The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Regional Events Forum: London & The South (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   London & the South of England Region (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=71315)

stevemac 25th October 2010 23:30

London & the South of England Region

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...s/Graphic1.jpg

This section of the forum is for news, reviews and notices of meets in London and the counties of Berkshire, Dorset, Hampshire, Surrey, West Sussex and the Isle of Wight.
Our normal base is at the Frog & Wicket Pub in Eversley Cross, Hampshire, where we hold a meet every 3 months or so.

Club merchandise is for sale at these events.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...mg-zt-meet.jpg
Photo by Mark Simpson

We are also looking to hold meets throughout the region, so if you have any ideas regarding venue's or you would like to organise a meet yourself and need some help, please feel free to contact me via Private Messaging (PM).

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...s/P1130941.jpg

windrush 27th October 2010 10:12

Hi Steve Can I start the list off of what I think what might be good venues for a meet and then other member can put their ideas forward

The Tank museum, Brooklands, Brands Hatch Goodwood.

And one suggested by NCFC1950 (Ian) Sammy Miller Museum

EnEnGee 27th October 2010 10:27

A friend of mine visited the Brooklands museum earlier this year and regarded it as a good day out. The Concorde displays were particularly worht seeing. Handy for the M3 and M25 roads too. The Cobham Bus Museum are in the progress of moving their operations to the Brooklands site, so that would be an added attraction for those who like their vehicles large and red!

My friend also told me there is a nearby "World of Mercedes" collection that could be visited the same day.

Worth a look I would say.

stevemac 27th October 2010 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnEnGee (Post 607439)
A friend of mine visited the Brooklands museum earlier this year and regarded it as a good day out. The Concorde displays were particularly worht seeing. Handy for the M3 and M25 roads too. The Cobham Bus Museum are in the progress of moving their operations to the Brooklands site, so that would be an added attraction for those who like their vehicles large and red!

My friend also told me there is a nearby "World of Mercedes" collection that could be visited the same day.

Worth a look I would say.

Unfortunatly Brooklands is not viable for a National meet due to the size of the carpark and the management there is not open to much of a discount for members. Might be worth looking at for a small local meet tho' but would be a bit pricey I fear.
Thanks for all the sugestions and keep them coming. Keep me busy over the winter ;)

Allegroboi 29th October 2010 17:10

Hi Steve,

I know that Brooklands are tight on their discounts but the site is big enough for a national event as I have been to many there and they can easily accommodate 300-400 cars, but it would need a lot of planning and of course a fixed date.

It is a very interesting place. :}

stevemac 30th October 2010 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allegroboi (Post 608374)
Hi Steve,

I know that Brooklands are tight on their discounts but the site is big enough for a national event as I have been to many there and they can easily accommodate 300-400 cars, but it would need a lot of planning and of course a fixed date.

It is a very interesting place. :}

This has been investigated Ian and I am told the following, Parking for cars will be 25 in the main Paddock, 50 in the outer paddock & along the fencline, 60 in the Staff car park which is adjacent to the main clubhouse, so we would be split up. I don't think we really want to be split up over the site but that appears to be what they are offering. I enjoyed Brooklands when I went a couple of years ago and I will follow up on a Regional meet there; ie bigger than a local but not as big as a National :D

Allegroboi 30th October 2010 12:35

Get your point Steve, thanks for the response

ian

djw40 30th October 2010 13:13

Brooklands is somewhere I've always wanted to visit and I would certainly pop along should it be used for a meet albeit a smaller one.

Meanwhile I'll try and get the old grey matter working and think of a venue or two that might be suitable....

stevemac 30th October 2010 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by djw40 (Post 608693)
Brooklands is somewhere I've always wanted to visit and I would certainly pop along should it be used for a meet albeit a smaller one.

Maenwhile I'll try and get the old grey matter working and think of a venue or two that might be suitable....

A meet by the sea would be nice :D

Ian G 30th October 2010 16:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevemac (Post 608758)
A meet by the sea would be nice :D

You are most welcome visit us at Weymouth Steve. I'm sure Ray & myself would be happy to help sort a venue for a meet.
Ian

windrush 30th October 2010 17:23

I go down to Weymouth each year for the veterans parade along the sea front and what a day that is

djw40 31st October 2010 07:45

How about here just outside Lewes?

Note sure about discounts etc but I know other clubs have used it.......

http://www.bentley.org.uk/#/welcome/4525140631

Ray squires 31st October 2010 12:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by ncfc1950 (Post 608764)
You are most welcome visit us at Weymouth Steve. I'm sure Ray & myself would be happy to help sort a venue for a meet.
Ian

I would gladly offer my time to assist in sorting a venue along with Ian.

Ray

stevemac 31st October 2010 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by djw40 (Post 609043)
How about here just outside Lewes?

Note sure about discounts etc but I know other clubs have used it.......

http://www.bentley.org.uk/#/welcome/4525140631

That looks good. I'll drop them a line. Cheers

stevemac 31st October 2010 17:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray squires (Post 609142)
I would gladly offer my time to assist in sorting a venue along with Ian.

Ray

The more ideas the better, have to beat those yorkies ;)

actros 31st October 2010 17:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevemac (Post 609284)
The more ideas the better, have to beat those yorkies ;)

You have got no chance Steve you are up agains the pro's.:D:D:D

djw40 2nd November 2010 06:06

I've had a couple of hols in Weymouth. Love it there and would definitely do my best to attend any meets you guys organised :D

thomas 75 connie 2nd November 2010 12:31

I would say somewhere over here (isle of Wight) but the cost would be pointless so somewhere just on the coast what about Brighton?

EnEnGee 19th November 2010 13:50

Be nice to see a line up of 75s and ZTs on Madeira Drive! I go down to Brighton each May with my friend and his Mini, on their annual London to Brighton run, and if the weather is good, it is a great day out.

djw40 19th November 2010 14:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnEnGee (Post 620710)
Be nice to see a line up of 75s and ZTs on Madeira Drive! I go down to Brighton each May with my friend and his Mini, on their annual London to Brighton run, and if the weather is good, it is a great day out.

Cracking idea :bowdown: (sorry Thomas your idea first!!!)

windrush 19th November 2010 16:05

I would support that

Allegroboi 19th November 2010 17:40

Good idea but a mega expensive one, if you wanted all the cars together then you have to apply to hire the area to stop joe public parking, but you have to pay for the barriers etc and the rental is high because you are making up for lost revenue from parking lost to the event.

Sorry to jump on that, but was involved in organising the Morris Minor London to Brighton, quite a few years ago, but prices were expensive then.

Good idea but to make it pay it would have to be a national event, where by those wishing to attend would have to book and pay up in advance.

Ian

Ian G 20th November 2010 12:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allegroboi (Post 620847)
Good idea but a mega expensive one, if you wanted all the cars together then you have to apply to hire the area to stop joe public parking, but you have to pay for the barriers etc and the rental is high because you are making up for lost revenue from parking lost to the event.

Sorry to jump on that, but was involved in organising the Morris Minor London to Brighton, quite a few years ago, but prices were expensive then.

Good idea but to make it pay it would have to be a national event, where by those wishing to attend would have to book and pay up in advance.

Ian

Point taken but I think we are talking about a dozen or so cars meeting up somewhere for a bit of lunch and a chat so can't see us wanting to park on the prom
Cheers

Allegroboi 23rd November 2010 19:27

Much better idea :}

kvnturner 9th January 2011 17:21

Hi,
I am a newbie and just wondered when the next southern meet is and where?

Absolutely no idea what my membership number is and will pay my tenner when I can work out the paypal thing

AURORA MG 9th January 2011 17:58

Just stumbled on this thread. Is Kent not in the South East?

kvnturner 10th January 2011 06:57

Hi Aurora
Yes it is, I was wondering when and where in the south east.

stevemac 10th January 2011 11:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aurora ZT-T (Post 648221)

Yes, at the moment Kent is in the SE, which doesn't have a Regional Secretary as yet. Do you want to volunteer?

stevemac 10th January 2011 11:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by kvnturner (Post 648187)
Hi,
I am a newbie and just wondered when the next southern meet is and where?

Absolutely no idea what my membership number is and will pay my tenner when I can work out the paypal thing

Hi Kevin, Welcome to the club. The meets for the London and South area are all in the planning stage at the moment. One is being planned for the south coast in May. I am also trying to get a meet organised at Brooklands, but no luck so far. Our main meeting place is the Frog & Wicket in Eversley Cross in Hampshire. I am currently waiting on a date from them that does not clash with other meets. If you have any ideas for meets please let me know. You can bring your bagpipes :D

niallb 10th January 2011 19:39

Awesome, Eversley is just down the road from me so let me know when you guys are meeting there and I'm in.
A nice cruise down to Brighton sounds like a great idea too.
Either way I'm up for it. :)

Villa Villan 17th January 2011 18:21

Every June there is a Vintage Transport Fair at Buckingham Park in Shoreham-by-Sea and there would be plenty of space to park as the park is huge, I am sure the organisers would welcome the club at this event. http://www.adureastlions.org.uk/events/donkeyderby.html

Cheers
Tony

stevemac 17th January 2011 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villa Villan (Post 653024)
Every June there is a Vintage Transport Fair at Buckingham Park in Shoreham-by-Sea and there would be plenty of space to park as the park is huge, I am sure the organisers would welcome the club at this event. http://www.adureastlions.org.uk/events/donkeyderby.html

Cheers
Tony

I will contact them to ask about an en masse meeting. All their published documentation is for individual vehicles.

kvnturner 17th January 2011 21:17

and even I know where that is, the kids at school are always on about what they get up to at Buckingham park,,lol
Count me in

man of kent 17th January 2011 21:52

Another suggestion for meets in the SE.

Bodiam castle. Lots of space, nice grounds and castle and cafe/restauarant. Some other clubs go there. Also steam trains to Tenterden. Must be one of the most beautiful castles and settings in the UK. Their tel no. 0580 830196

Villa Villan 17th January 2011 23:27

Bodiam Castle http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main...pid=VM0710WGT1

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&...ed=0CCwQnwIwAQ
Cheers
Tony

Villa Villan 17th January 2011 23:33

Buckingham Park in Shoreham-by-Sea http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&...ed=0CBcQ8gEwAA

Cheers
Tony

Villa Villan 18th January 2011 00:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevemac (Post 653215)
I will contact them to ask about an en masse meeting. All their published documentation is for individual vehicles.

I'm sure a nice slab of butter on their bit of toast that will be spreading the event on here and also the awareness that alongside the MG Rover cars that are known to many as old and gone that are usually on display are still alive and well and wearing that all important badge. It would be great if we could pull this one off as our cars are classic ones after all and if we can get into the enclosure and not behind that would be a great thing...I will look for an old post of mine as one year it got rained off and I was parked up next to an old Rover that could not get on the field and people were coming in and walking around this chaps car and my 75 and commented on both, needless to say I was well chuffed and as I said we were only in the parking area.

Cheers
Tony

Ragman 18th January 2011 00:23

Shoreham's just down the road - coud bring the V8 along for some noise

Villa Villan 18th January 2011 00:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragman (Post 653580)
Shoreham's just down the road - coud bring the V8 along for some noise

And then you can take me for a ride through the tunnel, as promised a while back...Not what you think chaps :D...A V8 thunder underground for a 1/4 of a mile.

Cheers
Tony

Boot Hill Bandit 22nd January 2011 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aurora ZT-T (Post 648221)

I miss our meets we used to have Andy. Always a good turn out and plenty of chatting and drinking :D happy days! Shame you don't do them for us on here. Have to get rid of that Freelander first though lol ;)

debbiefudge 16th February 2011 11:43

Hi, is there any news on a meet in Shoreham or Brighton???

We are close to both, so would be brill!!

Got to fix the car first, of course!!

Regards, Debbie.

man of kent 16th February 2011 21:38

Any news on any of the suggested venues?

stevemac 17th February 2011 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by man of kent (Post 674351)
Any news on any of the suggested venues?

We have a meet in April in Eversley and a meet in May on Portland Bill. Brooklands will do a breakfast meet for us but would start at 8:30 in the morning. probably a bit early for most, but I am still looking at this. Although out of my area, I am also trying to get hold of Rob to sort a meet at the Wagoner and Horses.
Please feel free to organise a meet local to you.

kvnturner 22nd February 2011 08:44

A meet in Worthing?

Hi all. I popped into a place yesterday (Highdown Vinyard), ts in Ferring near to Worthing. They have a rather push looking ta room which will take about 40 people. It seems tat one of the Jag clubs and Mini clubs meet there. It is jusy off the A259 between Little hanpton and Worthing.
If anyone is intersted I can book it. No charge for meetng there but supect a few coffee's and cake should be consumed.
What do you all think?

windrush 22nd February 2011 09:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by kvnturner (Post 678290)
Hi all. I popped into a place yesterday (Highdown Vinyard), ts in Ferring near to Worthing. They have a rather push looking ta room which will take about 40 people. It seems tat one of the Jag clubs and Mini clubs meet there. It is jusy off the A259 between Little hanpton and Worthing.
If anyone is intersted I can book it. No charge for meetng there but supect a few coffee's and cake should be consumed.
What do you all think?

I expect that Steve will be along shortly and make a note of the venue thanks Kev

PS Will we see you at Eversley The Frog and Wicket in April which is a very good local meet

Villa Villan 23rd February 2011 21:38

Quote:

What do you all think?

I would be up for that Kevin.

http://www.visitsoutheastengland.com...aurant-p157931

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&...ed=0CCIQnwIwAQ

Cheers
Tony

Ragman 23rd February 2011 22:42

Ok for me - date dependant

Villa Villan 26th February 2011 22:56

I will have a look into the Buckingham Park jobbie myself now for us who are wanting a meet around here. Hey, maybe a showcase for our classics alongside the others that are shown on the day...Also Kevin's venue that would be great before June, Ding Dong.

Cheers
Tony

stevemac 27th February 2011 09:07

Quote:

What do you all think?

PM sent Kev.

ukmastiff 2nd May 2011 15:00

Does nothing happen in Herts/Cambs/Essex 75 wise ?

Regards Mas

Oli_BN1 2nd May 2011 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by debbiefudge (Post 673806)
Hi, is there any news on a meet in Shoreham or Brighton???

We are close to both, so would be brill!!

Got to fix the car first, of course!!

Regards, Debbie.

I hope so! I'm in Portslade also!

Spitfire 2nd May 2011 20:11

Hi, What About The Uxbridge Autoshow In July?
A Well Attended Event by A Lot Of Clubs:}:)

Yeti 14th August 2011 08:42

The Fairmile in Cobham is used by a lot of car clubs for their regional meets, it's a good pub, food excellent every time i've been there. Also does rooms in it's adjoining hotel (:shrug:for better word) if need a stop over.

John Howard 6th October 2011 16:03

A lot of money

My MOT was due at the end of September so had the Dream Machine fully serviced, MOT`ed, new belts fitted,new Plugs fitted,new Pollen Filter, all at the grand cost of £1,134.00 and the old dear would only make £1,900 if I was to put it on the market. That`s dedication - it is now running like a dream, funny it was running like a dream before I had it all done. never mind I feel better knowing it has been done.

Heathrowsteve 17th February 2012 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by djw40 (Post 608693)

Meanwhile I'll try and get the old grey matter working and think of a venue or two that might be suitable....

I'd be up for a Brooklands meet. Great venue if it can be arranged :drool4:

Villa Villan 2nd April 2012 00:17

Hi Steve, early days I know but do you have a date for the Wings Museum meet this year as I need to book it off if it falls on a weekend that I am working?... I enjoyed meeting you guys last year.

Cheers
Tony

stevemac 2nd April 2012 06:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villa Villan (Post 965824)
Hi Steve, early days I know but do you have a date for the Wings Museum meet this year as I need to book it off if it falls on a weekend that I am working?... I enjoyed meeting you guys last year.

Cheers
Tony

Hi Tony, apparently they change the venue each year. The meet is at Weald & Downland Open Air Museum.
South East Rover Rally 24th June. Hope you can make it.

windrush 2nd April 2012 08:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevemac (Post 965866)
Hi Tony, apparently they change the venue each year. The meet is at Weald & Downland Open Air Museum.

Sorry Steve looks like I am going to miss this
event once again This is the weekend that I will
be down at Weymouth for the Veterans week and
parade celebrations

Villa Villan 6th April 2012 09:37

Thanks Steve, yes we will be there SWMBO and all.

Cheers
Tony

testdasi 8th April 2012 16:58

Hi Guys. I just joined this forum recently and based in London. Just wondering when the next meet is.

Villa Villan 8th April 2012 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by testdasi (Post 971416)
Hi Guys. I just joined this forum recently and based in London. Just wondering when the next meet is.

Hi fella and welcome, why not drop Steve a pm also look out for mini meets.

Cheers
Tony

Villa Villan 8th April 2012 20:57

Also found this http://www.jointroverclubs.org.uk/events/

Cheers
Tony

James.uk 9th April 2012 01:07

Bovington tank musem.. And Monkey world is nearby, though some of you might have trouble getting out of there.. heh heh... :D:D:D

Hayling Island is nice too... :} .. You could even have a night time meet and dance round the stones at Stonhenge.. :D:D

Rev Jules 10th April 2012 17:50

meets

Does anybody know if there are any meets on the Isle Of Wight. last week in July.

Julien

Dyfsdoves 16th April 2012 20:42

MG ZT for sale in wembley

Hi all,
I'm looking to buy a MG ZT, I have seen one for sale in wembley, London as I am from north Wales I was wondering if anybody passes through wembley on a regular basis and could have a look at it for me?
Don't worry if nobody lives near by I'll look at cars closer either a zt or zs.

Thanks

Dyfed

FLYING BANANA 18th April 2012 07:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevemac (Post 965866)

Steve, how do we go about putting our name down for this event.

stevemac 18th April 2012 08:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 980275)
Steve, how do we go about putting our name down for this event.

Not had the details yet Bob. As last year, there will be a requirement to prebook and pay. I will publish the entry form as soon as they let me know.

John Howard 18th April 2012 14:57

meet

I or we even will love to attend the meeting on 24th June I will put this date on my calender.

Ian G 20th April 2012 17:56

Me as well please sir !!!!

Gushysfella 9th July 2012 19:14

This looks like the best place to say hi so HI! Newbie from the isle of wight! Fantastic forum been a zt owner for 11 trouble free years then had a few problems over the last few days and can't get over the help I got from members here. So many thanks you know who you are! Any meets I'd love to join in always nice to put a face to the name!! Lee. :D

zelger 20th August 2012 13:18

Just joined and would like to know when / where the next local meeting will be (I am 15 minutes drive from the Frog & Wicket, so that would be very local for me!).

Darkxs 19th March 2014 12:46

Just wondering if London and The South would be planning a pre POL meeting? It could be a tinkering, pampering fix it up it type of gathering and to discuss the convoy planning? :)

harrisop48 1st April 2014 12:59

Pre POL Meet

Darius,

Apologies for not responding sooner. The difficulty with arranging a spanner meet/nano meet is where to have it. We tend to meet in Pub car parks and have a meal. Minor tinkering only. Then we have the issue of frequency. Shiner has commitments and my Rugby season is from Sept to May. If you know of any suitable venues let me know. Regarding POL, we are meeting at Beaconsfield Services pre 8.00 am.

Peter.

Darkxs 1st April 2014 17:22

Hi Peter, I know it's hard to organise a meeting at a suitable motorist friendly venue and one that all could easily find and get to. I'll have a browse around the area to see what I can find. I'll be joining the convoy at Clacket lane which I guess will be driving past Beaconsfield :)

Steve61 2nd April 2014 08:54

If it helps at all..
The MG Owners Club Dartford meet at the Fighting Cocks in Horton Kirby.
It's just off Junction 2 of the M25.

FLYING BANANA 3rd April 2014 06:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve61 (Post 1626768)
If it helps at all..
The MG Owners Club Dartford meet at the Fighting Cocks in Horton Kirby.
It's just off Junction 2 of the M25.

When and at what time?

Steve61 3rd April 2014 12:43

1st and 3rd Mondays, normally from around 7:30

Yeti 30th April 2014 15:21

Will be doing a meet at The Star in Leatherhead on the Sun 15 Jun, if anyone wants to attend, check the forum

Teflon 26th July 2014 16:09

Post deleted - I put it in the wrong thread!! :eek::o

Cliff

PerciUrwin 22nd May 2018 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevemac (Post 606839)
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...s/Graphic1.jpg

This section of the forum is for news, reviews and notices of meets in London and the counties of Berkshire, Dorset, Hampshire, Surrey, West Sussex and the Isle of Wight.
Our normal base is at the Frog & Wicket Pub in Eversley Cross, Hampshire, where we hold a meet every 3 months or so.

Club merchandise is for sale at these events.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...mg-zt-meet.jpg
Photo by Mark Simpson

We are also looking to hold meets throughout the region, so if you have any ideas regarding venue's or you would like to organise a meet yourself and need some help, please feel free to contact me via Private Messaging (PM).

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...s/P1130941.jpg

Hi there, I've recently joined and have a Conny Saloon SE Facelift in Firefrost.

Please can you let me know when the next regional event will be at the Frog n Wicket?

Many thanks,

Ian G 22nd May 2018 21:44

Hello and welcome John
Frog and Wicket meets are a thing of the past unfortunately.
But there are regular meets at The Ugly Duckling Tatling End on the A40 above Denham. UB9 4LJ
and THE ELY PUB/RESTAURANT, LONDON ROAD, CAMBERLY.
Next meet is at the Ely on the 10th of June.
Here's a link
https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=283129
I can reccomend a visit, both are very enjoyable gatherings.
regards Ian

Gate Keeper 23rd May 2018 04:04

Here is a link to a video I shot of a meet at The Ugly Duckling towards the end of last summer. In the video, you will see the cars and how everyone is welcoming, friendly and very informal https://vimeo.com/238234615

FLYING BANANA 23rd May 2018 05:12

John was at the Ugly Duckling last Sunday.