The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Events and Meets (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   10th Anniversary RBR 2009 Stage 6 (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=38080)

The Yellow Peril 14th May 2009 08:23

10th Anniversary RBR 2009 Stage 6

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the clubs public liability insurance. Also the owners club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

All participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for following traffic regulations and appropriate laws when traveling. Thanks.

Co-ordinators - Please use this thread to manage Stage 6, route, volunteers etc

Stage 6: Chester to Glasgow - Justmicky

James.uk 14th May 2009 13:28

If I meet JDC in Colwyn, then I could meet someone at the Jctn of the M6 M56 Nr Warrington. There is a truckstop Cafe Filling station there.

That covers the end of stage 5, (Colwyn to Chester) and the start of stage 6 from Chester to Warrington (M6).. Is that any help?

justmicky 14th May 2009 16:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by James.uk (Post 329250)
If I meet JDC in Colwyn, then I could meet someone at the Jctn of the M6 M56 Nr Warrington. There is a truckstop Cafe Filling station there.

That covers the end of stage 5, (Colwyn to Chester) and the start of stage 6 from Chester to Warrington (M6).. Is that any help?

Sounds good James, thanks for the help. I shall pencil you in for that run although final details will depend upon how many volunteers we get for our stage
Cheers

derekosb 14th May 2009 16:41

Hi Micky,

Myself and Scooterchick are hopefully co-ordinating Stage 7 (Glasgow to Edinburgh) so I thought I would pop on here to suggest a possible handover point on the M74.

I am conscious it is a long trip up from say Carlisle to Glasgow, to simply turn round and go back again, so unless the driver covering that leg is coming up to Glasgow anyway I woudl suggest we could start Stage 7 maybe halfway to Glasgow at somewhere like Abington services?

The services there are North and Southbound so you can turn around.

Just a thought to save a 200 mile round trip for the driver in that leg. You can let me know what you think?

Derek

justmicky 14th May 2009 16:55

Hi all,
Well lets get stage 6 under way which covers from Chester to Glasgow. All volunteers are welcome. As a general guide a direct route approach is preferred and we have a pretty direct route taking in the M56, M6 A74M and M74. However I think I am right in saying that this route is not set in stone and we can diversify if members in other areas feel the route should head in their direction a little. Please note though that there is an under lying time factor involved but all suggestions are up for discussion:

So far our stage volunteers are: -

Justmicky - coverage to be anounced
ace1977Ian - coverage to be anounced
James.UK - Possible Colwyn to M56/M6 Junction (J20)

Please let us know if you are able to help out and which area you would like to cover
Cheers

justmicky 14th May 2009 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekosb (Post 329295)
Hi Micky,

Myself and Scooterchick are hopefully co-ordinating Stage 7 (Glasgow to Edinburgh) so I thought I would pop on here to suggest a possible handover point on the M74.

I am conscious it is a long trip up from say Carlisle to Glasgow, to simply turn round and go back again, so unless the driver covering that leg is coming up to Glasgow anyway I woudl suggest we could start Stage 7 maybe halfway to Glasgow at somewhere like Abington services?

The services there are North and Southbound so you can turn around.

Just a thought to save a 200 mile round trip for the driver in that leg. You can let me know what you think?

Derek

Hi Derek,
Sounds great, will take that onboard. At the moment we shall see how many volunteers we get for our stage and who is willing to do what and get back to you accordingly

Cheers
Mike

derekosb 14th May 2009 17:00

No worries Mike, early days I know. Just thought it might suit better and offers some flexibility.

Derek

Merl 14th May 2009 23:10

PM Sent!!

Count me in! for some reason I had not got any notifications from the main thread so didnt realise how far this had jumped ahead :(

I can do whatever distance really depending on time of day or with notice I can just get up either earlier or later to avoid getting sleepy!!

If you need any help with the coordination let me know as would of offered earlier.

Cheers

Martin

The Yellow Peril 14th May 2009 23:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merl (Post 329490)
PM Sent!!

Count me in! for some reason I had not got any notifications from the main thread so didnt realise how far this had jumped ahead :(

I can do whatever distance really depending on time of day or with notice I can just get up either earlier or later to avoid getting sleepy!!

If you need any help with the coordination let me know as would of offered earlier.

Cheers

Martin

Sorry Merl, trying to keep an eye on all the action, I missed your earlier post. I'm sure Justmicky, the Stage co-ordinator will be along soon to welcome you on board, thanks

Andrew

Merl 14th May 2009 23:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Yellow Peril (Post 329492)
Sorry Merl, trying to keep an eye on all the action, I missed your earlier post. I'm sure Justmicky, the Stage co-ordinator will be along soon to welcome you on board, thanks

Andrew

Yeah he has :) was his PM that got my attention again!! its all looking good now.

Ohh not sure if i have missed anything which is possible but a friend of mine was telling me about a OS mapping device thingy that tracks ur route and you can upload the info, not sure if it does real time.... So i can enquiry further about that for something to be used as a batton if interested?

Martin.

justmicky 14th May 2009 23:42

Thanks for the PM Merl.Glad to have you onboard!

Okay, so an update with some early interest, but once again,nothing is set in stone yet :)

1.James UK will be running from Chester to the M56/M6 J20 interchange. (James may also do from Colwyn to M56/M6 J20 but thats part of JDC stage which needs attention)

2.Merl will take over at this point and carry on to the Charnock Richards services between J27/J28

3.Havn't contacted ace1977Ian tonight as yet but hoping he will step in here and run up to Lancaster.

4.Lancaster is where I will step in - and thats as far as we have at the moment except to say Derek from stage 7 says he will meet up at Abington if necessary. Thats a great offer, but I am hoping that it wont be necessary and that we can cover all aspects of our designated stage to Glasgow. (Derek and Scooterchick have quite a few miles to cover themselves!)

I have noted that some people are willing to travel further but until we have a cleare picturer of the number of volunteers nothing is certain yet.

Many thanks

justmicky 15th May 2009 00:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merl (Post 329495)
Yeah he has :) was his PM that got my attention again!! its all looking good now.

Ohh not sure if i have missed anything which is possible but a friend of mine was telling me about a OS mapping device thingy that tracks ur route and you can upload the info, not sure if it does real time.... So i can enquiry further about that for something to be used as a batton if interested?

Martin.

Sounds interesting Martin. A few more details would be great and if its feasible why not - hopefully Andrew can comment on this one - of course it won't be taking "Freds" place!

Bluejon 15th May 2009 00:18

10th Anniversary RBR.

Hi Micky,

Just caught up with this thread,would be delighted to help out if possible just let me know,many thanks.

Best Regards.

John.

justmicky 15th May 2009 00:28

Hi John,
Mant thanks for the reply. Can you let me know what sort of area in Cumbria you can join in at and what sort of distance you are willing to travel. I can see your still up....but its bedtime for me so will get back to you tomorrow! Look forward to your reply
Cheers
Mike

James.uk 15th May 2009 00:36

As Merl lives South of me, maybe he would like to meet me at Jctn 20 services (M56-M6) and continue North a bit?

The logic being Jctn 20 is as far South as stage 6 gets.

The Yellow Peril 15th May 2009 07:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by justmicky (Post 329499)
Sounds interesting Martin. A few more details would be great and if its feasible why not - hopefully Andrew can comment on this one - of course it won't be taking "Freds" place!

I like the idea of being able to track the progress, I think Christopher mentioned something along those lines earlier on in the original thread. I'll have a few words with him soon.

Andrew

justmicky 15th May 2009 08:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by James.uk (Post 329506)
As Merl lives South of me, maybe he would like to meet me at Jctn 20 services (M56-M6) and continue North a bit?

The logic being Jctn 20 is as far South as stage 6 gets.

Or -- Merl could do the bit I was going to do = Colwyn (pick up from JDC) to Jctn 20 M6, I could meet him there and go up the M6 to the next exchange point? Lancaster - Kendal area?. Not sure but there must be a service area near there somewhere.. Whatever suits people best. :)

I could cut a corner off on my return trip home via the M61..

Hi James,
"As per post 11" I have you down as coming in from chester or colwyn bay and meeting up at jctn 20 with Merl. (The Colwyn Bay bit of that journey will have to be okayed with JDC on his stage). Merl will then go forward to Charnock Richards sevrices as things stand at the moment.
Hope this is okay by you.
Cheers

justmicky 15th May 2009 12:29

Latest update for stage 6:

1.James UK will be running from Chester to the M56/M6 J20 interchange. (James may also do from Colwyn to M56/M6 J20 but thats part of JDC stage which needs attention)

2.Merl will take over at this point and carry on to the Charnock Richards services between J27/J28

3.Havn't contacted ace1977Ian tonight as yet but hoping he will step in here and run up to Galgate/Lancaster.

4.Galgate/Lancaster is where I (justmicky) will step in

5.Bluejohn - to be announced.

Cheers :)

James.uk 15th May 2009 15:13

Yep that's fine with me. I estimate covering the 25 miles = Chester to Jctn 20 in 25 mins. As it is all Mway. (M56) This section is shaping up very well. :)

As you say I now have to sort "stage 5" Colwyn to Chester 35 miles. with John.com.

justmicky 15th May 2009 15:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by James.uk (Post 329674)
Yep that's fine with me. I estimate covering the 25 miles = Chester to Jctn 20 in 25 mins. As it is all Mway. (M56) This section is shaping up very well. :)

As you say I now have to sort "stage 5" Colwyn to Chester 35 miles. with John.com.

Thanks for that one James
Cheers

ace1977lan 15th May 2009 16:16

Mike

I'm fine to do the Charnock Richard to Lancaster leg.

Andy

justmicky 15th May 2009 16:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by ace1977lan (Post 329711)
Mike

I'm fine to do the Charnock Richard to Lancaster leg.

Andy

Thats great Andy, thanks very much. Moving along very nicely!

Update for stage 6:

1. James UK will be running from Chester to the M56/M6 J20 interchange. (James may also do from Colwyn to M56/M6 J20 but that is part of JDC's stage which needs attention).

2. Merl will take over at this point and carry on to the Charnock Richards services between J27/J28

3. ace1977Ian will step in here and run us up to Galgate/Lancaster.

4. justmicky will pick up at this point for destination to be announced.

5. Bluejohn - to be announced.

Thanks guys ;)

The Yellow Peril 16th May 2009 09:15

Approximate timings

These timings are only approximate and will be influenced by the performance of preceeding stagres

Some preliminary timings
Stage 1 - Cowley to Dorchester - 128 miles - 3.0 hours 6.00 pm - 9.00 pm (19th)
Stage 2 - Dorchester to Penzance - 184 miles - 4.5 hours 9.00 pm - 1.30 am (20th)
Stage 3 - Penzance to Bristol - 205 miles - 5.0 hours 1.30 am - 6.30 am (20th)
Stage 4 - Bristol to Aberystwyth - 189 miles - 4.5 hours 6.30 am - 11.00 am (20th)
Stage 5 - Aberystwyth to Chester - 124 miles - 3.0 hours 11.00 am -2.00 pm (20th)
Stage 6 - Chester to Glasgow - 229 miles - 5.5 hours 2.00 pm - 7.30 pm (20th)
Stage 7 - Glasgow to Edinburgh - 403 miles - 10.0 hours 7.30 pm - 5.30 am (21st)
Stage 8 - Edinburgh to Boston - 274 miles - 8.0 hours 5.30 am - 1.30 pm (21st)
Stage 9 - Boston to Southend - 188 miles - 4.5 hours 1.30 pm - 6.00 pm 921st)
Stage 10 - Southend to Brighton - 121 miles - 3.0 hours 6.00 pm - 9.00 pm (21st)
Stage 11 - Brighton to Birmingham - 185 miles - 4.2 hours 9.00 pm - 1.00 am (22nd)
2230 miles - 55 hours = 40mph average speed

Having written this down, I'm getting very nervous.
Some very unsocialble hours - especially for Devon and Cornwall and Scotland. Plus I was hoping to get the time down to 48 hours, so this may well influence Stage route plans.

justmicky 16th May 2009 16:32

Stage 6 Chester to Glasgow Update

Update for stage 6:

1. James UK will be running from Chester to the M56/M6 J20 interchange. (James may also do from Colwyn to M56/M6 J20 but that is part of JDC's stage which require attention). Sat 20th 1400 - 1440 hrs

2. Merl will take over at this point and carry on to the Charnock Richards services between J27/J28. Sat 20th 1440 - 1520hrs

3. ace1977Ian will step in here and run us up to Galgate. Sat 20th 1520 - 1600 hrs

4. justmicky will pick up at this point for the Rhegad centre Penrith. Sat 20th 1600 -1705hrs

5. Bluejon will then travel on to Gretna Green. Sat 20th 1705 - 1745hrs

6. Gretna - Abington or Glasgow - volunteers?

Times are approximate and subject to change. They are based on an average speed of 60 mph. Timings also allow for a 10 minute handover period.

Thanks guys ;)

The Yellow Peril 17th May 2009 08:09

Looking good Mike

Cheers

Andy

lady zed 17th May 2009 08:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekosb (Post 329301)
No worries Mike, early days I know. Just thought it might suit better and offers some flexibility.

Derek

I disagree Derek. We have to cover a total of 403 and so far we only have 3/4 confirmed drivers, on probably the worst roads of the relay. AND during the night. This lot seem to have a few drivers so I would suggest we try and find someone from borders to do the Glasgow run. I get the feeling we're not going to be able to cover all our runs without some inventive planning and perhaps some overnight stays. If I'm doing Fort William - Inverness I'll be driving up to Fort William on the Fri, staying overnight then onto Inverness on the sat, getting some shut eye at the MIL's then back to Glasgow on Sun. I'm off my nut. That's a heck of a drive. Lets see if someone from up north can cover it.

Quote:

Martin.

I think a verile young man like you should come up here and lend us a hand! :D

The Yellow Peril 17th May 2009 08:35

OK, a couple of things are beginning to dawn on me.

On paper, Glasgow to Edinburgh looks straight forward enough, but having done most of that route myself, admittedly not at night or to a deadline, I do have a fair idea of the roads and conditions etc, and I'm wondering whether we ought to be a bit less ambitious in our objectives.

After all, Glasgow to Edinburgh direct, is still Scotland, and as such would qualify as having visited all home countries on the route, and cut a considerable amount of time out of the event duration, bringing it back in to the 48 hours.

I would like your thoughts on this idea, as I don't want Scottish members to have to go to additional expenses such as overnight accommodation etc if its not absolutely necessary

Andrew

Merl 17th May 2009 11:43

Quote:

Martin.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooterchick (Post 330525)

I think a verile young man like you should come up here and lend us a hand! :D

Flattery will get you everywhere!! especially from a verile young woman like yourself :D

Well I offered to do the complete run to Glasgow if needed!! Not sure how I can help out without driving continually for the whole day... But I could always follow Andy when he picks up from me and then use the next changeover to slingshot past the convoy so I can hopefully get ahead to then take over again to do Glasgow to Fort william... Then if Anna want's a co-driver to keep her company as it would be getting late I could do that... Especially as by that point I probably would not feel like doing anymore driving for awhile...

Anna you would have to recommend a place for me to stay up there as I don't fancy driving back the same day, preferably a nice B&B or pub hotel rather than some uncharismatic travelodge...

Just what I could come up with quickly but its an idea...

lady zed 17th May 2009 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Yellow Peril (Post 330533)
OK, a couple of things are beginning to dawn on me.

On paper, Glasgow to Edinburgh looks straight forward enough, but having done most of that route myself, admittedly not at night or to a deadline, I do have a fair idea of the roads and conditions etc, and I'm wondering whether we ought to be a bit less ambitious in our objectives.

After all, Glasgow to Edinburgh direct, is still Scotland, and as such would qualify as having visited all home countries on the route, and cut a considerable amount of time out of the event duration, bringing it back in to the 48 hours.

I would like your thoughts on this idea, as I don't want Scottish members to have to go to additional expenses such as overnight accommodation etc if its not absolutely necessary

Andrew

Andrew,

I think you're right, a more friendly relay (bearing in mind, this is not a big, sponsored event, being organised at fairly short notice) would be to miss out Inverness and Aberdeen and try to do a route that way. Maybe Glasgow - Fort William - Perth - Edinburgh. I'll get a time and mileage.

Ok, that makes it 252 miles, roughly 6 hours. I think it's much more manageable and acheivable. What do you think?

justmicky 17th May 2009 12:54

Just to throw another idea in.
I spoke to Martin (Merl) after above posts and informed him that James UK initially indicated he might travel onward.If this was so, I suggested to Martin that we could stll cover and release him to help out with stage 7. He liked the idea and even told me he could possibly help around Edinburgh too the next day - might be worth having a word with him Anna

Merl 17th May 2009 13:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooterchick (Post 330638)
Andrew,

I think you're right, a more friendly relay (bearing in mind, this is not a big, sponsored event, being organised at fairly short notice) would be to miss out Inverness and Aberdeen and try to do a route that way. Maybe Glasgow - Fort William - Perth - Edinburgh. I'll get a time and mileage.

Ok, that makes it 252 miles, roughly 6 hours. I think it's much more manageable and acheivable. What do you think?

Quote:

Originally Posted by justmicky (Post 330656)
Just to throw another idea in.
I spoke to Martin (Merl) after above posts and informed him that James UK initially indicated he might travel onward.If this was so, I suggested to Martin that we could stll cover and release him to help out with stage 7. He liked the idea and even told me he could possibly help around Edinburgh too the next day - might be worth having a word with him Anna

I have sent Anna a PM but the only problem I can see is by shortening the Scottish run it means whoever is doing Edinburgh Pole is now leaving even earlier at like 1.30 to 2amish and we have had no takers so far for a 5.30am leave... A 5.30am or so start would allow me to poss cover if needed but anything before then is going to give me too little sleep with the distances I would be covering... Gah the complexities of it all :confused:

James.uk 17th May 2009 13:12

I will happily do Chester to Charnock so Merl can go help Chic & Co.. Whatever suits .. :)

I did notice the times for my leaving Chester don't match?? YP gives me a time of 11 am.. Mike you give me 2 pm (1400) ?? Can you confirm please..

Thank you.. :D

JohnDotCom 17th May 2009 13:14

I should be getting to Chester around 2.00PM (14.00) so that must be correct time. :D

justmicky 17th May 2009 13:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnDotCom (Post 330668)
I should be getting to Chester around 2.00PM (14.00) so that must be correct time. :D

Yes I have 1400hrs as with JDC - I just PM'd you James but looks like you have answered my question as above.

justmicky 17th May 2009 13:21

Okay then Merl, we shall be able to cover your leg on stage 6 should you wish to help out in stage 7. Please let us know accordingly

Merl 17th May 2009 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by justmicky (Post 330674)
Okay then Merl, we shall be able to cover your leg on stage 6 should you wish to help out in stage 7. Please let us know accordingly

Cheers. Will see what is needed elsewhere... As we seem to have it pretty much covered on this side and i would love to see this work :D

justmicky 17th May 2009 13:27

Ok...another pM for you james :)

James.uk 17th May 2009 13:35

John? you seem to have a very very long leg to do, is there any way I can help? Would my coming to Colwyn- Conway area help?

Otherwise I will meet you erm.. Where exatly? I am not familier with Chester, so I will need some good info. :o But I do have a sat-nav. And I can read O/S maps n fings. :D

justmicky 17th May 2009 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by James.uk (Post 330681)
John? you seem to have a very very long leg to do, is there any way I can help? Would my coming to Colwyn- Conway area help?

Otherwise I will meet you erm.. Where exatly? I am not familier with Chester, so I will need some good info. :o But I do have a sat-nav. And I can read O/S maps n fings. :D

You migh be better off posting this in Johns stage James - got your note about Preston. The football ground is about 2 mile from J31 M6...very easy to get to.

James.uk 17th May 2009 14:04

Hi Mike. I found the footy field on my maps so thats ok. But as it may be a big place, loads of car parks n stuff, Where do you want me to be exactly? Don't want to be in the Norf park when my pickup is waiting in the Souff.. lol..

I have PM'd John, but he lives in Wales, My PM will have lots of big hills to get over. :D..

lady zed 17th May 2009 14:10

Just a comment re timings. I'll eat my floor mats if the timings work out as planned. Personally I think we might do it a bit faster! :D

The Yellow Peril 17th May 2009 14:39

• Quote:

Originally Posted by scooterchick (Post 330696)
    Just a comment re timings. I'll eat my floor mats if the timings work out as planned. Personally I think we might do it a bit faster! :D

I'll bring the brown sauce.

Andy

justmicky 17th May 2009 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by James.uk (Post 330694)
Hi Mike. I found the footy field on my maps so thats ok. But as it may be a big place, loads of car parks n stuff, Where do you want me to be exactly? Don't want to be in the Norf park when my pickup is waiting in the Souff.. lol..

I have PM'd John, but he lives in Wales, My PM will have lots of big hills to get over. :D..

I will speak with Andy in due course as to exact locations. I am still waiting to hear from Merl as to what his intentions are. Until I know one way or the other from Merl, as far as things stand at the moment we are still with the original plan! ! Once Merl gets back to us with a definate decision we can move forward.

Merl 17th May 2009 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by justmicky (Post 330731)
I will speak with Andy in due course as to exact locations. I am still waiting to hear from Merl as to what his intentions are. Until I know one way or the other from Merl, as far as things stand at the moment we are still with the original plan! ! Once Merl gets back to us with a definate decision we can move forward.

Waiting to here from the Scottish contingent which after having a quick work with Anna won't be until later, prob in a day or so after they have looked at whats what i think...

JohnDotCom 17th May 2009 16:06

Quote:

Them Hills are Mountains, they are all over 2000ft. :D :D

kevin 17th May 2009 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooterchick (Post 330696)

if your going do this at the end of the relay. I will do the London M25 to Birmingham leg just to see it.:D
my V6 going up the M1 will be fast to make sure.:D:D

ace1977lan 17th May 2009 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by James.uk (Post 330694)

James

If it ends up you meeting me at Preston North End's ground it very easy to find and well sign posted from the motorway. Once you get near the ground there is the Sir Tom Finney Statue which is were I would meet if it works out that way.

Andy

justmicky 17th May 2009 16:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by ace1977lan (Post 330800)
James

If it ends up you meeting me at Preston North End's ground it very easy to find and well sign posted from the motorway. Once you get near the ground there is the Sir Tom Finney Statue which is were I would meet if it works out that way.

Andy

Sir Tom and Sir Fred...nice photo opportunity :)

ace1977lan 17th May 2009 16:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by justmicky (Post 330807)
Sir Tom and Sir Fred...nice photo opportunity :)

Exactly what I was thinking ;)

James.uk 17th May 2009 20:46

Okie dokie.. :D

We better be quick with the camera or Chic will be dining on carpets for a week. :D

comet 18th May 2009 09:28

As a member just two miles from "Poplars" the services at the JncM56/M6 I wish I could help out as I am going from here to Carlisle over the weekend, but my family will want to stop and sightsee on the way up. May I wish you all the best and safe cruising.

The Yellow Peril 18th May 2009 09:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by comet (Post 331140)
As a member just two miles from "Poplars" the services at the JncM56/M6 I wish I could help out as I am going from here to Carlisle over the weekend, but my family will want to stop and sightsee on the way up. May I wish you all the best and safe cruising.

Perhaps you might have the oppotunity to take some photos as they pass you.

Cheers

Andrew

comet 18th May 2009 09:49

Thanks for your reply Andrew. I have a club sticker in the rear and a badge on the front.. It will give the new mod, Traffic alert, a good work out.

What day is this section expected from Poplars?.

The Yellow Peril 18th May 2009 10:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by comet (Post 331143)
What day is this section expected from Poplars?.

The Stage that takes the Relay from Chester up to Glasgow will be on Saturday the 20th June.

Andy

justmicky 18th May 2009 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Yellow Peril (Post 331148)
The Stage that takes the Relay from Chester up to Glasgow will be on Saturday the 20th June.

Andy

Comet.

With the current schedule we are estimating being in your area around 1440hrs. If you are around and about at that time of the day, you can always join up with the relay in covoy and then peel off whenever you wish to carry on with your sightseeing.

NB. All times are subject to change.

comet 18th May 2009 12:19

Thank you Mike and Andrew, I thought it might be the Saturday and very grateful for the ETD of 1440. Now to convince my friends in Carlisle to have us on Saturday night. If I do not see any of you safe passage North.

justmicky 18th May 2009 19:23

Stage 6 Updtae

As stage 6 members are aware, we are currently waiting on Merl and the Stage 7 co ordinators to make some decisions.
However, just to keep Stage 6 guys/gals in the picture -as things stand at the moment we are still looking at the initial plan:

1. James UK will be running from Chester to the M56/M6 J20 interchange. (James may also do from Colwyn to M56/M6 J20 but that is part of JDC's stage which require attention). Sat 20th 1400 - 1440 hrs

2. Merl will take over at this point and carry on to the Charnock Richards services between J27/J28. Sat 20th 1440 - 1520hrs

3. ace1977Ian will step in here and run us up to Galgate. Sat 20th 1520 - 1600 hrs

4. justmicky will pick up at this point for the Rhegad centre Penrith. Sat 20th 1600 -1705hrs

5. Bluejon will then travel on to Gretna Green. Sat 20th 1705 - 1745hrs

6. Gretna - Abington or Glasgow - volunteers?

However, should Merl go up to help with stage 7 we will then adopt the following plan

1. James UK will run from Chester to Preston North End FC. Sat 20th 1400 - 1515 hrs

2. ace1977Ian will take us from Deepdale to the Rheged centre in Penrith. Sat 20th 1515 - 1640 hrs

3. Bluejon will then travel on to Gretna Green. Sat 20th 1640 - 1725hrs

6. justmicky will then step in and run up to Glasgow Sat 20th 1725 -1900hrs

Times again are approximate and subject to change. They are based on an average speed of 60 mph. Timings also allow for a 10-15 minute handover period.

Thanks guys/gals

justmicky 19th May 2009 11:00

Stage 6 - Local radio and newspaper info.

Hi Guys & Gals,

I have given Andy the following info with regard to local radio and newspaers within stage 6. This is all I can think of for the moment but if anyone else knows of any can you add them to the list in the events and meets section under "Publicity BRB".

Rock FM 97.4
http://www.rockfm.co.uk/contactus.asp

The Bay Radio 96.9
http://www.thebay.co.uk/goto.php?pag...14155E54+9+158

Lancashire Evening Post. (Preston)
http://www.lep.co.uk/contactus.aspx

The Garstang Courier
http://www.garstangcourier.co.uk/contactus.aspx

Blackpool Gazette
http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/contactus.aspx

Lancaster Guardian
http://www.lancasterguardian.co.uk/contactus.aspx

The Cumberland News
http://www.cumberland-news.co.uk/home/contact_us

Westmorland Gazette
http://www.thewestmorlandgazette.co.uk/

Cheers;)

ace1977lan 19th May 2009 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by justmicky (Post 331644)
Hi Guys & Gals,

I have given Andy the following info with regard to local radio and newspaers within stage 6. This is all I can think of for the moment but if anyone else knows of any can you add them to the list in the events and meets section under "Publicity BRB".

Rock FM 97.4
http://www.rockfm.co.uk/contactus.asp

The Bay Radio 96.9
http://www.thebay.co.uk/goto.php?pag...14155E54+9+158

http://www.lep.co.uk/contactus.aspx

The Garstang Courier
http://www.garstangcourier.co.uk/contactus.aspx

Blackpool Gazette
http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/contactus.aspx

Lancaster Guardian
http://www.lancasterguardian.co.uk/contactus.aspx

The Cumberland News
http://www.cumberland-news.co.uk/home/contact_us

Cheers;)

Mike, Andrew

Another local paper to add to the list

Westmorland Gazette

Andy

justmicky 19th May 2009 18:34

Westmorland Gazette

Andy[/quote]

Okay done Andy - Cheers

The Yellow Peril 19th May 2009 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by justmicky (Post 331787)

Westmorland Gazette

Andy

Okay done Andy - Cheers[/quote]

Too many Andys, henceforth I shall sign my posts Yellow Peril, to avoid confusion.

Andy, I mean Yellow Peril

black olive 20th May 2009 10:19

Im available for either backup, doubling up, or similar round lancs- would be good to have the last mark 1 260 involved in the run. Let me know if I can help

justmicky 20th May 2009 11:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by black olive (Post 332039)
Im available for either backup, doubling up, or similar round lancs- would be good to have the last mark 1 260 involved in the run. Let me know if I can help

Sounds good Steve, thanks.
Will revert back with some details. Can you send me a PM with where you are located, and the best place would be for you to join the route. Also some contact details - mobile phone etc.

Cheers
Mike

The Yellow Peril 20th May 2009 19:33

RBR Press Release

Please use the following script for any press releases you issue in relation to this event

Happy Birthday Rover 75: Owners Club stage 10th Anniversary Round Britain Relay

In 1999 the Rover 75 was launched to an expectant UK car buying public, eager to see the car that Rover described as “the car we had to make”.

10 Years on, the marque has all but disappeared, however, a growing number of enthusiasts assembled under the banner of the Rover 75 & ZT Owners Club®, are determined to ensure that this formidable modern classic is preserved and promoted for future generations to appreciate and enjoy.

Members of the Owners Club are staging a Round Britain Relay to commemorate and celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the Rover 75. The event, which will cover over 2000 miles in 48 hours will start from the former Rover factory at Cowley, at 6.00 pm on 19th June and traverse the UK in 11 stages, finishing at the former MG Rover Group Ltd Longbridge plant, the home of the Rover 75 and MG ZT until the company closed in April 2005

The stages are split in to sections and participating drivers will use the Owners Club mascot “Fred the Ted” as the relay’s “Baton”. Progress will be monitored in real-time using GPRS/GPS technology and be visible on the Owners Club web site.

“Our aims are to promote the 75 & ZT Owners Club, raise awareness of two great British cars and have a lot of fun doing it”, says Andrew Garcarz, the Event Organiser.

---------
Yellow Peril

justmicky 20th May 2009 22:02

Stage 6 proposal

Greetings to our stage 6 Volunteers,
We are having a great response to our stage so far, so thanks for this.

From the word go, certain members have indicated they would travel further than the leg they are currently designated to, if so required. Some members may only want to cover a portion of the journey. To try and cover all aspects of our route, I have come up with the following. Hopefully all our stage members will approve but please feel free to voice your opinions or any other suggestions you might have.
“To quote Brian Clough”– I will listen, we will have a discussion, and then we will decide I am right”.
(Just a bit of light hearted banter there – not to be taken seriously!)
Because of the number of possible volunteers in our stage, it might be better if we form a convoy. Members can then join at a local point on route and then leave the convoy as they see fit. A “Lead Driver” would be incorporated into this schedule, to which the lead driver can be changed as we progress through the stage. Travelling like this with our numbers will give us an excellent back up facility, and hopefully we will be able to involve everyone in carrying the baton/banners etc.
The following is a provisional look at this idea, although it is not finalised with regard to “Lead Driver” status.

Chester – Poplar Service Area M56/M6
Lead Driver - James UK

At the Poplar Service Station Area at the M56/M6 interchange, Merland Comet may join the convoy.

Poplar Service Area – Charnock Richards M6
Lead Driver – James UK
In convoy possibly Merl and Comet

Charnock Richard Services - Preston North End FC
Lead Driver – Comet if available, if Comet unavailable then James UK will continue on as lead.
In convoy - Merl

At Preston North End football club ace1977Ian and black olive will join the stage.

Preston North End FC to Burton in Kendal services
Lead Driver - ace1977Ian
In convoy - Comet, Merl, James UK and black olive

At Burton in Kendal justmickywill join the stage

Burton in Kendal services – Rehged centre, Penrith
Lead Driver – black olive
In Convoy – Merl, Comet, James UK, and justmicky.

At the Rheged centre in Penrith Bluejon will join the stage.

The Rehged centre, Penrith to Gretna Green
Lead Driver - Bluejon
In Convoy - Merl, justmicky, James UK, black olive and comet.

Gretna Green to Abington services
Lead Driver - justmicky
In Convoy - James UK, black olive, Comet, Merl and Bluejon

Abington Services to Glasgow
Lead Driver - Merl
In Convoy – James UK, black olive, Comet, Bluejon and justmicky.

For the last leg, if Merl is not in our stage myself or any other member can takeover as lead driver. Remember, it is up to your goodselves whenever you wish to peel off from the convoy or whether you go the distance

I feel this is a good way of having everyone involved, and we will have good backup. Will revert with times for all of this if we all agree - please let me know
Cheers

Merl 20th May 2009 22:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by justmicky (Post 332387)
Greetings to our stage 6 Volunteers,
We are having a great response to our stage so far, so thanks for this.

From the word go, certain members have indicated they would travel further than the leg they are currently designated to, if so required. Some members may only want to cover a portion of the journey. To try and cover all aspects of our route, I have come up with the following. Hopefully all our stage members will approve but please feel free to voice your opinions or any other suggestions you might have.
“To quote Brian Clough”– I will listen, we will have a discussion, and then we will decide I am right”.
(Just a bit of light hearted banter there – not to be taken seriously!)
Because of the number of possible volunteers in our stage, it might be better if we form a convoy. Members can then join at a local point on route and then leave the convoy as they see fit. A “Lead Driver” would be incorporated into this schedule, to which the lead driver can be changed as we progress through the stage. Travelling like this with our numbers will give us an excellent back up facility, and hopefully we will be able to involve everyone in carrying the baton/banners etc.
The following is a provisional look at this idea, although it is not finalised with regard to “Lead Driver” status.

Lead Driver - James UK

At the Poplar Service Station Area at the M56/M6 interchange, Merland Comet may join the convoy.

Poplar Service Area – Charnock Richards M6

Lead Driver – James UK

In convoy possibly Merl and Comet

Charnock Richard Services - Preston North End FC
Lead Driver – Comet if available, if Comet unavailable then James UK will continue on as lead.
In convoy - Merl

At Preston North End football club ace1977Ian and black olive will join the stage.

Lead Driver - ace1977Ian

Lead Driver - Bluejon

Lead Driver - justmicky

Lead Driver - Merl

For the last leg, if Merl is not in our stage myself or any other member can takeover as lead driver. Remember, it is up to your goodselves whenever you wish to peel off from the convoy or whether you go the distance

I feel this is a good way of having everyone involved, and we will have good backup. Will revert with times for all of this if we all agree - please let me know
Cheers

Mike that looks all good to me :D

I had a brief word with Anna and they should be fine now Scotland has the shorter route so I would love to take it all the way into Glasgow and do the hand over there as I have never been to Scotland yet... (I know I am terrible for leaving it this long). :getmecoat:

Getting all Excited now... Must resist using the V8....

Cheers

justmicky 20th May 2009 22:15

Merl

Is that a definat yes you are on stage 6 then?

Ragman 20th May 2009 22:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merl (Post 332392)
Mike that looks all good to me :D

I had a brief word with Anna and they should be fine now Scotland has the shorter route so I would love to take it all the way into Glasgow and do the hand over there as I have never been to Scotland yet... (I know I am terrible for leaving it this long). :getmecoat:

Getting all Excited now... Must resist using the V8....

Cheers

Use the V8 - I am :D:D

justmicky 20th May 2009 22:25

Stage 6 PR

One more thing for our guys and gals,

Previously I posted a list of contacts with regard to the promotion of this event with local radio and local newspapers. Since i do not get home until June 3rd - would anyone be intersted in following up with the PR side in contacting the adresses on the list - come on, you know u want to do it!

Cheers

justmicky 21st May 2009 05:53

Stage 6 Update

Lead Driver - James UK

At the Poplar Service Station Area at the M56/M6 interchange, Merl will jon the convoy and possibly Comet.

Poplar Service Area – Charnock Richards M6 **** If Comet has not joined the run, the Charnock Richards stop will be cancelled ***
Lead Driver – James UK
In convoy Merl and may be Comet

Charnock Richard Services - Preston North End FC **** If Comet has not joined the run, the Charnock Richards stop will be cancelled ***
Lead Driver – Comet, if Comet unavailable then James UK will continue on as lead.
In convoy - Merl, james UK

Lead Driver - ace1977Ian

Lead Driver - Bluejon

Lead Driver - justmicky

Lead Driver - Merl

Cheers ;)

lady zed 21st May 2009 06:54

'Abington Services to Glasgow
Lead Driver - Merl
In Convoy – James UK, black olive, Comet, Bluejon and justmicky.'

So....are you ALL coming to Glasgow? If so we better assemble a welcome committee!!
:D

derekosb 21st May 2009 09:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooterchick (Post 332463)
Lead Driver - Merl

So....are you ALL coming to Glasgow? If so we better assemble a welcome committee!!

Hi all.

Definitely need to find somewhere nice to hand over so we get good photos! I think Anna and I will both be doing the 1st leg so will probably both meet everyone as they arrive at the handover point.

The unofficial Scottish Meet is this Sunday so we should be able to plan everything then and be able to post an agreed handover point on Sunday evening or Monday.

Derek

justmicky 21st May 2009 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooterchick (Post 332463)
Lead Driver - Merl

I will be, and Merl will be, think James UK might be too. Its up to the individuals how long they want to stay onboard :)

Merl 21st May 2009 12:14

I almost typed I can go almost the whole way but got visions of a carry on film...

I might see about joining James earlier on too... Might use the diesel as otherwise will be stopping to refuel the V8 every other mile and that will delay us....

Can't wait now....

justmicky 21st May 2009 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merl (Post 332545)
I almost typed I can go almost the whole way but got visions of a carry on film...

I might see about joining James earlier on too... Might use the diesel as otherwise will be stopping to refuel the V8 every other mile and that will delay us....

Can't wait now....

Okay Martin, let me know about joining James earlier as if "Comet" cannot make it there will be no point calling in at Poplar or Charnock Richards.

Cheers
Mike

justmicky 21st May 2009 16:40

Stage 6 Approximate timings

Chester – Poplar Service Area M56/M6 (1400hrs - 1435hrs)
Lead Driver - James UK

At the Poplar Service Station Area at the M56/M6 interchange, Merl will join the convoy and possibly Comet

Poplar Service Area – Charnock Richards M6 (1435 - 1505hrs)
Lead Driver – James UK
In convoy Merl, possibly Comet

Charnock Richard Services - Preston North End FC (1505hrs - 1535hrs)
In convoy - Merl, James UK

Preston North End FC to Burton in Kendal services (1535 - 1610hrs)
Lead Driver - ace1977Ian

Burton in Kendal services – Rehged centre, Penrith (1610 - 1700hrs)

The Rehged centre, Penrith to Gretna Green (1700 - 1745hrs)
Lead Driver - Bluejon

Gretna Green to Abington services (1745 - 1840hrs)
Lead Driver - justmicky

Abington Services to Glasgow (1840 - 1910hr)
Lead Driver - Merl

Times are subject to change and based on an average speed of 60mph - also allows for handover times.

Cheers ;)

James.uk 21st May 2009 17:21

I would be delighted to meet Merl anywhere, I/we are not due in Chester untill 1400hrs, 2pm, but it will be best to get there early, say 13.30 one thirty pm ish.

My route will be from home to Chester via the M67 M60 and then the M56, crossing the M6 Near Warrington en route to meeting John.com Somewhere near Chester. :) So can meet merl anywhere along the way. :)

I have yet to sort an exact meeting place with John, and am unfamiliar with Chester itself, so must relie on John for help with that. Maybe merl will be able to help if he knows Chester area at all. Either way, once we are sorted out, and have Fred safely onboard, we can merrily swap lead position every few miles so we don't get too bored on our merry way up Norf.... lol.. :D

I have a feeling that Stage 3 will be drastically shortened due to the fact they have no drivers at all yet!, if so, that will change all our times.. We need to keep an eye on that.

justmicky 21st May 2009 18:52

Okay james, sounds good. I am sure Merl will be along shortly with his input about meeting places. I shall be sending a message soon to JDC with contact details etc and asking about suitable handover points.

In port tonight guys and not sailing, so am off out for a beer...or two! Ahhhhhh :wine:

Cheers - literally

Merl 21st May 2009 23:58

Well lets see... Not been that way for a while but I read in their relay thread that some might want to go shopping so might be best meeting at or around Cheshire Oaks or if its still there a Sainsburys that was just before chester off the A55 as its by the park and ride in to Chester. Cheshire Oaks might be a nightmare and way to busy to do the handover at that time of day...

Will ring my mate at the Chester office to see if she can come up with any better ideas though...

If Comet can't make it I can meet up with James in Chester probably or might meet James there anyway as not much difference in it for me.

Enjoy that drink Mike and have one for us ;)

justmicky 22nd May 2009 17:46

Hi Guys and Gals,
Just an update on PR for our stage. I have sent out emails to the local papers in our stage as set out below. Hopefully will get a bit of response?

The Garstang Courier

Blackpool Gazette

Lancaster Guardian

The Cumberland News

Westmorland Gazette

The Chorley Gaurdian

WiganToday

Just the radio stations to do which I will get round to later.....anyone fancy goin on the radio if we got the opportunity?! :drool4:

James.uk 22nd May 2009 18:27

If -- and it looks very likely.. Stage 2 and 3 get deleted as no one has offered to cover those areas, Then Scribbler (stage 1) intends to go direct to Bristol from Poole, by my calculations that alters our time by minus 8 hours ish!

That makes the Chester pickup time around 6 am!! uh ohhhh. lol.

black olive 22nd May 2009 20:21

GLASGOW !!!!!!!

I spent a weekend in Dumfries more years ago than I care to remember, and I still have nightmares about it !!

Only joking- it was an absolute hoot, but seriously, Im not in for that long a journey.

Ill do either Charnock richard or Preston, to Burton in Kendal, probably preston, as they've made it awkward to get on the services from the access road, so as Id have to go halfway to preston to get on the motorway, and PNE would be a better meet up point anyway. Let us know whereabouts, Ive never been to the PNE.

May even go as far as Penrith if I get carried away.

Oh an MERL "FIRE UP THE V8", or I'll come in the clio !!

JohnDotCom 22nd May 2009 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by James.uk (Post 333084)
That makes the Chester pickup time around 6 am!! uh ohhhh. lol.

In that case Stage 5 would have to be scrapped at present,
as I'm working night before! :getmecoat:

Dragrad 22nd May 2009 21:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by James.uk (Post 333084)
If -- and it looks very likely.. Stage 2 and 3 get deleted as no one has offered to cover those areas, Then Scribbler (stage 1) intends to go direct to Bristol from Poole, by my calculations that alters our time by minus 8 hours ish!

Has anyone gone through the members list and e-mailed a plea to those members living in the affected area to come forward? :shrug:

JohnDotCom 22nd May 2009 22:02

Yes I have in the North and Mid Wales areas,
just a few left to search out in members list.
Does take an age you know. :D

James.uk 22nd May 2009 22:19

I have just read Scribblers post on stage 3. he estimates that missing out Devon and cornwall will cut the time down by 9 hours ish.. Thats even worse for us, making the Chester link 5 am!!

If stage 5 goes as well, there would be no point in going along the South coast Of Wales as that link up wont be going anywhere. :shrug:

It is also far from Clear who is going to do the stage one start off? The final two parts i.e. Southampton to Bournemouth then B/mouth to Dorchester, were covered, but now there is no point in going to Dorchester = no one from Devon to meet! Hence the plan to go direct to Bristol instead? :shrug:

If.. we lose Devon Cornwall and parts (if not all) of Wales, then it makes a Saturday morning start more sensible..

At the moment the overall picture is very unclear.. Lets hope it gets better soon. :D

JohnDotCom 22nd May 2009 22:21

Its all down to finding more volunteers that are available and free on the Times and Dates posted.
In Stage 5 there was only TimO and Myself available, but no reserves etc so hopefully someone or many will come forward.
The suggested altered times would rule me out for sure and haven't yet spoken to Tim.

justmicky 22nd May 2009 22:22

[quote=black olive;333136]GLASGOW !!!!!!!

I spent a weekend in Dumfries more years ago than I care to remember, and I still have nightmares about it !!

Only joking- it was an absolute hoot, but seriously, Im not in for that long a journey.

Ill do either Charnock richard or Preston, to Burton in Kendal, probably preston, as they've made it awkward to get on the services from the access road, so as Id have to go halfway to preston to get on the motorway, and PNE would be a better meet up point anyway. Let us know whereabouts, Ive never been to the PNE.

May even go as far as Penrith if I get carried away.

Glasgow -dont panic, :panic:. As I mentioned in the post, members can peel off from the convoy as they see fit. Have got you down as meeting up with the convoy at PNE FC. Lead driver from there will be ace1977Ian to Burton in Kendal. You have the lead from Burton in Kendal to Penrith if as you say you get carried away!

Cheers

justmicky 22nd May 2009 22:32

Stage 6 - slight ammendments

Chester – Poplar Service Area M56/M6 (1400hrs - 1435hrs)
Lead Driver - James UK
In convoy Merl

At the Poplar Service Station Area at the M56/M6 interchange, Comet may join the convoy.

Poplar Service Area – Charnock Richards M6 (1435 - 1505hrs)
Lead Driver – James UK
In convoy Merl, possibly Comet

Charnock Richard Services - Preston North End FC (1505hrs - 1535hrs)
In convoy - Merl, James UK

Preston North End FC to Burton in Kendal services (1535 - 1610hrs)
Lead Driver - ace1977Ian
In convoy - Merl, James UK, black olive, and possibly Comet

In Convoy – Merl, James UK, justmicky, possibly black olive, possibly Comet

Lead Driver - Bluejon
In Convoy - Merl, justmicky, James UK

Lead Driver - justmicky
In Convoy - James UK, and Merl

Lead Driver - Merl
In Convoy – James UK, justmicky.

Times are subject to change and based on an average speed of 60mph - also allows for handover times.

Cheers ;)

Merl 22nd May 2009 23:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by black olive (Post 333136)
GLASGOW !!!!!!!

Oh an MERL "FIRE UP THE V8", or I'll come in the clio !!

Steve - If you join us at the MG Holland meet I will fire up the V8 ;)

Will work out the mileage but I have a feeling that Holland Will take up 2 months of mileage and Scotland will take up a month to 2 months... Darn Ltd mileage policy... If Pete Best Increase it like they say they might I will def fire up the V8

Ohh for Chester transfer I have been recommended the Holliday Inn on Wrexham Rd off the A55: Click Here

Dragrad 22nd May 2009 23:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnDotCom (Post 333208)
Its all down to finding more volunteers that are available and free on the Times and Dates posted.
In Stage 5 there was only TimO and Myself available, but no reserves etc so hopefully someone or many will come forward.
The suggested altered times would rule me out for sure and haven't yet spoken to Tim.

Could very well have a negative effect on Stage 4 as well :(

Or are we all running before the wind? Maybe, in this hectic world, people are waiting to see what personal commitments they have before they commit to the Relay? :shrug:

I just hope that it does all comes together...... somehow :confused:

The Yellow Peril 23rd May 2009 07:36

You don't log on for a day.......................

Hi
I'm back in the land of the living, got Mrs Yellow Perils laptop and internet dongle thingy up and running, and gore blimy guv, everything collapsing round our ears.

We have just under one month to go and I'm not giving up on this thing just yet. If we are as desperatly short of voulenteers in some stages as it sems then there are always options. But before we start to talk about wholesale changes, lets give ourselves and our fellow members a couple of weeks to see if there are any improvements.

If we have to curtail stages then ok, but just for now I'm inclined to hang fire, it wouldn't take a lot for this to fold if the word that it's undersupported was to become widespread.

Yellow Peril

comet 23rd May 2009 20:51

Re my post No 56 I AM SORRY BUT WE ARE GOING UP TO CARLISLE ON THURS SO WE ARE UNABLE TO DO THE CONVOY. My friends who we are staying with can not make the weekend.. We will be back on Saturday morning and I will try and see the lads off at 1430 at POPLARS.

MY APOLIGIES I WAS HOPING TO JOIN YOU.

justmicky 23rd May 2009 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by comet (Post 333476)
Re my post No 56 I AM SORRY BUT WE ARE GOING UP TO CARLISLE ON THURS SO WE ARE UNABLE TO DO THE CONVOY. My friends who we are staying with can not make the weekend.. We will be back on Saturday morning and I will try and see the lads off at 1430 at POPLARS.

MY APOLIGIES I WAS HOPING TO JOIN YOU.

No worries Colin. Just one thing though, as I stated in an earlier post - as you cannot make the convoy we will not call at Poplar. James and Merl will go straight round to Preston. They will be picking up from Chester (actual handover point not yet decided) if you want to see them off

Cheers

justmicky 23rd May 2009 22:14

Latest for stage 6

Handover from JohnDotCom, Holiday Inn Chester - 1400hrs

Chester – Preston FC (1410hrs - 1530hrs)
Lead Driver - James.UK
In convoy Merl.
At Preston North End football club ace1977Ian, black olive and justmicky will join the stage.

Preston North End FC to Burton in Kendal services (1530 - 1610hrs)
Lead Driver - ace1977Ian
In convoy - black olive, Merl, James.UK, justmicky.

In Convoy – Merl, James UK, justmicky, ace1977Ian.

Lead Driver - Bluejon
In Convoy - justmicky, Merl, James.UK

Lead Driver - justmicky

Lead Driver - Merl

Cheers ;)

James.uk 29th May 2009 14:55

I may now be picking up from Tim0 in either Colwyn or Conway, so there is no point in my going to Chester.

I will arrange to meet Merl somewhere en route. (maybe Poplars). and still be at Preston FC as arranged. So stage 6 wont be effected really. :lol:

But due to my extended route West, I doubt I will go as far North as Glasow. :o

justmicky 29th May 2009 16:09

Okay James. If you can let me know where you are going to meet up with Merl when you have organised something - cheers.

justmicky 4th June 2009 17:47

Photo Shoot Opportunity

Hi Guys,and Gal,

Well things are at last moving for stage 6 on the publicity front! :clap:

Today I have received an email from a reporter at the "Lancaster Guardian Newspaper", He would like to come out and take some pictures of me and my car before the event, but I would like to extend this to all of our members in stage 6.
If anyone is interested can you please let me know and we can perhaps organise a rendevous point appropriate to all of us and get the "photo shoot" done - will be a nice bit of publicity for our club.

Let me know soonest as I need to get things organised with the reporter

Cheers

JohnDotCom 4th June 2009 18:23

Nice Result, keep us updated.

James.uk 4th June 2009 19:19

I haven't heard from Merl yet regarding a new meeting point = end of stage 5 - start of stage 6.. But either way I can run from Conway/Colwyn to Preston footy club.

Re photo fingy, if you post up what you arrange, I will get there if I can. :shrug:

ace1977lan 5th June 2009 17:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by justmicky (Post 337883)
Hi Guys,and Gal,

Well things are at last moving for stage 6 on the publicity front! :clap:

Today I have received an email from a reporter at the "Lancaster Guardian Newspaper", He would like to come out and take some pictures of me and my car before the event, but I would like to extend this to all of our members in stage 6.
If anyone is interested can you please let me know and we can perhaps organise a rendevous point appropriate to all of us and get the "photo shoot" done - will be a nice bit of publicity for our club.

Let me know soonest as I need to get things organised with the reporter

Cheers

Mike

I don't mind coming along for photo shoot , always wanted to be in my home town newspaper - fame at last !

Andy

black olive 5th June 2009 22:31

I would reckon PNE would be the best place for a paper photoshoot- has anyone been in touch with the lancashire evening post, or Rock FM for an audio interview

justmicky 5th June 2009 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by black olive (Post 338512)
I would reckon PNE would be the best place for a paper photoshoot- has anyone been in touch with the lancashire evening post, or Rock FM for an audio interview

As per earlier post I have contacted the following newspapers: The Lancaster Guardian is the only one to reply to date but I am hopeful we will get a few more!

The Garstang Courier

Blackpool Gazette

Lancaster Guardian

The Cumberland News

Westmorland Gazette

The Chorley Gaurdian

WiganToday

As for the radio, I did ask if anyone was willing to do go on the airwaves if we had a chance but nobody came forward. If you are a willing volunteer Steve I can contact Rock FM and the Bay?

The Yellow Peril 6th June 2009 13:26

Peter Crane (Pete) 75 & ZT Club director has told me that he is available for PR/Radio/TV as required.
We have an interview with Radio WM in the pipeline

Great stuff

Andrew

Quote:

Originally Posted by justmicky (Post 338525)
As per earlier post I have contacted the following newspapers: The Lancaster Guardian is the only one to reply to date but I am hopeful we will get a few more!

The Garstang Courier

Blackpool Gazette

Lancaster Guardian

The Cumberland News

Westmorland Gazette

The Chorley Gaurdian

WiganToday

As for the radio, I did ask if anyone was willing to do go on the airwaves if we had a chance but nobody came forward. If you are a willing volunteer Steve I can contact Rock FM and the Bay?

The Yellow Peril 6th June 2009 13:36

Stage Coordinators update

Can all stage coordinators please email me with the latest position re: stage drivers, contact details, start - finish- handover points and approximate times please to enable me to compile the event support documentation. email to [email protected]

Any questions? Send then too.

Many thanks

Andrew

justmicky 6th June 2009 15:18

Hi Andy,
Have sent you an email with all details of stage 6.

Have also notified Rock FM and the Bay Radio as of today.
Cheers
Mike

Merl 6th June 2009 17:25

HI Guys

Sorry been very hectoc with work and social life that have not had chance to post for ages!!!!

Newspaper sounds good, don't know where would be best as don't have a clue about that part of the country... Radio too I don't mind doing if needed...

I can meet James at Poplar 2000 or could even see about doing the whole route if he is coming with us to Glasgow still that way we can keep each other company.

Martin

justmicky 6th June 2009 17:42

Okay Merl, nice to see you back in touch. Will pencil you in to meet up with James UK at Poplar services.
As you may know, James may be doing Colwyn/Conway round to Poplar. Still a bit up in the air at the mo.
Lancaster Guardian photoshoot I think will be in the Lancaster area to be fair. I shall be dropping the reporter an email to see what sort of "Iconic" place we can come up with.
There are all sorts of other irons in the fire, so its a case of watch this space. The next couple of weeks hopefully will be very productive ?
Cheers

JohnDotCom 6th June 2009 17:45

Hopefully JamesUK will do the Colwyn Bay to Chester section to save TimO doing whole of stage 5 on his own.
Just awaiting reply from Tim re timing etc.

justmicky 6th June 2009 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnDotCom (Post 338814)
Hopefully JamesUK will do the Colwyn Bay to Chester section to save TimO doing whole of stage 5 on his own.
Just awaiting reply from Tim re timing etc.

Okay John,only difference to add there is that if James is picking up at Colwyn Bay, he is going to go straight on to Poplar servicves and skip Chester as there is no point in calling in there. He will meet up with Merl at Poplar.

JohnDotCom 6th June 2009 17:55

No probs.
Would help any corrections in timings if we slip behind slightly due to the Country roads that have to be travelled from Aberystwyth to Colwyn Bay.

ace1977lan 7th June 2009 09:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by justmicky (Post 338813)
Okay Merl, nice to see you back in touch. Will pencil you in to meet up with James UK at Poplar services.
As you may know, James may be doing Colwyn/Conway round to Poplar. Still a bit up in the air at the mo.
Lancaster Guardian photoshoot I think will be in the Lancaster area to be fair. I shall be dropping the reporter an email to see what sort of "Iconic" place we can come up with.
There are all sorts of other irons in the fire, so its a case of watch this space. The next couple of weeks hopefully will be very productive ?
Cheers

Mike

Just been thinking what about having the photo's taken near the Ashton Memorial/Butterfly house at Williamson's Park. We'd probably have to ask Lancaster City Council permission.

http://www.williamsonpark.com/

justmicky 7th June 2009 11:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by ace1977lan (Post 339113)
Mike

Just been thinking what about having the photo's taken near the Ashton Memorial/Butterfly house at Williamson's Park. We'd probably have to ask Lancaster City Council permission.

http://www.williamsonpark.com/

Yes that would be a great spot Andy. I will be sending off an email to the LG reporter this afternoon and I will suggest that this be a possbile place we can do the photoshoot.I will ask the reporter about permission etc etc. and report back accordingly
Cheers
Mike

justmicky 10th June 2009 21:53

Good news, and some not so good news.

The photoshoot with the Lancaster Guardian has been arranged for Saturday (13th) at 2pm. It will be at the Holiday Inn car park in Lancaster since Williamson Park was asking £20 for using their facility!

The bad news - The Lancaster Guardian only want to photograph members that fall within the Lancaster catchment area. When I mentioned we had a couple from Preston and possibly Cumbria interested, they said they would not want to photograph these members and hoped that perhaps their relevant local newspaper would cover that.

Apologies guys. :getmecoat:

James.uk 11th June 2009 00:39

Ellow you lot. I will pick up from Tim0 at either Conway or Colwyn at a point-time of his choosing, I don't know the area so it wont make any diff to me, I will just feed the info into "Sally SatNav" my argumentative map reader and co-pilot! :D

I will call into Poplars (JCTN M6 M56) to meet Merl, then I can pass over to him and follow him to PNE footy club in case he runs out of fuel! :D :D

I am assuming that I need to meet Tim0 sometime around 1 pm (1300) ish?? That gives me a "leaving home time" of around 11-20 am ish I think..But--

I intend to be 30 mins early "just in case".. :o :lol:

John.com knows the traveling times much better than I do, so John? I live 14 miles East of M/cr airport, say 20 mins ish if that's any help.. :lol:

justmicky 11th June 2009 12:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by James.uk (Post 340880)
Ellow you lot. I will pick up from Tim0 at either Conway or Colwyn at a point-time of his choosing, I don't know the area so it wont make any diff to me, I will just feed the info into "Sally SatNav" my argumentative map reader and co-pilot! :D

I will call into Poplars (JCTN M6 M56) to meet Merl, then I can pass over to him and follow him to PNE footy club in case he runs out of fuel! :D :D

I am assuming that I need to meet Tim0 sometime around 1 pm (1300) ish?? That gives me a "leaving home time" of around 11-20 am ish I think..But--

I intend to be 30 mins early "just in case".. :o :lol:

John.com knows the traveling times much better than I do, so John? I live 14 miles East of M/cr airport, say 20 mins ish if that's any help.. :lol:

Okay James, sounds good. Just going over some of the plans: around 1300hrs meet with Timo will be about right on the current agenda. Things may change as you know.

ace1977lan 11th June 2009 20:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by justmicky (Post 340792)
The photoshoot with the Lancaster Guardian has been arranged for Saturday (13th) at 2pm. It will be at the Holiday Inn car park in Lancaster since Williamson Park was asking £20 for using their facility!

The bad news - The Lancaster Guardian only want to photograph members that fall within the Lancaster catchment area. When I mentioned we had a couple from Preston and possibly Cumbria interested, they said they would not want to photograph these members and hoped that perhaps their relevant local newspaper would cover that.

Apologies guys. :getmecoat:

Mike

No worries I wouldn't be able to make it to be honest as im off to Ireland tomorrow for a few days.

Andy

justmicky 11th June 2009 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by ace1977lan (Post 341253)
Mike

No worries I wouldn't be able to make it to be honest as im off to Ireland tomorrow for a few days.

Andy

Okay Andy, hope you have a nice few days.

Simon 12th June 2009 10:21

For all those participating in the Rally, would you all please ensure you have read and understood this: http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=39664

Thanks.

justmicky 12th June 2009 12:34

Update stage 6

Handover from TimO/James UK at Colwyn Bay 1305hrs

Cowyn Bay/Chester – Poplar Services (1310hrs - 1430hrs)
Lead Driver - James.UK
At Poplar services Merl will join the convoy

Poplar Services - Preston North End FC (1430 - 1530hrs)
Lead Driver Merl
In convoy James UK
At Preston North End football club ace1977Ian, black olive and justmicky will join the stage.

Preston North End FC to Burton in Kendal services (1530 - 1610hrs)
Lead Driver - ace1977Ian
In convoy - black olive, Merl, James.UK, justmicky.

In Convoy – Merl, James UK, justmicky, ace1977Ian.

Lead Driver - Bluejon
In Convoy - justmicky, Merl, James.UK

Lead Driver - justmicky

Abington Services to Glasgow Science Centre (1840 - 1915hr)
Lead Driver - Merl

The Glasgow Science Centre is the handover point to stage 7.

justmicky 12th June 2009 19:11

Hi all,
For anyone needing directions:

Stage 6 – Some Directions:

1. Poplar Services Service Area M6 Junction 20/ M56 interchange

2. Sir Tom Finney Splash Statue PNE FC.
Exit M6 at junction 31 onto A59 New Hall Lane.
After 1 mile turn right onto Blackpool Road A5085
Follow the A5085 for approximately 1.3 miles then turn left on to Sir Tom Finney Way (A6063)
Turn left into PNE Football ground and meet at the “Sir Tom Finney Splash Statue"

3. Burton in Kendal service area
M6 between junctions 35 and 36

4. Rheged Centre Penrith
Exit M6 at junction 40 keep left.
Take first left onto A66
Follow A66 for approx 1 mile
At roundabout take first left onto local road to the centre.

5.Gretna Green Old Smithy
M6 then A74 for approx 6.3 miles and exit on slip road (A74(M) J22)
Turn Right onto A75 for 0.5 mile
Bear left onto Galloway B7076 for 0.1 mile
Turn left onto Glasgow Road B7076 for 0.2 mile
Turn right onto Gretna Loaning B7076
Turn right on to B7076 0.1 mile.

6. Abington Services
Exit J13 A74 (M)

7. Glasgow Science Centre
At end of M74 keep left onto M73 1.4 miles (M73/A80/M8/Stirling/Kincardine Bridge)
Exit J2 take ramp left onto M8 for 9.2 miles (M8/Glasgow City Centre)
At exit 20 keep left/bear left (North) on to West street (130 yds)
Turn left (West) onto A8 (Morrison Street) 0.5 mile
Keep right onto Govan Road 0.4 mile
Keep straight on to Pacific Drive.
At roundabout take 3rd exit on to Pacific Quay.

Cheers

JohnDotCom 12th June 2009 19:12

Come on sort that lot out!! :D :D

justmicky 12th June 2009 19:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnDotCom (Post 341749)
Come on sort that lot out!! :D :D

Ooooops, must hav had one too many! :D:D:D

black olive 12th June 2009 22:24

top mon........

justmicky 16th June 2009 14:58

Stage 6 Update

Okay guys and gal,

With just a few days to go now here is an update of our stage - a few small changes thats all, and in addition we may call in yet at the Holiday Inn Lancaster to pick up another member who I am just waiting to hear from. We won't be calling at Abington services Scotland, Merl hopefully will do lead from Gretna to Glasgow.

Handover from TimO to James UK at Colwyn Bay 1330hrs

Cowyn Bay/Chester – Poplar Services M56/M6 - 62 Miles (1330hrs - 1440hrs)
Lead Driver - James.UK

Poplar Services - Preston North End FC (Sir Tom Finney Splash Statue) - 38 Miles (1440 - 1530hrs)
Lead Driver Merl
In convoy James UK

Preston North End FC to Burton in Kendal Services M6 J35/36 – 31 Miles (1530 - 1610hrs)
Lead Driver - ace1977Ian
In convoy - black olive, Merl, justmicky.

Burton in Kendal services – Rehged centre, Penrith - 38 Miles (1610 - 1700hrs)
In Convoy – Merl, justmicky, ace1977Ian. At the Rheged Centre in Penrith, Bluejon & Jan will join the stage.

The Rehged Centre, Penrith to Gretna Green (The Old Smith) - 30 Miles (1700 - 1750hrs)
Lead Driver – Bluejon & Jan
In Convoy - justmicky, Merl, possibly ace1977Ian

Gretna Green to Glasgow Science Centre - 89 Miles (1750 - 1930hrs)
Lead Driver - Merl
In Convoy - justmicky

Can everyone in the stage ensure they have the contact numbers of the drivers they are taking over from and handing over to.

Cheers
Mike

justmicky 17th June 2009 19:15

RBR - Phil

Okay Phil, we will call in at the Holiday Inn. I will get back to you with some times etc - once again can you let me know how far you want to travel North with us
Cheers

justmicky 17th June 2009 19:19

Hi Guys & Gal,

Just to let you know we have another member joing us on our route - "blman" who will join us at Lancaster - I will up date the overall irtenerary later etc.
Cheers

blman 17th June 2009 19:28

hi

ok on this now!

can travel at least past carlisle, home for 8 pref but no distance prob

justmicky 17th June 2009 20:02

Update RBR stage 6

Latest Update - now calling in at Lancaster to join with Blman:

Handover from TimO to James UK at Colwyn Bay 1330hrs

Cowyn Bay/Chester – Poplar Services M56/M6 - 62 Miles (1330hrs - 1440hrs)
Lead Driver - James.UK

Poplar Services - Preston North End FC (Sir Tom Finney Splash Statue) - 38 Miles (1440 - 1530hrs)
Lead Driver Merl
In convoy James UK

Preston North End FC to Lancaster Holiday Inn - 24 Miles (1530 - 1555hrs)
Lead Driver - ace1977Ian
In convoy - black olive, Merl, justmicky.

Lancaster Hoiliday Inn to Burton in Kendal Services M6 J35/36 – 7 Miles (1600 - 1610hrs)
Lead Driver - ace1977Ian
In convoy - black olive, Merl, justmicky, Blman.

Burton in Kendal services – Rehged centre, Penrith - 38 Miles (1610 - 1700hrs)
In Convoy – Merl, justmicky, ace1977Ian, Blman.
At the Rheged Centre in Penrith, Bluejon & Jan will join the stage.

The Rehged Centre, Penrith to Gretna Green (The Old Smith) - 30 Miles (1700 - 1750hrs)
Lead Driver – Bluejon & Jan
In Convoy - justmicky, Merl, Blman, possibly ace1977Ian.

Gretna Green to Glasgow Science Centre - 89 Miles (1750 - 1930hrs)
Lead Driver - Merl
In Convoy - justmicky

Can everyone in the stage ensure they have the contact numbers of the drivers they are taking over from and handing over to.

Cheers
Mike

justmicky 17th June 2009 20:10

Update for Lancster direction

Hi all,
For anyone needing directions:

Stage 6 – Some Directions:

1. Poplar Services Service Area M6 Junction 20/ M56 interchange

2. Sir Tom Finney Splash Statue PNE FC.
Exit M6 at junction 31 onto A59 New Hall Lane.
After 1 mile turn right onto Blackpool Road A5085
Follow the A5085 for approximately 1.3 miles then turn left on to Sir Tom Finney Way (A6063)
Turn left into PNE Football ground and meet at the “Sir Tom Finney Splash Statue"

3. Lancaster Holiday Inn.
Exit M6 at J 34, bear left. At traffic lights turn right on to A683 (Caton Road). Holiday Inn immediately on the right.

4. Burton in Kendal service area
M6 between junctions 35 and 36

5. Rheged Centre Penrith
Exit M6 at junction 40 keep left.
Take first left onto A66
Follow A66 for approx 1 mile
At roundabout take first left onto local road to the centre.

6.Gretna Green Old Smithy
M6 then A74 for approx 6.3 miles and exit on slip road (A74(M) J22)
Turn Right onto A75 for 0.5 mile
Bear left onto Galloway B7076 for 0.1 mile
Turn left onto Glasgow Road B7076 for 0.2 mile
Turn right onto Gretna Loaning B7076
Turn right on to B7076 0.1 mile.

7. Abington Services
Exit J13 A74 (M)

8. Glasgow Science Centre
At end of M74 keep left onto M73 1.4 miles (M73/A80/M8/Stirling/Kincardine Bridge)
Exit J2 take ramp left onto M8 for 9.2 miles (M8/Glasgow City Centre)
At exit 20 keep left/bear left (North) on to West street (130 yds)
Turn left (West) onto A8 (Morrison Street) 0.5 mile
Keep right onto Govan Road 0.4 mile
Keep straight on to Pacific Drive.
At roundabout take 3rd exit on to Pacific Quay.

Cheers

Merl 18th June 2009 22:36

Cool its looking good now. :D

Cheers for all the hard work Mike!!

James.uk 19th June 2009 00:28

:wss: :D

And -- I will endevour to comply with the following times.. :D

Cowyn Bay Pier– Depart at 1330hrs --- Arrive at Poplar Services M56/M6 - At 1440hrs)

I intend to be at Colwyn Bay Pier at approx 13-00 hours. And will wait for Tim to arrive. If there are no parking bays available, I will leave my Co-pilot at the Pier with orders to accost every passing Black MG he sees! When Tim arrives he can then ring me and I will Join them from wherever I am parked. :lol: .

I will ring Merl just prior to my leaving Colwyn to let him know all's well, and to give him my eta at Poplars. :lol:

Good luck to all, and thanks to Micky for organising things so well. :lol:

JohnDotCom 19th June 2009 07:51

Always plenty of Free Parking Bays along the Prom there. :lol:

justmicky 19th June 2009 07:56

A personal big thanks to all our members in stage 6 for all the support we have had. :clap:. Look forward to meeting you all tomorrow.

Cheers

justmicky 19th June 2009 09:09

Stage 6 Photoshoot - great news.

Hi Guys and Gal,

Cleared it today with PNE FC for the photoshoot there although there will not be any football club intervention as such.

Gretna Green got back to me today and they are going "all out for it"! I am really pleased with their response. They will be waiting for us to arrive around (1745hrs) and they will arrange for us to take pictures of our cars in front of the Old Smithy Building and use the building free of charge. So there is plenty of scope for some good photo shots here - we can get the flag up etc etc.
So it would be great guys if as many as possible could stay on to Gretna - NO PRESSURE! :D

Word of warning for "Fred the Ted" - I think secretly my daughters teddy is planning on "stowing away" so Ted will have to watch himself around the Old Smithy Anvil or his bachelor days could be numbered! :luvya:

One more thing - Gretna Green did ask that when the photos are posted on our website could we put in a link to their website http://www.gretnagreen.com/cms/

Cheers

blman 19th June 2009 09:52

Gretna Green should be perfect for our turn round so will make it that far..

justmicky 19th June 2009 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by blman (Post 344451)
Gretna Green should be perfect for our turn round so will make it that far..

Thats great news phil.........you quote "Our turn around" you got company? Tell me to mind my own business if necessary - just interested - the more the merrier!

Cheers

Silvervixen 19th June 2009 19:24

Rheged

I have been in touch with Rheged, Just to let them know what time John and I will be arriving, They said we can take pics in front of the large sign at the entrance of the building and someone from there will be on hand to take the pics for us if we like. They also said they would be delighted if they could also have the link for their Centre posted with the pics too...Good publicity? Looking forward to seeing you ! and good luck!

Jan and John

Quote:

Originally Posted by justmicky (Post 344441)
Hi Guys and Gal,

Cleared it today with PNE FC for the photoshoot there although there will not be any football club intervention as such.

Gretna Green got back to me today and they are going "all out for it"! I am really pleased with their response. They will be waiting for us to arrive around (1745hrs) and they will arrange for us to take pictures of our cars in front of the Old Smithy Building and use the building free of charge. So there is plenty of scope for some good photo shots here - we can get the flag up etc etc.
So it would be great guys if as many as possible could stay on to Gretna - NO PRESSURE! :D

Word of warning for "Fred the Ted" - I think secretly my daughters teddy is planning on "stowing away" so Ted will have to watch himself around the Old Smithy Anvil or his bachelor days could be numbered! :luvya:

One more thing - Gretna Green did ask that when the photos are posted on our website could we put in a link to their website http://www.gretnagreen.com/cms/

Cheers

blman 19th June 2009 19:47

just me n my partner!

justmicky 19th June 2009 19:49

That sounds brilliant Jan,John. Looking forward to what promises to be a great event. See you both tomorrow at Rheged.

justmicky 19th June 2009 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by blman (Post 344669)
just me n my partner!

Okay Phil, look forward to seeing you both tomorrow - will keep you informed as to the timing etc

That goes for everyone, will keep you all updated as we progress through the stage

Safe driving to all tomorrow :driving::driving::driving:
Cheers

black olive 20th June 2009 09:11

guys- going to have to dip out- girls have got up this morning and proudly announced they have sorted me a surprise for fathers day- this afternoon- as you can imagine I was surprised, but as I hadnt mentioned the date of the run to them I cant say anything !!

have a good one

James.uk 20th June 2009 09:23

In approx one hour I will set off for Colwyn Bay.. :lol: Erm, pouring with rain here!! dohhh... :(

My flask if full, got some bikkies, car was fueled up and checked over last night.. :)

See you all later... BFN...

justmicky 20th June 2009 09:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by black olive (Post 344821)
guys- going to have to dip out- girls have got up this morning and proudly announced they have sorted me a surprise for fathers day- this afternoon- as you can imagine I was surprised, but as I hadnt mentioned the date of the run to them I cant say anything !!

have a good one

Okay Steve, no worries we have plenty of cover. Hope you have a nice day.

ace1977lan 20th June 2009 19:36

Just got back from Gretna Green, 98 miles and took me 1hr 10 mins to get back including a toilet stop !!!

Great turn out today, we even picked up a black ZT V8 on the way to the Rehged Centre at Penrith he'd read about the event in the local paper and I think he'll be joinging the club. Really enjoyed it today and nice to meet some new and old faces. I'll upload some pictures in abit.

Thanks to Andrew and to Mike for organising stage 6.

Andy

black olive 20th June 2009 21:46

well done guys- sorry couldnt make it- was treated to bowling, Terminator salvaton, and Pizza hut, so now trying to make room for a few beers

justmicky 21st June 2009 14:13

A selection of sStage 6 and 8 photos

5 Attachment(s)
Hi guys, just home. Many thanks to all our stage 6 members yesterday for all of your support - it was a great day and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Just a few photos for everyone to peruse:

justmicky 21st June 2009 14:17

And the next

5 Attachment(s)
And the next

justmicky 21st June 2009 14:18

5 Attachment(s)
And the next

justmicky 21st June 2009 14:20

5 Attachment(s)
and the next