The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Lovema75 fund (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=179978)

DAS68 11th April 2014 22:06

Lovema75 fund

Right guys and girls- I don't know David but I am up for helping a fellow brethren when the chips are down. I propose we all throw in a few quid each to get him another 75, the guy will save you a hundred times this in garage fees with his advice. I am not sure how to go about it but I will start the fund off with 25 quid.

seancar 11th April 2014 22:07

Stick me in for the same worth every penny.

trikey 11th April 2014 22:08

Set up a paypal fund, some from me too :)

thomas 75 connie 11th April 2014 22:12

Me too :} everybody deserves a chance

DAS68 11th April 2014 22:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 1637344)
Set up a paypal fund, some from me too :)

Ok, how do we do it? We can use mine ?

T-Shirt 11th April 2014 22:27

I would be more than happy to put a few quid in as well, but I really think it should be cleared with David first to make sure he is ok with it

DAS68 11th April 2014 22:30

Mine is [email protected] seancar will vouch for me as people don't know me that much on here. Let's make this happen guys 500 quid is the target

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Shirt (Post 1637374)
I would be more than happy to put a few quid in as well, but I really think it should be cleared with David first to make sure he is ok with it

Ok, but he did say he was looking for a cheap or free car so if we give him that then he has agreed to it?

seancar 11th April 2014 22:32

Its easy dont worry just send everyone who offers your paypal email and they can then gift over what ever they want to give. Then just make a post saying a thank you to who ever and a running total. We dont need to know who has given what just how much we have in the kitty.
Come on you lot its a good cause even a pound will help us here. David is worth his weight in gold to this club, I will donate my time 7f we need to do any work on the car free of charge.

T-Shirt 11th April 2014 22:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAS68 (Post 1637376)
Mine is [email protected] seancar will vouch for me as people don't know me that much on here. Let's make this happen guys 500 quid is the target

Donation sent :}

DAS68 11th April 2014 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by seancar (Post 1637378)
Its easy dont worry just send everyone who offers your paypal email and they can then gift over what ever they want to give. Then just make a post saying a thank you to who ever and a running total. We dont need to know who has given what just how much we have in the kitty.
Come on you lot its a good cause even a pound will help us here. David is worth his weight in gold to this club, I will donate my time 7f we need to do any work on the car free of charge.

Done, come on guys

Hantsdave 11th April 2014 22:45

I like this idea but do we know which model 75 he wants? :shrug:

If he's short of cash he may be better off with a 50mpg+ diesel... etc..

My niece has asked me to sell her V6 connie for her for not much, I'd be happy to let it go cheap if it would help.

Cheers

Dave.

Scaramanga 11th April 2014 22:46

Ill donate if some1 can please explain to me exactly how....:}

v-man 11th April 2014 22:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hantsdave (Post 1637388)

Cheers

Dave.

An interesting point, as we all know its not just the cost of buying a car, but all of its running costs too.

DAS68 11th April 2014 22:49

Quote:

My niece has asked me to sell her V6 connie for her for not much, I'd be happy to let it go cheap if it would help.

Cheers

Dave.

Do you have a PayPall account if so just send the payment to the email address in my post, if you don't then you can open one as it's free and easy if you google PayPall

seancar 11th April 2014 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by v-man (Post 1637390)
An interesting point, as we all know its not just the cost of buying a car, but all of its running costs too.

I do agree think a cdt would be better and last time he was down he said he quite like the diesel. I was just flicking though the members cars for sale roverben had a cdt up does anyone know it its still up for grabs.

DAS68 11th April 2014 22:50

We have 45 quid in the can so far, thanks to the donators. I will update every time we get a payment

seancar 11th April 2014 22:51

Quote:

Cheers

Dave.

Thank you could you let us have some more details please so we can talk to david

DAS68 11th April 2014 22:54

Lovema75 fund

Quote:

Originally Posted by seancar (Post 1637393)
I do agree think a cdt would be better and last time he was down he said he quite like the diesel. I was just flicking though the members cars for sale roverben had a cdt up does anyone know it its still up for grabs.

How do I share the eBay link on tapatalk

thomas 75 connie 11th April 2014 22:59

Done sir hope it helps:}

DAS68 11th April 2014 23:00

There is one on eBay item number 151271849349

The pot stands at 75 quid. Thanks to all who have donated

Scaramanga 11th April 2014 23:06

Donation sent....best of luck....

Hantsdave 11th April 2014 23:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by seancar (Post 1637396)
Thank you could you let us have some more details please so we can talk to david

Hi Sean,

Its a Silver 2.0 V6 Connie. 51 plate.
Tax expired Dec (on SORN), MOT expired last week.
Approx 110,000 miles.
Last advisory listed N/S ball joint dust cover split, play on N/S steering arm, N/S front drop link dust cover split.

I drove it back from Cardiff to Hampshire in November and it didn't miss a beat. It has a tow bar. Body work in pretty good nick. Seat backs need tidying up and the biggest drag is the cruise control isn't working.

There are lots of garage bills for clutch etc. well over a grand in total.

I was going to do it up and sell it for 600 ish but I'd let it go as is for 400.

I hope this helps in deliberation.:D

Cheers

Dave.

Mikeal1 11th April 2014 23:07

I think he is after a tourer as he is setting up his own gardening business.

DAS68 11th April 2014 23:09

Guys the pot stands at 175 quid, brilliant and thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikeal1 (Post 1637408)
I think he is after a tourer as he is setting up his own gardening business.

Tow bar and trailer👍

v-man 11th April 2014 23:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAS68 (Post 1637403)
There is one on eBay item number 151271849349

Can you drive a Samsung Galaxy S4 case?

;)

alanjay 11th April 2014 23:12

Thank goodness!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAS68 (Post 1637339)
Right guys and girls- I don't know David but I am up for helping a fellow brethren when the chips are down. I propose we all though in a few quid each to get him another 75, the guy will save you a hundred times this in garage fees with his advice. I am not sure how to go about it but I will start the fund off with 25 quid.

Seancar's original thread has been shut down so I'm glad to have found this, I'm in for £25, what the club needs is more Lovema's and less PM bullying cowards.
Moderators pleases note, if you are not careful membership will drop faster than the number of 75's on the road.

DAS68 11th April 2014 23:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by v-man (Post 1637411)
Can you drive a Samsung Galaxy S4 case?

Haha, possibly ! The number is listed as 151271849394

v-man 11th April 2014 23:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAS68 (Post 1637414)
Haha, possibly ! The number is listed as 151271849394

That works.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151271849394

Hmm, auto box with issues.

DAS68 11th April 2014 23:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by v-man (Post 1637415)
That works.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151271849394

Hmm, auto box with issues.

Cheap though and easy fixed with good advice

Grumpy1 11th April 2014 23:21

A bit sent from me Dave.

Chad. :}

v-man 11th April 2014 23:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAS68 (Post 1637420)

Perhaps, but I know he's had an auto box before and had problems with it. However a manual version can also prove problematic as we know.

Mischief 11th April 2014 23:23

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...01404103227039

If my xenons sell I'm in for donating :}

seancar 11th April 2014 23:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hantsdave (Post 1637406)
Hi Sean,

Its a Silver 2.0 V6 Connie. 51 plate.
Tax expired Dec (on SORN), MOT expired last week.
Approx 110,000 miles.
Last advisory listed N/S ball joint dust cover split, play on N/S steering arm, N/S front drop link dust cover split.

I drove it back from Cardiff to Hampshire in November and it didn't miss a beat. It has a tow bar. Body work in pretty good nick. Seat backs need tidying up and the biggest drag is the cruise control isn't working.

There are lots of garage bills for clutch etc. well over a grand in total.

I was going to do it up and sell it for 600 ish but I'd let it go as is for 400.

I hope this helps in deliberation.:D

Cheers

Dave.

Thank you I like the sound of this we know its history comes from a member so is going to be honest lol. Its in budget we mite even be able to tax it for him. I have a small trailer he can borrow to get back on his feet. I know david he is not after charity at all just needs a leg up to get himself back on his own 2 feet. The man is a worker

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAS68 (Post 1637420)

Please lads I dont mind giving my time up lol but changing auto boxes lol not a nice job.

Hantsdave 11th April 2014 23:30

Perhaps some of us can discuss this at the POL in the morning. I'm off to bed now as I have to be up at 0400 in order to meet up at Clacket Lane on the M25. :eek:

DAS68 11th April 2014 23:30

Wuss lol ok point taken

Jim W 11th April 2014 23:37

Just made a little donation wish it could have been more for a good cause

DAS68 11th April 2014 23:37

The pot stands at 180 quid, I guess it will be slow over the weekend due to pol so spread the word while your there. Respect to all you guys who have chipped in so far

Jim W 11th April 2014 23:39

Get a collection pot going at pol every little helps

DAS68 11th April 2014 23:39

Up to 190 quid guys, nearly half way there in a couple of hours, what a club!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim W (Post 1637442)
Get a collection pot going at pol every little helps

Top man, well said sir!

alanjay 11th April 2014 23:48

A message to Lovema!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAS68 (Post 1637339)
Right guys and girls- I don't know David but I am up for helping a fellow brethren when the chips are down. I propose we all though in a few quid each to get him another 75, the guy will save you a hundred times this in garage fees with his advice. I am not sure how to go about it but I will start the fund off with 25 quid.

Lovema, I've been there but never got this level of support, for goodness sake swallow your pride and accept. It's not charity, just decent human beings repaying another decent human being with thanks.

Here's a compromise, if you won't accept this as an offer of a gift, treat it as a long term interest free loan, if it makes you feel better to promise to repay as and when you can afford, none of want it but will accept your view.

There's plenty of decent Tourers on Autotrader now at budget prices, they might look expensive to you now but when you are back on your feet they'll seem cheap.

If you turn this offer of support down the bullies have won, for goodness sake don't let them win.

DAS68 11th April 2014 23:48

Pot stands at 215 quid great stuff guys

harrisop48 11th April 2014 23:52

Brilliant Idea!!!

Dave,

As above. I'm in. Just a thought. Not a brilliant idea to login to Paypal after two large (extremley) Gin&Tonics. Strewth not sure about the spelling either!!!!

Seancar :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::poke::poke:, you have the job of making sure David accepts this from the members. GOOD LUCK!!!

DAS68 11th April 2014 23:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanjay (Post 1637446)
Lovema, I've been there but never got this level of support, for goodness sake swallow your pride and accept. It's not charity, just decent human beings repaying another decent human being with thanks.

Here's a compromise, if you won't accept this as an offer of a gift, treat it as a long term interest free loan, if it makes you feel better to promise to repay as and when you can afford, none of want it but will accept your view.

There's plenty of decent Tourers on Autotrader now at budget prices, they might look expensive to you now but when you are back on your feet they'll seem cheap.

If you turn this offer of support down the bullies have won, for goodness sake don't let them win.

Not many of us have!!! It's about paying it forward, when something nice is done to you then pay it forward to another, no charity involved as for me I rape and pillage this forum for information everyday and when I get an answer it's from someone like David,that is paying it forward!

Quote:

Originally Posted by harrisop48 (Post 1637449)
Dave,

As above. I'm in. Just a thought. Not a brilliant idea to login to Paypal after two large (extremley) Gin&Tonics. Strewth not sure about the spelling either!!!!

Seancar :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::poke::poke:, you have the job of making sure David accepts this from the members. GOOD LUCK!!!

Log in mate and drunk spend, I do it all the time and it's very therapeutic, short term that is!

Arctic 12th April 2014 00:00

Tourer here if it can be got going but as with cars you just never know until you get your hands on them :shrug:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-75-T...03758558&rt=nc

DAS68 12th April 2014 00:02

Ha double post, sorry

Dragrad 12th April 2014 00:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAS68 (Post 1637455)
Ha double post, sorry

Lesser duplicate post removed :p:;):D:D

DAS68 12th April 2014 00:20

Cheers mate

alanjay 12th April 2014 00:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAS68 (Post 1637450)
Not many of us have!!! It's about paying it forward, when something nice is done to you then pay it forward to another, no charity involved as for me I rape and pillage this forum for information everyday and when I get an answer it's from someone like David,that is paying it forward!

Log in mate and drunk spend, I do it all the time and it's very therapeutic, short term that is!

My post was about my belief whatever you put into life you get tenfold back, put in something good and it's repaid tenfold, put in something bad and the you get an equal level of repayment.
Lovma has put in a lot of good, so deserves a tenfold repayment, so just I just offered him an option if he can't see he deserves our repayment.

DAS68 12th April 2014 00:53

The pot is 225 quid 0150 am I am off to bed, crack on guys 50% there, come on let's do this, so proud to be in this club!

ratsalad 12th April 2014 01:44

Small donation from me too. :bowdown::D

iandux 12th April 2014 01:54

Been there myself - managed the grand total of 3 redundancies, so know how it is. Although I havent been here long, learned so much from guys like David, so have chipped in also.

Nice to know that there are still good people in the world (lots of them on here).

Proud to be a member:grouphug:

DaveyC 12th April 2014 06:38

Donation sent :}

Perhaps this thread will send an appropriate message...................

Dave :}

rontug 12th April 2014 07:02

I'M IN. were do I send the Donation.was deciding wether to go to the POL but will donate my fuel money instead.I have few tears in my eyes good luck I have a feeling he might end up with the best car.Ron

rontug 12th April 2014 07:18

Have made a donation Via seancar e.mail.Have I made a mistake.seem to have lost the thred

grandy 12th April 2014 07:44

payment sent,i think you had better talk to David before taking the risk of buying something he don't want, his last words on this was he needed a estate so that he could start his own business , thank you for giving me the chance to help.-----------GARY.

klarzy 12th April 2014 07:45

Donation sent.

Guys, please let me know which type of car and a message from the club to Dave and I will print up a special set of speedo dials custom made for him as a gift with the club logo etc. they can be fitted before the car is handed over.;)

This is a great thing WE are doing, the critics should be ashamed and humbled by the friendly nature I generally find here. :bowdown:

KenR 12th April 2014 07:54

Payment sent. I do hope we can get something sorted. ****** brill stuff!

Ken

Nige B 12th April 2014 07:57

Donation sent.... hope he doesn't feel too proud to accept is my only concern.A guy who will give stuff away and posted free to boot , deserves this act of generosity from members.Well done to all involved ...:bowdown::bowdown:

mattyclul 12th April 2014 08:10

He is more than welcome to borrow my car as a stop gap in the mean time.

Its for sale on here at the moment but has had no takers so is just sitting on my drive.

Its not a tourer or an auto but it might be able to get him going until he can find the right one?

coab 12th April 2014 08:18

A few quid sent.;)

seancar 12th April 2014 08:23

Thank you all for this and the pms I have had over kind offers I have had of cars.
I am waiting to hear back from david, I have been thinking now we all know david is a proud man, so I was thinking when david is back on his feet, and he has got his dream car lol. That this one is used by other members who have fallen on hard times or they are left car less though break down. So if a member that only has one car and it has had to come off the road for any reason the can use this. What do you all think??

scorpio stu 12th April 2014 08:26

Last time I spoke to him he was adamant it needs to be a tourer. Donation to be made today. Great club but concerned about bullying pm's. What's that about and what was the context ?

dattrike 12th April 2014 08:44

Donation sent.

Huey 12th April 2014 08:54

Count me in too. :}
What's the total now?

DAS68 12th April 2014 08:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by seancar (Post 1637554)
Thank you all for this and the pms I have had over kind offers I have had of cars.
I am waiting to hear back from david, I have been thinking now we all know david is a proud man, so I was thinking when david is back on his feet, and he has got his dream car lol. That this one is used by other members who have fallen on hard times or they are left car less though break down. So if a member that only has one car and it has had to come off the road for any reason the can use this. What do you all think??

Great idea mate

seancar 12th April 2014 08:59

I have £10.00 sent to my paypal account which I will send over today. Cant believe the generosity of members. Thank you all. Now you lot up the pol shake that tin in front of Christopher please lol.

seancar 12th April 2014 09:01

I am not going to be about much today sorry to say, tracey wants her new flooring down lol so thats me sorted today. Keep it coming in please every pounds helps.

beejay 12th April 2014 09:01

Donation sent. with pleasure

DAS68 12th April 2014 09:05

The pot stands at 428 quid, brilliant guys, well done: bowdown:

BaroqueMoon 12th April 2014 09:07

Donation sent. Glad to be part of it.

scorpio stu 12th April 2014 09:08

I have a trailer he can have if we only get a saloon. I was going to sell it but David can have it.

Placebo 12th April 2014 09:13

Donation sent.

Mischief 12th April 2014 09:14

Tourer here:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...01404083155619

myrover2013 12th April 2014 09:18

Just let me know where to send some cash, i have said we should start up a bank account with everyone putting in a £10.00 a month

trimani 12th April 2014 09:21

Donation sent

Trimani

DAS68 12th April 2014 09:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by myrover2013 (Post 1637591)
Just let me know where to send some cash, i have said we should start up a bank account with everyone putting in a £10.00 a month

[email protected] please :bowdown:

DAS68 12th April 2014 09:29

we are up to 474 quid

KenR 12th April 2014 09:30

Great response folks, how is it going so far?

Ken

DAS68 12th April 2014 09:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenR (Post 1637599)
Great response folks, how is it going so far?

Ken

at 474 quid still,

MF1980 12th April 2014 09:44

A tad more now ;)

I have a MkII Nav player I can donate if need be lol!!

I believe that what goes around, comes around, so helping someone out when they are down can only be a good thing for everyone. :)

DAS68 12th April 2014 09:48

I have ran out of thanks sorry

DAS68 12th April 2014 09:51

we are at 504 quid, could get him a pair of 75's at this rate

KenR 12th April 2014 10:00

Fabulous! It would be great to get to a grand but I know that folk can only go so far with spare cash. Still an amazing result though for such a short amount of time.Very positive to see so many solid folk on here. Kinda making my day if I am honest :}

Ken

klarzy 12th April 2014 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenR (Post 1637618)
Fabulous! It would be great to get to a grand but I know that folk can only go so far with spare cash. Still an amazing result though for such a short amount of time.Very positive to see so many solid folk on here. Kinda making my day if I am honest :}

Ken

Sheds a tear...... then remembers I am hungry..:drool4:

seancar 12th April 2014 10:47

Quick update
I have spoken to david and its a all systems go.
He can not thank you all so much he cant believe it. In fact shocked close to tears.
He will be at the pol tomorrow and to be honest he is worried as he does not know what to say to people. He us gob smacked,
Now its a cdt tourervwe are after for him, reason are as follows
Cdt cheaper to run
Tourer for work which again I understand, david wants ti get back on his feet. So with a saloon he cant do this, trailer is outthe question again not davids doing he has to park on the road, so some one would nlck the trailer.
Thank you all agaiin

Cockaa 12th April 2014 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by seancar (Post 1637651)
Quick update
I have spoken to david and its a all systems go.
He can not thank you all so much he cant believe it. In fact shocked close to tears.
He will be at the pol tomorrow and to be honest he is worried as he does not know what to say to people. He us gob smacked,
Now its a cdt tourervwe are after for him, reason are as follows
Cdt cheaper to run
Tourer for work which again I understand, david wants ti get back on his feet. So with a saloon he cant do this, trailer is outthe question again not davids doing he has to park on the road, so some one would nlck the trailer.
Thank you all agaiin

Well on that note i've just made a donation to such a good cause, well done guys & keep up the good work :bowdown::bowdown:

Rev Jules 12th April 2014 10:50

Donation

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAS68 (Post 1637611)
we are at 504 quid, could get him a pair of 75's at this rate

Just sent some money to a worthy cause.

Julien.

:smilie_re::smilie_re:

DAS68 12th April 2014 10:54

564 quid guys! how are we going sort the car out? I am just sending the pot to whoever finds a car or is it going straight to David?

Cockaa 12th April 2014 10:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAS68 (Post 1637658)
564 quid guys! how are we going sort the car out? I am just sending the pot to whoever finds a car or is it going straight to David?

I think it would be nice if he played a part in choosing the car, what you guys think? :shrug:

championdaddy 12th April 2014 11:07

1 Attachment(s)
Ok.............here is my contribution.................I have a 2002 1.8t just passed the MOT last week.
I was going to sell it at £800.
I will be quite happy to let it go for half that if he wants it.
It has OOODLES of history.....headgasket done, belts done clutch done and turbo replace by me.......It just needs the exhaust changing which i have in the post and ...HOPEFULLY....the down pipe and flexi from Sean.

This is the car in question.....

DAS68 12th April 2014 11:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cockaa (Post 1637660)
I think it would be nice if he played a part in choosing the car, what you guys think? :shrug:

Yep defo, I will just send him the money

scorpio stu 12th April 2014 11:10

Donation made, wish it could have been more. Let's hope we raise enough to get him a decent car, a years insurance and tax. We all need a leg up sometimes and hats off to all of you.

DAS68 12th April 2014 11:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by championdaddy (Post 1637664)
Ok.............here is my contribution.................I have a 2002 1.8t just passed the MOT last week.

It has OOODLES of history.....headgasket done, belts done clutch done and turbo replace by me.......It just needs the exhaust changing which i have in the post and ...HOPEFULLY....the down pipe and flexi from Sean.

It has to be a tourer for his business, nice car though and great offer!

scorpio stu 12th April 2014 11:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by championdaddy (Post 1637664)

What a fantastic offer

championdaddy 12th April 2014 11:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAS68 (Post 1637667)
It has to be a tourer for his business, nice car though and great offer!

Oh well, it was only a thought.:duh:

To anyone else.....£600...........or if it goes on the bay .... £800

scorpio stu 12th April 2014 11:13

I remember corin aka messenger had a diesel tourer he got from Pete tourer and remember he has it up for sale

rich17865 12th April 2014 11:25

I know David is interested in my tourer, I am sure it would do him well, but he couldnt afford it.

I have already offered it to him at a hugely reduced price, perhaps with this fund he can get enough together.

Tax until end of October and mot until December, absolutely nothing wrong with it. An ideal keeper that needs no work.

grandy 12th April 2014 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by championdaddy (Post 1637669)
Oh well, it was only a thought.:duh:

To anyone else.....£600...........or if it goes on the bay .... £800

yes it was a though but a nice one Paul,

Seafrost 12th April 2014 11:28

Well done everyone, count me in, payment sent. Lovema75... you are too well liked around these parts to not be part of the furniture I'm afraid, so you are here to stay my friend.

DAS68 12th April 2014 11:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by rich17865 (Post 1637673)
I know David is interested in my tourer, I am sure it would do him well, but he couldnt afford it.

I have already offered it to him at a hugely reduced price, perhaps with this fund he can get enough together.

Tax until end of October and mot until December, absolutely nothing wrong with it. An ideal keeper that needs no work.

How much are you offering it to David for Rich?

rich17865 12th April 2014 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAS68 (Post 1637680)
How much are you offering it to David for Rich?

£850 is what I had offered it to him for.

The wife would cut my fingers off if she knew :o

DAS68 12th April 2014 11:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by rich17865 (Post 1637682)
£850 is what I had offered it to him for.

The wife would cut my fingers off if she knew :o

We are up to 579 in the pot so far

Cockaa 12th April 2014 11:38

That's a very kind offer but he really wants a diesel by the sounds of it :shrug:

rich17865 12th April 2014 11:43

Diesels are notorious for expensive repair bills, plus with petrol at 10 pence per litre cheaper, the difference in fuel consumption is negligible.

Remember my car needs nothing with all major jobs done recently.

Cockaa 12th April 2014 11:55

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...rs?logcode=flp

This looks half tidy for the money guys :shrug:

klarzy 12th April 2014 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by rich17865 (Post 1637689)
Diesels are notorious for expensive repair bills, plus with petrol at 10 pence per litre cheaper, the difference in fuel consumption is negligible.

Remember my car needs nothing with all major jobs done recently.

Sorry Rich but I have seen far more petrol owners with issues than Diesels on the forums... from what I read I would not have a petrol personally.

Radiomarko 12th April 2014 12:06

Like many others I know exactly what being put down and out feels like...

The generosity and just plain love for a fellow human being shown here moves me to tears. It easily balances out anything said by a trillion haters.

I'm brassy skint after saving to fix my fans but I'll gladly send a few quid.

Good luck Dave! :D

Seafrost 12th April 2014 12:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by klarzy (Post 1637695)
Sorry Rich but I have seen far more petrol owners with issues than Diesels on the forums... from what I read I would not have a petrol personally.

This is probably true, maybe as there are more petrol 75's? I do not know for sure what the actual numbers are, Im sure someone will, but "for me", cost wise, a petrol is the cheapest to run on a budget with limited mileage usage.

I do know that lovema75 does want a diesel though...as I understand it will be used for business purposes.

Lets not start another these are better than those threads.

I would like a diesel for the higher mileages I see stated:drool4:, but then I do not live in my car and would never do them sort of mileages, my 75 1.8 only turned 74,000 yesterday and for the size of car ( tourer ) she ticks all my boxes and leaves me £££'s to spend elsewhere :D

rich17865 12th April 2014 12:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by klarzy (Post 1637695)

I am afraid I would have to disagree, and I have owned both types.

But that's not the point of this thread.

More on topic, as David is not flush with a contingency for repairs, cars that 'look good' are not a good idea. He needs a car that is good.

reworht 12th April 2014 12:16

An uncommon sight - a Yorkshireman putting his hand in his pocket :D
Funds on way via Paypal - can't think of a better cause :}

Cockaa 12th April 2014 12:19

Let's find him a Diesel "That is good" aswell as looking good hey, This is what this thread is about after all, not another excuse for an arguement, to show what a supportive club this is for a member who we all feel deserves a better hand of cards than he has been dealt of late.
When the troops arrive back from pol i'm sure the total will rise further towards a great effort ;)

Time Searcher 12th April 2014 12:23

A little something from Portugal...

(Hope that this will help...)

DAS68 12th April 2014 12:25

619 quid in the pot:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

JT 12th April 2014 12:56

A contribution from North of the Border. A great cause, we have all been down on our luck at sometime and realising that people do care can make all the difference.
John.

DAS68 12th April 2014 13:06

659 in the pot guys :cool::cool::cool:

mattyclul 12th April 2014 13:17

Donation made!

ziggy72 12th April 2014 13:29

a fiver from me too. every little helps. :}

klarzy 12th April 2014 13:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by ziggy72 (Post 1637760)
a fiver from me too. every little helps. :}

BIG BEAMING SMILE at how good people can be to each other in what can be a B I T C H of a world.:}

blowncrv 12th April 2014 13:38

Donation made.

DAS68 12th April 2014 13:39

694 in the pot :D:D:D

Jim W 12th April 2014 13:42

Do we know if anyones doing a collection at Pol

ziggy72 12th April 2014 13:45

he's gonna end up with a V8 at this rate. :D

Cockaa 12th April 2014 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by ziggy72 (Post 1637777)
he's gonna end up with a V8 at this rate. :D

Haha i was thinking the same earlier :D

He'll have to take me for a spin if he does though :drool4::drool4:

klarzy 12th April 2014 13:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cockaa (Post 1637778)
Haha i was thinking the same earlier :D

He'll have to take me for a spin if he does though :drool4::drool4:

We would have to donate petrol money then :D

Cockaa 12th April 2014 13:49

Think it might be cheaper to get him a V8 lawnmower to go in the boot :eek:

whitegold 12th April 2014 14:07

Just sent a small donation via pp to sean , hope he gets the car he wants. Good Luck.

backoboy 12th April 2014 14:25

Donation sent.

DAS68 12th April 2014 14:30

703.93 odd number due to dollars to pounds conversion, can some add 7p to the next donation to even it up as its doing my head in :duh::duh:

scorpio stu 12th April 2014 14:33

It would be good (if possible) to get him started with some gardening equipment as well. Petrol mower/strimmer/chainsaw etc etc.

Stormbringer 12th April 2014 14:36

payment sent lol hopefully to help stop doing your head in.

Pete

klarzy 12th April 2014 14:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAS68 (Post 1637827)
703.93 odd number due to dollars to pounds conversion, can some add 7p to the next donation to even it up as its doing my head in :duh::duh:

bet you end up with 704.07...:laughing2:

Stormbringer 12th April 2014 14:38

Quote:

bet you end up with 704.07...
I thought that lol

Pete

DAS68 12th April 2014 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormbringer (Post 1637833)
payment sent lol hopefully to help stop doing your head in.

Pete

thank the lord, 710 nice round number.

klarzy 12th April 2014 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAS68 (Post 1637841)
thank the lord, 710 nice round number.

I'm gonna donate a penny, I'm gonna donate a penny...:D:D:D

DAS68 12th April 2014 14:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mischief (Post 1637590)

this looks a good one and we nearly have the money, just 40 quid off? is anyone in touch with David to get his view?

klarzy 12th April 2014 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAS68 (Post 1637848)
this looks a good one and we nearly have the money, just 40 quid off? is anyone in touch with David to get his view?

I am sure they will take an offer...

DAS68 12th April 2014 14:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by klarzy (Post 1637843)
I'm gonna donate a penny, I'm gonna donate a penny...:D:D:D

don't you dare my fooking head will explode

klarzy 12th April 2014 14:58

Does anyone know who I would have to contact to get permission to use the club badge on a set of speedo dials for dave?

DAS68 12th April 2014 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by klarzy (Post 1637851)
I am sure they will take an offer...

defo take an offer, has anyone got a number for Seancar or David?

HenryD 12th April 2014 15:00

And a small donation from me,I dont know David but I've been where he is and glad to help in some small way

DAS68 12th April 2014 15:05

a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far, the pot stands at 728 quid:bowdown::bowdown:

DaveyC 12th April 2014 15:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAS68 (Post 1637858)
a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far, the pot stands at 728 quid:bowdown::bowdown:

Flippin heck!! Well done chaps. :D:D I've been out most of the day and made a donation this morning and the total has shot up!

Keep on giving, its a worthy cause :D

DAS68 12th April 2014 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveyC (Post 1637875)
Flippin heck!! Well done chaps. :D:D I've been out most of the day and made a donation this morning and the total has shot up!

Keep on giving, its a worthy cause :D

a couple of people made huge donations that doubled the pot :bowdown: that's not to take away from any other donation but merely to say I have been blown away twice in the last 24 hours.

where in the country does David live btw, just if we find a car in the north west and he lives down south then we need to consider that:shrug:

klarzy 12th April 2014 15:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAS68 (Post 1637878)
a couple of people made huge donations that doubled the pot :bowdown: that's not to take away from any other donation but merely to say I have been blown away twice in the last 24 hours.

where in the country does David live btw, just if we find a car in the north west and he lives down south then we need to consider that:shrug:

18 inch serpents it is then...:}

Grumpy1 12th April 2014 15:41

He lives in London Dave. Unless he's moved recently and I don't think he has.

DAS68 12th April 2014 15:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpy1 (Post 1637887)
He lives in London Dave. Unless he's moved recently and I don't think he has.

Cheers mate, that Conny that mischief found is in Manchester, shame that is!

klarzy 12th April 2014 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAS68 (Post 1637889)
Cheers mate, that Conny that mischief found is in Manchester, shame that is!

so use some of the donated money to drive the car down and get a train back... i'm sure that is within reason?

DAS68 12th April 2014 15:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by klarzy (Post 1637894)
so use some of the donated money to drive the car down and get a train back... i'm sure that is within reason?

We need to speak to David before we do anything.

chrishumphries 12th April 2014 15:58

Just got back from POL, no mention of this subject that I heard when there so donation made now !

Ratty 12th April 2014 16:03

Donation sent.