The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   New track and trace APP (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=308104)

SCP440 23rd September 2020 20:48

New track and trace APP

I see a new track and trace app is available from midnight. I was not going to bother but apparently we are going to need it before we enter some places, the wife reckons she must have it to go to the gym from Friday.:eek:

It will be interesting to see what effect it has on the virus.

macafee2 24th September 2020 07:42

I don't think my phone will work an app so what will they do with customers that have old phones?

macafee2

Simondi 24th September 2020 08:03

The Scottish App went live a couple of weeks ago. Easy to install on either an Android or apple phone.

Thankfully no alerts for me yet

mh007 24th September 2020 08:34

The places that demand I use it will be the places I'll walk away from!

Plenty of alternatives & if there isn't, I'll just go without.

suzublu 24th September 2020 10:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by mh007 (Post 2838492)
The places that demand I use it will be the places I'll walk away from!

Plenty of alternatives & if there isn't, I'll just go without.

Exactly, :bowdown: What's next? ID cards with track & trace, no travel without:shrug: We're becoming just another Chinese region:mad:

macafee2 24th September 2020 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzublu (Post 2838512)
Exactly, :bowdown: What's next? ID cards with track & trace, no travel without:shrug: We're becoming just another Chinese region:mad:

I think it is a bit early to think that. If monitoring continues once covid is no longer a threat, then there may be some substance to the suggestion but I like to think not

macafee2

Snetty 24th September 2020 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2838523)
I think it is a bit early to think that. If monitoring continues once covid is no longer a threat, then there may be some substance to the suggestion but I like to think not

macafee2

More likely to be the thin edge of the wedge tbh.
There is a school of thought that implies if you are not doing nothing wrong then it shouldn't worry you. However we are told we live in a free democratic society and having the state able to track our every movement doesn't quite sit right with that.
There are enough cameras etc watching us already.

wraymond 24th September 2020 18:53

I would think I would be mad to consider it. And, what's more, I don't even have to give a reason.

So, enough people have refused to write their names and addresses on a clipboard at the restaurant or pub door to let the Gov off the leash of due rigour. They now go the whole hog albeit with yet even more blandishments. Pretty soon you will be publicly shamed into giving your inside leg measurement and where you keep your car keys. Not a chance in Hades. What do they think we are all doing? French kissing?

p2roverman 24th September 2020 20:26

Just tried to download the app to my iphone. No chance - the symbol went round and round for 20 minutes til I turned the phone off

baxlin 24th September 2020 20:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCP440 (Post 2838428)
I see a new track and trace app is available from midnight. I was not going to bother but apparently we are going to need it before we enter some places, the wife reckons she must have it to go to the gym from Friday.:eek:

It will be interesting to see what effect it has on the virus.

Looks like I won’t be going to the gym then, as the app needs iPhone 6S or newer, and IOS13 something. My iPhone is a 6, with an earlier IOS version, which has suited my needs for quite some time.

That said, if my phone would take it, I would install it ASAP, as it can’t do any harm, and we are assured it’s anonymous.

ADO282 24th September 2020 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by wraymond (Post 2838609)
I would think I would be mad to consider it. And, what's more, I don't even have to give a reason.

So, enough people have refused to write their names and addresses on a clipboard at the restaurant or pub door to let the Gov off the leash of due rigour. They now go the whole hog albeit with yet even more blandishments. Pretty soon you will be publicly shamed into giving your inside leg measurement and where you keep your car keys. Not a chance in Hades. What do they think we are all doing? French kissing?

If it is required to have this type of "anonymised" data harvested and retained to whatever ends it suits the authors, irrespective of the thoughts and views of the end user, then it is plainly not in the end user's best interest to have this tracking programme installed on their telephone.

I never give out my personal number to anyone who does not have reason to have it, be it my home or mobile telephone.

To question what we are being asked to do, is seen as both antisocial at best, idiotic at worst, you are classed as an heretic for even countenancing dissidence of any sort...........Hades eh? I have Cerberus installed !!

trikey 24th September 2020 22:05

Its all about control, we will be a cashless society before long, track & trace will be the norm, freedom as we once knew it will be something that we will look back upon with rose tinted spectacles.

Yes, Covid is a nasty horrible disease, but we have dealt with worse in years gone by, this is an excuse to 'Level the playing fields. across the globe.

I despair, I really do..

BoroRover 25th September 2020 07:08

Dear Prime Minister, can you please create a app so I can track and trace the new mobile phone you will need to send me as my current mobile, a Galaxy 3, ( yeah, I know), hasn't the software needed to install the Covid app you insist I need. Naturally, I do not expect the new phone to cost me, you can have it back once you declare the pandemic over.

I will use my current phone from that point forward, it works perfectly well with the apps that were pre installed on my particular model. I only use it to text and make calls anyway.

Ta.

ceedy 25th September 2020 08:49

According to the App Our village, which as far as I know has NO covid cases, is now a Medium risk ??? :duh:

baxlin 25th September 2020 09:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceedy (Post 2838701)
According to the App Our village, which as far as I know has NO covid cases, is now a Medium risk ??? :duh:

Isn’t all of England classed as medium or high risk? (Folks enter and leave your village, presumably, on a daily basis?)

wraymond 25th September 2020 11:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoroRover (Post 2838679)
Dear Prime Minister, can you please create a app so I can track and trace the new mobile phone you will need to send me as my current mobile, a Galaxy 3, ( yeah, I know), hasn't the software needed to install the Covid app you insist I need. Naturally, I do not expect the new phone to cost me, you can have it back once you declare the pandemic over.

I will use my current phone from that point forward, it works perfectly well with the apps that were pre installed on my particular model. I only use it to text and make calls anyway.

Ta.

Be careful what you wish for. If there was a credibility gap before, it’s now a gulf. The government’s chief scientific advisor is revealed as a large shareholder in the drug company that is developing a Covid-19 vaccine.

Having earlier sold £5 million pounds worthy of shares he now has £600,000 in GSK (GlaxoSmithKline). These affairs were not notified to the government body that insists on all financial assets and connections being declared (see Andrew Pierce p. 11 D. Mail if you can ignore the cries of the wilfully biased).

clf 25th September 2020 12:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by wraymond (Post 2838739)
Be careful what you wish for. If there was a credibility gap before, it’s now a gulf. The government’s chief scientific advisor is revealed as a large shareholder in the drug company that is developing a Covid-19 vaccine.

Having earlier sold £5 million pounds worthy of shares he now has £600,000 in GSK (GlaxoSmithKline). These affairs were not notified to the government body that insists on all financial assets and connections being declared (see Andrew Pierce p. 11 D. Mail if you can ignore the cries of the wilfully biased).

And where do GSK have a facility, Barnard castle.

Perfect destination to take your family and test your eyes too, maybe pick up a bung or two whilst there?

---------

Regarding the app, I have no intention of downloading any app of that type, as I cannot see how it could possibly work on m phone. I have the location services disabled and rarely use bluetooth (even in the car) as these drain the battery unnecessarily.

I will continue to use good sense, and avoid crowded areas, maintain my bubble, and look after my own well being as much as I can. I am quite anti social anyway, so it is quite easy for me to maintain anyway.

As far as being spied upon by govt and or commercial outlets, I have no issue with this. I can refuse my details as I wish when I wish and deal with what comes from that (ie a lack of service from somewhere or whatever). I understand too the supposed 'almost' free society we live in, and how that could go against that principle. However, we have always needed some form of identity card,driving licence credit card passport, so what is the big deal of an id card? Too much 'Freeman of the land' rubbish there. (If you are a Freeman of the land, get off the road that I contributed towards or at least follow the rules for being able to use it).

What can all this data be used negatively for against us? I do not.know to be honest.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

roverbarmy 25th September 2020 12:57

Drip, drip, drip, drip, drip............................:eek::shrug::getme coat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCcdr4O-3gE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37N0aFmO19o

wraymond 25th September 2020 13:00

To answer your question: the value of all this data, and every other piece of data, that is asked for or demanded as a condition of service, is in the selling of it to advertisers to enable direct selling in the teeth of failing High Streets and shopping malls. The online business model is amazing, but is still in its infancy and due for the next revolution. That's before you even consider the conspiracy theorist principle. It's progress, of a sort.

clf 25th September 2020 14:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by wraymond (Post 2838750)
To answer your question: the value of all this data, and every other piece of data, that is asked for or demanded as a condition of service, is in the selling of it to advertisers to enable direct selling in the teeth of failing High Streets and shopping malls. The online business model is amazing, but is still in its infancy and due for the next revolution. That's before you even consider the conspiracy theorist principle. It's progress, of a sort.

And?

I am.one of those who refuse to tick.the box, refuse to accept cookies, demand information from cold callers on who they are, their address and if they are aware of how they got my number. (I used to request a sar, until I realised I would need to provide my address lol :duh: ). I signed up to the tps etc. And tried for a long time to use a nick name.whilst online (see my profile - it is just enough info I believe as to not appear rude lol).

But I have been thinking lately, particularly about cookies online. Advertising on some sites is a necessary evil, if it is targeted then I dont mind seeing it. Whereas having adverts based upon wallpaper drives me nuts.

There is of course the sinister side, where scammers try to trick.you or hack into a system.for information. That will not stop, nor by reducing the information you give will necessarily prevent it (random number and email generators over come this). Perhaps if it was targeted, it could make it easier to trace?

This is just a thought I have been having recently, but i will still be limiting what i divulge. I refuse to use the track and trace app, as it will affect my battery life on my phone and will have little benefit for the advertised purpose. That is the only reason I will not use it. Movement is tracked if someone were to care to investigate it. What benefit could that have to anyone, except to counter those who are involved in criminal or underhand behaviour?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Simondi 25th September 2020 16:20

Just to pick up on a point raised earlier.
I have the protect Scotland track and trace app. No noticeable difference in my battery life.

wraymond 25th September 2020 17:51

This is just a tiny example of the abu.. no, call it what it is, corruption of the system from within, of the whole principle of what is proposed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-54297962

This is the tip of the proverbial iceberg, so much for indiscriminate acceptance of 'official 'advice'. Naivete extremis.

clf 25th September 2020 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by wraymond (Post 2838792)
This is just a tiny example of the abu.. no, call it what it is, corruption of the system from within, of the whole principle of what is proposed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-54297962

This is the tip of the proverbial iceberg, so much for indiscriminate acceptance of 'official 'advice'. Naivete extremis.

this has nothing to do with the track and trace though. This sort of abuse of the data has gone on for decades. A previous company I worked for, in the days of the Nokia 3310, ie pre smart technology, a colleague was fired for calling a lady customer up and asking her out for dinner. The colleague misread the signals the woman gave. She admitted to flirting a little in the hope of discount, and of course he flirted a little to get the sale (I am not blaming the woman by the way - just stating the facts as I was told them). But the point is, this track and trace is nothing new, nor is its abuse - think about it, you buy a sofa, washing machine etc. The shop will take some details for delivery, you entrust those details in the belief that they will not be abused. GDPR means these details must be used for only specific purposes, and must be removed after a period of time. But the human element leaves it for abuse.

I do appreciate what you are trying to say, and to a certain extent I agree, for my personal privacy more than anything else -as I said before, I am anti social and simply do not want to talk to a stranger trying to sell me something. But playing devil's advocate, I do not see any difference to how 'things' used to be.

Even the sale of data, I struggle with an argument behind it (for marketing purposes that is). A company has foresight to purchase said data, from a company who had the foresight to sell said data, to maximise their profits in a cut throat world. It is capitalism at its finest. I dont agree with it, but I cannot help but admire that ingenuity. (and I will still tick the do not contact me box lol).

Be warned though, I 'chased' a cold caller at my door last week, who wanted to 'help' me get a better deal for my broadband. He said he worked for some kind of price comparison company (seemed wrong, as price comparison, surely is an online thing lol). So it is going backwards to the old days, where people called at your door to sell things - Hawkers are back.

I still do not see any practical issue with the big brother style of life we are in and heading further towards. I do have an issue with its principle though. Law and order can be monitored, with crimes being detected early (a DNA database would surely be a fantastic idea to cut down on crime). Then police would not come in for criticism for not being able to maintain a conviction, or not even being able to question anyone. Any abuse of the materials/data, though, would have to be met with serious consequence and punishment - that would take time of course for that message to filter through to the crims.

EDIT: regarding the young lady from the BBC story. With her name and location mentioned in the story, and modern lives online, I would bet she can be found easily on social media - of course she could block the person if they were unwanted approaches (she could send her father/brother around or obtain a restraining order in real life in the past). At this point, you have to ask the question, how much of our lives do we willingly lay bare, even without realising it. I do not condone what happened to her, I find it abhorrent, and those involved deserved what they got, as it does amount, in my mind to stalking.

With the social media 'stalking', if you go back 40 years, and met an attractive lady in the bar. Just briefly, just before she and her friends unexpectedly leave to go elsewhere. The following week, you go back to the bar in the hope of seeing her again, to speak more to her, and arrange a date etc. Social media, online dating are the new way of life for the younger generation (I have been told), you dont chat someone up at a bar anymore. Ditto kids playing with their computer games in their bedrooms, never seeing each other in the flesh. 40 years ago, we kicked a ball about, rode bikes, jumping over each other with home made ramps etc. Perhaps this is the new way of life, which is accelerating faster than we able or willing to accept it.

Or is it just that we are seeing more of it, as it is broadcast more freely than in the past. Stalking has always gone on, we just didnt get to hear of it, a newspapers only had so many reporters or lines, TV news only having a short slot on the air etc. Credit card fraud, I am sure existed in the 70's too. Think of the offers on the back of a sunday magazine, with the place to enter your card details (in full!). The amount of information we have access to, (silly and not so silly) I think has a massive effect on how we perceive real life now. But ultimately, how much different was it before?

---------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simondi (Post 2838778)
Just to pick up on a point raised earlier.
I have the protect Scotland track and trace app. No noticeable difference in my battery life.

Out of curiosity, did you previously use bluetooth, or have location services active on your phone? When I have bluetooth active on my phone, I have to charge it daily, even if it is not used (it will leave less than 30%). I can get two full days from it if it is switched off with my normal use, and still have 20%.

Les4048 26th September 2020 06:19

Couldn’t really be bothered reading all the comments but did laugh at the app tracking your every move for a reason not to do it :duh: what do you think location services on your phone is already doing :duh. If it saves just one life it’s worth it :getmecoat:

Simondi 26th September 2020 07:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by clf (Post 2838805)
--------------------------------------------------

Out of curiosity, did you previously use bluetooth, or have location services active on your phone? When I have bluetooth active on my phone, I have to charge it daily, even if it is not used (it will leave less than 30%). I can get two full days from it if it is switched off with my normal use, and still have 20%.

I've always got my Bluetooth and WiFi on. As I say no noticeable change in performance or endurance

Simondi 26th September 2020 07:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les4048 (Post 2838851)
Couldn’t really be bothered reading all the comments but did laugh at the app tracking your every move for a reason not to do it :duh: what do you think location services on your phone is already doing :duh. If it saves just one life it’s worth it :getmecoat:

Hit. Nail. Head.:bowdown:

ADO282 26th September 2020 07:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simondi (Post 2838858)
Hit. Nail. Head.:bowdown:

I don't have any location services enabled on mm telephone, and turn it on only when I need to make an outgoing call...............my battery life is definitely not affected by increased bluetooth useage !!!

It's not any altruistic intent I object to, it is the way it is the way it is marketed as such.

The reality is quite different, yet another data harvesting vehicle is not required, I have replaced my telephone with a Nokia 6310i, as it does what I want, make and receive telephone calls.

We in the UK are already the most surveilled in the world, there is no need to add to that a programme encouraging further descent into increased segregation of the activities you are permitted to do, and with whom.

It will not prevent the spread of coronavirus successfully, as to make the results in any way meaningful, there needs to be a greater than 60% uptake across the board.......so until it is mandated that you are tracked in such a way, and the equipment provided to do so, this will not happen.

My nail has a larger head, and easier to see ;)

Saga Lout 26th September 2020 08:14

My phone...

I have a £5.50 Samsung E2121, it's not a smartphone and it's my third one as I'm rough on stuff like this. It's got many functions and battery life is over a week, I can even use it to talk to people.

Simondi 26th September 2020 10:55

I'm glad I don't live in in the constant state of fear and mistrust that others do. Personally Im more than happy to have and use the app. If that in some small way helps someone like you not getting this horrible illness then great. I would have thought that intention was part of being a responsible human being

Anyway, go on yersel:}

Ian G 26th September 2020 11:25

Many years ago in the early days of mobile phones I had cause to dial 999 to report a case of arson, I gave no other information other than to request being connected to the police, my call was answered by an officer who called me by name, ever since that happened over 30 years ago I have had no doubt that any one of us who owns a mobile phone or uses the internet has our every move and contact known to one or more government run facilities so why worry about one more app..
Edit.. I even get an email every month from Garmin showing me every place that I have driven to and list's any new locations so the Sat Nav is spying as well !!

wraymond 26th September 2020 12:53

“Constant state of fear and mistrust”? I never stop laughing at the gullibility of my fellow man, in a non-patronising and kindly way, of course. I hasten to add.

And thanks for the thoughts regarding the well-being of those that remain free of the illness that mainly affects, by a large margin, the over 80’s!

It’s encouraging to learn of the generosity of spirit that manages to prevail, even in the face of the massive ill-health of thousands of others, with as yet untold hundreds of thousands of others. Far more than those affected by this disease by a long way.

I can assure doubters that there is no dilution of humanity or herd mentality in having an independent mind and celebrating that independence by asserting it, in a quietly respectful and responsible manner of course.

clf 26th September 2020 13:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simondi (Post 2838856)
I've always got my Bluetooth and WiFi on. As I say no noticeable change in performance or endurance

Thank you. I do not have bluetooth enabled nor location services enabled. It originally stemmed from my first smart phone. Having these features enabled, meant the battery would not last a day. Even if it was not used at all.

But now I switch the functions off, as I do not use them, and the functions are not good value for me. It is the same with computer program or OS features. If I install new program or OS, I switch off some running services that I do not use, as it robs some of the RAM that I paid to be able to use, therefore did not present value for me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having a track and trace app to me is a flawed consideration. It is better than nothing though, in terms of research and realistically monitoring its outbreak and spread. The app will not stop its spread. The people who have the app, will be conscientious anyway. If they present symptoms, they would self isolate, and be considerate of others, even without an app. Which is how it should be. The time between their coming into contact with someone with the virus, that person getting tested, and the app contacting those who were in contact during the last two weeks, means you will have started to show symptoms, if you came into contact.

The ones who refuse the app because they believe it to be a method of the govt. to track their movements, ending their belief that we live in a free society, are the ones who are likely to believe that this is just a flu, or a cold. Or they believe it is a man made virus released on society to 'bring it under control', and the app is just the next stage of this. They will not self isolate for consideration of others but rather because they feel awful. They will recover, which reinforces their belief that 'it is just a flu' :duh: Which in fairness it is, but one we do not currently have control of - but the flu is not the cold, which is what most people have when they say they have the flu. :duh:

I am of the belief from the (only a few) journals I have read, that is no more dangerous than an untreated flu (which is just as dangerous to those vulnerable to Covid). That may read as being flippant, but it isnt meant to be, as the flu untreated or vaccinated against is extremely dangerous. If I have a heavy cold, or flu like symptoms, I self isolate anyway, and this is what I think people should be doing. It took until the nineties for an adequate vaccine to reduce the effects of the flu on the global population. Until then, 100's of thousands of people died (unnecessarily) annually as a result of contracting the flu - like Covid, HIV, and other viruses, you do not die from it directly, you die from something else that would normally be benign, due to the effect the virus has had on your immune system.

Covid like AIDS/HIV are/were new ways for people to die, on top of the likes of flu etc. Having a vaccine will reduce this unnecessary death. Having a track and trace app will not stop this, as I mentioned, those that are considerate (which I like to consider myself) will self isolate, those that are inconsiderate or in denial, will not until they feel too bad to go outside, with or without an app on their phone.

It is the attitude of the virus and the consideration of others, that causes the problems. An app unfortunately, will not change that. If it would, I would ignore the value of my battery life (which is selfish and petty on the grand scale of things), and have it. If I could be convinced otherwise I would be happy to install it.

Oh, I do mask up, when in enclosed or crowded public spaces.

stocktake 26th September 2020 14:00

If this is true??? Shambles

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...ggest-12082178

AndyN01 26th September 2020 14:36

No idea if it's actually true but sounds about right for a Govt computer system. :duh:

Andy

mileshawk56 26th September 2020 16:08

I think the problem is computors can do many things and consequently someone says "we can get the computor to do that" so away they go. Doesnt solve the problem because in this instance the problem is us humans and we can be relied on to do the right thing or the wrong thing regardless of the computor. Like the mans said- just keep washing your hands and wear a mask when needed. Ive got a Nokia 6301 so I expect a midnight knock- but it will no doubt be at 3.40p.m. Chris.S.

mileshawk56 26th September 2020 16:46

Further to my last I have just read the flyer around the Daily Mail about this APP- Regardless of any "Big Government"alarms if someone had been given the task of concocting the form and content of a message to alarm and dismay the population this would have won top prize. And because of the saturation of iPhones in the country that will be very many millions. They must be mad, bl--dy demented. Chris.S.

wraymond 26th September 2020 18:52

No Christopher, merely incompetent. It's absolutely embarrassing that we (they) can't even get that right. What hope for confidentiality now?
Will somebody please get a grip? Not for the first time, I smell a rat.

Stevie25 26th September 2020 18:58

From the people who brought you the ferry company with no ferries at £96m, the wrong type of satellites at £400m and the wrong type of PPE at hundreds of millions:

‘Shambles as NHS Covid-19 app can't accept test results from NHS hospitals‘

clf 26th September 2020 21:36

What if we have been told exactly what the data is being used for? You would need time for that proof to be 'proven' but without giving it time, you cannot gain the proof.

It is just a thought............... :shrug: From past experience, I do agree, to question everything, but there has to be a limit before conspiracy theorists take over, and the idiots run the world (hmmm that may have already started).

clf 26th September 2020 23:18

All of the data that would be useful to criminal elements, is already given by you (banking etc). The government will already have access to it. They can if they wished to, trace the majority of your movements, number plate recognition, phone signal, card payments, internet usage, electricity demand, even posts on here. The track and trace, just leaves a shorter paper trail back to them lol.

For me, my data protection is against criminal elements. I see no restrictions coming from the govt having it, that they would not already enforce via legislation. Speeding or benefit frauds would be the big ones for the majority I would suggest. Both of those affect us all negatively so preventing it surely would beneficial?

wraymond 27th September 2020 10:11

The longer this guessing game goes on the more serious it gets. Blind faith in some divine intervention is one thing. Abject surrender to proven false prophets is quite another. There are so many ridiculous quack remedies being touted it's positively medieval. Possibly, and highly arguably, for similar reasons.

So what happens to infectious particles when exhaled? Do they fall to the ground within a couple of feet, or project less than 6' then fall? These current ones are reputed to be the very very very smallest things in the known universe aren't they? So almost weightless. At the least, lighter than a feather? Or a grain of sand? They could go horizontally for miles on normal vector currents. So 6' is no more than a hiccup or spit - no pun. No joke either.

Go out wherever you want to. Whenever you want to. Just wear your blessed mask if you want to. If you get infected, it's your fault.

Just like any other malady, stay away from others you don't know and if it's not your habit or culture, adopt a different one. Life is a bitc.. sometimes, get over yourself.

The damage from now-neglected illnesses and just waiting around the corner, with massively bigger problems attaching, is far more dangerous and misery- producing. And it will be for years to come, long after this flu is in the history books - those by Hans Christian Anderson.

mh007 27th September 2020 10:35

1 Attachment(s)
Had this sent to me (attached).

Kind of puts things into perspective!

steve-45 29th September 2020 10:27

NHS sent a text message to my old Nokia 6310i saying that I should download the new tracing app. The only thing Bluetooth does on this old phone is connect to Bluetooth enabled printers. :shrug:

wraymond 29th September 2020 13:37

Stranger than fiction, thousands of police have been ordered not to download the App onto their work phones, only to their own phones.

A spokesperson said it was not for security reasons although there is not a blanket ban on other Apps, that might even be classed as frivolous, being downloaded to work phones.
This is just a snippet of what is going on, the Iceberg principle looms.

The naivete of the general public is limitless and born of inherent trust. But the assumption of it by governments is criminally insulting, especially as the country is now by Law under virtual house arrest.

edwardmk 29th September 2020 14:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by mh007 (Post 2839043)
Had this sent to me (attached).

Kind of puts things into perspective!

Anyone see the graphic in the last issue of the Sunday Times? Also gave a great perspective. Apparently the sensitivity of the Covid testing has been increased to avoid false negatives. The downside is there are now huge numbers of false positives created by trying to err on the side of safety. As Chris Whitty once said(or it might have been Patrick Vallance); directly to a journalist, when intercepting a press question for Boris, 'what you have to understand is that there is no scenario without risk.' I feel the risk is not best managed by locking everything down. That is simply not sustainable. There is carnage in the economy, much of it to properly manifest over the next few months. The private sector is being decimated and in turn the future tax take, which actually funds the army of public sector workers currently drawing full salary. Those dictating the loss of our freedoms are all either independently wealthy or on 100% of their large government paychecks. They are able to go for years with only minor financial consequences for them personally. Let those who feel invulnerable go about business in a sensible way. Work towards 'Covid free hospitals for the vast backlog of non-Covid work. Properly shield the vulnerable and get a grip on testing where testing really matters like Care Homes. 'The road to Hell is paved with good intentions' comes to mind.

stocktake 29th September 2020 17:41

You could always invite 30 people to the turkeys funeral....:getmecoat:

edwardmk 29th September 2020 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by stocktake (Post 2839442)

So good. Spontaneous lol. Wife wondering if I'm alright.:D

wraymond 30th September 2020 08:34

Can I come? Never seen a circular coffin with big breasts.

p2roverman 30th September 2020 13:57

Well I've now got my first smartphone and have downloaded the NHS app. I've no issues of having my movements traced, but if I do get a call from Track & Trace they will have to tell me when and where I was when I came into contact with an infected person (something that I i understand will not be done) but this would be the only way I could prove their call was genuine, not from a scammer.
Alternatively I leave the phone at home or switch it off - I believe just switching the bluetooth off is sufficient?)

roverbarmy 30th September 2020 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by stocktake (Post 2839442)

Banham Poultry and Bernard Matthews will be short staffed due to all the positive tests! Many at home "isolating" with who knows how many others. Workers are also "bussed in" from Great Yarmouth and surrounding areas!

I wonder if they have the app?:shrug:

trikey 30th September 2020 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by roverbarmy (Post 2839690)
Banham Poultry and Bernard Matthews will be short staffed due to all the positive tests! Many at home "isolating" with who knows how many others. Workers are also "bussed in" from Great Yarmouth and surrounding areas!

My workplace has issued a memo to say that the track & trace app must be switched off when phones are stored in peoples lockers as one text could alert all the phones in the locker room.

Things like this will make the system unusable :duh:

Ian G 30th September 2020 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by roverbarmy (Post 2839690)

Banham Poultry in the old Gaymers Cider works where my Dad worked pre WW2 and I started work in the apple press room in 1965. The factory was machine gunned by the luftwaffe in the war and I remember that the bullet holes were still visible in the tin roof of the coopers shop ...

xsport 30th September 2020 20:54

whats the point of track and trace ? the government now records deaths only after 4 wks of testing positive .... WHY ? is it that the virus only lasts 4 wks ? and getting back to track and trace why isolate for only2 wks and its gone ? even you dont show symptoms are they still carriers after 2 wks ? they should be retested before being let back into society or does the test only show antibodies but they are still infectious ? there seems to be no point in any of this as its futile to even try. people go for a test and show no antibodies ... and so what ? you are not immune .... you can get it on your way home. if you show antibodies you can catch it again and be a super carrier at the same time. i have never been tested but the tests i have seen on tv take saliva samples ... so if its in body fluids it must be in urine the same as other aids type diseases. so who is checking the water we drink ? who knows whats going on or do they know ? i suspect the real death tolls are and have been in truth horrifying but not for your ears. i believe that at the moment that the deaths are 150 to 200 per day in truth. hence the panic. however for your ears after doctoring the numbers today they are 71. yea right. ...:eek:

wraymond 1st October 2020 10:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by xsport (Post 2839715)
whats the point of track and trace ? the government now records deaths only after 4 wks of testing positive .... WHY ? is it that the virus only lasts 4 wks ? and getting back to track and trace why isolate for only2 wks and its gone ? even you dont show symptoms are they still carriers after 2 wks ? they should be retested before being let back into society or does the test only show antibodies but they are still infectious ? there seems to be no point in any of this as its futile to even try. people go for a test and show no antibodies ... and so what ? you are not immune .... you can get it on your way home. if you show antibodies you can catch it again and be a super carrier at the same time. i have never been tested but the tests i have seen on tv take saliva samples ... so if its in body fluids it must be in urine the same as other aids type diseases. so who is checking the water we drink ? who knows whats going on or do they know ? i suspect the real death tolls are and have been in truth horrifying but not for your ears. i believe that at the moment that the deaths are 150 to 200 per day in truth. hence the panic. however for your ears after doctoring the numbers today they are 71. yea right. ...:eek:

To answer your question:
"They" don't know anything. "They" believe the current crop of scientists who are persuaded by other scientists who have decided much earlier, before this outbreak, what "it" is.

Much of the reaction is hopeful panic-stricken knee-jerk thrashing about and the wild swings of instructions are pathetic attempts to stamp out an outbreak of bushfires.

"They" are terrified of adverse reaction and ridicule but not one of them has any personal expertise in the field so put all their faith in the hands of others who they know can never be brought to account.

The advisors have complete assurance that they cannot be held to account, let alone prosecuted, for the advice they give. Indeed, their careers will flourish, but probably in other directions. They are not crooks, merely defenders of their own industry.

More than anything else however, is the lack of vision and the absence of understanding of the laws of consequences. The deliberate non-treatment of urgent examples of existing illnesses, some in critical mid-term management of their plight, which have a hugely increased danger of unnecessary demise is scandalous.

While I truly sympathise with victims and families of the C-19 plague it seems to me a matter of urgent priority to maintain uninterrupted treatment for existing seriously ill patients. I'm sure, had the NHS been able to determine for itself the priorities, it might well have been different.

After all this time there is still no valid reason for the diversion of health services from the patients with the most urgent clinical dependency. They should not have been neglected and wilfully placed in the most horrible predicament.

xsport 1st October 2020 14:39

a common occurance years ago was picking up verrucas on ones toes underneath in particular at swimming baths. they are caused by a virus. the waters in the baths were heavily chlorinated and tasted awful. my very limited understanding about sewage recycle methods are all bacterial. chemicals and viruses cannot be removed totally but then im not an expert and dont profess to be.
live aids type viruses have been discovered many times in sewage systems and coupling that with the amount of flooding we experience these days the mixing of the two systems is inevitable. flood gates are overwhelmed and discharged in to all areas not just rivers giving rise to many diseases. only today on yahoo news rivers in the usa have been shown to contain covid 19 and think about how diluted that infection should have been in terms of water volumes. im not saying this is the cause of the pandemic but merely to show its capabilities. there will no doubt be many more pandemics in the years to come and again there will be no vaccine as the virus has a head start and will change. the world is massively over populated giving rise to climate change and pandemics. we are all lambs to the slaughter im afraid to say maybe not now but its not that far away. rant over .....;)

wraymond 1st October 2020 16:13

There's a lot in what you say. It sounds like there might be other unmentioned sources of this and it reflects on other disinfection products and procedures of meat and products.

If it is so widely prevalent there is a huge liability problem for official authorities, especially in sewage treatment. That might be the background to explain the hysterical panic. Not that I'm conspiring or anything. Just saying.

ADO282 1st October 2020 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by xsport (Post 2839816)
a common occurance years ago was picking up verrucas on ones toes underneath in particular at swimming baths. they are caused by a virus. the waters in the baths were heavily chlorinated and tasted awful. my very limited understanding about sewage recycle methods are all bacterial. chemicals and viruses cannot be removed totally but then im not an expert and dont profess to be.
live aids type viruses have been discovered many times in sewage systems and coupling that with the amount of flooding we experience these days the mixing of the two systems is inevitable. flood gates are overwhelmed and discharged in to all areas not just rivers giving rise to many diseases. only today on yahoo news rivers in the usa have been shown to contain covid 19 and think about how diluted that infection should have been in terms of water volumes. im not saying this is the cause of the pandemic but merely to show its capabilities. there will no doubt be many more pandemics in the years to come and again there will be no vaccine as the virus has a head start and will change. the world is massively over populated giving rise to climate change and pandemics. we are all lambs to the slaughter im afraid to say maybe not now but its not that far away. rant over .....;)

So can you get AIDS or perhaps the odd verruca from drinking water, or perhaps driving through a big puddle on the road, or wading at the beach perhaps?

I don't think so do you? there is a lot to be gained from not paying heed to some of the absolute nonsense reported in the news, or worrying about the what ifs and the whys and wherefores, and get on with life as best as you can.

It's much easier.........trust me