The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   HELP? Wrong Turbo??? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=296777)

Rev Jules 20th June 2019 18:13

HELP? Wrong Turbo???

I think I might have purchased the wrong Turbo, just discovered there are two types, a Mitsibushi and a Garret, which one for which engine, 113 or the 131 Diesel.

Rev

Yorkshire GOC 20th June 2019 18:28

All i know its a Garret for the 1.8 turbo:shrug:

Mickyboy 20th June 2019 18:32

Garret turbocharger part number :TD025L3-08T-3.3 from memory only got about 20 in stock never go wrong on the M47R engine, different turbo on the BMW M47 lump tho,
Mick

Rev Jules 20th June 2019 18:58

Still doesn’t explain what the difference is.

Rev

marinabrian 20th June 2019 19:04

The diesel is a Mitsubishi unit, the petrol a Garrett, the problem with smoke on your car is injector related not turbocharger though ;)

Brian :D

Rev Jules 20th June 2019 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2742121)
The diesel is a Mitsubishi unit, the petrol a Garrett, the problem with smoke on your car is injector related not turbocharger though ;)

Hi Brian, I trust your judgment completely but it doesn’t explain why if there is a problem with the injectors why does it appear to be burning oil on initial startup, you said yourself when you checked it at Walworth, the injectors were running spot on. After you took that contraption off.

Cheers

Julien

Mickyboy 20th June 2019 19:53

Believe me injectors can drop out of spec at any time, I’ve tested enough of them in my time, lots of different reasons for it, spray pattern/leak back etc
Smoke on start up as Brian as stated is often a tell tail sign
Mick

marinabrian 20th June 2019 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev Jules (Post 2742124)
Hi Brian, I trust your judgment completely but it doesn’t explain why if there is a problem with the injectors why does it appear to be burning oil on initial startup, you said yourself when you checked it at Walworth, the injectors were running spot on. After you took that contraption off.

Cheers

Julien

I reckon that add on gadget has damaged the injectors, the problem being the car had warmed up somewhat after we removed the box of tricks.

If we base it on my own personal experience of failed 75 diesel turbochargers, which can be counted on the finger of one finger, injectors not so.

It needs checking again I'd say Jules ;)

Rev Jules 20th June 2019 20:15

[QUOTE=marinabrian;2742139]I reckon that add on gadget has damaged the injectors, the problem being the car had warmed up somewhat after we removed the box of tricks.

If we base it on my own personal experience of failed 75 diesel turbochargers, which can be counted on the finger of one finger, injectors not so.

It needs checking again I'd say Jules ;)

Brian :D[/QUOTE

Okey Koky, so should I think about replacing all of them, if so at what approx cost,

Cheers.

Julien

clf 20th June 2019 20:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev Jules (Post 2742124)

Cheers

Julien

dont think of it as burning oil (unless you are losing oil of course), but think of it as burning a heavier concentration of diesel (which faulty injectors could do).

Injectors dribbling diesel into the combustion chamber instead of a finely metered injected spray will give the black smoke.