The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Webasto diesel heater retro fit. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=222471)

Mogodon 31st July 2015 17:49

Webasto diesel heater retro fit.

Got an 04 facelift Derv ZT.

Would the wiring be there already for the Webasto diesel pre-heater ?

Easy fit or PIA and more bother than it's worth?

Falcon Flyer 31st July 2015 17:53

I believe all the cars were wired for the pump and the webasto itself. Get it done, easily the best bit of kit on my car!

Graham E 31st July 2015 18:02

Sorry to hijack thread but what does this do?

The Rovering Member 31st July 2015 18:04

Warms up the car on a winter's morning while you're still having your morning cuppa.

Mogodon 31st July 2015 18:05

You can set it to pre-heat the engine before you start the car. A modern version of the famous Kenlowe pre-heater.

Mogodon 31st July 2015 18:06

Is the a how-to anywhere ?

The Rovering Member 31st July 2015 18:18

Retrofit to Petrol car

Just wondering if that's a possibility. Obviously a small diesel container would have to be fitted somewhere. I've often thought about it with a lorry night-heater as it's a real boon on a frosty morning getting into a warm, completely clear motor.

HarryM1BYT 31st July 2015 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rovering Member (Post 2060181)
Just wondering if that's a possibility. Obviously a small diesel container would have to be fitted somewhere. I've often thought about it with a lorry night-heater as it's a real boon on a frosty morning getting into a warm, completely clear motor.

My how to for the diesel install is below. There is no reason why it could not be fitted to a petrol, if space can be found for the unit. It is a shoe box size unit and needs connection to the small heater pipework and space for the exhaust and must go under the bonnet - you wouldn't want it in the cabin, if it miss fired..

bl52krz 31st July 2015 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT (Post 2060191)
My how to for the diesel install is below. There is no reason why it could not be fitted to a petrol, if space can be found for the unit. It is a shoe box size unit and needs connection to the small heater pipework and space for the exhaust and must go under the bonnet - you wouldn't want it in the cabin, if it miss fired..

Quick question Harry. When the cars (Diesel) were made, did they all have the pump for the FBH fitted under the car, or would you have to retrofit the take off from the tank?

The Rovering Member 31st July 2015 19:22

That's good, sounds like it may be easier than cruise control anyway. :} l can't find your guide to fitting listed, Harry.