display the range of speeds etc. some are garish and minimalist for the boy racers and I can do elegant ones for the traditionalists out there.

I would like from you some feedback and an idea of how many people may want one...

I intend to have a standard set of designs for ZT-V6-V8 and 75's with logos or names / images as a custom number.
These would be simple to fit or fitted for a fee..
I am going to aim for 10-15.00 for standard and more for 1 off custom jobs (maybe 20-25 dependent on artwork or photo inclusion etc.).

These can be on gloss or matt finish, with white, crème or silver background.

Here are a few examples to test the water, tacho side would be similar to suit.
Please post to this Thread with comments or suggestions.
Members will of course pay less than anyone else if this takes off and yes I will do a club badge one if it's ok with the board??

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...2fa7d38e62.jpg

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...2fa7d7b4ea.jpg

Jordan Apex 7th April 2014 19:45

I like this idea very much indeed! :bowdown:

Moonshine Mark 7th April 2014 19:49

Looks a good idea, I'd be interested in seeing a finished item :D

klarzy 7th April 2014 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trophy Yellow Mark (Post 1632924)

hopefully by Friday
working with the printers now.

Simon.h 7th April 2014 19:52

Sounds like a great idea to me.
But there's just one thing which a true speedo will do is highlight just low slow some people drive! You all know what I mean- your driving behind someone in a 30mph zone and your over reading speedo is showing 27mph so with a true speedo what person in front is doing 23mph!

Moonshine Mark 7th April 2014 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon.h (Post 1632928)
But there's just one thing which a true speedo will do is highlight just low slow some people drive! You all know what I mean- your driving behind someone in a 30mph zone and your over reading speedo is showing 27mph so with a true speedo what person in front is doing 23mph!

Even worse when you're in a 60mph zone and your speedo is showing 40mph :duh:

klarzy 7th April 2014 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon.h (Post 1632928)

These will be calibrated to exactly the same as current speedo's, no change

keithybhoy 7th April 2014 19:56

Yeah id love this. A custom set of dials for me plz,Pm me if its a goer and il be one of the 1st on board :} :}

klarzy 7th April 2014 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by keithybhoy (Post 1632937)
Yeah id love this. A custom set of dials for me plz,Pm me if its a goer and il be one of the 1st on board :} :}

which kind of style would you want, I will make the prototypes...

klarzy 7th April 2014 19:59

oh yes, Copyright me as of first post....:)

keithybhoy 7th April 2014 20:06

Ohh i dunno lol, it would be nice if one dial said ZTT or ZT-T and the other said 190 in trophy blue on a silver background with the rev range going from the colour blue at 0 revs going to red at the end of the rev range,duno what colours ud need to use to get from blue to red tho lol. I will be changing my bulbs behind my dials so do you think a white or silver background :shrug: lol :) :)

Jordan Apex 7th April 2014 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by keithybhoy (Post 1632954)
Ohh i dunno lol, it would be nice if one dial said ZTT or ZT-T and the other said 190 in trophy blue on a silver background with the rev range going from the colour blue at 0 revs going to red at the end of the rev range,duno what colours ud need to use to get from blue to red tho lol. I will be changing my bulbs behind my dials so do you think a white or silver background :shrug: lol :) :)

Purple could be a gradient colour for blue and red ;)

Would the custom option be something that run for a length of time?

capese21 7th April 2014 20:08

Great idea. The illumination would need to be changed to only show through the cut outs and ideally add illuminated needles to.

I designed these made by Metal Monkey. Rear illumination with smd LEDs.

I experimented with blue illumination and red hands on the clock.

Been in my ZTT for a few years now. I forget they ore not OEM.

http://www.metal-monkey.co.uk/

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/g...1/IMG_0892.jpg
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/g...e21/night2.jpg

keithybhoy 7th April 2014 20:10

Custom is the way forward i think. Your own personal dials is a great touch to any car :) :)

keithybhoy 7th April 2014 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by capese21 (Post 1632958)
Great idea. The illumination would need to be changed to only show through the cut outs and ideally add illuminated needles to.

Been in my ZTT for a few years now.

That looks minted,reminds me of my old saph cossie. It would be blue id like behind my dials to as i plan on converting the rest of my dash/switches to blue later in the year :) :)

klarzy 7th April 2014 20:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by keithybhoy (Post 1632954)

Anything is possible, I have to make sure the material will carry the light, may experiment for a while...

keithybhoy 7th April 2014 20:21

Minted mate,keep me posted :) :)

klarzy 7th April 2014 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by keithybhoy (Post 1632983)
Minted mate,keep me posted :) :)

Like this son...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...30998ce445.jpg

pab 7th April 2014 20:26

Interesting stuff. :}

keithybhoy 7th April 2014 20:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by klarzy (Post 1632992)

Now that is looking good klarzy. I like the bit with our names in the bottom,class mate. :bowdown: :bowdown:

Stamfordboy 7th April 2014 20:47

These look great, I'd definitely would be interested. Would be great to see the finished article in a car. :}

klarzy 7th April 2014 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by keithybhoy (Post 1633022)
Now that is looking good klarzy. I like the bit with our names in the bottom,class mate. :bowdown: :bowdown:

will try the prototype on this..;)

Stephen wade 7th April 2014 20:48

Speedo cllocks

I'd love a set with R75 or 75 & V6 or summut with rover logo & V6...:D:D

keithybhoy 7th April 2014 20:53

Are you doing the rev counter too. Not wanting to be a pest lol but if you are could you put the ztt bit on the rev counter and the 190 on the speedo. Just to see how itd look. Im not sore if the blck disk would hide quite a bit of the 9 :} :}

klarzy 7th April 2014 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen wade (Post 1633037)
I'd love a set with R75 or 75 & V6 or summut with rover logo & V6...:D:D

Like this Steve?

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...310a8a86da.jpg

keithybhoy 7th April 2014 20:56

Ahh a better idea would be silver dials with a big trophy blue mg badge in the middle of the rev counter and the pic uv done above for the speedo......class :) :)

klarzy 7th April 2014 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by keithybhoy (Post 1633045)
Are you doing the rev counter too. Not wanting to be a pest lol but if you are could you put the ztt bit on the rev counter and the 190 on the speedo. Just to see how itd look. Im not sore if the blck disk would hide quite a bit of the 9 :} :}

Yes I have to draw it up and will do it tomorrow...

Write me a PM of what you want in clear detail and we will do that, I suggest matt white background to see how the light transfers

look at the samples for text type, gradients, fuel gauge and tell me what you want.

Supervinnie40 7th April 2014 21:06

I like this idea very much. But to be honest I'd like to hear more about the print quality, the material used (as some of these sheets are made of some sort of plastic), and how good they fit.

But besides that, I would like to see more about this. I'm planning an replacing my IPK because I want the dual color dial sheets (and the message centre), but I would like it very much to do something more 'custom' with it.

jonc3725 7th April 2014 21:06

I would be v interested if the real thing is as good as it looks.

Would the ZT be white faces?

keithybhoy 7th April 2014 21:08

Sorted mate,PM in the post :) :)

klarzy 7th April 2014 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonc3725 (Post 1633079)
I would be v interested if the real thing is as good as it looks.

Would the ZT be white faces?

I have to see how certain materials carry the LED light, no guarantees at the mo but I think white may be best, I have to print test sheet and fit to my spare IPK to see, I will post updates...

klarzy 7th April 2014 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamfordboy (Post 1633033)
These look great, I'd definitely would be interested. Would be great to see the finished article in a car. :}

How's this, might be ok to pop in for a show...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...314a207b69.jpg

klarzy 7th April 2014 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by keithybhoy (Post 1633083)
Sorted mate,PM in the post :) :)

haven't got it yet bud

Stephen wade 7th April 2014 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by klarzy (Post 1633050)

yes that would be mint spot on m8 if ur gunna do them thats the 1 i want with the fuel gauge in post 32

zero2 7th April 2014 21:28

I'm liking these. I could be talked into a set :D

klarzy 7th April 2014 21:36

Ok 1 super mega fast mock-up, my printer is running out of blue so keithyboy is looking a little camp, but it gives you an idea...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...31a086644d.jpg

Time Searcher 7th April 2014 21:45

One for us down on the Iberian Peninsular?

Possible one calibrated to show Kmph?:}

That should be Km/h Sorry [and the 120Km/h line to be RED...]

Stamfordboy 7th April 2014 21:51

I can see these working. Love my mock up klarzy, and when if the boys in blue ask do you know how fast you were going I'd have to say, o yeah baby! Hahaha. :D If these work with the LEDs they look like a winner!! :D

klarzy 7th April 2014 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Time Searcher (Post 1633153)

This can be done, this is only been a live idea for today so now I know there is interest I can move forward with some proper samples....

keithybhoy 7th April 2014 22:14

Sorry mate never hit send lol. Postie on route :) :)

stocktake 7th April 2014 22:24

Like these, forum names would be very good. Maybe the fuel gauge on the V8 should be removed all together :D :D :D or half a tank could be re labeled 60 miles of loud left etc... :laughing2:

klarzy 7th April 2014 22:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by stocktake (Post 1633195)
Like these, forum names would be very good. Maybe the fuel gauge on the V8 should be removed all together :D :D :D or half a tank could be re labeled 60 miles of loud left etc... :laughing2:

see post 33 for the fuel gauge on a v8

trikey 7th April 2014 23:12

me likey :bowdown:

How about a green Kermit face for the V8 :D

cusm 8th April 2014 00:54

Ok I'm going to be the one.

Can we get a walnut dial.:getmecoat:

Seriously though great idea,, the one thing I love about this club and it's members, sharing ideas and bringing them to fruition.

Keep up the good work.

MrDoodles 8th April 2014 07:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Time Searcher (Post 1633153)

Would have to be both on a UK car, as I'm fairly sure that it's a legal requirement! :shrug:

klarzy 8th April 2014 08:00

What is the law regarding car speedometers should they have both mph and kph or one or the other.in the uk?

There is no requirement in the UK for cars to have either or both; as long as there is a working speedometer it will passs the MOT and import regulations;

:D

klarzy 8th April 2014 08:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by cusm (Post 1633265)
Ok I'm going to be the one.

Can we get a walnut dial.:getmecoat:

Seriously though great idea,, the one thing I love about this club and it's members, sharing ideas and bringing them to fruition.

Keep up the good work.

As i am an avid hater of excessive wallnut (the dash and wheel are enough and quite tasteful) you will feel my wrath by paying double if you want it...

Seriously the artwork would have to be reversed so all the markings would be in white.... not sure it would be very clear to read... will look though

MrDoodles 8th April 2014 08:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by klarzy (Post 1633392)
What is the law regarding car speedometers should they have both mph and kph or one or the other.in the uk?

There is no requirement in the UK for cars to have either or both; as long as there is a working speedometer it will passs the MOT and import regulations;

Well if it's on Yahoo, it must be right then!

You might want to read the EEC Directive then! ;)

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-conte...LEX:31975L0443

capese21 8th April 2014 09:15

Quote:

You might want to read the EEC Directive then
Type Approval relates to manufacturers of new vehicles.

Ed:}

HarryM1BYT 8th April 2014 09:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by klarzy (Post 1633392)

It is/was a failure point for imported motorcycle speedo's to be marked only in kph, so I cannot see it being different in cars, come MOT time.

Supervinnie40 8th April 2014 10:12

Who cares, with these custom plates you can just choose to either show KPH or MPH.

Will there also be made some sort of template? I'd like to design my own graphic stuff, but I don't have the precise measurements for the dials. So if somebody could make a template with just the ovals in them, people can just edit their own stuff into the centre.

That is if you are using anything else then just normal paper to print it on....

klarzy 8th April 2014 11:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supervinnie40 (Post 1633494)
Who cares, with these custom plates you can just choose to either show KPH or MPH.

Will there also be made some sort of template? I'd like to design my own graphic stuff, but I don't have the precise measurements for the dials. So if somebody could make a template with just the ovals in them, people can just edit their own stuff into the centre.

That is if you are using anything else then just normal paper to print it on....

At the moment it is not normal paper.. i really do not want to share the details at the moment as i have put work into the designs and i am going to try to make a small business out of the concept outside of the club.

keithybhoy 8th April 2014 12:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by klarzy (Post 1633527)
At the moment it is not normal paper.. i really do not want to share the details at the moment as i have put work into the designs and i am going to try to make a small business out of the concept outside of the club.

quite right mate :) :)

Le Mans 190 8th April 2014 12:46

klarzy 8th April 2014 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Mans 190 (Post 1633605)

I will try to make the Lings Lynn meet later in the month, may have a few samples by then...

also now considering a traders account although i will not be making a profit at the prices i am quoting members....

Le Mans 190 8th April 2014 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by klarzy (Post 1633686)
I will try to make the Lings Lynn meet later in the month, may have a few samples by then...

also now considering a traders account although i will not be making a profit at the prices i am quoting members....

Will you be able to do both clocks or just one side?

Roverite 8th April 2014 15:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by capese21 (Post 1633440)
Type Approval relates to manufacturers of new vehicles.

And you will be messing with that Type Approval. Somebody needs to check with VOSA, or similar, if this is acceptable. I am not convinced that trying to correct speedo accuracy like this is acceptable either, but that is up to you. I am not trying to knock the idea, but it could be a costly mistake, so better to check first,

Roverite.

Supervinnie40 8th April 2014 15:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by klarzy (Post 1633527)

I understand that, but I have a design in mind for something. So if I made the design I can just mail/sent it to you and you print it?
For those that don't have the skills (or friends :) ) to make their own design, they can just choose from a list of options (or perhaps get you to make it).

But if I wanna make my own design, it would help to know the size of the oval for the speed. That's the type of template I'm talking about.

klarzy 8th April 2014 15:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roverite (Post 1633713)
And you will be messing with that Type Approval. Somebody needs to check with VOSA, or similar, if this is acceptable. I am not convinced that trying to correct speedo accuracy like this is acceptable either, but that is up to you. I am not trying to knock the idea, but it could be a costly mistake, so better to check first,

Roverite.

DON'T PANIC !!!! DON'T PANIC......
Please read posts 1 & 7.... the calibration of the overlays will be identical to the standard speedo and tacho, the post i was talking about that subject gave me the idea for this project.

klarzy 8th April 2014 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Mans 190 (Post 1633710)
Will you be able to do both clocks or just one side?

Both, i will make some proper samples up over the next week or so

trikey 8th April 2014 15:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by klarzy (Post 1633721)
Both, i will make some proper samples up over the next week or so

Can't wait to see the finished items!! :bowdown:

capese21 8th April 2014 15:31

Quote:

And you will be messing with that Type Approval.
Any mods on your car could be the same but would not fail the MOT.

The Vosa MOT manual says a speedometer must be fitted illuminated and work nothing more.

klarzy 8th April 2014 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supervinnie40 (Post 1633718)
I understand that, but I have a design in mind for something. So if I made the design I can just mail/sent it to you and you print it?
For those that don't have the skills (or friends :) ) to make their own design, they can just choose from a list of options (or perhaps get you to make it).

But if I wanna make my own design, it would help to know the size of the oval for the speed. That's the type of template I'm talking about.

OK here's where i hope to be on quality etc...

The customisable model i have in mind will see you select:

Speed gradient type and colour
Readout text font, colour etc
Graphic / logo or text for centre.
Temp and fuel level styles
Photo if you want...

I need to take each of these elements and make a vector graphic image of them (turn them from fuzzy low res images into sharp edged very clear images of solid block colur (except for photos).

That will mean a better quality finish without pixelation or fuzzy edges.
That is where a custom artwork charge would apply if you did not choose a standard design. (i earn £25 per hour so if it takes me 2 hours you can see i am not making a profit if i only charge 25-30 quid for a custom number to club members).

I have no issue with using your own logos but i do not want to put my name to anything which comes out looking like an out of focus cheap copy of a photostat... thus they will normaly all have to be reworked.

When you look at the samples in the first page they are Jpeg bitmaps and are fuzzy as i can not put vectors on the website unless i use Flash.

Trust me, the graphics on the overlays wil be PIN SHARP or i will not sell them.

Obviously the finish will not be as fine as say screen printing (the original method used by Rover by the looks of most clock faces which would cost several hundred pounds to set up for a 1 off) but they will be a lot better than a home printer (i will be using a comercial vynal printer and paying for each at the going rate).

Anything with a photo will have to be assessed as appropriate for clear reading on a speedo and of sufficient resolution to print and look nice.

If you want to send me some samples of your graphics Supervinnie i will be happy to give you an evaluation and quote (if all of this works and i can find materials that satisfy my quality requirements which will be as high as i can push them).

:}

Brabus 8th April 2014 17:46

These sound brilliant. I will definitely be interested in a set.

Supervinnie40 8th April 2014 18:01

That sounds good. I used to work as a graphic artist when I was still at school. Still very good with Photoshop and Illustrator. So I know how to get things looking sharp as nails.
It's good to see you know your stuff as well.

I'll wait for now, until I've seen some reviews and photo's of people who already did it. But I still like the idea. If it's all done right I'm sure I'm going to use your services.
Big things for me to consider (besides quality of print obviously ;) ) would the light shines through compared to the original. And how it reacts with sunlight (will it fade? discolor?).

klarzy 8th April 2014 18:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supervinnie40 (Post 1633861)
That sounds good. I used to work as a graphic artist when I was still at school. Still very good with Photoshop and Illustrator. So I know how to get things looking sharp as nails.
It's good to see you know your stuff as well.

I'll wait for now, until I've seen some reviews and photo's of people who already did it. But I still like the idea. If it's all done right I'm sure I'm going to use your services.
Big things for me to consider (besides quality of print obviously ;) ) would the light shines through compared to the original. And how it reacts with sunlight (will it fade? discolor?).

Looking into various types of acrylic laminates and UV stabilised inks / matt finish laminates at the moment...
I am doing a prototype with one member here and will develop over the next few weeks.

Thanks for the confidence...

Darkxs 8th April 2014 18:36

Great stuff Klarzy, can't wait to see the end product :)

galaxyclass 8th April 2014 18:50

This sounds ace, I will watch with interest at the first few. Good work.

blackrain 8th April 2014 19:08

Ooo...these look yummy
I'm definitely interested in some

Paul

klarzy 8th April 2014 19:28

Attachment 32523

Ok I said I would keep you appraised so here is test 1.

Bitmap, quality paper.
Facelift petrol copy versus Mk1 diesel original.

You can see the paper grain and obviously the orange glow does not show through as I believe the originals has a translucent orange layer under the top graphics.

Learned a bit, will try a custom design next.

klarzy 8th April 2014 21:29

Keithybhoy, did you want the ZTT or the MG on this side? :D

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...469ef82af2.jpg

keithybhoy 8th April 2014 23:55

Mg badge on the rev counter mate :) :)

klarzy 9th April 2014 16:00

Dear clubmates...

here is the first proof artwork for Keithybhoy to approve before I go experimenting with materials...

This is the level of precision that will be put into every overlay.

A full custom graphic like this will be 30.00 to club members + post (3.00 ish), 45+ on ebay if I get going...

FYI this is 6 hours to get to this stage......

Attachment 32570

Supervinnie40 9th April 2014 18:45

Looks good (thumbs up)

Just noticed something (not being a critic...). On the right I see that the black lines run into the background of the green/red line of the oval. On the left (pretty much the same thing), the black lines stop at the edge of the oval.

klarzy 9th April 2014 18:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supervinnie40 (Post 1635018)
Looks good (thumbs up)

Just noticed something (not being a critic...). On the right I see that the black lines run into the background of the green/red line of the oval. On the left (pretty much the same thing), the black lines stop at the edge of the oval.

Just checked the print... it's only a PDF transition glitch....print is ok.

klarzy 9th April 2014 19:11

test 2

Looking better, next to find a uniform light absorber...
Attachment 32575

keithybhoy 9th April 2014 20:00

Yeah looking great mate. Cant wait to get these on lol :} :}

klarzy 9th April 2014 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by keithybhoy (Post 1635116)
Yeah looking great mate. Cant wait to get these on lol :} :}

Anything to change before I print onto acetate?

Supervinnie40 9th April 2014 20:12

That does look pretty sweet.

klarzy 9th April 2014 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supervinnie40 (Post 1635134)
That does look pretty sweet.

wait to you see Trikeys... give me 20 mins...

trikey 9th April 2014 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by klarzy (Post 1635140)
wait to you see Trikeys... give me 20 mins...

20mins and counting......

klarzy 9th April 2014 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 1635142)
20mins and counting......

The price for yours sir will be 1 T4 health check, IPK virginisation and change to Diesel specs for message centre petrol unit & some options changes..... deal?

trikey 9th April 2014 20:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by klarzy (Post 1635149)
The price for yours sir will be 1 T4 health check, IPK virginisation and change to Diesel specs for message centre petrol unit & some options changes..... deal?

Can do all except the ipk virginisation, you will have to see Bri or Russ for that!!!

Jordan Apex 9th April 2014 20:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 1635177)
Can do all except the ipk virginisation, you will have to see Bri or Russ for that!!!

It seems even the top players have their limits :eek: ;)

klarzy 9th April 2014 20:42

Are you sitting comfortably?

Then we'll begin.....

Attachment 32579

Jordan Apex 9th April 2014 20:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by klarzy (Post 1635180)

Then we'll begin.....

Attachment 32579

No way! That is awesome! :eek: :bowdown:

klarzy 9th April 2014 20:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by JordanRaven (Post 1635182)
No way! That is awesome! :eek: :bowdown:

Who's your daddy?

Moonshine Mark 9th April 2014 20:47

Quote:

Then we'll begin.....

Attachment 32579

That's brilliant, well done :D

trikey 9th April 2014 20:47

Quote:

Then we'll begin.....

Attachment 32579

AWESOME!!!!

you even managed to get the fuel gauge in its normal position :getmecoat:

klarzy 9th April 2014 20:48

MPH even works out Trike.....

Meters Per Hop...:laughing2:

Jordan Apex 9th April 2014 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by klarzy (Post 1635185)
Who's your daddy?

Bit kinky for a weeknight! :eek: think I will be interested in these in the future now! ;)

klarzy 9th April 2014 20:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 1635190)
AWESOME!!!!

Was gonna put 3 levels.

Ribbit 100%
Grinnit 50%
Croak Empty

trikey 9th April 2014 20:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by klarzy (Post 1635192)
MPH even works out Trike.....

Meters Per Hop...:laughing2:

pmsl, nice one..

klarzy 9th April 2014 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 1635197)
pmsl, nice one..

Anything you want to change Trike?

klarzy 9th April 2014 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 1635190)
AWESOME!!!!

Sorry, that's not a fuel gauge, it's an egg timer....:laughing2:

keithybhoy 9th April 2014 21:46

Mate that is class. The only thing id like changed is the writing for the temp,mph,rpm and fuel be blue instead of black at the bottom of the dials just to tie it all in like trikeys is green. Other than that mate its pure class:bowdown: :bowdown:

klarzy 9th April 2014 21:56

Done,

PM me an address and I will send them off before weeks end with some instructions.

keithybhoy 9th April 2014 22:15

Are you going to pol :) :)

klarzy 9th April 2014 22:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by keithybhoy (Post 1635296)
Are you going to pol :) :)

No. I am on standby for Russia.

Supervinnie40 10th April 2014 07:45

Great work Klarzy. I see you have put your e-mail on the bottom. Will that stay there? Or is it just because these are prototypes?

petespieces 10th April 2014 07:58

Would be interested in a KPH version as my car will probably never see UK roads again.

klarzy 10th April 2014 09:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by petespieces (Post 1635469)
Would be interested in a KPH version as my car will probably never see UK roads again.

Will need to map the angles and make one. There will be multiple options

klarzy 10th April 2014 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supervinnie40 (Post 1635464)
Great work Klarzy. I see you have put your e-mail on the bottom. Will that stay there? Or is it just because these are prototypes?

Makes commercial sense to have it as a brand mark, may be changed if i do these commerialy to get a website set up and go as a trader member.
Also for the club names and the dial serial number for repeat orders, i will produce a basic brocheur soon.

klarzy 10th April 2014 12:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by petespieces (Post 1635469)

Pm Me please we can discuss options

klarzy 10th April 2014 14:19

Dear all,
I am now in the process of setting this up as a venture...
I am happy to begin looking at your needs for designs and artwork while i continue to look for ever better materials and processes to provide the best quality and finish possible.

I hope you can see from below the quality of image that can be produced and the almost limitless possabilities for truly unique show dials or replacement dials with that little something extra...

I will be formulating a catalogue of basic designs, select from component designs and fully customised overlays.

I am also looking into some light based trickery for an extra touch and will keep you informed.

Looking at materials and process costs i see the pricing for members as follows:

Basic design (select from catalogue) £17.00 (uk posted)
Component design (select from various elements) £22.00 (uk posted)
Fully customised with bespoke artwork £30.00 (uk posted)
Fully customised with artwork conversion from customers picture £POA

I hope to begin taking orders in earnest within the next 2 weeks

Best

Peter (Klarzy)

championdaddy 10th April 2014 15:56

Can you do it with the 100% fuel level at 1 oclock............so we can have full tanks LOL

championdaddy 10th April 2014 16:03

1 Attachment(s)
Capese.........how did you get the illumitation so bright ??? Mine dont light up the needles a lot :shrug::shrug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by capese21 (Post 1632958)

Been in my ZTT for a few years now. I forget they ore not OEM.

http://www.metal-monkey.co.uk/

keithybhoy 10th April 2014 16:17

pm in the post lol :) :)

klarzy 10th April 2014 19:19

Attachment 32622

Can do pictures now too.....

Brabus 10th April 2014 19:46

These are brilliant. Trying to think of good funky idea for the 75 tourer but sort of in keeping with the car.

Brabus 10th April 2014 19:47

I do like the username ones.

klarzy 10th April 2014 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brabus (Post 1636056)
These are brilliant. Trying to think of good funky idea for the 75 tourer but sort of in keeping with the car.

I will be doing some classical with a twist and club badge / username ones (if permitted) shortly.

klarzy 10th April 2014 19:49

Quote:

Not sure if I can find a picture of a bus though?

MG Tom 10th April 2014 19:55

Excellent work, I wish you all the best with it!

I look forward to pics of the kermit ones backlit! :}

klarzy 10th April 2014 20:27

Quote:

How's this for a starter

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...6fe4074e22.jpg

MG Tom 10th April 2014 20:30

Its important for people to bear in mind that the images are not representative of the finished product due to limitations in the forum software etc :}

klarzy 10th April 2014 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG Tom (Post 1636117)
Its important for people to bear in mind that the images are not representative of the finished product due to limitations in the forum software etc :}

The ones I link to are PDF which are sharp, I will relink one to the last post so you can compare...

klarzy 10th April 2014 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by klarzy (Post 1636122)
The ones I link to are PDF which are sharp, I will relink one to the last post so you can compare...

Here is a high def one, it is as sharp as the product

Attachment 32627

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...0&d=1397059009
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...9&d=1397076150

keithybhoy 10th April 2014 21:58

Yeah cant wait to get this on,show of the new look lol :bowdown: :bowdown:

Le Mans 190 11th April 2014 06:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by klarzy (Post 1636062)
I will be doing some classical with a twist and club badge / username ones (if permitted) shortly.

Now I like that idea
will there be a "How to" on fitting these as well shortly

Please :bowdown:

klarzy 11th April 2014 07:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Mans 190 (Post 1636362)
Now I like that idea
will there be a "How to" on fitting these as well shortly

Please :bowdown:

Each purchase will come with full instructions. A how to on the forum will follow.

Le Mans 190 11th April 2014 07:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by klarzy (Post 1636413)
Each purchase will come with full instructions. A how to on the forum will follow.

Cool :D :D

klarzy 11th April 2014 09:18

This PDF shows some of the colour variations that are possible, bespoke dials (choose from a catalogue of elements and colours) will be almost infinite to suit you and your car.

Attachment 32644

Supervinnie40 11th April 2014 11:52

Will you also do a overlay for the clock?

klarzy 11th April 2014 12:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supervinnie40 (Post 1636627)
Will you also do a overlay for the clock?

if I can I will,,,;)

trikey 11th April 2014 12:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by klarzy (Post 1636665)
if I can I will,,,;)

I need a Miss Piggy for the clock....

:getmecoat:

klarzy 11th April 2014 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 1636666)
I need a Miss Piggy for the clock....

:getmecoat:

O have I got something special for you Mr trikes,,,,,,

You are going to need incontinence pants when I have finished my next test

trikey 11th April 2014 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by klarzy (Post 1636668)
O have I got something special for you Mr trikes,,,,,,

You are going to need incontinence pants when I have finished my next test

I wear them all the time buddy :eek::D

klarzy 11th April 2014 16:55

I now have a product I am proud of, I have the right materials, with the right finish, can pull off a few special tricks and have artwork and alignment which is spot on.

I am this evening working on a "how to guide" to allow even the least car savvy to be able to change their dials in 20 minutes.

My catalogue to begin will give hundreds of permutations and style choices for both 75 and ZT / ZTT, the choice will grow over time.

I will have off the shelf, compile from catalogue and individual levels to choose from and will cater for the most stringent traditionalist, seeker of elegance, boy racer or comedy lover.

I sincerely look forward to being able to help you all add that personal touch to your vehicles.

I can begin to take some orders now, but with the POL coming up I do not think a forum shop with catalogue will be available until next week.

Thank you

Peter (klarzy)

klarzy 11th April 2014 17:09

Mr Trikey.

Please find your finished item.
If you would PM me a postal address I will get them off to you in the morning :eek:.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...820f24506d.jpg
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...820f1ecfdf.jpg

Le Mans 190 11th April 2014 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by klarzy (Post 1636887)
Mr Trikey.

Please find your finished item.
If you would PM me a postal address I will get them off to you in the morning :eek:.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...820f24506d.jpg
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...820f1ecfdf.jpg

Now that looks great
looking for ideas on mine now :duh:

klarzy 11th April 2014 17:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Mans 190 (Post 1636897)
Now that looks great
looking for ideas on mine now :duh:

What about your 190 logo?

Le Mans 190 11th April 2014 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by klarzy (Post 1636901)
What about your 190 logo?

:D:D:D ermmmmmmmmmmm

klarzy 11th April 2014 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Mans 190 (Post 1636907)
:D:D:D ermmmmmmmmmmm

Let me put a set together for you, with custom artwork and from the catalogue numbers....45.00

Le Mans 190 11th April 2014 17:44

Ok cool:D

klarzy 11th April 2014 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Mans 190 (Post 1636938)
Ok cool:D

sporty or classic
modern or roman fonts
gradients or plain?

klarzy 11th April 2014 19:31

Here is Keithybhoys final product, it will be in the post in the morning Keith.

This new material has a really nice light distribution, better than the originals...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...84288e3ef9.jpg
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...842896b3e8.jpg
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...84289b12f4.jpg

klarzy 11th April 2014 19:34

Here are the fitting instructions for anyone who was thinking of a set but was worried about removing the IPK.
Attachment 32669

MG Tom 11th April 2014 19:45

Some plast-x polish or similar will do wonders for the plastic screen too ;)

klarzy 11th April 2014 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG Tom (Post 1637112)
Some plast-x polish or similar will do wonders for the plastic screen too ;)

Just signs of hard work old boy.... not the one from dearest Clarabelle so not to worry....:D

klarzy 11th April 2014 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by klarzy (Post 1636910)
Let me put a set together for you, with custom artwork and from the catalogue numbers....45.00

How's this for a start?

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...853780d1e3.jpg

zero2 11th April 2014 20:56

I'm loving these dials!! I'm thinking of what to have :D

zero2 11th April 2014 21:00

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 32672
Could you do anything with this please? With black and gold colours :)

klarzy 11th April 2014 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero2 (Post 1637250)
Attachment 32672
Could you do anything with this please? With black and gold colours :)

If you have a large hi res one I can do the artwork conversion, this would not be cheap as this is a VERY complex picture and will take 5-6 hours to draw out.

Photos are ok but a badge like this needs to be clear or it will look cheap.

I could just copy the bitmap in but these leave a soft edge and are not as sharp under scrutiny so I am trying to avoid doing anything but very clear work. I will send a PM with an estimate.

Brabus 11th April 2014 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by klarzy (Post 1636109)

That's fantastic:drool4::drool4::bowdown:

klarzy 11th April 2014 21:30

I have been asked to clarify why I insist on changing the artwork and charging for it if someone wants a picture on a dial.

I have no issue doing this as I want to be transparent and fair.

Most pictures are Bitmaps (BMP,JPG GIF etc.) they are generally what's known as lossy or soft formats, they remove definition and replace it with softness to give merging and compression of file sizes.
These look ok on screen but are not good generally for printing details.

These dials are all about the details.

I by hand convert logo's and badges to Vector graphics (lines and curves from point to point), these give surgically clean lines which are IDEAL for dials.

This is not a short process, the badge I have done for Le Mans 190 just took me an hour to do the little car!!

Below is a PDF where you can see the difference, I would only like to produce the best quality work for your dials, I will use bitmaps if you insist, but will take no responsibility if you think it is not as crisp as your mates...!!;)

Attachment 32673

klarzy 11th April 2014 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brabus (Post 1637274)
That's fantastic:drool4::drool4::bowdown:

Please PM me with your requirements....

Le Mans 190 11th April 2014 23:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by klarzy (Post 1637220)

Nice one :D

Yella Fella 12th April 2014 08:28

Just noticed this thread. :o Nice work Klarzy :}

Mischief 12th April 2014 09:06

Now I like these :D would be nice to see the designs with the back lights on to see how they will look at night. I will have to find a few pics that will look good with the marmight LEDs ;)