The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Why? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=292225)

Mike Trident 25th January 2019 10:19

Why?

Why is it that when I ever I lift the bonnet of my car someone will ask, "what's wrong with it?". Then give me a strange look when I reply "nothing! Just checking fluid levels".

The other day, I was seen checking the tire pressures, an elderly lady driver asked what was the machine I was using , "oh it's an electric air pump that runs on my cigarette lighter" she enquired "what are you pumping in". Jeez! "Air" I said. She asked "Do they need air often?" I said, "not very often, but need checking". She got into her car saying, "hmm I didn't know they had air in them".

Dallas 25th January 2019 10:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Trident (Post 2705410)
Why is it that when I ever I lift the bonnet of my car someone will ask, "what's wrong with it?". Then give me a strange look when I reply "nothing! Just checking fluid levels".

That's because the new generation of people today never lift their bonnet, they don't check their levels, they get their local garage to do it.

It doesn't help when the vehicle manufacture steers all maintenance away from the owner/driver in favour of one of the mainstream garage services.

Mike Noc 25th January 2019 10:47

Quote:

Because they notice you have a diesel Mike, and we all know fluid levels don't need checking on them. ;) :D

roverbarmy 25th January 2019 10:49

Many new cars don't even have a dipstick (apart from some of the folks driving them!).:D

zedhed 25th January 2019 10:51

Quote:

The other day, I was seen checking the tire pressures, an elderly lady driver asked what was the machine I was using , "oh it's an electric air pump that runs on my cigarette lighter" she enquired "what are you pumping in". Jeez! "Air" I said. She asked "Do they need air often?" I said, "not very often, but need checking". She got into her car saying, "hmm I didn't know they had air in them".

😂😂what did she think was in em,water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

macafee2 25th January 2019 10:53

lucky anyone asks you. When I have been towing the caravan and stop at services, I always let the engine idle for a minute or two and lift the bonnet to let the heat out. No-one has ever asked me what's wrong.
I'd ask if they were ok if I saw someone with the bonnet up.

macafee2

m2n 25th January 2019 11:02

I bet her car manual was in braille......

Mike Trident 25th January 2019 11:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Noc (Post 2705421)
Because they notice you have a diesel Mike, and we all know fluid levels don't need checking on them. ;) :D

True! I never have to actually do anything lol

Mike Trident 25th January 2019 11:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by roverbarmy (Post 2705424)
Many new cars don't even have a dipstick (apart from some of the folks driving them!).:D

Actually I kept telling my daughter to always check the oil level. She says "No point, it will tell me on the dash when it needs some". I then informed her that I was caught out quite a few years ago when I let my car run down to the low Mark on the dipstick. Yes the light did come on, but it also won't allow the engine to start, so you will be stranded. She checks it now lol

Daveluck 25th January 2019 11:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by zedhed (Post 2705425)
😂😂what did she think was in em,water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My tractors tyres are full of water...gives em more grip