The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Members Own Spares For Sale (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Conn SE breaking (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=19657)

Platemaker 25th April 2008 20:05

Conn SE breaking

Hi,
I am breaking a Conn SE saloon 2.0 automatic kV6, 2001 Y reg dark blue.
After long consideration I have decided to break it.
I am keeping the electric seats to attempt to use the chassis to convert my ZT. The sunblind is staying too.
Some parts have already sold so pm me and I'll tell you if still got it.
C

David3807 25th April 2008 20:17

Interested in the mirrors if they are chrome covered, working and otherwise in good condition.

Platemaker 25th April 2008 20:22

David,
Mirrors have provisionally been sold, I will pm you if this does not happen.

David3807 25th April 2008 20:29

Thanks very much

Departed 25th April 2008 20:31

If you use the seat frames and therefore end up with leather seat covers without frames, let me know (so long as there's a full set). Of course would depend on colour.

Platemaker 25th April 2008 20:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowedb (Post 177279)
If you use the seat frames and therefore end up with leather seat covers without frames, let me know (so long as there's a full set). Of course would depend on colour.

That is exactly what will happen (hopefully!)
This is the interior:
http://i12.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/e1/98/6437_1_bl.JPG
The seats are perfect.

JohnDotCom 25th April 2008 21:13

If you have the Bottom section with the Walnut trim,
the Ashtray, Cigar Lighter etc still fitted in Framework
I would like to purchase those off you.

efreeti 25th April 2008 22:42

Hi,

If you have the switch panel with cruise and heated seats buttons I would love that. Even just the cruise switch would do if you want to keep the seat switches but I would prefer the lot.

Also depending on the condition and your exact paint code I might be interested in the front bumper and bonnet.

Where abouts are you by the way?

Platemaker 26th April 2008 09:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by efreeti (Post 177360)
Hi,

If you have the switch panel with cruise and heated seats buttons I would love that. Even just the cruise switch would do if you want to keep the seat switches but I would prefer the lot.

Also depending on the condition and your exact paint code I might be interested in the front bumper and bonnet.

Where abouts are you by the way?

I am keeping the switch panel sorry I am going to try to fit everything to the other car........!
I can get the paint code for you later,I am in Wokingham berkshire.
C

Zeb 26th April 2008 09:27

PM sent :)

Platemaker 26th April 2008 12:12

Hi
Paint code is JQW Midnight blue.
Interior is LBB.

Platemaker 5th May 2008 16:51

Hi, In light of the fact that I am now selling my ZT I will have no use for the following parts that I was going to fit to it.

The full leather trim from the 75 is now available, I was going to try to use the electric chassis but no more.

Dash switch panel, four holes,with switches sunblind,cruise control and heated seats.

Any bit's that you can see I've missed will be available.

Phil 5th May 2008 17:22

Do you have the indicator stalk with the button on the end? If so, how much?

Zeb 5th May 2008 18:27

I have already asked Phil....some days ago ;)

Reebs 5th May 2008 18:56

Rear Windscreen

Did the car have built in sat nav?

If it did, I'd be interested in the rear screen window glass if that's available.

carlpenn 5th May 2008 20:07

Do you have the Rear Ash Tray if so, I would be very interested ?

Phil 5th May 2008 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeb (Post 181666)
I have already asked Phil....some days ago ;)

Did you get sorted?

Zeb 5th May 2008 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil (Post 181766)
Did you get sorted?

In the process of getting sorted....:D

Phil 5th May 2008 20:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeb (Post 181768)
In the process of getting sorted....:D

If you find any spare ones........:)

Kearton 5th May 2008 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messenger (Post 177281)

I'm not totally clear what the interior colour is from the photo, but if the roof-lining etc. is in very light grey (I don't know the correct name) and the sun visors have a furry finish rather than a hard plastic finish, I'd be interested in them.
Can you let me know whether they have a light?

Regards,
Kearton

Teflon 6th May 2008 19:59

Messenger - I've just sent you a PM (2 actually, but ignore the first!)

Cliff

StevenWilliams 13th May 2008 23:16

Have you got the electric rearview mirror or a standard one?

carlpenn 26th May 2008 09:55

Has anyone had a response from Messenger?

Phil 26th May 2008 10:06

No.:( .

efreeti 26th May 2008 19:15

I got the switches and panel from him last week. Maybe he is away for the bank holiday?

Platemaker 26th May 2008 22:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by efreeti (Post 189948)
I got the switches and panel from him last week. Maybe he is away for the bank holiday?

Hi yes sorry I am here now!

Platemaker 26th May 2008 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevenWilliams (Post 185268)
Have you got the electric rearview mirror or a standard one?

This car was fitted with the auto dimming item.Is this what you require?

Phil 26th May 2008 23:09

Hi Messenger, do you have the indicator stalk switch with button on the end still?

Rob75 26th May 2008 23:12

hi there,
has she got a sympony radio, if so i would love to take that off your hands to upgrade from a harmony, and i would need the loom if possible? please could you send a pm regarding the price

thank you

carlpenn 27th May 2008 09:11

Hi Messenger.

I would really like the Rear Ashtray if you have it still, as this is the only piece missing from my Conn SE.

StevenWilliams 27th May 2008 11:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messenger (Post 190032)
This car was fitted with the auto dimming item.Is this what you require?

Yes. How much do you want for it?

Platemaker 27th May 2008 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil (Post 190055)
Hi Messenger, do you have the indicator stalk switch with button on the end still?

No , sorry Phil I sold it on here a couple of weeks ago.

CDTi 27th May 2008 20:15

Quote:

Have you tried emailing eBay breakers, Phil? Thats how I got some of my bits.

Phil 27th May 2008 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by CDTi (Post 190248)
Have you tried emailing eBay breakers, Phil? Thats how I got some of my bits.

I have, I am just either out of touch or they are very expensive for a 5 to 10 year old switch.

CDTi 27th May 2008 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil (Post 190262)
...they are very expensive for a 5 to 10 year old switch.

The old law of supply and demand, I suppose.

carlpenn 11th June 2008 15:02

Can you let me know when you dispatch my Item please Messenger :)

Waggie 11th June 2008 21:30

Hi
Looking for a front interior light unit in very light grey have you got this going spare?

Greeners 11th June 2008 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waggie (Post 196308)
Hi
Looking for a front interior light unit in very light grey have you got this going spare?

If he hasn't I may still have, or Les will .....

RLeon 12th June 2008 22:16

Hi Messenger, I'm looking for the female connectors( with a bit of wires) for the VIS Motors on the inlet manifold of the KV6 engine. Shipping would be to the Netherlands.

pdp.cousins 20th June 2008 10:46

HI Messenger, do you still have any parts left. My passenger side front chrome bumper strip is cracked and I could do with replacing. Do you still have these, I guess I should get both sides. How much would you want for them if available. I have a 2001 conn se as well.

If not I'll send another post asking for advice on where to get them also find out how to fit them!

thanks

Paul

iharrison 21st June 2008 09:38

Hand break cover (Gater)?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messenger (Post 177263)
Hi,
I am breaking a Conn SE saloon 2.0 automatic kV6, 2001 Y reg dark blue.
After long consideration I have decided to break it.
I am keeping the electric seats to attempt to use the chassis to convert my ZT. The sunblind is staying too.
Some parts have already sold so pm me and I'll tell you if still got it.
C

Please what condition? and how much.
Regards
Ivan Harrison

carlpenn 24th June 2008 10:47

Has anyone heard from Messenger or recieved their items?

pdp.cousins 24th June 2008 10:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlpenn (Post 201587)

Hi, no I haven't heard anything back yet. Thanks Paul

Teflon 24th June 2008 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlpenn (Post 201587)

Yup - I got a few bits and bobs from him a while back. Have you tried a PM?

He's quite busy, so it pays to be persistent. In the end, I arranged to pop over and collect my bits. He seemed to me to be a genuinely nice guy who just has his hands full at he mo.

Hope this helps,

Cliff

Platemaker 25th June 2008 20:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdp.cousins (Post 199774)
HI Messenger, do you still have any parts left. My passenger side front chrome bumper strip is cracked and I could do with replacing. Do you still have these, I guess I should get both sides. How much would you want for them if available. I have a 2001 conn se as well.

If not I'll send another post asking for advice on where to get them also find out how to fit them!

thanks

Paul

Paul,
Yes I do have them and apologies for not getting back to you or anyone else sooner, that's the trouble with having 3 jobs!
One job takes me out of the country from time to time and I have been abroad more often than not of late,anyway I'm back now and not planning to leave soon!!

Make me an offer Paul it's up to you..
Cheers

carlpenn 25th June 2008 22:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messenger (Post 202245)
Paul,
Yes I do have them and apologies for not getting back to you or anyone else sooner, that's the trouble with having 3 jobs!
One job takes me out of the country from time to time and I have been abroad more often than not of late,anyway I'm back now and not planning to leave soon!!

Cheers

Bloomin eck !! I hope they are all Part time, 3 x 37 hours is a lot :p:

pdp.cousins 26th June 2008 07:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messenger (Post 202245)
Paul,

Cheers

Hi ya, thanks for getting back to me, 3 jobs ! you must be worn out. Anyway I wouldn't know where to start on a price so I'll try and find out what they sort of cost on the net somehow and then come back with a fair offer then. Hope that is ok, Oh do you know if they are easy to take off and replace? cheers Paul

Platemaker 10th July 2008 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlpenn (Post 202329)
Bloomin eck !! I hope they are all Part time, 3 x 37 hours is a lot :p:

I'm sure I had a Sunday off in 1997...and one of them is certainly not part time!!
Anyway, I spoke to soon and ended up being sent somewhere odd for a few weeks to do something expensive.
I am now booked on a course for the next month and cannot be sent anywhere!!!!!
In my travels I have bought another 75 Conn SE to break ( having had so much fun the first time!!!). This one is in Zircon Silver 2000 2.5 v6 saloon with leather etc.
I thought I would offer the choice bits on here before sending them to ebay it has all the stuff you expect it to have.
Anyone who has bought parts off me before has been asked to just make an offer and they have all been accepted to date, so please , make an offer.
Cheers
Corin

ps It has powerfold mirrors with chrome covers, I haven't tested them yet as the car is flat and it only arrived this afternoon, but I can't see any reason why they won't.

StevenWilliams 10th July 2008 20:59

I'm still after a auto dimming mirror.

Reebs 10th July 2008 23:42

What colour is the interior of the Zircon Silver 75, is it Sandstone Beige?
Can we have a picture please :nastypc:

carlpenn 11th July 2008 08:23

I will have the P/Fold Bits if they will go on mine? Can anyone give me a rough idea of what these are worth - I dont have a clue what to offer??

I got my Ashtray :D Sitting nicely in the Console now :D Thanks

EDIT: Probably a silly question, Will you also be including the Door Switch panel?

Platemaker 11th July 2008 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reebs (Post 209534)
What colour is the interior of the Zircon Silver 75, is it Sandstone Beige?
Can we have a picture please :nastypc:

There you are.:lol:

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm151/hp42/rover.jpghttp://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...overinteri.jpg

Platemaker 11th July 2008 20:42

There a bit big, apologies.....:o

carlpenn 11th July 2008 21:04

Quote:

ReebsWhat colour is the interior of the Zircon Silver 75, is it Sandstone Beige?

Looks like Ash Grey and Smokestone - Hows that lurvely green baby of yours doing Reebs? :)

Platemaker 11th July 2008 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlpenn (Post 209576)
I will have the P/Fold Bits if they will go on mine? Can anyone give me a rough idea of what these are worth - I dont have a clue what to offer??

I got my Ashtray :D Sitting nicely in the Console now :D Thanks

EDIT: Probably a silly question, Will you also be including the Door Switch panel?

Happy your pleased with the ashtray, the mirrors are provisionally under offer at the moment from a member, I'll keep you posted.

GreyGhost 11th July 2008 22:45

Will you please state the price you want for any of the parts you have for sale. Asking for offers can easily lead to problems between members after the same item.
It is the fairest way to do this and it is also forum rules.

Thanks.

Reebs 11th July 2008 23:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlpenn (Post 210029)
Looks like Ash Grey and Smokestone - Hows that lurvely green baby of yours doing Reebs? :)

Hi Carl, she's doin mighty fine thanks, ferrying me back and forth from Southampton to London all week without a single moan.

Was just hoping to lay my hands on a couple of sandstone beige D post trims to replace mine which have the fancy touch sensitive reading lights in them.

I found that they were interfering with my radio reception, so I've now disconnected them.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...9f86154eed.jpg

Unfortunately the Zircon Silver car is as you say Smokestone Ash Grey :(

Tolcarne 11th July 2008 23:16

What Stereo / CD changer is fitted, also cables

Regards

Tolcarne

Platemaker 12th July 2008 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tolcarne (Post 210100)
What Stereo / CD changer is fitted, also cables

Regards

Tolcarne

Sorry, I've already sold the stereo.
Cheers

Platemaker 12th July 2008 16:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey Ghost (Post 210087)
Will you please state the price you want for any of the parts you have for sale. Asking for offers can easily lead to problems between members after the same item.
It is the fairest way to do this and it is also forum rules.

Thanks.

Ok, yes. I just felt it was a good way of making sure everyone got a good deal,it can cause some confusion I suppose yes and it has in one instance.
However, the first offer has always been acceptable, it's not a case of me trying to " bid up" the item it's just me asking you how much your willing to pay for it, most people on here seem fair and sensible and I have never declined an offer.

Anyway, I don't want to cause any trouble and I understand your point so everything will now have a price.

Cheers
Corin

GreyGhost 12th July 2008 17:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messenger (Post 210280)
Ok, yes. I just felt it was a good way of making sure everyone got a good deal,it can cause some confusion I suppose yes and it has in one instance.
However, the first offer has always been acceptable, it's not a case of me trying to " bid up" the item it's just me asking you how much your willing to pay for it, most people on here seem fair and sensible and I have never declined an offer.

Anyway, I don't want to cause any trouble and I understand your point so everything will now have a price.

Cheers
Corin

Never crossed my mind.
We have on occasion had problems simply due to possible queuing aspect, which I am sure you are aware of. Where disappointment has led to resentment and ill feeling.

Thanks for your understanding. Please don't let my request put you off offering stuff for sale, glad to accommodate you, most welcome and very useful for members. :)

Platemaker 13th July 2008 20:26

Anyone interested in my electric rear sunblind,parcel shelf,associated wiring and switch for £60?

Or the interior? Seats,doorcards,centreconsole ( minus radio and cupholder bits). for £100?

Walnut dashboard? Dash,clock,airbag cover and assorted wooden bits.
£40?

It has the message centre instruments but I don't think they are reusable are they?

Let me know:lol:

RLeon 13th July 2008 20:31

PM

Hi Messenger,

You got a pm.

Tim_Burgess 14th July 2008 19:26

Hi,

Did either car have a wooden handbrake handle? If so, please PM me

Cheers

Platemaker 14th July 2008 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim_Burgess (Post 211168)
Hi,

Did either car have a wooden handbrake handle? If so, please PM me

Cheers

Sorry Tim but no neither car had one.

Platemaker 19th July 2008 20:34

Quote:

Do you still need this?
The last one sold to Zeb but I do have another now.

pdp.cousins 22nd July 2008 13:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdp.cousins (Post 202397)
Hi ya, thanks for getting back to me, 3 jobs ! you must be worn out. Anyway I wouldn't know where to start on a price so I'll try and find out what they sort of cost on the net somehow and then come back with a fair offer then. Hope that is ok, Oh do you know if they are easy to take off and replace? cheers Paul

Hi, sorry not to have gotten back earlier, have been totally swamped with work and stuff. I will come back to you with an offer asap, not found anything to compare with yet!!! If you still have the strips that is,

thanks

Paul

Platemaker 26th July 2008 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdp.cousins (Post 214000)
Hi, sorry not to have gotten back earlier, have been totally swamped with work and stuff. I will come back to you with an offer asap, not found anything to compare with yet!!! If you still have the strips that is,

thanks

Paul

No problem Paul, as and when....

Anyone else interested in anything? Choice bit's have gone such as indicator stalk,sunblind,interior,radio, cruise control bits etc.
But I've still got the best part of the car left.
PM me for prices, they will all be cheap, I was asking for offers but this is against forum rules and I can understand why.
So what you would of offered is more than likely what I'll sell it for!

Thanks

DaveLeighton 30th July 2008 14:13

Hi!

Messenger - Are you breaking the whole car? Im looking for an under bonnet fuel pump.

Cheers,
Dave

Jules 31st July 2008 23:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey Ghost (Post 210295)
Never crossed my mind.
We have on occasion had problems simply due to possible queuing aspect, which I am sure you are aware of. Where disappointment has led to resentment and ill feeling.

Thanks for your understanding. Please don't let my request put you off offering stuff for sale, glad to accommodate you, most welcome and very useful for members. :)

Hi GG

How's tricks?
Ever thought of going the complete opposite with the rules?!!:o
Like our own little eBAy if you like. (commission payable to club funds)
Have say a proper 7 day auction in Items for sale, so everyone knows highest bid wins by the dead line.

Then there should be no confusion or hard feelings.
What does everyone think? :getmecoat:

black olive 1st August 2008 07:30

sounds fine to me, along with the proviso that only fully paid up members can advertise and bid ( £3 doesnt seem a lot for this useful resource)

keiron99 1st August 2008 14:24

Is Messenger still around? I've sent a message a couple of days ago but got no response.

Platemaker 1st August 2008 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by keiron99 (Post 217608)
Is Messenger still around? I've sent a message a couple of days ago but got no response.

Yes, still around!

Sent a few PM's to those that are interested in bit's.
Auction thing sounds an interesting idea.

Simon 1st August 2008 21:14

Thanks guys for the suggestion of the auction. I fear though that it would be difficult to manage and run on the Club despite the best efforts of the members. I will pass on your suggestions to the powers that be for further pondering.

Zeb 1st August 2008 21:25

Messenger you have a PM from me, somewhere....

Platemaker 1st August 2008 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeb (Post 217685)
Messenger you have a PM from me, somewhere....

Ah, yes I will PM you now!

RLeon 2nd August 2008 16:47

Connectors

Hi Messenger,

Received the connectors. Now can start building the test box. Thanks for everything.

Platemaker 2nd August 2008 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLeon (Post 217871)
Hi Messenger,

Received the connectors. Now can start building the test box. Thanks for everything.

Leon,
Glad your happy with them!

Thanks very much.

Whisky Willie 5th August 2008 16:21

Bits & Bobs

Hi
I am looking for either a traction control/sun blind or cruise control switch that must have the connecting plug at the back with about three inches of wiring with it. Any one of these units will do.
I would also like an indicator switch that has the message centre button at the end.
If you still have any of these items I am ready to part with my hard earned readies///
Regards
Whisky Willie

Platemaker 6th August 2008 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whisky Willie (Post 218858)
Hi
I am looking for either a traction control/sun blind or cruise control switch that must have the connecting plug at the back with about three inches of wiring with it. Any one of these units will do.
I would also like an indicator switch that has the message centre button at the end.
If you still have any of these items I am ready to part with my hard earned readies///
Regards
Whisky Willie

I'm afraid I haven't got any of those at the moment sorry!

Platemaker 9th August 2008 08:26

Decided to break the other one now, seems a shame but it has got a few dings and scrapes on it and realistically not worth tidying up.
It's a Connoisseur, in Wedgewood blue, full leather etc, there is no cruise control fitted to this car, and no rear sunblind.

The 2.5 v6 petrol engine was subject to a £2500 top end rebuild 2 years ago including new belts, all carried out by Rover and documented. As you can imagine it runs VERY well, it's automatic.
Bodypanels are mostly in good condition although, the driver's side rear wing has a small dent, the passenger side front wing is dented and there is a strange dent in the driver's side sill.
Pictures are on their way.:)