The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Regional Events Forum: Scotland (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   NOVEMBER SCOTTISH MEET - Sun 21st @ 13:00 (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=71861)

derekosb 5th November 2010 11:02

NOVEMBER SCOTTISH MEET - Sun 21st @ 13:00

LOCH LOMOND SHORES - SUNDAY 21st NOVEMBER 2010
Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the clubs public liability insurance. Also the owners club take no responsibility for the meet in any way

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q...ondShoresA.jpghttp://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q...Shoreslogo.jpg

The return to Loch Lomond is go!!

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q...omond5610a.jpg

After a bit of debate over choice of venue for the November meet the return to Loch Lomond Shores is on. Let's just hope we get a little bit better weather than last year, but just as good a turnout:}

http://www.lochlomondshores.com/index.htm

Loch Lomond Shores is also on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...s/343602394225

As with last year's meet I have arranged for use of the overspill car park so we will all be able to park together:}. Although this year I think I might try and organise the parking a little better as we were somewhat "all over the shop" which made getting decent photographs quite difficult.:p::p:

I have suggested 13:00 meeting time so we have some daylight to pore over everyone's car and then move up to the shops for the Farmer's Market, Santa's Grotto, Radio Roadshow (from 2pm) and Xmas lights switch on (at 5pm).

For details of last year's meet (for anyone that did not make it) please see here: http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...+Scottish+Meet

From the earlier discussion thread (see here: http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=70940 ) we already have some names so I will start the list with those names as follows:

Sunday 21st November 2010 at 13:00

1. Tazman3 - MG ZT 2.5 V6 (Le Mans Green)
2. AldoR (and Alison) - MG ZT V8 (X Power Grey)
3. pab - Rover 75 Sal 1.8t (Starlight Silver)
4. Simondi - Rover 75 Sal 1.8 (Odyssey Blue)
5. Derekosb - Rover 75 Sal CDTi (Starlight Silver)
6. FLYER (and Annemarie - Mrs Flyer) - Rover 75 Sal CDT (Moonstone Green)
7. Suzublu - Rover 75 Sal 1.8 (Wedgewood Blue)
8. Brigus - Rover 75 Tourer CDT (Royal Blue)
9. J1MBO - Rover 75 Sal V8 Contemp SE (Poseidon)
10. Tim_Burgess - Rover 75 Sal 1.8 (Royal Blue)
11. Rotrex - MG ZT CDTi (X Power Grey)
12. barrienixon - MG ZT CDT (Trophy Blue)
13. Yella Fella (formerly GL3NN) - MG ZT 1.8t (Trophy Yellow)
14. Thomas ( And Family) - Rover 75 Sal CDTi (Odyssey Blue)
15. Tammyboy - Rover 75 Tourer CDT (White Gold)
16. Thomas&Jeanette- Rover Vitesse (Zircon Silver)
17. David5000 - Rover 75 Sal CDTi (Tempest Grey)

Possibles

a) Kieranswood
b) MGStephen

Doubtfuls (unless baby makes a rapid appearance)

Scooterchick

Anyone else up for the meet please let me know and I will add you to the list.

Apologies for what is now relatively short notice (just over 2 weeks away) but hopefully we can get a decent turnout again this year.:}

I will drop a PM to everyone on my list as well to let as many members as possible know about the meet.

Look forward to seeing everyone on the 21st.

Derek

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q...ion-boards.jpg

pab 5th November 2010 11:29

The rain did spoil the meet last year,let's hope for decent weather

The turnout I think was the biggest Scottish meet,can you remember the numbers Derek?

A convoy from Dumbarton again would be good..

FLYER 5th November 2010 11:48

please put me and annmarie down for the trip derek , and i promise not to overtake the convoy at ANY stage LOL.

FLYER.

derekosb 5th November 2010 12:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by pab (Post 611634)
The rain did spoil the meet last year,let's hope for decent weather

The turnout I think was the biggest Scottish meet,can you remember the numbers Derek?

A convoy from Dumbarton again would be good..

we totalled 24 cars last year which remains the largest Scottish Meet to date (although Cambo ran it close). I'll look at convoys next week but I agree with the thought of running up from Dumbarton again (Asda IIRC).

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYER (Post 611644)
please put me and annmarie down for the trip derek , and i promise not to overtake the convoy at ANY stage LOL.

FLYER.

No problem George and look forward to seeing you both again, and belated congratulations on your nuptials!:D

Derek.

**List updated on 1st Post**

lady zed 5th November 2010 13:20

If baby plays the game and comes OUT in the next week we'll be there. I was up all night with contractions which have all stopped now :mad: please send me labour vibes, would love to make this one again. :D

derekosb 5th November 2010 13:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooterchick (Post 611695)
If baby plays the game and comes OUT in the next week we'll be there. I was up all night with contractions which have all stopped now :mad: please send me labour vibes, would love to make this one again. :D

Hi Anna,

Fingers crossed for you as I know you have been suffering a fair bit of "discomfort" of late. Sooner rather than later as far as you are concerned I'm sure.

I'll keep an eye out for your news as I am sure you will be updating FB when baby arrives:D

L ~~ A ~~ B ~~ O ~~ U ~~ R ~~ ~~ V ~~ I ~~ B ~~ E ~~ S ~~~~~:D:D:D

Derek .

WeeMan 5th November 2010 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooterchick (Post 611695)

:D vibevibevibevibevibe....... Hope all goes well! x

derekosb 5th November 2010 14:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeeMan (Post 611733)
:D vibevibevibevibevibe....... Hope all goes well! x

Hi Tommy,

Are you still away on the 21st and unable to make it?:(

Derek

suzublu 5th November 2010 15:21

Go on then.:)

derekosb 5th November 2010 15:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzublu (Post 611749)

Hi Ronnie,

Excellent my friend, just don't bring the rain this year eh!!:p:

I'll add you to the list in the 1st post.

Derek

suzublu 5th November 2010 20:36

Thanks Derek,always look forward to my excursions north.The pictures on the first thread,i will settle for,or i shall have you under trade descriptions!:D:D

pab 5th November 2010 23:03

The wife and I had a pot of tea and a scone in the cafe' not the cheapest at £7.00 a head..but there is a mcdonalds on site

allyandfi 6th November 2010 07:53

Sorry Derek , this season I am not available on Sundays, unless the weather is bad and Football is cancelled.

Hope the weather is kind, unless it can be bad in the east and hopefully fine in the west for your meet. I wont be able to come

Ally

derekosb 6th November 2010 08:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by allyandfi (Post 612141)
Sorry Derek , this season I am not available on Sundays, unless the weather is bad and Football is cancelled.

Hope the weather is kind, unless it can be bad in the east and hopefully fine in the west for your meet. I wont be able to come

Ally

Hi Ally,

Thanks for confirming. This falls under the old adage of "can't please everyone" I am afraid:o. I knew from your initial reply to my PM that sundays did not suit but the following Saturday venue I had checked out was proving unlikely to be suitable and members were keen to return to Loch Lomond.

So apologies this does not suit and as always,hope to catch you at the next one.

Derek

FredSpencer 6th November 2010 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzublu (Post 611749)

Hello? Are you there? I'm trying to make a secret plan but you're not answering my PM. ;)

Thomas 6th November 2010 21:24

I may make an appearance............

derekosb 6th November 2010 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredSpencer (Post 612542)
Hello? Are you there? I'm trying to make a secret plan but you're not answering my PM. ;)

Yes I did:D:D

Shhh...

D

derekosb 6th November 2010 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas1983 (Post 612720)
I may make an appearance............

Hi Thomas.

You appear to have been very quiet of late?? Hope you can make it. Should I add you as a possible?:}

Derek

Thomas 6th November 2010 21:29

Im always quiet! ahem............anyway hmmm yes I may try to convince the wife or I may come myself to get some peace! err yes add me as a possible :}

derekosb 6th November 2010 21:31

Tis done my friend. Hope you can make it,:D

Derek

FredSpencer 6th November 2010 21:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekosb (Post 612723)
Yes I did:D:D

Shhh...

D

Not you, him ... Suzi (funny name for a boy but live and let live), but he has since and I can report my plan is planning out well. ;)

derekosb 6th November 2010 21:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredSpencer (Post 612740)
Not you, him ... Suzi (funny name for a boy but live and let live), but he has since and I can report my plan is planning out well. ;)

Ah, now I understand. On with the plan.........:oops:

Brigus 6th November 2010 23:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredSpencer (Post 612740)
... Suzi (funny name for a boy but live and let live)

Well... at least someone else said it ;)

I'll be there. I look forward to seeing you guys again and perhaps meeting some new folk as well.

Cheers,

derekosb 7th November 2010 00:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brigus (Post 612811)
Well... at least someone else said it ;)

I'll be there. I look forward to seeing you guys again and perhaps meeting some new folk as well.

Cheers,

Excellent Scott. I'll add you to the list and look forward to seeing you again on the 21st.

Derek

lady zed 7th November 2010 13:58

You haven't put me as a possible, it hurts that you don't share my in my faith that this baby WILL be out this week ;)

FredSpencer 7th November 2010 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooterchick (Post 612992)
You haven't put me as a possible, it hurts that you don't share my in my faith that this baby WILL be out this week ;)

With the weather you have up there I wouldn't come out. :getmecoat:

J1MBO 7th November 2010 15:48

Derek not been north since the meet at Gretna put me down please - might well make a weekend of it.

Cheers
Jim

FLYER 7th November 2010 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by j1mbo (Post 613028)
derek not been north since the meet at gretna put me down please - might well make a weekend of it.

Cheers
jim

woohoo . yeehaw.

pab 7th November 2010 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by J1MBO (Post 613028)
Derek not been north since the meet at Gretna put me down please - might well make a weekend of it.

Cheers
Jim

would be good to see you and the car again jim,you say make a weekend of it,there are a few quality hotels at the bottom of the loch,maybe derek could advise you.

J1MBO 7th November 2010 16:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYER (Post 613030)
woohoo . yeehaw.

Cheers for that - be great to see you as well!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pab (Post 613032)
would be good to see you and the car again jim,you say make a weekend of it,there are a few quality hotels at the bottom of the loch,maybe derek could advise you.

Thanks Paul be nice to meet you again - thanks for the idea for a hotel near the Loch I had intended staying south of Glasgow.

Regards

Jim

Tim_Burgess 7th November 2010 17:22

We'll be there - probably miss out on the convoy and go straight to Lomond Shores.

WeeMan 7th November 2010 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekosb (Post 611738)
Hi Tommy,

Are you still away on the 21st and unable to make it?:(

Derek

Sorry going to visit my old Aunt in Manchester that weekend or would have come, Mrs Weeman was looking forward to it again! Hope it goes well and the weather is good for it.

pab 7th November 2010 20:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeeMan (Post 613242)
Sorry going to visit my old Aunt in Manchester that weekend or would have come, Mrs Weeman was looking forward to it again! Hope it goes well and the weather is good for it.

feel like you are avoiding me tommy ;)

derekosb 7th November 2010 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooterchick (Post 612992)

Properly scolded :o I have now added you to the possibles. Fingers crossed for you but I think you had a better chance of we had gone for the 28th............:getmecoat:

Quote:

Originally Posted by J1MBO (Post 613028)

Cheers
Jim

Excellent Jim, and apologies in advance for the extra cleaning you will have to do after to remove the drool marks from all the members:D:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim_Burgess (Post 613097)
We'll be there - probably miss out on the convoy and go straight to Lomond Shores.

Thanks for confirming Tim, I was pretty confident you would make it.:}

Quote:

Hi Tommy,

Cheers for confirming the situation and sorry you can't make it. Catch you at the next one hopefully??:}

Derek

Simondi 8th November 2010 07:00

I'll need to see you all there, I'd hope to be with yous around 2 ish

derekosb 8th November 2010 08:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simondi (Post 613549)
I'll need to see you all there, I'd hope to be with yous around 2 ish

Hi Simon,

No worries and at least that's an improvement on last year??!:D:D

Derek

Simondi 8th November 2010 08:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekosb (Post 613582)
Hi Simon,

No worries and at least that's an improvement on last year??!:D:D

Derek

Ha. Yes. Might get to see you guys in daylight hours. . . . . On second thoughts I may revert to last years times.
;-)

lady zed 8th November 2010 15:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekosb (Post 613326)
Properly scolded :o I have now added you to the possibles. Fingers crossed for you but I think you had a better chance of we had gone for the 28th............:getmecoat:

My Mum doesn't think I'll go this week either, she says I don't have that 'look' on my face.........................:confused:

pab 8th November 2010 17:54

Quote:

thanks for the pm tommy,hope to catch you soon.

J1MBO 8th November 2010 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekosb (Post 613326)
Excellent Jim, and apologies in advance for the extra cleaning you will have to do after to remove the drool marks from all the members:D:D

Derek

:D like it.

I was intending to come up on the Saturday and go back on Monday but forgot a family meal that is arranged for the Saturday night. So I'm now going to come up on the Sunday morning and return on the Monday - don't really fancy 500 miles in one day.

Cheers
Jim

FLYER 8th November 2010 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by J1MBO (Post 613905)
:D like it.

I was intending to come up on the Saturday and go back on Monday but forgot a family meal that is arranged for the Saturday night. So I'm now going to come up on the Sunday morning and return on the Monday - don't really fancy 500 miles in one day.

Cheers
Jim

nothing to a man of your calibre JIMBO ;)

tazman3 8th November 2010 19:51

will be good to see you again mate...

Martin

windrush 8th November 2010 19:56

Blimey Derek you are going to have your hands full with that lot

I can all ready see that you all will have a good time with plenty of laughs

Have a good meet

Departed 32016 8th November 2010 20:13

im going to try and get the sunday off. I'll get to show off my new egr bypass!

FLYER 8th November 2010 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by kieranswood (Post 613955)

new one ???? can i have your old one .:D

derekosb 8th November 2010 21:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by kieranswood (Post 613955)

Hi Kieran,

Excellent and I'll stick you down as a possible at the moment then and you can let us know once you have got the day off.

Derek

J1MBO 9th November 2010 08:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYER (Post 613927)
nothing to a man of your calibre JIMBO ;)

Yes I've done it before, think the most in one day was 770 miles, but the wallet starts getting upset if I buy so much fuel in one day - it has to have a rest lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tazman3 (Post 613928)
will be good to see you again mate...

Martin

You to mate.

Cheers
Jim

Yella Fella 9th November 2010 11:32

Looks like I'm back in the world of ZT's following selling my Trophy Blue ZT in January.

I pick up the Trophy Yella on Friday so I'll try and make it to Loch Lomond on 21st.

No doubt I'll find a reason to take it a run on the 21st!

He who was GL3NN, now Yella Fella

FLYER 9th November 2010 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yella Fella (Post 614224)
Looks like I'm back in the world of ZT's following selling my Trophy Blue ZT in January.

I pick up the Trophy Yella on Friday so I'll try and make it to Loch Lomond on 21st.

a change is as good as a rest so they say .:D

derekosb 9th November 2010 12:02

Quote:

Hi Glenn,

Glad you have taken the plunge and love the new username, spotted you had added your marker to the map:D.

Shall I put you as a possible at this stage or are you deffo?? Won't be able to miss you that's for sure:sunny::sunny::cool2:

Derek

Yella Fella 9th November 2010 13:36

Derek, Just a maybe at this point. I have nothing planned for the 21st but as soon as I mention it, the wife will say, "ah, I thought we could . . . "

IDEA! Maybe bring her and she could go into the shops! I'll let you know asap.

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/2739/yellowzt.jpg

tazman3 9th November 2010 14:39

Quote:

Good to see you back in the fold mate....i remember your Trophy blue ZT,

the one your buying isnt by chance a 1.8T facelift ZT with about 23,000 miles on the clock is it. i remember there is a guy in Greenock i think who was selling a lovely example..

Martin

lady zed 9th November 2010 15:51

Quote:

Glad to see you back in the fold! I took a trip to Renault once, lasted 4 months before I was back in a 75 :D

The shops are fab at Loch Lomond, your wife will get loads of Xmas shopping done. Hopefully see you there if I manage to give birth soon! :D

derekosb 9th November 2010 15:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by tazman3 (Post 614313)
Good to see you back in the fold mate....i remember your Trophy blue ZT,

the one your buying isnt by chance a 1.8T facelift ZT with about 23,000 miles on the clock is it. i remember there is a guy in Greenock i think who was selling a lovely example..

Martin

See this thread here Martin when Glenn asked about how common the colour was: http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...=Trophy+Yellow

Derek

tazman3 9th November 2010 16:32

Derek, yep thats the one...

Martin

derekosb 9th November 2010 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by tazman3 (Post 614371)
Derek, yep thats the one...

Martin

No real surprise there!:D:D

As per Glenn's original question in that thread there are not too many Trophy Yellow ZT's about. Looks in fantastic condition and look forward to seeing it on the 21st!

Glenn, as Scooterchick suggests, just say you are taking her shopping!:}

Derek

pab 9th November 2010 17:51

will definitely stand out in the photos..

welcome back glenn

FredSpencer 9th November 2010 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by pab (Post 614431)
will definitely stand out in the photos..

It'll need a helluva filter to tone it down a bit. ;)

pab 9th November 2010 19:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredSpencer (Post 614478)
It'll need a helluva filter to tone it down a bit. ;)

fred, with your skills behind a camera,i'm sure you will get some decent results

FredSpencer 9th November 2010 19:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by pab (Post 614500)
fred, with your skills behind a camera,i'm sure you will get some decent results

Let's hope it's not sunny then or you'll either get a yellow car with detail visible and black holes where darker cars are either side, or the detail in the dark cars and a bright, shiny blob in the middle. It could be a challenge. ;)

windrush 9th November 2010 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredSpencer (Post 614505)
Let's hope it's not sunny then or you'll either get a yellow car with detail visible and black holes where darker cars are either side, or the detail in the dark cars and a bright, shiny blob in the middle. It could be a challenge. ;)

And I am sure that you are up to it Fred

FredSpencer 9th November 2010 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by windrush (Post 614512)
And I am sure that you are up to it Fred

We'll see. I'll probably forget my camera now. :o

pab 9th November 2010 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredSpencer (Post 614505)

i'm kind of lost here..but i do get a general idea of what you mean;)

suzublu 9th November 2010 21:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredSpencer (Post 614518)
We'll see. I'll probably forget my camera now. :o

Shhhh! you,re giving away the plan. :shrug:

FredSpencer 9th November 2010 22:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzublu (Post 614667)
Shhhh! you,re giving away the plan. :shrug:

That was all part of the plan. ;)

suzublu 9th November 2010 22:16

But if you give away the plan,then the plan is compromised,& we have to formulate another plan to replace the plan,or they,ll know our plan?:getmecoat:

FLYER 9th November 2010 22:28

christ not ANOTHER plan , i,m getin dizzy .:D:D:D

suzublu 9th November 2010 22:31

That,s the plan! :cool:

suzublu 9th November 2010 22:31

How come your avatar keeps changing?:shrug:

FLYER 9th November 2010 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzublu (Post 614706)
How come your avatar keeps changing?:shrug:

who me ????? i always change it . stops it getting boring :D

Yella Fella 10th November 2010 08:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by tazman3 (Post 614313)

Martin

No, not from Greenock. The car originated in the Dundee area, then was sold by Arnold Clark Dundee to a nice chap in Kilmaurs near Kilmarnock. Hes had it for sale since August and SORNED since October. Its a 04 plate facelift model with 29K on the clock.

tazman3 10th November 2010 08:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yella Fella (Post 614782)
No, not from Greenock. The car originated in the Dundee area, then was sold by Arnold Clark Dundee to a nice chap in Kilmaurs near Kilmarnock. Hes had it for sale since August and SORNED since October. Its a 04 plate facelift model with 29K on the clock.

Yep thats the one i was thinking of....i spoke to the guy a couple of months ago when it came up i saw it on Gumtree...

dont know why i thought greenock..lol

Martin

barrienixon 11th November 2010 16:54

Can you add me to the list aswell please.

pab 11th November 2010 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrienixon (Post 615564)
Can you add me to the list aswell please.

is your location balloch,argyle and bute,if so your only over the road ;)

derek will add your name to the list,look forward to meeting you.

tazman3 11th November 2010 17:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by pab (Post 615595)
is your location balloch,argyle and bute,if so your only over the road ;)

derek will add your name to the list,look forward to meeting you.

Barrie was at last years meet Paul..

Martin

pab 11th November 2010 17:42

yes..i remember now,i spent a bit of time talking to him,sorry barrie i meet so many members and forget names very easily..must be an age thing..anyway :getmecoat:

AldoR 11th November 2010 18:17

Just to add glenn your looks stunning :}

tazman3 11th November 2010 18:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by AldoR (Post 615652)

And the car looks great too:getmecoat::getmecoat:

Martin

AldoR 11th November 2010 18:49

Nice one mate:)

pab 11th November 2010 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by AldoR (Post 615694)
Nice one mate:)

tazman seems to enjoy pulling us up tonite,could be in conjunction with alfa romeo ownership :shrug:

FredSpencer 11th November 2010 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by pab (Post 615782)
tazman seems to enjoy pulling us up tonite,could be in conjunction with alfa romeo ownership :shrug:

He needs to get 'em in now before he goes quiet because of all his forthcoming breadowns. ;)

pab 11th November 2010 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredSpencer (Post 615784)
He needs to get 'em in now before he goes quiet because of all his forthcoming breadowns. ;)

oh..and the electrical gremlins ;)

tazman3 11th November 2010 19:59

Oh come on guys we all now MG/Rovers.....Gremlins....lol

Paul any further on the bullet mirror....?

Martin

pab 11th November 2010 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by tazman3 (Post 615816)
Oh come on guys we all now MG/Rovers.....Gremlins....lol

Paul any further on the bullet mirror....?

Martin

i will pick up a n/s bullet tomorrow,first thing.
got a call from a yard today in bellshill with an early top spec ZT,will have to check that one out.

tazman3 11th November 2010 20:22

cheers mate your a star...

Martin

derekosb 11th November 2010 21:09

Hi Barrie,

Happy to add you mate and look forward to seeing you again this year.

I've also added MGStephen, another attendee from last year, as a possible whilst he checks if he is working or not.

Anymore for anymore guys (and gals)??

Derek

derekosb 12th November 2010 06:33

Hi there,

I had the car serviced yesterday (thanks Simondi for the recommendation) bu they were unable to re-set the service indicator.

Does anyone coming to the meet have a reset tool they could bring?? Would be much appreciated, thanks.

Derek

Simondi 12th November 2010 06:44

I hope the service went OK. I always worry when I recomend something:)

Yella Fella 12th November 2010 07:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by AldoR (Post 615652)

Thanks AldoR.

I pick it up tonight. :} Then I'll spend all day Saturday cleaning it, then polishing it, then waxing it then looking at it, them making a wish list LOL.

What do the MG7 lights look like? Any pics?

pab 12th November 2010 08:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekosb (Post 616054)
Hi there,

I had the car serviced yesterday (thanks Simondi for the recommendation) bu they were unable to re-set the service indicator.

Does anyone coming to the meet have a reset tool they could bring?? Would be much appreciated, thanks.

Derek

i usually have a reset tool at the meets,not a problem derek..

pab 12th November 2010 08:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yella Fella (Post 616081)
Thanks AldoR.

I pick it up tonight. :} Then I'll spend all day Saturday cleaning it, then polishing it, then waxing it then looking at it, them making a wish list LOL.

looking forward to seeing this car..what interior does it have?

aldo has the rear light clusters fitted to his car along with a host of other tasty mods..wonder if i can get a shot in it this time..

derekosb 12th November 2010 08:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simondi (Post 616058)
I hope the service went OK. I always worry when I recomend something:)

Hi Simon,

No worries, seemed pretty good although there is a bit of work still needed but their pricing is not too bad and they are fairly convenient for me. I need to book it back in soon for discs and pads. The brake pad sensor wire is worn and I need rear discs. They have quoted me £216 to supply rear discs and pads and a new sensor wire. Need a track rod end which thye have quoted £53 to supply & fit. Need tyres too but I'll check the price of a wheel package before I decide.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pab (Post 616094)

Excellent Paul, many thanks.:bowdown:

Derek

derekosb 12th November 2010 08:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yella Fella (Post 616081)
Thanks AldoR.

As Paul says, AldoR has them, so does Kieranswood so there should be 2 cars at the meet.

Aldo's

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...6/V8/021-3.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...6/V8/019-8.jpg

Kieran's

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/v...6082010093.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/v...6082010098.jpg

Original thread here: http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=66776

Derek

Tim_Burgess 12th November 2010 11:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekosb (Post 616054)
Hi there,

Derek

I'll have my reset tool with me, it lives in the glovebox.

Tim_Burgess 12th November 2010 11:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim_Burgess (Post 616195)

Just noticed pab's already offered DOH! That's what I get for responding before I've read to the end of the thread.:o

FLYER 12th November 2010 12:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by pab (Post 616094)

Would it work on a car that says minus 25,000 . Lol.

derekosb 12th November 2010 12:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim_Burgess (Post 616195)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim_Burgess (Post 616198)
Just noticed pab's already offered DOH! That's what I get for responding before I've read to the end of the thread.:o

Thanks for the offer Tim and hopefully one of you can manage to reset mine and FLYER's :D

Derek

derekosb 14th November 2010 08:04

Morning all,

With 1 week to go I thought I would give this a bump to see if there is anyone who has not seen it yet and fancies a meet at Loch Lomond.

Next Sunday. This is the current list from the 1st post. Please let me know if you are interested and I will add you to the list.

1. Tazman3
2. AldoR (and Alison)
3. pab
4. Simondi
5. Derekosb
6. FLYER (and Annemarie - Mrs Flyer)
7. Suzublu
8. Brigus
9. J1MBO
10. Tim_Burgess
11. Rotrex
12. barrienixon
13. Yella Fella (formerly GL3NN)
14. Thomas
15. Tammyboy

Possibles

a) Kieranswood
b) MGStephen

Doubtfuls (unless baby makes an early appearance)

Scooterchick

Hope to see you on the 21st.

Derek

Yella Fella 14th November 2010 14:41

Defo from Yella Fella. See you next week.

derekosb 14th November 2010 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yella Fella (Post 617344)
Defo from Yella Fella. See you next week.

Excellent Glenn and looking forward to seeing your car as well (shouldn't be hard:sunny:).

I'll update the list(s). Here's hoping we get a day like today!!

Derek

tazman3 14th November 2010 15:19

It was a lovely day here's hoping for the same next weekend

derekosb 14th November 2010 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by tazman3 (Post 617360)
It was a lovely day here's hoping for the same next weekend

Absolutely, just what I was thinking when Glenn confirmed earlier. Fingers crossed. As you are likely to still have the MG which car are you bringing Martin?

Derek

AldoR 14th November 2010 16:33

Derek do we have a list of names/cars that will be attending on sunday?
Aldo.

tazman3 14th November 2010 16:54

i will probably bring the Alfa, but i may bring the ZT also....not sure..if i can convince wife to come..lol

Martin

FLYER 14th November 2010 16:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekosb (Post 617346)
Excellent Glenn and looking forward to seeing your car as well (shouldn't be hard:sunny:).

I'll update the list(s). Here's hoping we get a day like today!!

Derek

no thanks , we awoke to 2 inches of snow today , ruddy coalburn lol

derekosb 14th November 2010 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by AldoR (Post 617448)
Derek do we have a list of names/cars that will be attending on sunday?
Aldo.

Hi Aldo,

The list on the 1st post has been kept updated:}

Derek

derekosb 14th November 2010 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by tazman3 (Post 617469)
i will probably bring the Alfa, but i may bring the ZT also....not sure..if i can convince wife to come..lol

Martin

Now that would be the best of both worlds!!:D

Thomas 14th November 2010 20:16

Ok after much discussion with the wife I shall be attending :D

tazman3 14th November 2010 20:21

Yep Derek certainly is....

Good to hear Thomas....

Martin

tazman3 14th November 2010 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekosb (Post 617515)
Hi Aldo,

The list on the 1st post has been kept updated:}

Derek

Derek

I think Aldo was refering to who has what car....

Martin

derekosb 14th November 2010 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas (Post 617640)
Ok after much discussion with the wife I shall be attending :D

Excellent Thomas and I will update the list shortly. Oh and I meant to ask when (and more importantly why I suppose) did you change your name to drop the 1983?? Just curious (okay, nosey b.....)

Okay, I just noticed you have added yourself!! Advantage of being a mod.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tazman3 (Post 617647)
Yep Derek certainly is....

Good to hear Thomas....

Martin

:D:D:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by tazman3 (Post 617648)
Derek

I think Aldo was refering to who has what car....

Martin

Ah, I see. I do usually mark up members cars and colours and have not done that yet! Sorry...:getmecoat:

I'll try and get that done soon as well.:o

Thanks Martin.

Derek

Thomas 14th November 2010 20:40

[QUOTE=derekosb;617662]Excellent Thomas and I will update the list shortly. Oh and I meant to ask when (and more importantly why I suppose) did you change your name to drop the 1983?? Just curious (okay, nosey b.....)

I er altered your list.................LOl anyway yes I dropped the 1983........really hated that part but it was all that was available at the time! (or all that i could think of lol):getmecoat:

tazman3 14th November 2010 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekosb (Post 617662)

Ah, I see. I do usually mark up members cars and colours and have not done that yet! Sorry...:getmecoat:

I'll try and get that done soon as well.:o

Thanks Martin.

Derek

Sorry Derek didnt mean that as it may have sounded....

:bowdown:

Martin

derekosb 15th November 2010 12:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by tazman3 (Post 617696)
Sorry Derek didnt mean that as it may have sounded....

:bowdown:

Martin

No worries, my wife always tells me I need a little nudge (well actually kick) to get things done.

Thinking about a convoy now as there are only 6 days to go.

Who is up for the Asda Dumbarton car park again?

Derek

FLYER 15th November 2010 13:17

me !! Me !!? ME !!!l lol.

tazman3 15th November 2010 15:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekosb (Post 617915)

No worries, my wife always tells me I need a little nudge (well actually kick) to get things done.

Derek

Sounds good to me mate...

Martin

derekosb 15th November 2010 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYER (Post 617935)
me !! Me !!? ME !!!l lol.

George,

I see you have now moved to Glasgow. Big City so what part of the town are you in now to work out where best to catch up with you?

Derek

FLYER 15th November 2010 17:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekosb (Post 618047)
George,

I see you have now moved to Glasgow. Big City so what part of the town are you in now to work out where best to catch up with you?

Derek

Ah now there lies a tale , i live in the marital home in glesga [lol] through the week and we live at my country pile [lol] at the weekend , so we will leave COALBURN sunday morning to head through GLASGOW .
am i confusing you cos i,m sure as hell confusing myself .:D:D:D

derekosb 15th November 2010 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYER (Post 618064)
Ah now there lies a tale , i live in the marital home in glesga [lol] through the week and we live at my country pile [lol] at the weekend , so we will leave COALBURN sunday morning to head through GLASGOW .
am i confusing you cos i,m sure as hell confusing myself .:D:D:D

Right, so you are coming up the same as last year from Coalburn.

in which case, if MGStephen confirms we may be able to get you a convoy with Suzublu and J1MBO coming up from England and picking up MGStephen en-route.

Who's up for it?

Derek

Tim_Burgess 15th November 2010 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekosb (Post 617915)

Derek

We'll meet you at Lomond Shores. Are we parking in the same place?

derekosb 15th November 2010 20:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim_Burgess (Post 618245)
We'll meet you at Lomond Shores. Are we parking in the same place?

Hi Tim,

I noticed you said that in your first post so will see you there.

Yes, I have spoken with Clare at Lomond Shores who has again offered us the overflow car park, so same place (assuming you can remember where??:p:)

Looking forward to seeing you again on Sunday.

Derek

Tim_Burgess 15th November 2010 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekosb (Post 618256)
Hi Tim,

I noticed you said that in your first post so will see you there.

Yes, I have spoken with Clare at Lomond Shores who has again offered us the overflow car park, so same place (assuming you can remember where??:p:)

Looking forward to seeing you again on Sunday.

Derek

Must be my age:D

pab 15th November 2010 20:41

the asda at dumbarton is fine with me derek..

if i remember correctly leading the convoy was tazman 3,why i mention this was we passed through an industrial estate,probably the quickest and shortest route.any chance of a more scenic route this time?

oh and martin i'm not complaining about your choice of logistics ;)

tazman3 15th November 2010 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by pab (Post 618278)

if i remember correctly leading the convoy was tazman 3,why i mention this was we passed through an industrial estate,probably the quickest and shortest route.any chance of a more scenic route this time?

There wasnt an industrial estate paul! Must have been a different meet, there is only one way from the asda to balloch along the A82.

Unless we could always go the Helensburgh route then over the back through to balloch however there is some traffic lights in cardross at the moment.

FLYER 15th November 2010 22:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by pab (Post 618278)

aint you thinking of the hillington industrial estate PAB , when we parked up in a burgerking.:shrug::}

J1MBO 15th November 2010 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekosb (Post 618068)

in which case, if MGStephen confirms we may be able to get you a convoy with Suzublu and J1MBO coming up from England and picking up MGStephen en-route.

Who's up for it?

Derek

Sounds good to me Derek if it can be organised - like convoys, was part of one yesterday from Walsall to Bruntingthorpe ended up in excess of 30 cars a good number of them being V8's.

Cheers
Jim

derekosb 16th November 2010 06:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYER (Post 618475)
aint you thinking of the hillington industrial estate PAB , when we parked up in a burgerking.:shrug::}

Hi George,

Naw, pab did not meet us at the Burger King as he is North of the river and met us at the Dumbarton Asda.

Myself, Scooterchick, Weeman and peg99 met you and 2Diesels, GRAHAM1961 and Suzublu at the Burger King before heading over the Erskine Bridge to Dumbarton.

Quote:

Originally Posted by J1MBO (Post 618480)
Sounds good to me Derek if it can be organised - like convoys, was part of one yesterday from Walsall to Bruntingthorpe ended up in excess of 30 cars a good number of them being V8's.

Cheers
Jim

Hi Jim,

What time and route are you coming North?

Derek

J1MBO 16th November 2010 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekosb (Post 618564)

Hi Jim,

What time and route are you coming North?

Derek

Hi Derek

Intended to leave at about 0700, as I've got a family meal on the Saturday night, would have thought that would give me enough time to arrive circa 1300 after a couple of stops for food and watering - me and the car lol.

As to route that'd be down to a BMW mk4 - but would have thought M6, A74M, M74, M8 over Glasgow, M898, Erskine bridge, A82 and up to Loch Lomond, it's years since I've been in that area so any advice is welcomed.

Regards
Jim

lady zed 16th November 2010 12:55

I think Pab's thinking of the snowdrops, I seem to remember tazman and myself getting left behind at an industrial estate iirc.

Anyway, I don't think I'll make it on Sun :( baby Johnston is rather comfortable and doesn't appear to be in any hurry to join the big bad world, and who can blame him! Told him this morning I'm fed up carting him around and would much rather be pushing him now, but I don't think he was listening.

Have a great one :D

francoh20 16th November 2010 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekosb (Post 617207)
Morning all,

With 1 week to go I thought I would give this a bump to see if there is anyone who has not seen it yet and fancies a meet at Loch Lomond.

Next Sunday. This is the current list from the 1st post. Please let me know if you are interested and I will add you to the list.

1. Tazman3
2. AldoR (and Alison)
3. pab
4. Simondi
5. Derekosb
6. FLYER (and Annemarie - Mrs Flyer)
7. Suzublu
8. Brigus
9. J1MBO
10. Tim_Burgess
11. Rotrex
12. barrienixon
13. Yella Fella (formerly GL3NN)
14. Thomas

Possibles

a) Scooterchick
b) Kieranswood
c) MGStephen

Hope to see you on the 21st.

Derek

hi derek just got your msg. i wont be able to attend this meet.H20 FRA has been locked away since our last meet and has no tax on it. hopefully youz will get a good dry on sunday i ll be wishing i was there. hope to see you all soon and hopefully my car will have a new up grade,d front bumper and other mods. enjoy sunday. franco.

rotrex 16th November 2010 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekosb (Post 618068)

Who's up for it?

Derek

in that case I could probs meet up with the gang on 74 somewhere ???

derekosb 16th November 2010 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by rotrex (Post 619057)
in that case I could probs meet up with the gang on 74 somewhere ???

I was having a look at everyone's location to plan a convoy and was stumped as I don't know your location.:confused:

Last time FLYER met the guys coming north at Happendon and then Hillington. Are you North or South of Happendon?:}

Derek

tazman3 16th November 2010 21:25

IIRC its Shotts....

Martin

rotrex 17th November 2010 01:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekosb (Post 619070)
I was having a look at everyone's location to plan a convoy and was stumped as I don't know your location.:confused:

Last time FLYER met the guys coming north at Happendon and then Hillington. Are you North or South of Happendon?:}

Derek

hi Deric.
as martin said mate, shotts.
I could probably be sat at say larkhall. and be in phone contact with flyer and join the motorway just as they pass then join tail end of convoy.:D

Tam 17th November 2010 06:22

Hi Derek i'm still huffing as l.lomond is the furthest of the 3 options from me :D:D ;) but i have got the green light from SWMBO so as long as the weather is fine me and Lewis will be there just have to be back home sharpish as it's school the next day so hope the fireworks are not delayed cheers Tam.

tazman3 17th November 2010 09:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by tammyboy (Post 619257)
Hi Derek i'm still huffing as l.lomond is the furthest of the 3 options from me :D:D ;) but i have got the green light from SWMBO so as long as the weather is fine me and Lewis will be there just have to be back home sharpish as it's school the next day so hope the fireworks are not delayed cheers Tam.

IIRC the Fireworks were about 5:30 last year they were delayed by about half hour but that was due to the bad rain we had that day...

Martin

FLYER 17th November 2010 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by tazman3 (Post 619083)
IIRC its Shotts....

Martin

HMP shotts .

He has a weekend pass, his jail nickname is CRUSHER.
I am so dead for this . Lol.

tazman3 17th November 2010 09:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYER (Post 619330)
HMP shotts .

He has a weekend pass, his jail nickname is CRUSHER.
I am so dead for this . Lol.

Lol

Martin

AldoR 17th November 2010 09:53

If anyone wants to meet at asda dumbarton i can be there around 1230pm:}

tazman3 17th November 2010 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by AldoR (Post 619336)

I think derek is sorting out some convoys Aldo...

Martin

J1MBO 17th November 2010 11:26

Derek

If we get some convoys sorted out I'll be tail end charlie on one of them with my camcorder if you want - worked well last Sunday at Bruntingthorpe

Cheers
Jim

FLYER 17th November 2010 11:44

what was that noise in the background jimbo, was it jean driving your petrol tanker . Lol.

J1MBO 17th November 2010 12:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYER (Post 619368)
what was that noise in the background jimbo, was it jean driving your petrol tanker . Lol.

Ho Ho Ho - actually managed to do the 254 miles for the round trip plus parade lap and fast run on a tankful! Mind you I'll need two tankfulls for this Sunday.

Cheers
Jim

derekosb 17th November 2010 12:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by tazman3 (Post 619083)
IIRC its Shotts....

Martin

That rang a bell, but his position marker on the map is nowhere near Shotts so was not 100% sure:confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rotrex (Post 619229)
hi Deric.
as martin said mate, shotts.
I could probably be sat at say larkhall. and be in phone contact with flyer and join the motorway just as they pass then join tail end of convoy.:D

Hi, thanks for confirming and sounds like a good idea. Were you thinking of the slip road at the A72 and waiting for a signal from Flyer to join?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tammyboy (Post 619257)

Hi Tam, glad you can make it and sorry it was the farthest but it proved the most popular choice. As Martin said the fireworks were delayed last year due to the rain. I am told they are scheduled for 4:30/5:00 so hopefully you can catch them. I'll update my list and hopefullt see you on Sunday.

I assume you will not be part of the convoys?

Quote:

Originally Posted by AldoR (Post 619336)

Hi Aldo,

12:30 was the plan for Asda Dumbarton so that would be fine. Pab has already confirmed he will meet us there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tazman3 (Post 619338)
I think derek is sorting out some convoys Aldo...

Martin

Hi Martin,

Is 12:30 at Asda okay for you too mate?

Quote:

Originally Posted by J1MBO (Post 619358)
Derek

If we get some convoys sorted out I'll be tail end charlie on one of them with my camcorder if you want - worked well last Sunday at Bruntingthorpe

Cheers
Jim

Sounds good Jim.

I think you would need to be aiming for Happendon Services for 11:00 to meet up with Flyer, collecting Rotrex en-route at Larkhall.

I would hope we can get suzublu (Ronnie) to meet you somewhere before that for the run up the M74 to Happendon. Ronnie, are you up for that?

I'll post a seperate summary for the convoy shortly.

15 cars so far with a couple of possible additions. Any more for any more?:}

Derek

derekosb 17th November 2010 13:10

Convoy

Hi guys,

As you can see from earlier posts I have been setting up a few small convoys.

Northbound

J1MBO and Suzublu are coming up from England via the M74. I am hoping they will be able to meet up with Flyer at Happendon Services at 11:00 and then pick up Rotrex as they pass Larkhall about 11:15.

From there you will join the M8, head across the Erskine Bridge to rendezvous with the West Convoy for 12:30

West

Myself, pab, AldoR and hopefully Tazman3 will meet at the Asda car park on the main road through Dumbarton at about 12:30. To be joined by J1MBO, suzublu, Flyer and Rotrex before heading up to Lomond Shores.

For those not mentioned, what do you all want to do?

Simondi - I know you are coming slightly later.:p:
Tim_Burgess - Going direct.:cool:
Barrienixon - I assume as you are so close to the venue you will see us there but you can let me know if you want to meet before.:cool:

Yella Fella: Not sure where you are coming from Glenn so let me know if you can join us and if so where?:}

Thomas: What about yourself?:}
Brigus and Tammyboy, as you 2 are coming south let me know what, if anything you are planning?

Thanks everyone.

Derek

Tam 17th November 2010 15:07

Hi Derek no worries i no its a good venue and popular thats not allways easy to find so understandable that people want to return. Scott is travelling down from Aberdeen on the sat. so will be on my own i guess. Think my route is down to Stirling then cut across if it fits in with anyone cheers Tam.

tazman3 17th November 2010 16:45

Derek 12:30 is fine for me....

I will come in the ZT if its around but hoping to get the wife to bring the Alfa also.

Martin

pab 17th November 2010 16:50

one more meet for the green machine would be good martin..

12.30 at the asda in dumbarton suits me too.

FLYER 17th November 2010 17:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by tazman3 (Post 619530)

I will come in the ZT if its around but hoping to get the wife to bring the Alfa also.

Martin

thats a must , we have to see this alfa . (a diesel) yeehaw.
Flyer grins !!!!!!!

derekosb 17th November 2010 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by tazman3 (Post 619530)

Martin

Okay Martin thanks for confirming and let's hope you can bring both as I woudll love to see the Alfa as well:drool4:

Quote:

Originally Posted by pab (Post 619534)
one more meet for the green machine would be good martin..

12.30 at the asda in dumbarton suits me too.

Thanks Paul, see you there.

Derek